Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act (19304 Views)

Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) / PDP Asks US, UK To Impose Visa Ban On Buhari, Malami And Lai Mohammed / Why Adamu Can Remain IGP Till 2023 Or 2024 – Buhari, Malami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

You have a point in terms of we supporting our kinsmen but the problem is once they get into power,they outplay themselves and become careless and play foolish politics...all onnoghen needed to do was to align with buhari or remain neutral.look at ex SSA obono obla.he was stepping on powerful toes forgetting that he has a forged certificate.he forgot he was a minority and the majority will always sacrifice him.his ugep people warned him to stop but he refused.same for ex HOS Oyo ita...

Sometimes administration doesn't involve much intellect or education but I admit education puts you at an advantage... Look at how David mark managed the senate inspite of limited education,same for adedibu in Oyo..the bad economy has affected supreme court.if you check,it has affected fg and nass too but they have better sources of extra revenue unlike the judiciary

Onnoghen and Oyo Ita did not outplay themselves bros. I insist if it was a northern judge, I doubt any southern president can remove him for such flimsy reason without facing the wrath of the north. Same for Oyo-Ita who only did what was right. Next thing they started talking about some phantom contracts when she was perm sec. Was Buhari not also implicated in the PTF scams? Who is clean in our public life?

David Mark managed the senate by making it chop I chop. Besides he was a popular choice for SP unlike Tanko who was forced on the judiciary with his intellectual deficit and administrative incompetence. I don't know what administration Adedibu did in Oyo. Adedibu was just a political strongman and never an administrator. It is not just about economy bros. Tanko is corrupt. Those judges pointed that out in their letter but did so subtly.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

Women are moved by what they hear and nowadays funds

Interesting. Well, be careful what you tell them. They actually hear beyond what you tell them. As for funds, if a woman is driven solely by funds, I suggest you japa.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

I do not adore tanko.I just prefer him.fergie knows the judge I love,its a she

Who is that? Who is better than our Mother Mary. I beg to disagree such exists. She's far admirable than that one that even became first female CJN during Jonathan's time. That one was just another Tanko
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Mickykarim: 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
The legal provision bars political appointees at any level from being a voting delegate or be voted for primary election purposes.

|SOURCE|

IT WAS DEAD ON ARRIVAL ANDI THINK EVERYBODY KNEW IT BUT THE SELF DECIEVING DUO AND ANYONE WHO LIVES IN A BUBBLE.

Turned out to be the most ABSURD legal challenge to the ACTS and POWERS of the legislative chambers.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by seunmsg(m): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

Am not a lawyer oh

Your knowledge of law is better. You should go ahead and study law.

1 Like

Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
And how do you he doesn't or hasn't benefitted from the Party because I know he has.

Good luck to him then. He always claimed not to have benefitted anything from the witch's broom
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Nnaworo(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
The legal provision bars political appointees at any level from being a voting delegate or be voted for primary election purposes.

|SOURCE|
The law is sweet to the body,mind and souls when Judges correctly interprete the law.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by linearity: 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:

Your layman argument makes a lot of sense but it is not the position of the ground norm which is the constitution. For example. The constitution expressly forbids entering into agreement with a minor. If you carry out an agreement with a minor, even if the minor entered the agreement willingly, if you use the police to arrest him for breaching the terms of the contract, be aware that the minor can actually approach the courts to void the agreement because it is against the constitution.

What the president is asking the court to do is to interpret the constitution as it concerns 84(12). It does not matter whether he signed it or not. The fact is, the constitution already states clearly that any law that is made in conflict with the constitution is null and void. What the president did by signing while having an agreement with NASS to amend that particular section was a political solution. As a matter of fact, only the SC knows what they are doing presently. The SC is the final interpreter of our laws and it does not matter whether it was signed by the president or not. I strongly suspect they are just throwing tantrums to rob the president in the muds due to some underlying issues. All this talk of the President signed it does not remove from the fact that the law is null and void.

Yes, one cannot enter into an agreement with a minor, the minor can sue because the law gives the minor standing i.e. they are below the age of consent. The same applies to entering into an agreement to injure yourself or illegal agreements.

Agreed, the constitution clearly stated that NASS cannot make any law that conflicts with the Constitution, but not all Tom Dick and Harry can walk into the Court and sue for any illegal NASS laws...You must first show standing...aka you must first prove that you are injured by that NASS law.

Buhari is an adult, does not belong to any class known to law where injury is established by law and having signed this bill cannot turn around and sue.

But, someone else can sue. A Nigerian citizen who can show that, this law injured them, will be allow to proceed to the merits of the case and wouldn't be dismissed on a technicality like Buhari's.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
seunmsg:

Your knowledge of law is better. You should go ahead and study law.

I will as a second degree once am done with my phd
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:

Onnoghen and Oyo Ita did not outplay themselves bros. I insist if it was a northern judge, I doubt any southern president can remove him for such flimsy reason without facing the wrath of the north. Same for Oyo-Ita who only did what was right. Next thing they started talking about some phantom contracts when she was perm sec. Was Buhari not also implicated in the PTF scams? Who is clean in our public life?

David Mark managed the senate by making it chop I chop. Besides he was a popular choice for SP unlike Tanko who was forced on the judiciary with his intellectual deficit and administrative incompetence. I don't know what administration Adedibu did in Oyo. Adedibu was just a political strongman and never an administrator. It is not just about economy bros. Tanko is corrupt. Those judges pointed that out in their letter but did so subtly.

Did gej not remove JSC Isa salami unjustly? With the removal of onnoghen,the next in rank was tanko.I wonder why you said he was imposed,cjn is not a contest or by democracy.it is by seniority.obj,ty, danjuma,ibb were good administrators..whether you admit it or not,the budget of the supreme court is inadequate....
I smell hypocrisy and double standard.is it today the judiciary started asking for more funds? I remember when this same tanko appealed to hon Luke the judiciary committee chair for more funding.the judiciary even at the state levels have been agitating for more funding.just this year in my state,they protested.how many times have jusun gone on strike na? Why are you now complaining and reading meanings because the apex judges complained? Have you seen the budget of the supreme court and juxtaposed it with running costs? Did you see where he said that the cost of diesel has skyrocketed beyond the budgeted figure yet the registrar still manage to keep the gens running? Is that not fantastic
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:

Who is that? Who is better than our Mother Mary. I beg to disagree such exists. She's far admirable than that one that even became first female CJN during Jonathan's time. That one was just another Tanko

Research about JSC kekere ekun.brave women.the jean d arc of the apex court
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 2:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

Ohhh,you sabi.is she really a lagosian or like tinubulllll
She is pure Lagosian.... Her father was an ex-Lagos City Clerk and was a former Senator. Her mother is the matriarch of the very popular Savage family.

Her father died in 2019, aged 99. Both her parents are from the very very roots of Lagos State.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
She is pure Lagosian.... Her father was an ex-Lagos Senior Civil Servant and was the first Lagos City Mayor. Her mother is the matriarch of the Savage family.

Her father died some a few years ago aged 99. Both her parents are from the very very roots of Lagos State.

Sandy has picked rtd gen Dan archibong son as his running mate.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by seunmsg(m): 2:45pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

I will as a second degree once am done with my phd

Best of luck.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 2:47pm On Jun 24, 2022
seunmsg:

Best of luck.

I am happy with how apc performed in ekiti.i hope they will do same in osun
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

Sandy has picked rtd gen Dan archibong son as his running mate.
He was tipped to be COAS one time when OBJ just became President (I meant his father). Where is he from? Cali?
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Topshow2010(m): 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2022
youngimporter:
I wonder what gave that Abia judge the inspiration to give that judgment

Have u forgotten dt Ndigbo are alwaz d willing tool of confusion dt Northern hegemony usually deployed for their dirty antics.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
He was tipped to be COAS one time when OBJ just became President (I meant his father). Where is he from? Cali?

Dan was the second best governor of crs after esuene...they are from akpabuyo like duke.he was the first to step down for sandy.pdp decided that since the three constituencies in the south have produced gov/deputy,it should start from that axis again.
Anyway,it is another tactical mistake from sandy.Jarvis has no electoral value down south.he should have picked dansuki,ekpo okon or essien ayi.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

Dan was the second best governor of crs after esuene...they are from akpabuyo like duke.he was the first to step down for sandy.pdp decided that since the three constituencies in the south have produced gov/deputy,it should start from that axis again.

Anyway,it is another tactical mistake from sandy.Jarvis has no electoral value down south.he should have picked dansuki,ekpo okon or essien ayi.
I heard Jarvis was replaced due to certificate lapses. A name I think Emana Ambrose-Amawhe ( a former Channels TV broadcaster from the Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar South axis). Just confirm anyways, I am not too sure. There is still room for replacement nonetheless.

Who is Otu's Deputy?
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
I heard Jarvis was replaced due to certificate lapses. A name I think Emana Ambrose-Amawhe ( a former Channels TV broadcaster from the Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar South axis). Just confirm anyways, I am not too sure. There is still room for replacement nonetheless.

Who is Otu's Deputy?

Emana is also unknown.anyone outside dansuki and co is a waste.it is even better he chooses sen jarigbe....

Prince hasn't chosen and of course, he can't.ayade will choose.since prince is from old apc,deputy will be from new apc.it will either be from old ikom or old ogoja division since old obubra and old obudu have senate..I am suspecting Steve odey or hon Chris njar
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by BluntCrazeMan: 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:

|SOURCE|
You said it that time ooo..
And here it is.
It's good they tried to pursue it.
It had now opened our eyes wider.

1 Like

Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

Emana is also unknown.anyone outside dansuki and co is a waste.it is even better he chooses sen jarigbe....

Prince hasn't chosen and of course, he can't.ayade will choose.since prince is from old apc,deputy will be from new apc.it will either be from old ikom or old ogoja division since old obubra and old obudu have senate..I am suspecting Steve odey or hon Chris njar
I know she is unknown ....Why is Ayade not going Central?
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Peacecore: 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

Seriously,labour party dont have any structure in crs.I was offered the ward chairmanship but I rejected. I prefer being secretary
Are u seriously serious?
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2022
fergie001:
I know she is unknown ....Why is Ayade not going Central?

I didnt say he was going north.I said he is looking at central or north.old ikom is still central and Chris njar is still from etung.but his favourite is Steven odey.he feels he owes him a lot after the senate loss plus his ward has the highest voters plus yala is big.it will also injure jarigbe politically.he doesnt have much trusted allies.Mary ekpere is another contender from ikom but not a loyalist.hon hillary besong from boki will deny him huge votes.personally,I'll prefer central since ayade will deliver the north.someone from sane old ikom like sandy that will fight him within or someone from obubra axis to restrict him.Barr Tina agbor can galvanize the women.maybe he wants odey to make the north more surer and to monitor prince
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by seunmsg(m): 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

I am happy with how apc performed in ekiti.i hope they will do same in osun

I hope so too.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by guychidile: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2022
Good judgement delivery .,this is how judgements should be in always.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
linearity:

Yes, one cannot enter into an agreement with a minor, the minor can sue because the law gives the minor standing i.e. they are below the age of consent. The same applies to entering into an agreement to injure yourself or illegal agreements.

Agreed, the constitution clearly stated that NASS cannot make any law that conflicts with the Constitution, but not all Tom Dick and Harry can walk into the Court and sue for any illegal NASS laws...You must first show standing...aka you must first prove that you are injured by that NASS law.

Buhari is an adult, does not belong to any class known to law where injury is established by law and having signed this bill cannot turn around and sue.

But, someone else can sue. A Nigerian citizen who can show that, this law injured them, will be allow to proceed to the merits of the case and wouldn't be dismissed on a technicality like Buhari's.

Buhari is not a Tom Dick and Harry neither is the AGF. They are both custodians and enforcers of our law and have locus to request for interpretations of constitution matter from the SC at any time. This SC is simply throwing tantrums
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

Did gej not remove JSC Isa salami unjustly? With the removal of onnoghen,the next in rank was tanko.I wonder why you said he was imposed,cjn is not a contest or by democracy.it is by seniority.obj,ty, danjuma,ibb were good administrators..whether you admit it or not,the budget of the supreme court is inadequate....
I smell hypocrisy and double standard.is it today the judiciary started asking for more funds? I remember when this same tanko appealed to hon Luke the judiciary committee chair for more funding.the judiciary even at the state levels have been agitating for more funding.just this year in my state,they protested.how many times have jusun gone on strike na? Why are you now complaining and reading meanings because the apex judges complained? Have you seen the budget of the supreme court and juxtaposed it with running costs? Did you see where he said that the cost of diesel has skyrocketed beyond the budgeted figure yet the registrar still manage to keep the gens running? Is that not fantastic
How did GEJ remove Isa Salami unjustly? His suspension was recommended by NJC the appropriate body.
Who said they are not good administrators?
The judges are saying they are being denied provision of basic amenities and you're here praising the registrar for keeping the gen running. Are you another Tanko? Make them off am!! CJN no dey use gen for him house? Or can he swear he's the one fuelling the gen he uses in his house by himself?
Tanko has misappropriated the funds of SC. And he is being tight-fisted towards his fellow jurist. That's what the judges are pointing at
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by Ojuntana: 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:

Research about JSC kekere ekun.brave women.the jean d arc of the apex court

Kekere-Ekun. Same one who gave judgment upholding hijab in public schools. Mtcheeew
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:

Kekere-Ekun. Same one who gave judgment upholding hijab in public schools. Mtcheeew

It was a majority judgment.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by garfield1: 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ojuntana:

How did GEJ remove Isa Salami unjustly? His suspension was recommended by NJC the appropriate body.
Who said they are not good administrators?
The judges are saying they are being denied provision of basic amenities and you're here praising the registrar for keeping the gen running. Are you another Tanko? Make them off am!! CJN no dey use gen for him house? Or can he swear he's the one fuelling the gen he uses in his house by himself?
Tanko has misappropriated the funds of SC. And he is being tight-fisted towards his fellow jurist. That's what the judges are pointing at

Oga the money is too small to go round by cash or through projects.same njc recommended onnoghen retirement na.but in salami case,same njc later recommended his reinstatement.
Re: S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act by fergie001: 4:13pm On Jun 24, 2022
garfield1:
I didnt say he was going north.I said he is looking at central or north.old ikom is still central and Chris njar is still from etung.but his favourite is Steven odey.he feels he owes him a lot after the senate loss plus his ward has the highest voters plus yala is big.it will also injure jarigbe politically.he doesnt have much trusted allies.Mary ekpere is another contender from ikom but not a loyalist.hon hillary besong from boki will deny him huge votes.personally,I'll prefer central since ayade will deliver the north.someone from sane old ikom like sandy that will fight him within or someone from obubra axis to restrict him.Barr Tina agbor can galvanize the women.maybe he wants odey to make the north more surer and to monitor prince
Hmmmm.......Politricks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Altercation Between Doyin Okupe's Lawyer And Security Operatives (Video) / Tradermoni Set To Begin N15,000 Disbursements As More Beneficiaries Pay Back / Abule Egba Pipeline Explosion: Sanwo-Olu Condolence Message To Families, Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.