Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? (883 Views)

My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help / Warning Signs That You May Be At Risk Of A Heart Attack And What To Do / How To Prevent Heart Attack At Any Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Madeofgabe: 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2022
I’m a 25 years old guy and I was been diagnosed with high blood pressure in 2020 when I wanted to do a surgery. I have bp history with both parents and it was reaching 150 90. I was advised to start lifestyle changes as they said I was too young for no meds. Lost my mom to cardiac arrest last year and It’s been between stable and high and then last year November, it hit 180 140 and I was immediately put on amlodopine 10mg. Sometimes I stop the meds for 2 weeks and start when it becomes high. My cholesterol level is 196, did Electrocardiogram last month and it was normal. I woke up this morning from sharp pains in my left chest and it stopped like 5 seconds after I was up. Was feeling dizzy at sometime in the afternoon . I’m scared it might have been a silent heart attack.
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Danibonk(m): 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2022
Bro death is flashing you with Mtn bleep you go just Dey see the miss calls you no go fit pick am
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Madeofgabe: 10:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
Danibonk:
Bro death is flashing you with Mtn bleep you go just Dey see the miss calls you no go fit pick am
I really don’t get you. If you’re a medical practitioner, please give me some advice instead of scaring me. I’ve done everything I can do. I’m still on meds now
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by VictoryAssured: 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2022
May you find healing in all the challenges.

1 Like

Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Madeofgabe: 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2022
P.S it is 117 72 now but I’m still feeling the after effect of that chest pain.
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Madeofgabe: 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2022
VictoryAssured:
May you find healing in all the challenges.
amen thank you
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Deborah98(f): 11:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
BP is very bad and scaring. My mom got hers from childbearing. And it was at age 25 hers began and ever since then it's been managed. What annoys me most is the stress it puts on all of us especially my dad whenever it reaches it's crises limit. I can imagine what you are going through. I don't know but I'll be praying for God's healing upon your life. My mom to an extent has reduced in her intake of drugs,the last time my dad called they were arguing that my mom insisted that she is healed and shouldn't be bound to drugs for life although medical personnel advised she applies faith with wisdom. As you go about seeking for solutions,I'll join you in prayers for God's Interventions. It's well.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by JOACHINpedro: 7:21am On Jun 24, 2022
Danibonk:
Everything is not cruise

1 Like

Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by chypotenti(m): 9:08am On Jun 24, 2022
You're healed bro!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Madeofgabe: 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
Deborah98:
BP is very bad and scaring. My mom got hers from childbearing. And it was at age 25 hers began and ever since then it's been managed. What annoys me most is the stress it puts on all of us especially my dad whenever it reaches it's crises limit. I can imagine what you are going through. I don't know but I'll be praying for God's healing upon your life. My mom to an extent has reduced in her intake of drugs,the last time my dad called they were arguing that my mom insisted that she is healed and shouldn't be bound to drugs for life although medical personnel advised she applies faith with wisdom. As you go about seeking for solutions,I'll join you in prayers for God's Interventions. It's well.
Thanks a lot. I think I’ll just continue the drugs cos sometimes I stop cos I feel I’m too young. I’m feeling a lot better now but I’ll keep on with the drugs. It’ll go a long way. Thank you again. Please advice your mom to regularly check her bp. If she has to buy the machine, let her buy it. It’s no joke. Bp took my mom last year August when she stopped taking meds and didn’t check regularly.

1 Like

Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Madeofgabe: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2022
chypotenti:
You're healed bro!!
Amen bro. Thanks alot
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Madeofgabe: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2022
JOACHINpedro:

Everything is not cruise
I swear, the guy scared me last night. But I know God is in control.
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by 2elliot: 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2022
Madeofgabe:
I’m a 25 years old guy and I was been diagnosed with high blood pressure in 2020 when I wanted to do a surgery. I have bp history with both parents and it was reaching 150 90. I was advised to start lifestyle changes as they said I was too young for no meds. Lost my mom to cardiac arrest last year and It’s been between stable and high and then last year November, it hit 180 140 and I was immediately put on amlodopine 10mg. Sometimes I stop the meds for 2 weeks and start when it becomes high. My cholesterol level is 196, did Electrocardiogram last month and it was normal. I woke up this morning from sharp pains in my left chest and it stopped like 5 seconds after I was up. Was feeling dizzy at sometime in the afternoon . I’m scared it might have been a silent heart attack.
Find this flower and eat the leaves. It is very good for lowering high blood pressure, and so cures stomach ulcers when eaten with fried groundnuts. Pluck and eat five leaves daily or twice.

Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Deborah98(f): 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2022
Madeofgabe:
Thanks a lot. I think I’ll just continue the drugs cos sometimes I stop cos I feel I’m too young. I’m feeling a lot better now but I’ll keep on with the drugs. It’ll go a long way. Thank you again. Please advice your mom to regularly check her bp. If she has to buy the machine, let her buy it. It’s no joke. Bp took my mom last year August when she stopped taking meds and didn’t check regularly.
We have the machine at home. My dad insist on her checking it on daily basis and also taking her drugs. Sorry for the loss of your mom. This too shall pass away. Stay strong bro...

1 Like

Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by adedola5: 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
Madeofgabe:

Bro please calm down I’m 30 and I was diagnosed with hbp 4month ago. It’s not the end of the world. Take your medications daily and check it daily. I will advise you to buy a bp machine. I pray God grant us Devine healing
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by 1F30M4(f): 9:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
Mine is hereditary too. So sorry for your loss, may her soul continue to Rest In Peace.

Like you, I hate routine drugs. A family friend told me about sandpaper leaves, wash and squeeze them in clean water and take a glassful thrice daily. Absolutely recommend cos it's very effective, I took it just twice daily for a week and I've not felt that heaviness in my chest for a while now. Squeezing it na work oninown but it's totally worth it. If you can do it on your own or have someone help you squeeze them, I guarantee you'd feel much better. If you can't, keep taking your medications, get enough rest and always check your bp.

Also, if I may add - sometimes when there's a spike in your bp, it could be malaria, get tested & seek treatment as soon as you can.
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Olorilolo(f): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2022
I'll suggest you visit the hospital to relay your experience, they might probably place you on Vasoprin to protect your heart.

Reduce Salt intake to the barest minimum, same with seasoning cubes.

Convert all protein to chicken, turkey and fish. Let go of red meat.

Don't strain in the toilet hence make sure you take water adequately to avoid constipation.

Avoid (like a plague) hard drugs and s*x enhancers. Rest after one orga**sm and live to fight another day.

You're young so you have a higher chance of fighting this.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by AlphaG: 10:23pm On Jan 31
Madeofgabe:
Hi bro, pls I need your help on how you have been controlling your bp. Cuz recently I noticed my bp go up and I feel pain in left side of my chest and it sometimes travels to my left arm, I try to bring the bp down with amlodipine and lissinopril, it goes down for like a day and come back right up, I’m actually so tired right now 🥲
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Madeofgabe: 10:37pm On Jan 31
AlphaG:

Hi bro, pls I need your help on how you have been controlling your bp. Cuz recently I noticed my bp go up and I feel pain in left side of my chest and it sometimes travels to my left arm, I try to bring the bp down with amlodipine and lissinopril, it goes down for like a day and come back right up, I’m actually so tired right now 🥲

Bro you need to keep taking it. Same time, every day. Non stop. It’s a lifetime thing, unless you can start some lifestyle changes to reduce your bp. The lifestyle change include “ stop eating red meat, sleep for about 7 hours, exercise regularly(mostly cardio), avoid salt, avoid fatty food. You need vegetables and fruits. High bp is no joke. But you need to calm down. Sometimes I get that pain too. And it might be indigestion. But to be sure of it, you might need to have an ECG test and chest X-ray. Have you seen a cardiologist?
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by AlphaG: 11:22pm On Jan 31
Madeofgabe:

Bro you need to keep taking it. Same time, every day. Non stop. It’s a lifetime thing, unless you can start some lifestyle changes to reduce your bp. The lifestyle change include “ stop eating red meat, sleep for about 7 hours, exercise regularly(mostly cardio), avoid salt, avoid fatty food. You need vegetables and fruits. High bp is no joke. But you need to calm down. Sometimes I get that pain too. And it might be indigestion. But to be sure of it, you might need to have an ECG test and chest X-ray. Have you seen a cardiologist?
No bro, I dey try gather money
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Free2Fly: 2:33pm On Feb 01
AlphaG:

You're already having symptoms of Ischaemic heart disease, and need to do ECG ASAP.
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by Free2Fly: 2:36pm On Feb 01
AlphaG:

No bro, I dey try gather money

It's unfortunate that one will have to gather money in Nigeria to do a test as basic as ECG that's done so often abroad, even in roadside clinics.

Just concentrate on the ECG for now; X-ray won't offer much with regard to diagnosis.
Re: Can I Have A Heart Attack At 25? by samwash(m): 11:29pm On Feb 01
Madeofgabe:

Guy nothing dey do you, those chest pain na as a result of the side effects of the drugs you dey take, especially if you dey take vasoprin,since your body is just getting use to the drugs.
Reduce your salt intake,fatty foods, exercise regularly, and take your drugs, nothin go do you.
Aviod stress at all cost & over thinking.

(1) (Reply)

Sound Sleep / Pot Belly Is Urgly & Unhealthy! / Everybody Abeg Contribute: I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.