Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,287 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (680968 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bonike89(f): 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2022
Good day everyone. I’m new here.
I just finished my LLB (Bachelors of Laws) and I would like to go for LLM (Master of Laws) in America. Please what exams do I have to write to further my studies? Your replies would be really appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Helkayklassic(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2022
Wow. I hope the US consulate in Lagos won’t follow suit.

justwise:
@All

Appointment booked between October 24th-28 has been cancelled, applicants received a message like this:

Dear Applicant,

The US Embassy in Abuja regrets to inform you that all appointments scheduled between Oct 24- Oct 28 have been canceled. Affected applicants were notified by email and SMS. The Embassy will reach out to affected applicants with further information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I think it has to do with this publication

https://ng.usembassy.gov/security-notice-elevated-risk-of-terror-attacks/
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by alphabbey1(m): 11:50pm On Oct 23, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
I think my eyes are hitching me. Someone should pls help me out. Naija don show us shege. It has finished.

Btw, i give your friend(you) 10 years at Max in that USA and come back to read your post.

USA is not Naija where there will be epileptic power supply and lack of other basic amenities that may affect your studies. Having your kids around you is not a nuisance but to even makes one to focus very well if the kids are yours and you love them.
You hardly see anyone moving to US and pack family along... They go first, then family follows later....
US goverment take kids upbringing very serious. You have to give them 100% attention and care. Any carelessness noticed from you can cause your deportation...
If you are still yet to find your feet, its best to leave your children in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Myfavour22: 2:04am On Oct 24, 2022
Moshkom:

You would definitely need your passport for the exam.
You should try schedule the exam before your passport expires or after your passport collection. Also try to fasten your passport collection.

Luck Champ!

Is passport compulsory for SAT too or one can use national id? My baby sis is writing in December
Also can i pm for toefl materials?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Themaths(m): 4:38am On Oct 24, 2022
It is saddening to read the posts by prospective students that their ETS accounts have some charge backs and results withheld.

The thing is, people no dey hear word. This was the same thing that happened with GRE (three of my close friend's results were withheld and accounts charged). If you patronize anyone offering you subsidized rates for these tests, you will be putting yourself and your profile at risk. DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM SUBSIDIZED standard tests fees this period. A word they say is enough.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer1401: 6:16am On Oct 24, 2022
Well OP didnt state if he is a single father or not. He only states that he has families and kids.

Let me ask you, If the mother of the kids are going along with the kids, isn't that better?

I am genuinely asking this question because I am planning to apply for F2 for my family if i get funding. Btw, in Nairaland here recently, there are more F2 visa refusals when they wanted to join primary applicant than when all of them (F1 and F2) apply together. Why is this happening?

alphabbey1:

You hardly see anyone moving to US and pack family along... They go first, then family follows later....
US goverment take kids upbringing very serious. You have to give them 100% attention and care. Any carelessness noticed from you can cause your deportation...
If you are still yet to find your feet, its best to leave your children in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 8:17am On Oct 24, 2022
Myfavour22:

Is passport compulsory for SAT too or one can use national id? My baby sis is writing in December
Your passport is necessary for the SAT.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Qubratshalewa(f): 11:58am On Oct 24, 2022
As I was reading this post, I just felt someone. Why would you think of such to ur wife and kids because of a journey which you don't knw where it will lead. Telling your wife to look for another husband because you r going abroad, u want to shatter her whole life because you think that's the best for you. Do you even knw if all this worked out for you because of the wife and children grace. At least let be human, if they can follow you it's fine, we have seen plenty people of such but you should not run away from your responsibility. Were u forced to marry her? Or you don't love her before. Think twice about any decision you want to take, no one knows tomorrow.
A friend of mine got PhD offer in the US. He has families and 2 kids. Since these kids will probably constitute nuisance and won't allow him to focus on his studies, can he forget about his family in Nigeria and tell his wife to find another husband? Going to the US is a big achievement and nothin should come in the way of that. Most times, it's better to forget about your parents in Nigeria and move anyways. That way you won't get bogged down with their issues while trying to figure your life abroad

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rolakeo(f): 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hello all,
Good to be here. Please is there anyone that was refused in less than six months that got another appointment and was interviewed. I was refused in July at the Lagos consulate and would like to go again for spring.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olayemi99: 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2022
good afternoon.
please can one get an f1 visa with an admission that is not funded. my husband work in the usa and will be funding my studies. what are my chances of getting a f1 visa. please reply me o. I am begging you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moshkom(m): 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2022
Myfavour22:

“The person would need to tender in a passport for identification…since it’s international because the SAT exam body is international and not connected to national Govt checksystem the NIN is invalid“

Yeah, you can DM/PM me for Toefl and/or GRE materials.

Luck!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bigsecret(f): 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2022

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bonike89(f): 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
If you had your LLM in America, your suggestions/ideas would be highly appreciated.
Bonike89:
Good day everyone. I’m new here.
I just finished my LLB (Bachelors of Laws) and I would like to go for LLM (Master of Laws) in America. Please what exams do I have to write to further my studies? Your replies would be really appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Godson1993: 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
Richdee1:
Good Day, please where can I begin from? How to search for schools and also how to apply to schools
I'm looking to study quantity surveying Msc, any heads up?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ikeolafarm: 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
If you husband:

1. Got to the US legally.
2. Stayed back in the US legally
3. Is working in the US legally.

I don't think you should have problem.

Olayemi99:
good afternoon.
please can one get an f1 visa with an admission that is not funded. my husband work in the usa and will be funding my studies. what are my chances of getting a f1 visa. please reply me o. I am begging you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by akinpelu746: 12:02am On Oct 25, 2022
Hello all,
I want to register for toefl exam. Pls who knows someone that can help with the registration.

Also, I need materials for preparation.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Legit215(m): 12:19am On Oct 25, 2022
Please who sent NECO results to WES what’s the process like.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by korexes(f): 12:59am On Oct 25, 2022
To aid funding opportunities write the ielts exam and apply to schools.
Good luck
Bonike89:
If you had your LLM in America, your suggestions/ideas would be highly appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Duisburg: 2:28am On Oct 25, 2022
Anyone got dollar to sell at a very good rate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sun1shyne: 6:59am On Oct 25, 2022
Good morning family. Please I have a serious concern.

My SEVIS fee expired in May 2022 and while I was about to renew it about a month ago, I discovered that my status still reads paid.

So I contacted fmjfee.sevis....... customer care and I was told that I didn't need to make another payment, since I was maintaining the same school and same SEVIS ID.

Now, I am preparing for my interview, but someone is telling me that it's not true, that I would need to make another payment despite seeing "paid" on my status.

Please, who can relate to this and how valid is it?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LettieM: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2022
Good morning, please I’m trying to fill my DS -160 form for my f1 visa and they requested for my passport details, my current passport is expiring in January and I’m in the process of getting a new passport, I’ve done capture and everything, waiting for pickup which is delaying. Can I put the information of my current passport, while I wait for the new one which I’ll take to my interview??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Esywrite: 11:16am On Oct 25, 2022
Legit215:
Please who sent NECO results to WES what’s the process like.
Thanks

Sending documents to WES is the same process: Neco, transcript, or other documents.

Follow this step by step guide here to do that:
https://pay4me.app/blog/111/how-to-apply-for-wes-evaluation-a-step-by-step-guide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Agbeni33: 11:16am On Oct 25, 2022
@ shalom,moshkom, Nigpatriot

Hello everyone. I just got admission into Seattle uni. I sent email to my program director for graduate assistantship. The screenshot below show his response.

Please what kind of convincing reply can I give?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by holluville: 11:28am On Oct 25, 2022
LettieM:
Good morning, please I’m trying to fill my DS -160 form for my f1 visa and they requested for my passport details, my current passport is expiring in January and I’m in the process of getting a new passport, I’ve done capture and everything, waiting for pickup which is delaying. Can I put the information of my current passport, while I wait for the new one which I’ll take to my interview??

I'll advise you get the new passport details before filling the DS form.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by steep865: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
Sun1shyne:
Good morning family. Please I have a serious concern.

My SEVIS fee expired in May 2022 and while I was about to renew it about a month ago, I discovered that my status still reads paid.

So I contacted fmjfee.sevis....... customer care and I was told that I didn't need to make another payment, since I was maintaining the same school and same SEVIS ID.

Now, I am preparing for my interview, but someone is telling me that it's not true, that I would need to make another payment despite seeing "paid" on my status.

Please, who can relate to this and how valid is it?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

https://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/faq

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by pgal4christ(f): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2022
Please I want to know how to go about the ielts exam.where to register, how long does it take,etc. Anticipating your response ma'am

korexes:
To aid funding opportunities write the ielts exam and apply to schools.
Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: Prinxly, Ola2money, sunspartech, deewhydoski(m), Instructor001(m), Dips04 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.