Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (684599 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 8:00am On Sep 12, 2022
Hello guys I heard and observed applying for college associates degree in USA always have high denial rate, but what of Colleges that offer bachelor's degree are they well recognized by embassy to grant visas?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by funmikay: 10:23am On Sep 12, 2022
Good morning all,

I am new here and i have been reading through all the pages. please i remember someone once asked about including a child of US citizenship as a dependent on the i-20.
I cannot remember the response the lady got. Can someone please confirm if it is necessary?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mcclintzwallace: 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2022
krcboy:

lol how is applying to one school a red flag? what if its your dream school? its either that school or nothing

Lmao. How can someone's dream school be a community college bro. What about those that applied to only one school which is a community college. How do you expect them to sell to the VO that the community college is their dream school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mcclintzwallace: 5:42pm On Sep 12, 2022
ghettonews:
Hello guys I heard and observed applying for college associates degree in USA always have high denial rate, but what of Colleges that offer bachelor's degree are they well recognized by embassy to grant visas?

Community College i20 has high denial chances if and only if You already have a bsc . It doesn't make sense to have a bsc and want to apply to the USA for a lower degree which is an Associate Degree

If you are an undergraduate without any bsc and you are applying to a community college, you stand a chance of being accepted if you can convince the VO that you plan to convert your Associate Degree to a Bachelors

Secondly if you already have a bsc but you are still applying to a community college, it should be to a program that is different from your bsc. But however be ready to convince the VO why you are switching career paths. And offcourse you have to convince the VO that you plan to use the Associate degree and convert it to a Bachelor’s or that you plan to use the Associate degree as a substitute to a post graduate diploma which will help you do a masters in the new career path you want to chase

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
[quote author=mcclintzwallace post=116599041]

to quote]
Thanks very much to ur advice, one school that accepted said I should tell my sch to send my high transcript to the college address but I mistakenly collected it from then.
Should I use my school address to send it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by obajoey(m): 7:35pm On Sep 12, 2022
Pls is San Francisco Bay University, CA, a good school?

@faintheart

@Moshkom

Pls help me pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Brainner(m): 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
You don't have to lose hope because the question MIGHT not even come up during your interview. I applied to just one school in the US, I was accepted and the rest is history as they say...
Olunchukwu:

Thank you because I was already loosing hope I applied to my dream school which I got accepted at. But a friend said I will not be approved because I applied to one school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by toluene23(f): 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
Kindly advice me guys
What is the chance of getting VISA for processing a first degree Programme with full Funding at Mid 30s.

I just wanna push all buttons
BSc and Msc anyone that works out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by nams77: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nozino:

Hello ma.

I’m not an expert o. But saying you’re staying with your Husband for 5years is a big red flag especially when you mentioned that your husband’s PhD is 6years!!! 6 kini ? Most department advise PhD students to finish their program between 4/5years after which they won’t support the student again(please research this)

Finally your answer to who’s sponsoring your trip should have been something different. Maybe say you if you can afford it considering your salary. But your husband’s GTA covers only him and I’m not sure he can even save from it.

I believe the problem here is the length you want to stay in the US with 2kids on a very lean budget. It honestly doesn’t make sense to me.
Sorry, I'm new here and I'm reading up. I have a question pls. can the Husband be allowed to work aside the GTA?
Secondly, I was advised by a friend not to apply to U.S universities because getting visa is not certain even when you get admitted. Pls is this true?
Pls anyone with info can still help. I'm still learning.
@, smellymouth. Your story was quite hilarious

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moshkom(m): 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2022
obajoey:

@faintheart

@Moshkom

Pls help me pls

Yeah Yeah.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2022
nams77:

Sorry, I'm new here and I'm reading up. I have a question pls. can the Husband be allowed to work aside the GTA?
Secondly, I was advised by a friend not to apply to U.S universities because getting visa is not certain even when you get admitted. Pls is this true?
Pls anyone with info can still help. I'm still learning.
@, smellymouth. Your story was quite hilarious

No. It’s usually in your award letter.

Besides if you’re on a PhD, you will be spending more than 20hrs on your research. You won’t have time to work.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by nams77: 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nozino:

No. It’s usually in your award letter.

Besides if you’re on a PhD, you will be spending more than 20hrs on your research. You won’t have time to work.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 2:13am On Sep 13, 2022
krcboy:

lol how is applying to one school a red flag? what if its your dream school? its either that school or nothing

Because that is silly and not a mature way of pursuing an education. Clearly not a bona fide student.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmanuelle27: 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2022
uist:
Hello everyone,

Please I need help with my question, can someone apply for F1 visa from the UK?

My friend is a registered nurse in the UK, and recently got masters admission in MPH for spring 2023.

Self sponsored, can he apply for F1 from the UK?
How do he show ties and convince the visa officer that he will come back to Nigeria or to the UK?
Did he have any chances of getting the visa from the UK or does he need to come to Nigeria to apply for the f1 visa.
Please help.
Nursing in UK is a big job so I personally think this person has more ties to the UK than Nigeria as it stands now, what type of Visa/permit does the person have, you should be returning to the UK after ur studies so it's safe to apply from UK, go with ur residence permit, pay stubs and any other information that'll show ur ties to the UK, since you're self funding make sure u have A LOT of MONEY, this is my subjective opinion, VO's might think otherwise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by uist: 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2022
Thanks for your contribution, my friend has a work visa and he has only be in the UK for 8 months. He has a sister in Canada who will also co sponsor, because he is on a work Visa in the Uk, I thought maybe it will be wise for him to come to Nigeria to apply for the F1 visa. Can I get appoint in Nigeria, his program starts Jan 3 2023
emmanuelle27:
Nursing in UK is a big job so I personally think this person has more ties to the UK than Nigeria as it stands now, what type of Visa/permit does the person have, you should be returning to the UK after ur studies so it's safe to apply from UK, go with ur residence permit, pay stubs and any other information that'll show ur ties to the UK, since you're self funding make sure u have A LOT of MONEY, this is my subjective opinion, VO's might think otherwise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VictorUSA(m): 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2022
funmikay:

Good morning all,

I am new here and i have been reading through all the pages. please i remember someone once asked about including a child of US citizenship as a dependent on the i-20.
I cannot remember the response the lady got. Can someone please confirm if it is necessary?

Thanks.
When the dependent is a US citizen, you don't add them on the form i20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VictorUSA(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2022
obajoey:

@faintheart

@Moshkom

Pls help me pls
Very good school. One of my friend is there.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FineDragon(m): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
Where u hear am
ghettonews:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Godhasdoneitalr: 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2022
Please guys I need help. Someone should please add me to Lagos date search WhatsApp group.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ednut91(m): 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
Godhasdoneitalr:
Please guys I need help. Someone should please add me to Lagos date search WhatsApp group.

Thanks

Pls, I would love to be added too. 07069496262
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CuteBC: 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
Hello guys,
Please, I will be going for my interview very soon and I need your help on how to convince the VO of my intent of coming back to Nigeria.
Please I need your response. Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigMel: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2022
ednut91:

Pls, I would love to be added too. 07069496262

Me too please. 08072455240
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigMel: 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
Shannon70:

Because that is silly and not a mature way of pursuing an education. Clearly not a bona fide student.

Good day @shannon70, can I please be added to a group where I can take a mock exam. I’d be having my f1 interview soon and I need help in preparing for it���
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Letsgetit: 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2022
Good to be back on this thread. It was instrumental when I got my visa 4yrs ago. If anyone got their visa already and schooling/moving to TX (Texas) you can hit me up. I'm in Dallas and willing to help with OT/info and make connections

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by burgessdon(m): 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
Good evening.l have an urgent issue to resolve.my sister went to bank to pay for her visa fee today.i told her to purchase M-1 class( because her i20 is M-1)but she said the person that attended to her asked her to go for F-2 instead.pls,I just want to know whether we are on the right track....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CreativeWeb(m): 6:03pm On Sep 13, 2022
burgessdon:
Good evening.l have an urgent issue to resolve.my sister went to bank to pay for her visa fee today.i told her to purchase M-1 class( because her i20 is M-1)but she said the person that attended to her asked her to go for F-2 instead.pls,I just want to know whether we are on the right track....

How can you have M1 on your i20 and pay for F2 visa? Both are not the same.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olunchukwu(f): 6:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
Brainner:
You don't have to lose hope because the question MIGHT not even come up during your interview. I applied to just one school in the US, I was accepted and the rest is history as they say...

Okay thank you for everything �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2022
BigMel:

Good day @shannon70, can I please be added to a group where I can take a mock exam. I’d be having my f1 interview soon and I need help in preparing for it���

Send me a message.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Immunity04: 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2022
Please my people, I have been following this thread for a while now and I will appreciate if someone will give me a detailed answer to my questions.
I'm a graduate of History And International Studies with a CGPA of 3.98/4.00 and I'm currently undergoing my compulsory one year Nysc!
How possible will it be for me to obtain either partial or full funding on MA programs related to my course?

Considering that my course isn't among the STEM, how possible will it be for me to obtain a good job with the post study visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Okunyadefav(m): 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Talata24: 1:02am On Sep 14, 2022
Immunity04:
Please my people, I have been following this thread for a while now and I will appreciate if someone will give me a detailed answer to my questions.
I'm a graduate of History And International Studies with a CGPA of 3.98/4.00 and I'm currently undergoing my compulsory one year Nysc!
How possible will it be for me to obtain either partial or full funding on MA programs related to my course?

Considering that my course isn't among the STEM, how possible will it be for me to obtain a good job with the post study visa?

What specific MA programs are you interested in? You don’t have to get a masters in your undergraduate studies
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Brainner(m): 2:12am On Sep 14, 2022
Anyone knows how I can change my email address here? Each time I tried to click on the change email on my profile, I'm automatically logged out of my account. Any help...

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (533) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: KarisNech, abdulrazat(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.