Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681214 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 3:08am On Feb 11, 2023
Zihno:

Ignore you. Seeing that you really aren’t smart.

Dude, you're looking for schools as far-flung as Thailand... grin grin ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 3:09am On Feb 11, 2023
Zihno:

So, no stats? We should just take your words for it?

You don't have to do anything...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 4:27am On Feb 11, 2023
TWoods:

Dude, you're looking for schools as far-flung as Thailand... grin grin ok.

What has that got to do with anything? Are you that depressed? I’d see a psychiatrist or psychologist or any mental health professional to help you. You need help!

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 6:50am On Feb 11, 2023
kunlap02:
.I got an offer from CWRU today.only 35% funding to offset tuition cost.Is your program also MBA?When were you interviewed?
My program is not an MBA. I'm going for undergrad. If I'm a finalist for any of their scholarships that I applied for, I'll be called to interview by March 1st.

Since you're getting these offers your profile must be strong. Have you considered applying for a regular Masters degree rather than an MBA? It might be easier to get full funding that way. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 7:20am On Feb 11, 2023
Zihno:

What has that got to do with anything? Are you that depressed? I’d see a psychiatrist or psychologist or any mental health professional to help you. You need help!

The typical empty bluster from the average low intellect Nigerian. I would suggest you focus on your objective for being here. Don't worry about my mental health, it's in excellent hands. grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Davegabriel(m): 9:49am On Feb 11, 2023
TWoods:

This will be a challenge. You will need to pay the loan back at some point, which suggests to the VO that you have no intention of leaving after your studies and clearly cannot afford your study.

I thought having enough funding would help get my visa approved
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 9:55am On Feb 11, 2023
Well, the matter is delicate. While I might not be comfortable with sharing details of prof and department, from whom and which I'm trying/about to clinch an assistantship..after getting it, I doubt that I'd be able to hold myself from sharing...as I see a lot more people do around here, especially when they share visa transcripts.

Which is why I did not put mouth before, because Myflair's already gotten it, soo....

Well, that's me. Every aboki with hin kettle😒
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 9:59am On Feb 11, 2023
Najdorf:

My program is not an MBA. I'm going for undergrad. If I'm a finalist for any of their scholarships that I applied for, I'll be called to interview by March 1st.

Since you're getting these offers your profile must be strong. Have you considered applying for a regular Masters degree rather than an MBA? It might be easier to get full funding that way. Just my thoughts.

What d'you mean by a regular Masters, rather than an MBA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 10:53am On Feb 11, 2023
Dreamsss:

What d'you mean by a regular Masters, rather than an MBA?
Something like an MSc/MA. Sure, they technically all have "Masters" in their name but an MBA is so unique that it's hard to group it together with the others. For example, most schools may not have RA and TA positions open to MBA students. An an MBA student you also contribute little in terms of research.

It was only a suggestion to the OP to consider another option. I have add this point because I know people on this thread like to swallow someone.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bulespephilo(m): 10:56am On Feb 11, 2023
Good morning guys.
Please I have another quick question.

I recently got admitted into 2 US universities to do my Ph.D. with TA and fellowship; complete package for fall 2023.
The main issue now is I need money to process my visa and travel.

Where's the best place I can access loan to pay back gradually once I'm there?

Please treat as urgent, thank you all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 11:00am On Feb 11, 2023
Najdorf:

Something like an MSc/MA. Sure, they technically all have "Masters" in their name but an MBA is so unique that it's hard to group it together with the others. For example, most schools may not have RA and TA positions open to MBA students. An an MBA student you also contribute little in terms of research.

It was only a suggestion to the OP to consider another option. I have add this point because I know people on this thread like to swallow someone.

Hahahahaha...okay.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by petertunde(m): 11:04am On Feb 11, 2023
Please house, for US visa application, without visa fee payment, can DS-160 visa application form be filled online?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AIT1(m): 11:35am On Feb 11, 2023
bulespephilo:
Good day guys.

I recently got admitted to University of Tennessee Knoxville to do a Ph.D. with teaching assistantship.

Please what do I need to know about Visa processing?
I intend to marry before leaving (with her) possibly in August.

Please where do I start from?
Congratulations Bro.

Were you admitted for Mathematical Biology PhD?

When did you submit your application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bulespephilo(m): 11:54am On Feb 11, 2023
AIT1:

Congratulations Bro.

Were you admitted for Mathematical Biology PhD?

When did you submit your application?
Yes Sir.
Thank you.
I submitted in December last year. Or November 30th.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 1:14pm On Feb 11, 2023
bulespephilo:
Good morning guys.

I recently got admitted into 2 US universities to do my Ph.D. with TA and fellowship; complete package for fall 2023.

Friends/ family or even fairmoney. A million will likely cover all visa waka.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2023
Najdorf:

Great suggestion. An MBA is marketed towards employees who want to climb the corporate ladder. And as such, you’re expected to pay out of pocket. I maybe wrong, but he would have more luck getting into a thesis/research masters than a professional masters.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
Davegabriel:

I thought having enough funding would help get my visa approved
Yes. If it’s a financial aid, take it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2023
Friends and family.

bulespephilo:
Good morning guys.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:20pm On Feb 11, 2023
bulespephilo:
Good morning guys.

Friends, family, strangers, church and mosque people. Sell your possession like land/property.. or sign IOU with a potential creditor , if u plan yourself very well and stay frugal, you can pay it off within a year.
Have you gotten ur visa?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LeoGJB: 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2023
Hello everyone!

I recently got admit for PhD at a US university with assistantship. But I'm still expecting other decisions. So I don't wanna be hasty in accepting the first offer. However considering the struggle to get dates and all, I would like to secure an interview date. Someone hinted me it's possible to do that without an i20 yet. Kindly point me in the right direction on how to do this, if it's possible at all.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AIT1(m): 6:28pm On Feb 11, 2023
bulespephilo:

Yes Sir.
Thank you.
I submitted in December last year. Or November 30th.

Okay boss. Please, can you share your profile with me? I also applied for the same course but I haven’t hear from them yet.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:16pm On Feb 11, 2023
LeoGJB:
Hello everyone!

I recently got admit for PhD at a US university with assistantship. But I'm still expecting other decisions. So I don't wanna be hasty in accepting the first offer. However considering the struggle to get dates and all, I would like to secure an interview date. Someone hinted me it's possible to do that without an i20 yet. Kindly point me in the right direction on how to do this, if it's possible at all.
Thank you.

dont miss the deadline to accept their offer. Accepting their offer doesn't stop you from getting and reviewing other offers.. if any. Good luck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tallvictor23: 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2023
LeoGJB:
Hello everyone!

Thank you.

It’s not possible, you need the sevis number on ur i20 for visa processing. You have to wait till after you’ve gotten your i20 .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by petertunde(m): 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2023
petertunde:
Please house, for US visa application, without visa fee payment, can DS-160 visa application form be filled online?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kunlap02(m): 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2023
Thanks bro,i will consider the option you suggested.
Najdorf:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
Zihno:

Great suggestion. An MBA is marketed towards employees who want to climb the corporate ladder. And as such, you’re expected to pay out of pocket. I maybe wrong, but he would have more luck getting into a thesis/research masters than a professional masters.
Thanks. You said it better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.