Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,905 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

What Does UA Means In The Military? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Does UA Means In The Military? (822 Views)

What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount / What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday / Divine Nwaneri: IMSU Student Shot Dead By The Military In Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does UA Means In The Military? by zaza1955: 6:18am On Jun 24, 2022
It is daunting task to keep track of all the acronyms used in the military. Do you know what UA stands for? This acronym is mostly used when talking about absences. UA is short for Unauthorized Absence.

Unauthorized Absence is not the only UA definition available in the military context, though. There are many others, and you will find out everything about the UA military meanings in this article. Therefore, keep reading to learn more!

UA in the military context

Like I said in the introduction, UA (Unauthorized Absence) is a term used to define absences without leave or absences without authorization in a military setup.

Section 886 of Title 10, United States Code defines “absence without leave.” The Army, Air Force, and Space Force use this term; the Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard use the term “unauthorized absence.”

Soldiers leaving their units without permission has been a concern throughout history. It has also been experienced by the United States Army from its inception at the time of the Revolutionary War.

Obviously, soldiers being absent without leave (AWOL) and deserting is a troubling phenomenon whenever it occurs.

UA In the Military Aviation context

In the military aviation context, UA stands for “Unmanned Aircraft.”

Unmanned aircrafts are a category of aircraft that have the ability to fly without a pilot present.

Unmanned aircraft systems consist of the aircraft component, sensor payloads and a ground control station. They can be controlled by onboard electronic equipments or via control equipment from the ground.

When it is remotely controlled from ground It is referred to as an RPV (Remotely Piloted Vehicle) and requires dependable wireless communication for control.

UAs are used for observation and tactical planning. This technology is now available for use in the emergency response field to assist the crew members.

Umanned Aircrafts are classified based on the altitude range, endurance and weight, and support a wide range of applications including military and commercial applications.

Read full article HERE: https://gallantmilitary.org.ng/2022/06/24/what-does-ua-means-in-the-military/

Re: What Does UA Means In The Military? by SEGLIZ: 6:28am On Jun 24, 2022
unmanned aircrafts are also known as drones.
Re: What Does UA Means In The Military? by Deborah98(f): 6:33am On Jun 24, 2022
I have this silent admiration for military people and I wish to be one but I don't have heart and I'm not strong sad... But I'll try and at least join one force work in my lifetime. I have the desire to.

2 Likes

Re: What Does UA Means In The Military? by orisa37: 6:47am On Jun 24, 2022
"acronyms unlimited".
Re: What Does UA Means In The Military? by Kirkman: 7:47am On Jun 24, 2022
What you called UA in your write up is actually called in aviation terms UCAV (Unamanned Combat Aerial Vehicle) so kindly correct yourself.
Re: What Does UA Means In The Military? by Kingnelson9: 9:51am On Jun 24, 2022
Deborah98:
I have this silent admiration for military people and I wish to be one but I don't have heart and I'm not strong sad... But I'll try and at least join one force work in my lifetime. I have the desire to.
You don't have the heart , better abstain

1 Like

Re: What Does UA Means In The Military? by zaza1955: 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2022
Kirkman:
What you called UA in your write up is actually called in aviation terms UCAV (Unamanned Combat Aerial Vehicle) so kindly correct yourself.

Thanks for your input. That's why I said in the introduction that there are many acronyms, I just highlighted some. Unmanned Aircraft (UA) is another name for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. This doesn't remove Unmanned Aircraft from the narrative.

1 Like

Re: What Does UA Means In The Military? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
Unauthorised Absence.

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Sprays Money Wrapped With ‘juju’ On People At A Club In Port Harcourt / What Would Ig Of Police Do To These Patrol Team? (a Must Watch Video+details) / How I Murdered Islamic Cleric Who Offered Me Free Ride - Soldier Confess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.