Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (679141 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (530) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Funjosh(m): 5:59am On Jan 15, 2023
Who is going for Geograph/ Geographic Information System or any related course here.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 8:54am On Jan 15, 2023
BigIyanga:

In your previous interview, you stated that your parents were your sponsors… your mum was a cosmetic distributor.. what has changed??
In your B1/B2 in Cyprus, you admitted that you had transferred from Naija to finish your studies.. so what happened to that degree? You also said that you were visiting your uncle in LA. So are you using your auxiliary nurse certificate/diploma from Naija or your unfinished Cyprus coursework?
You chose Akron University because it unranked and offers free application… yet you’re financially buoyant to sponsor.. Abeg go sit down, I dey street b4 dem born you. U cant even convince me let alone a trained VO. Good luck
Ok I see you've made good and clear points. The ball is truly in ghettonews court to sort out this inconsistencies.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lasisieniola77(m): 9:26am On Jan 15, 2023
You can post these questions on google and do some research after you have gotten some schools that fit your profile . I think you can then ask the guru if the schools you have selected are okay or not. First of all, search google, and also,chibertha dropped a link to schools some time ago, you can check pages 170-195 of this thread for the link
Evii:

Good morning bro, pls what are the requirements to apply for USA study visa and how's the tuition fee like?
What percentage of tuition do one needs to pay before issuance of I-20

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by justwise(m): 9:56am On Jan 15, 2023
BigIyanga:

Help folks asking questions

I got no time engaging you, just don't derail this thread.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 1:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
justwise:

I got no time engaging you, just don't derail this thread.

Thank you Mr @justwise for the good work u're doing here. I biglyanga needs to be on your watchlist again as he had constituting nuisance all over and insulting me instead to help out with information I need.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by seribroo56(m): 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
chibertha:
I beg you please don't for now.
Get a masters in engineering first before you via off e get why.
why thou? How many masters I wan do for this life lool

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by seribroo56(m): 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
itoski:

This plan can only work in the UK or Canada except you have been working in a business related field?
But then again I believe all things are possible but I love to focus on what I can control than leave things to chance.
Goodluck in your decision.
Cheers!
Thanks, it wall all work out well, I prefer US thou and from my findings it also easier and the opportunities after completion is higher
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by seribroo56(m): 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2023
NightCyrax:

Sorry, I'm a green horn at that. I would do better if you were in the Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences.
oh ok, that would be a serious leap. Stem courses are also favoured for admission inost US universities. Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nooziinoo: 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2023
Somatohadidas:

This assertion is wrong. I have seen folks with Master´s and Bachelor's Degrees from Nigeria getting into Biological Sciences and Biomedical PhD programs in the US.

I agree that the competition for places in these programs is becoming very fierce year after year. However, saying that folks "should leave the programs for Americans" is not right—it might even sound demoralising to some people.

Subsequently, I´d like to reiterate that having a first-class is not enough for this. It is important to have rudimentary (even intermediate) knowledge of the current software and tools used in the field. Particularly, for folks looking at the aforementioned programs, it is essential to have a working knowledge of R, Python, Basic Linux and related programs. Furthermore, basic knowledge of bioinformatics and wet lab experience (through internships). Trying your hands (analysis) on various biological data (related to your research area) in various public repositories to test your knowledge would be very beneficial too. It could even help you buttress your points about your passion and zeal for the field in your letter of motivation, statement of purpose or personal statement.

Also, improving knowledge by enrolling in several Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and attending related (in-person/virtual) conferences and workshops (there are many available now—thanks to COVID-19). Having membership in National and International Professional Associations in your field should also be considered.

The bitter truth is those you are competing with from the global north have robust opportunities to gain many experiences (wet and dry lab/conferences/posters presentations) before they finish their undergraduate studies. Therefore, you cannot come and tell them (the admission committee) to pick you ahead of them by having a first-class. So, it is not really about luck; check the profiles of those that got into these programs from Nigeria—you will understand what I am trying to say.

I hope this helps someone.

Hello,

While I agree with what you said, I never said or insinuated that only people with foreign master’s degrees get in. I only said there’s a preference for people holding this degree mostly because of their lab skills and access to current lab equipment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2023
ghettonews:

Thank you Mr @justwise for the good work u're doing here. I biglyanga needs to be on your watchlist again as he had constituting nuisance all over and insulting me instead to help out with information I need.

Pointing out inconsistencies in your applications.. good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2023
Sisib15:
Can you please drop schools that offers English and Literature

Wow, nice, but I already listed them in one of my previous posts. Click on my user name and go through my previous replies. Also remember that they have more to do with research interests rather than discipline.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
seribroo56:
oh ok, that would be a serious leap. Stem courses are also favoured for admission inost US universities. Thanks

More like there are more prospects for Stems...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
NightCyrax:

More like there are more prospects for Stems...
Yes, it easier and offers a path to citizenship without your employer filling for you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by pongwa(m): 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2023
Funjosh:
Who is going for Geograph/ Geographic Information System or any related course here.
msc or phd?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Digbick: 5:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
ObodoNaija:
Hi guys, is anyone coming to Texas Tech University this Dec or Jan and is looking for accommodation? If yes, send me an email at marysamuel302@gmail.com. I have one to Sublease which is very close to the school.
In what month is TTU admission decision made and sent to prospective student? if anyone has an idea on the question asked, please chip in, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by toluene23(f): 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
Buddies; Please I paid for studen visa fee at gtb last year march, now it says limit exceeded. What does that mean when I haven’t even used it for once. And now I want to use it. My head Dey hot with this kind thing. I paid for it since March 11 now I want to use it for an application. Please guide me what do you suggest
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by petertunde(m): 1:23am On Jan 16, 2023
Please house, there was mistake of birth month ( May instead of June) during US visiting visa application in 2019 as someone filled the form on my behalf. The visa was denied giving blue form quoting no home tie or something.

Now, I am planning to apply for student visa this year. Please will the above mistake has negative effect on my visa application?

If yes, what can I do to make consular understand the mistake wasn't deliberate?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:22am On Jan 16, 2023
petertunde:
Please house, there was mistake of birth month ( May instead of June) during US visiting visa application in 2019 as someone filled the form on my behalf. The visa was denied giving blue form quoting no home tie or something.

Now, I am planning to apply for student visa this year. Please will the above mistake has negative effect on my visa application?

If yes, what can I do to make consular understand the mistake wasn't deliberate?

Thank you.
1: Take ownership and do things by yourself.
2: Try and see if you can change info in your DS160 application.
3: Do it yourself
Also, it seems that wasnt the primary reason why you were denied. Try working on your home tie issue.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 3:43am On Jan 16, 2023
petertunde:

Thank you.

This is not a problem if your passport reflects your real age.
Just apply for your student visa with your real information. Fill out the new DS-160 with real information during this application.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 3:50am On Jan 16, 2023
toluene23:
Buddies; Please I paid for studen visa fee at gtb last year march, now it says limit exceeded. What does that mean when I haven’t even used it for once. And now I want to use it. My head Dey hot with this kind thing. I paid for it since March 11 now I want to use it for an application. Please guide me what do you suggest
Are you saying you just paid since last year's March and refused to book an appointment since then?
Where did you get the notification that you have exceeded your limit?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by psychologyshuby: 5:35am On Jan 16, 2023
Hi everyone, it’s been a while. I’m just here to encourage you guys to keep pushing. Your dreams are very valid! I have been on this US journey since 2020 and this is me here in the United States. Keep pushing, keep sending those cold emails. I understand this place is very dry and very few information gets here but just keep pushing, one day your story will change.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Funjosh(m): 6:33am On Jan 16, 2023
pongwa:
msc or phd?

Msc or PGD
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VincentTobe: 9:14am On Jan 16, 2023
Hi everyone, please i want to schedule an emergency appointment but i haven't paid my sevis fee. I want to know if it's a necessity to upload the receipt while applying for emergency appointment. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Successmock: 9:57am On Jan 16, 2023
toluene23:

It's either it expired (which I doubt) or you've picked date more than four times.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ayomide1526: 9:57am On Jan 16, 2023
Profshow:
Pls, How many Times is applicant allowed to reschedule an appointment per MRV fee. What's the limit, to reschedule an appointment per MRV payment
4times plus intial appointment per mrv
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Successmock: 9:58am On Jan 16, 2023
petertunde:

Thank you.

Yes it might, firstly you have to correct it and then tell the VO you have a remark to make before you start.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MelaninGemstone(f): 11:45am On Jan 16, 2023
VincentTobe:
Hi everyone, please i want to schedule an emergency appointment but i haven't paid my sevis fee. I want to know if it's a necessity to upload the receipt while applying for emergency appointment. Thank you
Your emergency appointment request will be denied 100% if you don’t attach your SEVIS fee receipt

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2023
You can get one from this list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_American_universities_and_colleges

Sisib15:
Can you please drop schools that offers English and Literature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
VincentTobe:

Don't pay SEVIS FEES until you secure an appointment.
You can pay it at least 2 days to your appointment day.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by pongwa(m): 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2023
Funjosh:

Msc or PGD
why not try university of maryland's phd in geographical sciences. They give funding too but you have to hustle 75 dollars app fee

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (530) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: Osasalfred44, naijachic, Instructor001(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.