Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (683226 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LawyerBB: 8:19am On Dec 31, 2022
Good morning everyone, please can I get a reply. Someone who has a conference to attend to in August 2023 and books for an appointment in April, is it too early?
People asked her to re schedule to a month close to August, if not they may not grant her the visa based on the fact that it is too early.
Please we are novice on this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kingju: 9:41am On Dec 31, 2022
TWoods:

There you go.

Mr Oversabi, are you sure you don't have issue with comprehension??

What you highlighted, did you see anywhere I said someone should help me to apply?

What is wrong in me asking for a list of possible schools I could apply to? Direct me if you can, if you can't, stay off my mention before I give you wetin you dey look for.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kingju: 11:43am On Dec 31, 2022
rextonMD:
My Transcript!!!
29th December 2023
First Attempt
COURSE: Nursing
COA: 33,000
FUNDING: NIL
SCHOOL: Houston Comm College
Lagos Consulate
Window 3 (middle-aged woman with beautiful green eyes like mine)

VO: Next person, please, after denying 5 people who went to her.
Me: Good morning officer, how was your Yuletide break.

VO: Blank stare without response.
VO: Pass me your documents
Me: Passed them with my study leave letter

Looks at study leave, types into her system and faces me.

VO: You have lovely eyes
Me: Thank you officer

VO: So why are you going to this school?
Me: Officer, please I'd like to make a few remarks before we begin.

VO: Don't make any remarks, I'll be the one asking the questions, all you need to do is answer.
Me: Okay officer, that's fine (frowning)

VO: So why are you going to this college?
Me: I'm aware I have quite a bit of an unusual situation, i'm going for a degree in nursing even tho I already have a bachelors degree, but I'm going for this program in this College to get some really specific knowledge and hands-on practical training that I can't get here in Nigeria to enable me transfer to the University of Houston for a Professional Dual Masters degree in Public Health Nursing with a concentration in Epidemiology, I have full funding from the school but will need to meet some requirements before I can transfer.

VO: Ohh you have an admission from the UofH
Me: Yes officer, I do?

VO: How did you hear about this school?
Me: My ex supervisor at the WHO recommended the school to me as he is an Alumna of the school.

VO: So how many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 3 schools (mentions them), but I chose this college because they accepted to waive courses I had taken in my undergraduate degree program, and I was directly admitted into the Nursing program, this translates into completing the program in a shorter time.

VO: What do you currently do for work?
Me: I currently work with the WHO and National Hospital in Abuja as a Medical Officer, where alongside my colleagues, we provide holistic and therapeutic care and management to cancer patients, sickle cell disease patients and Haemophilia patients. As a rep from the WHO, I collaborate with UNICEF and USAIDS and UKAIDS to collate and analyze data of individuals from underrepresented communities and IDP camps across Nigeria and West Africa especially victims of Endemic diseases like HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Typhoid, and Hepatitis as well as victims of gender abuse and domestic violence, where we set up point referral systems to mapped out facilities to access health care (Cuts in), she was looking at my DS while I spoke.

VO: So how will you be covering this deficit.
Me: My father was required to demonstrate his ability to fund my studies before my I20 was issued, he's a medical doctor who lives in his own house and has a medical facility here in lagos, like me he also works with the WHO. He's also a serial entrepreneur and owns xyz investment limited, with my mum as the company's director, it's more of a family business. I'm not quite sure how many workers they have at the company but I think about 22 as the company is fully automated and don't require so many workers. Combined, they make an annual income of 310million, I'm not sure if this is the revenue every year but for their last Fiscal Year they made this amount. I also have a study leave that provides me 65% of my...(cuts me).

VO: Whats your post study plan?
Me: I completely blanked out, i mean we kept looking at each other for over 20 or so seconds (at this point i just kept praying in my mind).

VO: What will this program do for you?
ME: Well quite a lot, first I'll be coming back to Nigeria to work as a Clinical Associate with the WHO and USAID, this position will see me jump on-board the ongoing Typhoid vaccine introduction in Nigeria, we're currently at the data gathering stage of the project to assess and analyze the burden of the disease in Nigeria. Furthermore, this career path for me is a double edged sword as I could decide to focus either on Public Health challenges or on health care delivery systems bordering around Nursing or even both. This path also projects me towards managing my father's medical facility in future should he retire.

VO: Looking into my eyes, so you speak all these languages, thats a lot (smiling)?
Me: Yes officer I do (smiling back)?

VO: Avez-vous trouvé une petite amie ivoirienne en Côte d'Ivoire (smiling)?
Me: Je l'ai fait, mais elle s'est mariée avec quelqu'un d'autre à cause de la distance (laughing)

VO: You also seem to have a very nice LinkedIn profile and online presence (looking at her screen), I'll be approving your visa, take this white paper, it'll show you how to get your passport.
Me: Merci beaucoup mademoiselle, bonne fin de journée

VO: Au revoir.

I've been a silent member on this forum, but, many thanks to every single person who contributed to my success, God bless you guys abundantly. And I sincerely hope those awaiting a decision on their application, get a favourable response.

Your responses where good, plus most of the replies you gave where not the normal band answers a lot of folks cram and return back to the VO. Congrats

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kingju: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2022
Nozino:

For cases like this, it’s best to complete the bachelor’s degree In Nigeria or focus on the UK.

Thanks Bro, I have admission from some of the UK schools just that my focus was initially for Germany or USA... Still trying though...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kingju:

What you highlighted, did you see anywhere I said someone should help me to apply?

What is wrong in me asking for a list of possible schools I could apply to? Direct me if you can, if you can't, stay off my mention before I give you wetin you dey look for.
Cos you want to be spoon-fed. If you follow the thread, you will see what people have done… and still doing.. just copy and replicate. Aint nobody got time to send you any list. What is Google for??

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2022
holluville:

Hello. Have you the link to the mock session?

Also, should the DS- 160 confirmation page and appointment confirmation be printed in coloured or black and white?

Lastly, any need to sign the i-20 before printing or just leave it as it was sent .

Thanks

Sorry, I am just seeing this.
Have you found one? Or have you gone for your interview? How was it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
Congratulations
Your transcript and profile please so others can learn too just like you did.
That's the way to keep this thread alife.

rextonMD:
My Visa was approved at the US consulate in Lagos yesterday. I want to thank everyone on this platform who shared their transcript, as well as their contributions on this forum. Thank you so much guys. And for those yet to get their visa, I pray that my story becomes yours, and that Jehovah sees you guys through your interview and grants you success.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kingju: 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2022
BigIyanga:

Cos you want to be spoon-fed. If you follow the thread, you will see what people have done… and still doing.. just copy and replicate. Aint nobody got time to send you any list. What is Google for??

Let me tell you what your problem is, you read what I wrote, you assumed you understood it, you bandly jumped to type rubbish instead of reading and truly understanding what I wrote.

People like you usually try to sound smart but in trying to sound smart you end up showing your lack of knowledge and understanding...

Assuming others decided to reason the way you reason, do you think this thread would still be alive??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2022
That is a solid profile.
Congratulations you deserve.
rextonMD:
My Transcript!!!
29th December 2023
First Attempt
Lagos Consulate

VO: Don't make any remarks, I'll be the one asking the questions, all you need to do is answer.

Me: I'm aware I have quite a bit of an unusual situation, i'm going for a degree in nursing even tho I already have a bachelors degree, but I'm going for this program in this College to get some really specific knowledge and hands-on practical training that I can't get here in Nigeria to enable me transfer to the University of Houston for a Professional Dual Masters degree in Public Health Nursing with a concentration in Epidemiology, I have full funding from the school but will need to meet some requirements before I can transfer.

Me: My ex supervisor at the WHO recommended the school to me as he is an Alumna of the school.

Me: I applied to 3 schools (mentions them), but I chose this college because they accepted to waive courses I had taken in my undergraduate degree program, and I was directly admitted into the Nursing program, this translates into completing the program in a shorter time.

Me: I currently work with the WHO and National Hospital in Abuja as a Medical Officer, where alongside my colleagues, we provide holistic and therapeutic care and management to cancer patients, sickle cell disease patients and Haemophilia patients. As a rep from the WHO, I collaborate with UNICEF and USAIDS and UKAIDS to collate and analyze data of individuals from underrepresented communities and IDP camps across Nigeria and West Africa especially victims of Endemic diseases like HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Typhoid, and Hepatitis as well as victims of gender abuse and domestic violence, where we set up point referral systems to mapped out facilities to access health care (Cuts in), she was looking at my DS while I spoke.

Me: My father was required to demonstrate his ability to fund my studies before my I20 was issued, he's a medical doctor who lives in his own house and has a medical facility here in lagos, like me he also works with the WHO. He's also a serial entrepreneur and owns xyz investment limited, with my mum as the company's director, it's more of a family business. I'm not quite sure how many workers they have at the company but I think about 22 as the company is fully automated and don't require so many workers. Combined, they make an annual income of 310million, I'm not sure if this is the revenue every year but for their last Fiscal Year they made this amount. I also have a study leave that provides me 65% of my...(cuts me).

Me: I completely blanked out, i mean we kept looking at each other for over 20 or so seconds (at this point i just kept praying in my mind).

ME: Well quite a lot, first I'll be coming back to Nigeria to work as a Clinical Associate with the WHO and USAID, this position will see me jump on-board the ongoing Typhoid vaccine introduction in Nigeria, we're currently at the data gathering stage of the project to assess and analyze the burden of the disease in Nigeria. Furthermore, this career path for me is a double edged sword as I could decide to focus either on Public Health challenges or on health care delivery systems bordering around Nursing or even both. This path also projects me towards managing my father's medical facility in future should he retire.

VO: Looking into my eyes, so you speak all these languages, thats a lot (smiling)?

Me: Je l'ai fait, mais elle s'est mariée avec quelqu'un d'autre à cause de la distance (laughing)

VO: You also seem to have a very nice LinkedIn profile and online presence (looking at her screen), I'll be approving your visa, take this white paper, it'll show you how to get your passport.

I've been a silent member on this forum, but, many thanks to every single person who contributed to my success, God bless you guys abundantly. And I sincerely hope those awaiting a decision on their application, get a favourable response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:42pm On Dec 31, 2022
Sorry he talked to you like that,
Here you go list of schools in USA
www.usegoogle.com

Kingju:

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kingju:

Let me tell you what your problem is, you read what I wrote, you assumed you understood it, you bandly jumped to type rubbish instead of reading and truly understanding what I wrote.

People like you usually try to sound smart but in trying to sound smart you end up showing your lack of knowledge and understanding...

Assuming others decided to reason the way you reason, do you think this thread would still be alive??
You're looking for someone to do the work for you. Nobody can save you but you. Keep looking for a fight. You have so much energy in hitting reply button… but you cant research a list of schools that can offer u admission. Your journey is too long. You’re expending your energy on a wrong fight. Go play somewhere cos I’m busy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kingju:

Oya it's ok. There's no rush to this thing. Take a good 3 months to do your own research online and get to understand this process.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kingju: 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2022
BigIyanga:

You're looking for someone to do the work for you. Nobody can save you but you. Keep looking for a fight. You have so much energy in hitting reply button… but you cant research a list of schools that can offer u admission. Your journey is too long. You’re expending your energy on a wrong fight. Go play somewhere cos I’m busy

If I was looking for someone to do the work for me, I would have asked for an agent to do it for me, I asked a question instead of answering the question you jumped into conclusion saying someone like me would leave school if I was granted visa. Have you seen me before or do you know what I'm after. Don't make silly comments at people and then when hit back with the same energy you gave, you play the victim.

If you come wrongly at me, I would come wrongly at you it's that simple.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kingju: 2:36pm On Dec 31, 2022
Najdorf:

Oya it's ok. There's no rush to this thing. Take a good 3 months to do your own research online and get to understand this process.

Thanks Bro, I get you, I just hate when people try to play god.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by pufframmy: 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2022
Very Interesting,
Congratulation, U use Your French Kill THE VO lol

rextonMD:
My Transcript!!!
29th December 2023
First Attempt
Lagos Consulate

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kingju:

If I was looking for someone to do the work for me, I would have asked for an agent to do it for me, I asked a question instead of answering the question you jumped into conclusion saying someone like me would leave school if I was granted visa. Have you seen me before or do you know what I'm after. Don't make silly comments at people and then when hit back with the same energy you gave, you play the victim.

If you come wrongly at me, I would come wrongly at you it's that simple.
You could have used this time to compose and send an enquiry letter to schools of your interest. I dont have to smother you with sweet response cos I’m not your therapist.
Sounding like an arrogant novice, using an agent for F1 will ruin ur chances. Try it and come tell us about ur expriences

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Terry27: 5:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
Good morning, I would recommend even booking an appointment in January if you plan to go August because there are very few available dates. For example in Abuja the closest appointment date for F1 Visa right now is November 2023. The race to get an interview appointment is so difficult and you can barely get a close date. However, I know they may not let you into the country till it’s close to your conference date. So don’t book a flight till maybe July or even August.

LawyerBB:
Good morning everyone, please can I get a reply. Someone who has a conference to attend to in August 2023 and books for an appointment in April, is it too early?
People asked her to re schedule to a month close to August, if not they may not grant her the visa based on the fact that it is too early.
Please we are novice on this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Terry27: 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
Funny babe grin

chibertha:
Sorry he talked to you like that,
Here you go list of schools in USA
www.usegoogle.com

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Terry27: 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2022
I guess it depends on how you sell yourself and your current career path. If you have been working in a computer field even without a Bsc, you can work on convincing the VO that you want to officially get a Bsc in this field and maybe an advanced degree because it aligns with your future ambition.

Be prepared for the tough questions and use google to find schools.

As for transfer, we don’t know what classes you completed and if the school you end up choosing will allow you transfer the course after evaluating them. Different schools have different requirements. Like I said earlier, you have your work cut out and even though everyone is not saying it in the language you feel is appropriate, they are right.
Best of luck wink

Kingju:
Please I need help, I'm almost running into depression.

I have a sponsor who wants to sponsor me to study in the USA. I've written and passed my IELTS exam, Money isn't much of a problem also, I've traveled to the UK before. Here's where my wahala is;

I'm 31 years old, I'm a technician, I've been to the university but didn't complete it, I want to apply for a BSc in computer engineering, my waec result is from 2008 although I wrote and passed Neco in 2020. I want to know if it would be possible and also which schools can I apply. Another thing is, am I to apply as a transfer student or new student?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Terry27: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2022
I don’t think it should, they are both different visas.

Fawaz12345:
Good morning guys, i’ve a question i’ve a valid b1/b2 visa right now and i want to apply for f1 visa now if i get denied will my b1/b2 visa be cancelled too?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by vicdom(m): 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2022
phen0m:
yes, Environmental Engineering to be precise. I hope to apply to other 'free application' schools too.
Those maga gave me admission with no fundings. Both chemical and environmental engineering. I'm just hoping that my PhD admission will come with fundings.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by vicdom(m): 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
Nozino:

I understand but all my class mate who did Wes evaluation had 0.2-0.3 increment in their GPA irrespective of ND gpa. I may be wrong though. We won’t know until she gets her credentials evaluated.
I had 3.13 both in OND and HND, guess what?? After my WES evaluation, it became 3.59. I was shocked!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Shayboy: 7:07pm On Dec 31, 2022
Is anyone going to California State University, Sacramento?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 7:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
vicdom:

I had 3.13 both in OND and HND, guess what?? After my WES evaluation, it became 3.59. I was shocked!

Imagine!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2022
vicdom:

Those maga gave me admission with no fundings. Both chemical and environmental engineering. I'm just hoping that my PhD admission will come with fundings.

MTU rarely grant funding. All my friends who applied and got admission into different PhD programs weren’t funded. One letter even say, to quote, “As you’re a self funded student “. The friend emailed them back and told them he wasn’t a self funded student and he couldn’t afford to self fund a PhD that can span 6/7years by himself.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by vicdom(m): 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
Nozino:

Imagine!!
Hmmmmm.... That's 0.46 was added to my CGPA ooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by vicdom(m): 8:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
Nozino:

MTU rarely grant funding. All my friends who applied and got admission into different PhD programs weren’t funded. One letter even say, to quote, “As you’re a self funded student “. The friend emailed them back and told them he wasn’t a self funded student and he couldn’t afford to self fund a PhD that can span 6/7years by himself.

Omo! this is bad news ooo... And I was evening hopeful because PhD admissions hardly come without fundings.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2022
vicdom:

Hmmmmm.... That's 0.46 was added to my CGPA ooo

Congrats. God bless US for us. And maybe UK too. If not, Nigeria for frustration person with the unfair discrimination. May I know the branch of Engineering you graduated from?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
vicdom:

Omo! this is bad news ooo... And I was evening hopeful because PhD admissions hardly come without fundings.

I applied to Two programs last cycle and got into the 2 programs. Non was funded. Hopefully you’re luckier than me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2022
Terry27:
I don’t think it should, they are both different visas.

They cancel it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Castleberry: 10:07pm On Dec 31, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.