Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act (19309 Views)

Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) / PDP Asks US, UK To Impose Visa Ban On Buhari, Malami And Lai Mohammed / Why Adamu Can Remain IGP Till 2023 Or 2024 – Buhari, Malami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2022
HakiimAlvista:
[/color][color=#000099][color=#000099][/color]
Is this election going to be electronic or the usual way. Honest answers pls

It is at the behest of inec
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2022
HakiimAlvista:
[/color][color=#000099][color=#000099][/color]
Is this election going to be electronic or the usual way. Honest answers pls
Electronic? NO, but some technology has been added to it.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Peacecore: 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2022
seunmsg:

Fergie001, you got it all wrong again. The Supreme Court has thrown away the stupid lawsuit of Malami that you supported. I was thinking of hiring you as my lawyer before but with the look of things, I think garfield1 is a better choice grin grin grin
shocked in ur case against Omokri on blocking on Twitter bah

1 Like

Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
It is on shallow grounds, I am not twisting anything.

Whether the ground shallow or deep. Na you wey be digger sabi dat one. The koko be say the judgment is in favour of the appellant and 84(12) is still the extant "shallow" law
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ifypros: 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2022
Justice dispensed without fear or favor. Useless govt. The most useless in the whole world
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:
Whether the ground shallow or deep. Na you wey be digger sabi dat one. The koko be say the judgment is in favour of the appellant and 84(12) is still the extant "shallow" law
Anyways, we will wait when another person institutes a suit on it..... garfield1 has explained it better up there.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:

So you believe you can only be compatible with Igbo/Ogoja? That does not speak well of you as a modern and eclectic man. You're sounding like a tribal nigga

With all these other things wey you list so, your search go be ultimate search o. It go long and brutal gaaaan

Tribalistic? I thought you accuse me of siding with the north.a Nigerian must be tribalustic at some point.by upper cross river,I meant from akamkpa upwards.I have a lists of ladies,I'll soon zero in on one sha
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:

That's what I have been saying.

I don't have the link....I have to send by screenshots. The Supreme Court Judgement abi?

Yes
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Peacecore: 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
Now, that Abia state H/court judge should come forward for execution by d general public.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:

Lol
You're yet to get over this? grin grin
I miss Justice Mary cry

You are getting me angry.I dislike her.that judgment could have gone either way
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

Even before onnoghen was appointed,I foresaw it years ago and celebrated him.but I am not a biased fellow.that guy leans towards pdp and was careless plus he is notorious for impunity.his community is too domineering and hostile...I feel tanko has done better.under tanko,judges have more free hands plus delivering daring judgments...

Yes,they might be angry over that tanko issue but their anger should be with fg not tanko.it is just transferred aggression.in that tanko letter,there was hindsight.expenses are rising yet their budget are not increasing.it is static just like the finances of the average public servant.they should all go and meet the nass and demand for more funds

You're still disappointing me. Seems you demand a saint of your own people while worshipping the demons of others. Is Buhari perfect? With all his flaws, you have worshipped him for seven years!!
Is Tinubu a saint? Yet he is your next lord and savior. Tell me if Onnoghen has character flaws and iniquities more than this gentlemen yet you're ready to overlook theirs. I guess your stance further butters the point that a man's enemies are those of his household.
What does it matter if Onnoghen is PDP or not? Mary still kicked Bayelsa to APC. APC still lost Zamfara and Rivers. Are you telling me if you have a frontline politician from your ethnic stock but from PDP like Donald Duke, gaining popularity and about to ascend to the highest office, you will stand in his way because he's PDP. Are you really that naïve? undecided

How is Tanko the aeroplane pilot better than Onnoghen? I doubt he commands the respect of his brother judges. That is why I think that letter came out. That is also why they have become more daring. They are all well aware of his intellectual deficit. Moreso, the matter is administrative and not necessarily at the door of NASS. It shows how administratively deficient he is. I also won't rule out corruption with the boldness with which the letter was written. You ought to know those judges are like icebergs.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Olastep1(m): 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2022
Funny government
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
Anyways, we will wait when another person institutes a suit on it..... garfield1 has explained it better up there.

I agree with him wholeheartedly with him on these issue. I suspect he had a hearty meal that led to sweet dream overnight.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

Tribalistic? I thought you accuse me of siding with the north.a Nigerian must be tribalustic at some point.by upper cross river,I meant from akamkpa upwards.I have a lists of ladies,I'll soon zero in on one sha
Well, you can have you reasons for choosing to be tribalistic in such matter

List? I can't imagine you in the garb of a ladies man o. I would have placed you in the line of "lucky guy"
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:
I agree with him wholeheartedly on these issue. I suspect he had a hearty meal that led to sweet dream overnight.
Forget what he does most times, deep down, he knows right or wrong, he just defends what favours APC.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

You are getting me angry.I dislike her.that judgment could have gone either way

She's the blessed Mary of the Nigerian courts. It is a cardinal sin to dislike her

You dislike her but adore Tanko the Islamic jurist who flies planes in court. The baloney of Garfield. You're back to your usual self!! angry
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
Forget what he does most times, deep down, he knows right or wrong, he just defends what favours APC.

APC? What is APC? The only APC I know of is armoured personnel carrier.

Anyone who is so emotionally invested in any of those twin devils without getting any financial goodies from it needs to have his health checked!!
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by linearity: 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:
Why will the SC say he does not have standing simply because he signed the law? Buhari signed PIB and then sent a request for amendment to NASS and it was entertained and even passed. Is the SC by this judgement saying that particular PIB is now null and void?
Abeggi!! Tanko and his "brothers" too dey lana.

I also don't agree with you that because Malami is part of the executive, he cannot have standing. Malami does not decide for the President. As a matter of fact, Malami can tell the President to not assent to a bill and the President will choose to do otherwise. Maybe the SC is talking about his office as AG but even if that is the case, his office does not represent the president but the people. So I believe the judgement is faulty.

He does not have standing.

The SC applied what we all know is applicable in any agreement, if you sign an agreement with someone, then discover that certain terms in the agreement are not favorable to you, you can not approach a court and ask them to change the terms you now of all a sudden no longer like.

Your best option is to approach that individual to come to terms with you to renegotiate that agreement.

The Legislators and the President have to ascent to a bill before it becomes law unless the the Legislators can over ride the President's veto if he does not agree.....Having agreed and signed the bill into law and having gone back to the Legislators to renegotiate the bill and failed, he cannot now approach the court to force the Legislator's hands to do his bidding....

That is the message SC is trying to send, they are telling PMB, if you want to change the bill, go talk to the Legislators, renegotiate with them, go sit down on the table with them.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:

You're still disappointing me. Seems you demand a saint of your own people while worshipping the demons of others. Is Buhari perfect? With all his flaws, you have worshipped him for seven years!!
Is Tinubu a saint? Yet he is your next lord and savior. Tell me if Onnoghen has character flaws and iniquities more than this gentlemen yet you're ready to overlook theirs. I guess your stance further butters the point that a man's enemies are those of his household.
What does it matter if Onnoghen is PDP or not? Mary still kicked Bayelsa to APC. APC still lost Zamfara and Rivers. Are you telling me if you have a frontline politician from your ethnic stock but from PDP like Donald Duke, gaining popularity and about to ascend to the highest office, you will stand in his way because he's PDP. Are you really that naïve? undecided

How is Tanko the aeroplane pilot better than Onnoghen? I doubt he commands the respect of his brother judges. That is why I think that letter came out. That is also why they have become more daring. They are all well aware of his intellectual deficit. Moreso, the matter is administrative and not necessarily at the door of NASS. It shows how administratively deficient he is. I also won't rule out corruption with the boldness with which the letter was written. You ought to know those judges are like icebergs.

You have a point in terms of we supporting our kinsmen but the problem is once they get into power,they outplay themselves and become careless and play foolish politics...all onnoghen needed to do was to align with buhari or remain neutral.look at ex SSA obono obla.he was stepping on powerful toes forgetting that he has a forged certificate.he forgot he was a minority and the majority will always sacrifice him.his ugep people warned him to stop but he refused.same for ex HOS Oyo ita...

Sometimes administration doesn't involve much intellect or education but I admit education puts you at an advantage... Look at how David mark managed the senate inspite of limited education,same for adedibu in Oyo..the bad economy has affected supreme court.if you check,it has affected fg and nass too but they have better sources of extra revenue unlike the judiciary
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:

Well, you can have you reasons for choosing to be tribalistic in such matter

List? I can't imagine you in the garb of a ladies man o. I would have placed you in the line of "lucky guy"

Women are moved by what they hear and nowadays funds
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 1:26pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:

She's the blessed Mary of the Nigerian courts. It is a cardinal sin to dislike her

You dislike her but adore Tanko the Islamic jurist who flies planes in court. The baloney of Garfield. You're back to your usual self!! angry

I do not adore tanko.I just prefer him.fergie knows the judge I love,its a she
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:

APC? What is APC? The only APC I know of is armoured personnel carrier.

Anyone who is so emotionally invested in any of those twin devils without getting any financial goodies from it needs to have his health checked!!
And how do you he doesn't or hasn't benefitted from the Party because I know he has.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

I do not adore tanko.I just prefer him.fergie knows the judge I love,its a she
The Lagos woman that sent Emeka packing? cool
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
The Lagos woman that sent Emeka packing? cool
Ohhh,you sabi.is she really a lagosian or like tinubulllll
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
And how do you he doesn't or hasn't benefitted from the Party because I know he has.

He doesnt know that politics is personal interest.if sandy brings dollars,i go fall
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

He doesnt know that politics is personal interest.if sandy brings dollars,i go fall
Hahahaha..anyways that's what the politicians do. Interests! No permanent friend or enemy.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2022
linearity:

He does not have standing.

The SC applied what we all know is applicable in any agreement, if you sign an agreement with someone, then discover that certain terms in the agreement are not favorable to you, you can not approach a court and ask them to change the terms you now of all a sudden no longer like.

Your best option is to approach that individual to come to terms with you to renegotiate that agreement.

The Legislators and the President have to ascent to a bill before it becomes law unless the the Legislators can over ride the President's veto if he does not agree.....Having agreed and signed the bill into law and having gone back to the Legislators to renegotiate the bill and failed, he cannot now approach the court to force the Legislator's hands to do his bidding....

That is the message SC is trying to send, they are telling PMB, if you want to change the bill, go talk to the Legislators, renegotiate with them, go sit down on the table with them.

Your layman argument makes a lot of sense but it is not the position of the ground norm which is the constitution. For example. The constitution expressly forbids entering into agreement with a minor. If you carry out an agreement with a minor, even if the minor entered the agreement willingly, if you use the police to arrest him for breaching the terms of the contract, be aware that the minor can actually approach the courts to void the agreement because it is against the constitution.

What the president is asking the court to do is to interpret the constitution as it concerns 84(12). It does not matter whether he signed it or not. The fact is, the constitution already states clearly that any law that is made in conflict with the constitution is null and void. What the president did by signing while having an agreement with NASS to amend that particular section was a political solution. As a matter of fact, only the SC knows what they are doing presently. The SC is the final interpreter of our laws and it does not matter whether it was signed by the president or not. I strongly suspect they are just throwing tantrums to rob the president in the muds due to some underlying issues. All this talk of the President signed it does not remove from the fact that the law is null and void.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1......I have got a link to the Diri/Degi thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/5688987/full-text-supreme-court-judgement-bayelsa#86678470
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
Hahahaha..anyways that's what the politicians do. Interests! No permanent friend or enemy.

Seriously,labour party dont have any structure in crs.I was offered the ward chairmanship but I rejected. I prefer being secretary
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by 9jahotblog: 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2022
Good ruling from the Supreme Court here
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:
Seriously, Labour Party don't have any structure in crs. I was offered the ward Chairmanship but I rejected. I prefer being Secretary.
You will be shocked they will record more votes in Lagos than Abia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Projects Facilitated By Femi Gbajabiamila / Sheriff And Obasanjo In Closed-Door Meeting / Governor Darius Ishaku's Convoy Had Accident; Policeman Died, 2 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.