Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (686068 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2023
BigIyanga:

Agents wey no wan Japa is a patriotic Naija

Depends on some factors.
Identifying a problem/creating a problem and providing a solution is the way to financial freedom.
Some have already planted their families over there.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2023
infosoftlife:

Depends on some factors.
Identifying a problem/creating a problem and providing a solution is the way to financial freedom.
Some have already planted their families over there.

Good for them.. They should take it easy with gullible applicants
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
BigIyanga:

If only ants could leave sugar.
Imagine telling someone about a policy in Lagos, and the person couldn't ask to see a copy lipsrsealed
Some people like to hear sweet words.
Last year some people had to defer admission after the Abuja embassy canceled out on them.
But now an agent is telling someone to switch to Abuja with all certainty as if he/she is the US Ambassador to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2023
BigIyanga:

Let me tell you a secret.
Most people posting here are the agents themselves you are talking about (a form of testimonial).
They post this information here about what their agents said, kind of referral stuff, so some offline readers can send them a PM to request the agent's contact.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
infosoftlife:

Let me tell you a secret.
Most people posting here are the agents themselves you are talking about (a form of testimonial).
They post this information here about what their agents said, kind of referral stuff, so some offline readers can send them a PM to request the agent's contact.

Not knocking on their hustle. At least any agent who visits here to soak up some knowledge is more likely to have a higher success rate than street hustling-agents… They’re more likely to have more referrals and repeat customers.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
infosoftlife:

If only ants could leave sugar.
Imagine telling someone about a policy in Lagos, and the person couldn't ask to see a copy lipsrsealed
Some people like to hear sweet words.
Last year some people had to defer admission after the Abuja embassy canceled out on them.
But now an agent is telling someone to switch to Abuja with all certainty as if he/she is the US Ambassador to Nigeria.
Lol at ant and sugar analogy… but I’d to add.. poisoned sugar lol
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by folamorgan(m): 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
BigIyanga:

You meant $35200@4.9m or 49m?
If your account still covers the revised new rate at N465, then it should not be a problem if your statement is less than 6months… or to be on safe side, print a new statement of account.
Good luck
Thanks for the reply. Wanted to type N14,900000 (14.9 million naira) was the amount then but it is now 16.24 million. The period is less than three months
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
folamorgan:

Thanks for the reply. Wanted to type N14,900000 (14.9 million naira) was the amount then but it is now 16.24 million. The period is less than three months
But you still have 16m… so u only need 240k to cover the deficit. Try talking to a family member/friend if you dont have it complete.. or you can with 16m…
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2023
Temiza:
I have been following this threads for a while but I'm stilll having problems applying to the right schools ( that do not require appilication free or unofficial transcripts) . The whole process is starting to feel impossible and it'sreally bothering me . Please is there any group I can join or anything that I can do to help me.
Then send transcripts and pay application fee.. You cant win BetNaija/Nairabet if you dont play with your money. Lose money to gain money.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kwamentim3: 3:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
Do understand his assertion to a point. For the writing sample, your masters thesis would suffice and I used that to gain 3 admissions all with funding. I have also been able to secure a research assistantship to assist a research institute with their research for my PhD but I have no publication.
infosoftlife:

You must understand the different types of funding and their requirements (GA, TA, RA).

If you want a Research Assistantship to assist Profs with their research works, the majority of them usually request to see a writing sample.

For someone going for Ph.D while, won't he/she have at least a publication?

Some schools in Nigeria even mandates MSc student to have a publication before the final defense of their dissertation.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 4:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kwamentim3:
Do understand his assertion to a point. For the writing sample, your masters thesis would suffice and I used that to gain 3 admissions all with funding. I have also been able to secure a research assistantship to assist a research institute with their research for my PhD but I have no publication.

I believe you both have the same profile and going for the same program.
CONGRATULATIONS, by the way.
Just because you were able to have this funding (I don't know the program you applied for) doesn't construe that the competition is the same in all departments.

FYI: A publication has fewer pages than 25,000 dissertations. Imagine a Prof. reading through this of over 100 applicants grin

Let's encourage people to take the harder way because it pays, and there are agents out there that can help you do this publication by including their names in it.

PSI: I am not saying getting funding without a PUBLICATION is impossible... Making your profile stand out is the GOAL.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rexraven: 4:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
Good morning,

Is it possible to schedule visa interview without i20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HaleemahYinusa(f): 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
Good Afternoon.
My proposed transcript.

My interview is on Friday.

The university of Louisiana monroe.
COA- $32,778
Funding- $18,100
Deficit- $14,678
BS Nursing.

Why have you decided to further your studies in the United States of America?

The US is a top destination for Higher studies among international students and they have one of the best educational systems in the world which would give me the opportunity to get quality education for what I'm really passionate about. Also, a degree from the US is world recognized and this will give me an edge and enhance my employability when I come back to Nigeria to work.

Why did you choose your intended school?

I choose University of Louisiana Monroe because i loved how my admissions officer was very responsive and attentive to me through out my admission process. ULM give me the best scholarship offer and getting into their hornors program made me more eager to choose to go there.

Why do you want a bachelor's degree in intended major?

When I was 6, my uncle was seriously sick and his nurses were incremental in his treatment and recovery. While visiting him in the hospital, the nurses' ability to intercede for their patients inspired me and I remember thinking that was the kind of person I want to be in the future. I'm a person who likes being challenged and a nursing career will provide that for me with all the different procedures I'm expected to learn and accomplish as a nurse. I also like that this career will allow me to specialize in many different fields while also increasing my knowledge and this will help me use my strength of education and compassion to teach my patients on how to take care of their health.

Why intended State?

I chose to go to school in Louisiana because The weather is not too different What I am used to Which means I'll be able to adjust quickly.

Do you have family and friends in the US?

Yes I do My sister is currently a student of the University of North Texas And my maternal uncle resides in Maryland.

As a nurse what will you be doing in any company you decide to work for?

As a nurse I will be The care provider responsible for patients full care, Ensure the right prescriptions are administered and that a patient understands and is prepared for treatment. When diagnostics results come in I would be the one to read them first and if necessary, immediately notify the appropriate doctor and. I'll also provide education to family members by answering questions and providing follow-up information as needed.

Why do you think you deserve a visa to study in America?

I think I deserve this visa because it has always been a dream of mine to get a degree from the US as it'll opportune me to get quality education for what I am really passionate about. I want to be able to use the skills and knowledge I acquire in the US to play my part in reducing the mortality rate in Nigeria.

What's will you do if you are denied this visa?

If I am denied I will respect the Wishes of the embassy and reapply.

What is a course credit?

A course credit is a recognition by a University or College that a course of study has successfully been Completed.

How many course-credits do you require after your first year?

I require 33 credits after My first year.

How many course credits do you need before you can be allowed to graduate?

I am required to take at least 120 course credits before I can graduate.

Can you name the courses you taking your first year?

I can name some of them. I will be taking Anatomy and physiology, general chemistry, college algebra, English composition, and psychology.

Who is sponsoring your education and what does you supposed to do for your living?

My dad Will be sponsoring me throughout my stay in the US and he is a senior manager at Bleep bank where he has been working for 15 years now.

Do you have siblings?

Yes, I have three siblings

Have you traveled out of Nigeria before and to where?

No I haven't been opportuned to travel out of Nigeria till now.

How many schools did you apply to?
I applied to four schools in Total. The University of Louisiana monroe, Norwich University, The University of Michigan Flint and William Patterson University of New Jersey.

How many give you admission? And how many of them denied you?

I got accepted into all.

When did you graduate high school?

I graduated high school in August 2022.

What have you been doing since then?

After taking my SAT in October, I have been volunteering at a food bank, Lagos Food Bank Initiative.

What have you done concerning your major?

I took a non-certificate online course on clinical terminology which I believe will help me when I start clinical rotations.

What are your plans after graduation?

I plan to come back to Nigeria and first of all observe my one year of national service which is mandatory for all first time graduates who are going to work here in Nigeria after which I plan to apply to work at hospitals in my hometown because there are some areas there where health care is still very poor. I would like to work in the pediatrics units so I can play my part in reducing the infant fatality rate and infant dis3as3s like malnutriti0n, pn3um0ni4, m4l4ri4 and others.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by platypelloid: 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
Boss thank you so much.

Baba the THE STEM course is pharmaceutical chemistry
No funding from school,or the department.

Please house does it worth it taking loan of 80k usd for this course as an international student

Will someone be able to secure job after graduation please

PLEASE THIS IS URGENT.

THANK YOU.

mantics:

What particular STEM course is this? You have to consider ROI for a course before taking such loan please. My advise is try get funding from your department or other department in your school. Also, there is no hustle that can be done in US to pay school fees oooo, US is not UK please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kwamentim3: 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
I don’t know his program and I highly doubt we are going for the same program. Thank you.

When they request for a writing sample they just want to know your research skills. I know a colleague with about 50 publications but they told him to submit only an article in which he was sole author. In my case they told me to submit only the research methods chapter of my thesis and not the whole work.

Thesis can be harder than an article because you can derive numerous articles from a thesis so it’s not as soft as you think.

Yes being unique should be goal and there myriad ways to achieve that even without publication.
infosoftlife:

Just because you were able to have this funding (I don't know the program you applied for) doesn't construe that the competition is the same in all departments.

FYI: A publication has fewer pages than 25,000 dissertations. Imagine a Prof. reading through this of over 100 applicants grin

Let's encourage people to take the harder way because it pays, and there are agents out there that can help you do this publication by including their names in it.

PSI: I am not saying getting funding without a PUBLICATION is impossible... Making your profile stand out is the GOAL.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2023
I tire ooooh

infosoftlife:

@bolded I guess only the agent received the memo of the policy cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2023
platypelloid:
Boss thank you so much.

Please house does it worth it taking loan of 80k usd for this course as an international student

PLEASE THIS IS URGENT.

THANK YOU.

Have you tried Chemistry or Biomedical PhD programs?

Oga/madam, $80k is a lot of money and burden to have b4 going into US labor market… unless you’re an exceptionally good student to be courted/toasted by US companies b4 graduation.. Most of us are average students.. according to Chris Rock!
Dont over-burden your hustle in order not to over-burden your potential outcomes.
How are you going to navigate HB1 wahala with $80k loan hanging around your neck? I’m also sure that your APR is going to be a Shylock rate.. like 15-30% APR?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2023
chibertha:
I tire ooooh

Cos God only created Naija agents with infinite wisdom and rested
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:15pm On Mar 26, 2023
Indeed, zip recruiter and handshake will help you check if there are jobs in this line.
US department of labor website will help you know what the pay for it is like.

platypelloid:
Boss thank you so much.

PLEASE THIS IS URGENT.

THANK YOU.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2023
You nailed it.
Common $1500 I used on my credit card complete the 30% which is my part of fees still dey hard me to pay till now.
BigIyanga:

Have you tried Chemistry or Biomedical PhD programs?

Oga/madam, $80k is a lot of money and burden to have b4 going into US labor market… unless you’re a exceptionally good student be courted/toasted by US companies b4 graduation.. Most of us are average students.. according to Chris Rock!
Dont over-burden your hustle in order not to over-burden your potential outcomes.
How are you going to navigate HB1 wahala with $80k loan hanging around your neck? I’m also sure that your APR is going to be a Shylock rate.. like 15-30% APR?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:26pm On Mar 26, 2023
chibertha:
You nailed it.
Common $1500 I used on my credit card complete the 30% which is my part of fees still dey hard me to pay till now.
And most professional jobs wont touch you if you have bad credit.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Marioboyz: 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2023
Hi and sorry to disturb. But can i get a copy of that blue paper, i was denied USA visa in 2019 and had lost the blue paper since then. Now I'mapplying to Uk and need thr blue paper. God bless
Roughfyzay:
VISA TRANSCRIPT
EMBASSY: Lagos
DATE: 03/03/2023
PROGRAMME: MSc Information Technology
SCHOOL: Washington University
COA: $21,780
FUNDING: 10% from the school
DEFICIT: Covered by my brother who is a New York attorney
VERDICT: Denied

VO: Good morning

Me: Good morning.

VO: Pass your I-20 and passport

Me: Passed it to her

VO: How old are you?

Me: 26

VO: Do you live alone

Me: No, I live with my parents — this is true because I manage and oversee my family business.

VO: How many schools did apply to?

Me: One… mentions the school

VO: typing….. then brought out the blue paper.

No question on funding, sponsorship, programme, plans after study.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
Marioboyz:
Hi and sorry to disturb. But can i get a copy of that blue paper, i was denied USA visa in 2019 and had lost the blue paper since then. Now I'mapplying to Uk and need thr blue paper. God bless
Were you denied in March 2023 or are asking to get a copy of denial letter given to you in 2019?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Marioboyz: 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2023
Good day everyone. Please anyone has the normal USA visa refusal slip ?. Please i lost mine since 2019 and i would appreciate anyone can help me with a copy. God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Marioboyz: 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2023
I was denied in 2019 and given the blue slip but i lost it
BigIyanga:

Were you denied in March 2023 or are asking to get a copy of denial letter given to you in 2019?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
Marioboyz:
I was denied in 2019 and given the blue slip but i lost it
Google it online.. It’s generic and doesnt have personal info written on it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Donbigi2(m): 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2023
platypelloid:
Boss thank you so much.

PLEASE THIS IS URGENT.

THANK YOU.

80k is a lot. Not gonna lie
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Marioboyz: 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2023
I did but not quite clear to me. Please can i just get a copy of yours please? Better coming from you than a random on google, so i don'tloose my way. Please
BigIyanga:

Google it online.. It’s generic and doesnt have personal info written on it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Izanghi(m): 6:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
infosoftlife:

Your BSc project or dissertation is more than enough. Just make sure you succinctly explain the research experience you had while writing your project in your SOP. A friend of mine last year got into Notre Dame PhD from his BSc without Publication or Msc degree, no gre and wasn't even a first class and I have seen alot of people with this. Even this year I have seen alot got full funding PhD without those things.

Many American students don't even have a publication while applying for PhD, they only have lots of research experience through REUs which is more than enough.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Davegabriel(m): 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
Hello everyone, please I want to know if I can reapply for my F1 interview with a new school different from the one I was denied with because the first one was a private uni but this one is a public uni and I want to know if that will be a problem for me on my second interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Donbigi2(m): 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
folamorgan:
Nairalanders, please I need your advice on what to do. I got admission to CSUCI in November 2022 for Spring January 2023 and the amount required for F-1 visa was $35200, which was N4900000 but i had N16,000000 in my account then, when a dollar was N422. But I didn't get early appointment time. I was given August but now my date has been rescheduled to April 20 of this year and when the school sent another i-20 form to me, they used the old account statement I sent to them in December 2022. Dollar rates now fluctuates between N460-N462, which will make the $35200 to be around N16270000. My question is should I take the old account balance to the embassy or do I need to print a new one to meet up with the current dollar rates? Thanks nairalanders in advance

I'm also going for a CSU (CSULB) with similar self fund.
Pls keep us updated on your interview.
Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Donbigi2(m): 6:40pm On Mar 26, 2023
Roughfyzay:
VISA TRANSCRIPT
EMBASSY: Lagos
DATE: 03/03/2023
PROGRAMME: MSc Information Technology
SCHOOL: Washington University
COA: $21,780
FUNDING: 10% from the school
DEFICIT: Covered by my brother who is a New York attorney
VERDICT: Denied

VO: Good morning

Me: Good morning.

VO: Pass your I-20 and passport

Me: Passed it to her

VO: How old are you?

Me: 26

VO: Do you live alone

Me: No, I live with my parents — this is true because I manage and oversee my family business.

VO: How many schools did apply to?

Me: One… mentions the school

VO: typing….. then brought out the blue paper.

No question on funding, sponsorship, programme, plans after study.

I read previously that applying for just one school is a red flag. The funding balance on your i-20 what was the balance?

I read somewhere that if the funds is in a family account it should be 1.5x or more. The logic being that in case of emergency, they can sort themselves out while still fulfilling their promise to fund your education.

I think its much better for the money to be in your account if your cash is close to the COA.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

Sorry boss. Really annoying when you don't even get to present your case

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (534) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.