Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,463 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (685649 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 1:17pm On Mar 03, 2023
goldrush448:

yes i do. but how can i be sure i will get the admission

I don't believe in shooting shots aimlessly, when it's not even for an ivy league. Because I really don't have the time, money or emotions to waste. Meet their requirements and see whether they won't give it to you. For every school I have applied to, I have gotten accepted, even to an R1... except for FIU, which is still because I could not get a supervisor (as advised in the requirements) prior to dashing them my app fee.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2023
EarlMembo7:

Thanks for your reply, please do you know how we can go about this whole process, I’d really love an urgent reply🙏🏻

Go to the school website and check the requirements for transfer candidates. If anything isn’t clear, you can email them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oluwawapelumi(m): 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2023
I got a full funding! Who can assist with proof of funds so I may request my I-20 please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2023
Oluwawapelumi:
I got a full funding! Who can assist with proof of funds so I may request my I-20 please?

You don’t need proof of fund if your program is fully funded. Check if you got full tuition or if it’s really fully funding( Tuition and living cost)

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keyin: 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2023
Congrats ! Are they all fully funded?
Dreamsss:

I don't believe in shooting shots aimlessly, when it's not even for an ivy league. Because I really don't have the time, money or emotions to waste. Meet their requirements and see whether they won't give it to you. For every school I have applied to, I have gotten accepted, even to an R1... except for FIU, which is still because I could not get a supervisor (as advised in the requirements) prior to dashing them my app fee.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMK456: 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2023
I think a lot of persons were affected in this their upgrade date of a thing.

bmoy:
Same here, just reconfirmed.

The thing shocked and demoralized me. I don’t even understand. My date has changed again to 22nd September 😭
[/quote
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anfieldboss: 3:26pm On Mar 03, 2023
Keyin:

My fellow U of Alabama hopeful, any news from them?

I sent an inquiry mail to my department, and they responded that they are reviewing the applications on a first come- first serve basis.

Those people sef go don tire for me because na every month I dey send them mail. cheesy

But I find it kinda strange that by late February/early March, they are still reviewing applications.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eni997: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2023
I am in the same situation. I cannot reschedule. Do you think paying another mrv fee will make sense? Is there a possibility of getting an earlier date then? Because right now the earliest date is in october.

Darhny:
Good morning house,
I booked an appointment date for August 14th, I woke up this morning to a mail from the embassy saying my appointment has been rescheduled to September 25 which if far from a favorable date for me. I am out of times I can reschedule. Please what can I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eni997: 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2023
Please was this a regular appointment or an emergency appointment? Also have you been denied visa before?

Winner0718:

Yes, March 10 was available as of when i scheduled the appointment. But i choose to go with 31.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eni997: 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2023
Please if you have been denied student visa before and you are able to get an early interview date based on this new upgrade or slot opening, please let me know.

I am thinking of cancelling my appointment which is in September and paying another mrv fee.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Darhny: 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2023
I’m seriously considering paying another Mrv fee. I’m just confused

JMK456:
I think a lot of persons were affected in this their upgrade date of a thing.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oluwawapelumi(m): 4:30pm On Mar 03, 2023
I got full graduate teaching assistanship, covers full tuition excluding living expenses.
Zihno:

You don’t need proof of fund if your program is fully funded. Check if you got full tuition or if it’s really fully funding( Tuition and living cost)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Acuna91: 5:07pm On Mar 03, 2023
Izanghi:
hello everyone,
I got a fully funded PhD offer from University of South Florida and University of Cincinnati.
What do you think about the schools? Are they of good repute (I mean respected), as I am also thinking of after job opportunities too from the school I plan to study.

Please I need advise here.
Firstly congratulations on these achievement. I Think University of south Florida is more reputed.

If you don't mind, pls what's ur profile like, do you have masters, gre, publications....
a reply will really go a long way to intending applicants. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chocychoco: 5:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
goldrush448:
Hello guys, is it worth paying for WES for my credentials to be evaluated I applied to Georgia state university. I don't know my chances of getting admission yet and I don't want to waste money on it.

I applied to GSU too.. Still waiting for their decision... When did you submit your application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chocychoco: 5:28pm On Mar 03, 2023
Anfieldboss:

Life is all about risks cheesy

But personally, I avoid schools that require credential evaluation.

Please can you share schools you apply to that don't require credential evaluation?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2023
Keyin:

I wish.
We'll know in time. But the FIU was for a PhD program.. others na Masters.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMK456: 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2023
Please, anyone with schools on IT related courses that offered scholarship should drop them biko.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Winner0718(m): 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2023
Eni997:
Please was this a regular appointment or an emergency appointment? Also have you been denied visa before?

Yes, it was the regular appointment. No i have not been denied before.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keyin: 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2023
I haven't heard from them. It is frustrating but let's keep hope alive

Anfieldboss:

My fellow U of Alabama hopeful, any news from them?

I sent an inquiry mail to my department, and they responded that they are reviewing the applications on a first come- first serve basis.

Those people sef go don tire for me because na every month I dey send them mail. cheesy

But I find it kinda strange that by late February/early March, they are still reviewing applications.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2023
Please I sent a mail since two weeks ago to a school regarding i20 but they have not responded and i have reached out to the graduate school coordinator too and he said he will reach out to them yet no response . Please should i be worried
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lovethchisom(f): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2023
Darhny:
Good morning house,
I booked an appointment date for August 14th, I woke up this morning to a mail from the embassy saying my appointment has been rescheduled to September 25 which if far from a favorable date for me. I am out of times I can reschedule. Please what can I do?

Same with mine September 25th
My appointment was on April 25th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Darhny: 10:28pm On Mar 03, 2023
Do you still have slots to reschedule?

Lovethchisom:

Same with mine September 25th
My appointment was on April 25th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMK456: 11:52pm On Mar 03, 2023
What do you mean that you are out of times you can reschedule?
Does that you mean you can't reschedule again.

Darhny:
Good morning house,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mantics(m): 1:59am On Mar 04, 2023
goldrush448:
Hello guys, is it worth paying for WES for my credentials to be evaluated I applied to Georgia state university. I don't know my chances of getting admission yet and I don't want to waste money on it.

Do you mean Georgia state university or Georgia southern university? I am not sure Georgia State requires WES. Also, what is your profile like and what course? In this journey, if you have the funds to do the WES, try and get it done as you will not be restricted to applying to some schools making it compulsory

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eni997: 3:58am On Mar 04, 2023
The embassy did the rescheduling purposely 2 times so that one run out of options for rescheduling.
And any further change in date will require a new mrv payment.

JMK456:
What do you mean that you are out of times you can reschedule?
Does that you mean you can't reschedule again.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anfieldboss: 8:06am On Mar 04, 2023
Chocychoco:

Please can you share schools you apply to that don't require credential evaluation?

New Mexico State University
Michigan Tech
University of Alabama
University of South Florida
Louisiana State Unversity
Kansas State University
University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
University of Louisiana

There are many others that do not require WES evaluation. In fact, these universities will review your application with unofficial transcripts (that is a softcopy of your transcript uploaded during application) to make a decision. They will only request official transcripts after you have been admitted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMK456: 9:39am On Mar 04, 2023
What about if one was just rescheduled for first time.

Because I know some persons that this re-scheduling was just their first time. So, I believe these persons can still re-schedule again right.

Eni997:
The embassy did the rescheduling purposely 2 times so that one run out of options for rescheduling.
And any further change in date will require a new mrv payment.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMK456: 10:15am On Mar 04, 2023
But will paying another MRV fee help one to secure an earlier date? Why did they do this their upgrade/ slot opening self, because I'm not seeing any slot they mentioned now.

Darhny:
I’m seriously considering paying another Mrv fee. I’m just confused

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMK456: 10:19am On Mar 04, 2023
Darhny:
The thing shocked and demoralized me. I don’t even understand. My date has changed again to 22nd September 😭

Oh, that means your date has been changed more than once right.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by jayeze: 11:52am On Mar 04, 2023
Please did you apply to Kansas State University for Fall 2023? Did you get a response from them?
Anfieldboss:
Good morning guys,

Please did anybody apply to Kansas State University for Fall 2023 here?

Also, for those that applied to MTU, have you guys heard anything from them? I am unable to track my application and the last email I got from them was on December 6, 2022, telling me my application is with the program, since then I have not heard anything from them, and the graduate coordinator never responds to emails.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (534) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.