Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,507 members, 7,861,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:34 PM

6 Times Burnaboy Fought With Fellow Celebrities - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 6 Times Burnaboy Fought With Fellow Celebrities (616 Views)

Phyno Stuns Fellow Celebrities With His Brand New Maserati. PHOTOS / First YBNL Female Signee, Temi Ovwasa Pierced Her Ear 6 Times, Is This Normal?? / Young Man Who Fought To Get Davido's O2 Concert Jacket Shows It Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Times Burnaboy Fought With Fellow Celebrities by AfroHypeMedia: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmBNzjYu2f4

Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu known professionally as BurnaBoy, is a Nigerian performing grammy-winning superstar. Let's take a look at the Grammy winner and his journey through his various fights with other entertainers.

1. Burna Boy vs Obafemi Martins, CDQ

Obafemi Martins is a Nigerian professional footballer and one of the richest big boys in Lagos. He is fondly called Obagoal. He is a fantastic footballer with great goal scoring abilities but that cannot even rival his partying skills. He is known for always chilling in the club and partying with other celebrities.

Burna Boy's feud with Obagoal started with an allegation of disrespect. CDQ, a Nigerian rapper, called out BurnaBoy for disrespecting Obagoal, Obafemi Martins. It was gathered that Burna Boy fought with Obafemi Martins and CDQ at Bayrock Club in Lagos.

According to the gathered information, the fight started when Burna Boy allegedly confronted Obafemi Martins and demanded that the football star showed him respect.

The ‘beef’ was over quickly though, because only a few hours later, a video surfaced with the trio chilling at the same VIP section.

2. Burna Boy vs Shatta Wale

Ghanaian reggae-dancehall artist, Charles Mensah, popularly known as Shatta Wale has engaged in a war of words with Burna Boy, on social media for a very long time.

For those who might not know how it all started, here is what transpired between the music stars.

On December 26, 2021, Shatta Wale while addressing his fans at Green Lounge, Tema, Ghana, took a swipe at his Nigerian counterparts. He threw a shade at Nigerian artistes, after selling out the Accra Sports Stadium for his concert.

At the concert, he boasted that he did not need Nigerian musicians to fill up the biggest stadium in Ghana. Here's what he said “Do you know that majority of people in the Ghana music industry are fools? They told me that I won’t be able to fill my stadium. I don’t look up to any stupid Nigerian artiste. I look up to my fans, Bleep Nigeria.”

Little did we know that Shatta Wale’s statement were a calculated attack on a particular artiste, BurnaBoy.

Burna Boy not pleased with Shatta Wale words, took to his Instagram story to condemn any attempt to divide African nations. He wrote, “Pushing this Agenda of separation between our beautiful African Nations is a grave disservice to the generations coming after us. It goes against everything I stand for as a man and as an unapologetic pan Africanist" He also added ‘Therefore, if Shatta or anyone has a personal problem with me, I’m still open to fighting one on one and squashing it after."

As if Shatta Wale was waiting on Burna’s reply, he snapped and double dared the Grammy winning artiste to a one-on-one challenge in a stadium, Accra, Ghana.

Burna Boy responded, insisting on engaging Shatta in a psychical fight like “real men do.”

Shatta Wale then responded, saying he had respect for Burna Boy’s mum, who also doubled as his manager.

Burna Boy has since backed down and stop responding to Shatta Wale’s outbursts.

3. Burna Boy vs Davido

We weren't really surprised by this, owing to the fact that Burna boy and Davido have always had a back and forth, taking digs at each other from the vocal booth. Their first physical fight happened in the street of Ghana. The pair had a free-for-all fight on 28th December, 2020 at a club in Ghana. 

According to an eyewitness, Steven Mingle, Burna Boy came to the club and attacked Davido. The African Giant was later asked to leave the premises with his boys.

“Davido was having fun with his guys; I was also there beside him taking some shots. I was standing by the door when I saw Burna Boy and at least six guys following him. When Burna Boy entered, he did not come to chill there because he just came to attack Davido. He just went straight to Davido."

“Davido spotted him and his look showed that he was wondering why he (Burna Boy) was coming to his table but he stood his ground. Just like boxing face-off, the next thing blows started flying; the girls and people inside Twist Lounge had to run; I also ran.”

Mingle further claimed that the security officers of the club immediately asked Burna Boy to leave the premises.

The duo ended their beef recently as BurnaBoy
announced that he is no longer vexed with co-superstar, Davido. Burna Boy’s statement said “FYI, I have no issues with David, we good now.”. He then continued to explain that “David wasn’t tryna 1 on 1 me but we figured it out. 2022 all of us must love ourselves by force.”.

4. Burna Boy vs AKA

In 2019, when the xenophobic riots occurred in the South African city of Johannesburg, the riot which lead to the deaths of at least seven people. Burna Boy reacted to the attacks because Nigerians were also targeted. The situation took a wild turn after Burna Boy said he would boycott South Africa, because his fellow Nigerians were being treated badly.

During the xenophobic attacks, in a series of tweets, Burna Boy took direct shots at AKA for his stand on the Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa. He wrote, “And @akaworldwide, I knew you was retarded but I didn’t know it had gotten this bad. Next time I see you, you better have a big security bro, On Gambos Grave ur gunna need it.”

Burna Boy further shared his own experience with xenophobia while he was in South Africa in 2017. “I personally have had my own xenophobic experiences at the hands of South Africans and because of that, I have not set foot in SA since 2017. And I will NOT EVER go to South Africa again for any reason until the SOUTH AFRICAN government wakes the Bleep up and really performs a miracle because I don’t know how they can even possibly fix this,” he wrote.

5. Burna Boy vs Mr 2kay

Burna Boy's fued with Mr 2kay started in October, 2017 when Mr 2Kay reacted to the negative things Burna Boy said about Nigerian pastors. During an interview, Mr 2kay noted that Burna Boy shouldn’t have spoken ill of pastors because they are anointed men of God. Burna Boy who wasn't pleased with the unsolicited advice allegedly threatened him. “You better have that energy when I come for you because I’m coming for you,” he allegedly threatened Mr 2kay.

On, October 22, 2017, 2Baba and Tiwa Savage headlined Buckwyld ‘n’ Breathless at Eko Hotel & Suites where Mr 2Kay also performed. After his performance, he went to his hotel room where he was attacked and robbed. Most of his possessions were gone and he was left with bruises. The case was reported to the police by the hotel management. 

Four suspects were arrested including Burna Boy's road manager, Joel. During interrogation, the robbers confessed that they were hired by Burna Boy through his manager. This confession prompted the Police to invite Burna Boy for questioning over Mr 2Kay’s robbery incident.

The singer later honoured the police invitation. So far so good, it seems the case has been settled.

6. Burna Boy vs Tonto Dikeh

On October 17, 2012, Tonto released two songs, High and Itz Ova. Both songs were publicly roasted by trolls and as a result she trended on Twitter for days.

Burna Boy took to his Twitter account and wrote that people who release bad songs deserve death. He wrote, “God punish all of you who disrespect the name of music by releasing d noisy wackness being released these days. Death is d least yu deserve”. Many believed his tweet was directed at Tonto Dikeh, even though the singer did not mention any name.

Then on October 21, 2012, Burna Boy fell on stage in the middle of his performance at the Hip Hop World Awards. Few hours after the Hip Hop World Awards, Tonto Dike took to her Twitter account to Diss back Burna Boy. She however, decided mentioned his name. She tweeted, “Gud Mrng Loverz* May all ur problemz b blinded wit dark shadez n Fall off their STAGE LiKE BURNABOY *IJN* ** #POKO#”…. Hehehehhehe itz Karma baby* D bitch beautiful…….” (sic).

Now, we've come to the end of the list celebrities Burna Boy has had issues with. Burna Boy is not a person to toy with.

Re: 6 Times Burnaboy Fought With Fellow Celebrities by AfroHypeMedia: 8:18am On Jun 24, 2022
ijebabe nex
Re: 6 Times Burnaboy Fought With Fellow Celebrities by Meajor(m): 8:47am On Jun 24, 2022
Him fall no go far
Re: 6 Times Burnaboy Fought With Fellow Celebrities by AfroHypeMedia: 9:21am On Jun 24, 2022
Meajor:
Him fall no go far

Na lie

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Go Close To Women If You Don’t Have Money – Timaya / Why Jeff Bezos Reply Uju Anya / “portable Stole ‘azaman’ From Me” – Cameroonian Rapper, Kitz237 Cries Out (video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.