Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681979 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by nicholasdunel(m): 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2023
BigIyanga:

You’ll have to explain the gap in your yr.. like why pursuing pol science at 26 as ur 1st degree when most people finish university in Naija b4 24?
How is US political science more superior to Naija pol science?

Ohk... concerning about the age range, please do u have any idea that will suffice. In case when am being ask by the VO@ Biglyanga
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2023
@ everyone Please does the VO contact one's place of work?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gekyume4l: 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
nicholasdunel:

Ohk... concerning about the age range, please do u have any idea that will suffice. In case when am being ask by the VO@ Biglyanga

Hello people,
Could someone please email or text me a link to a WhatsApp group or Telegram group where students share their F1 visa experiences?
thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2023
congratulations could you please put up all your transcripts

itsdollyp:
Hello guys!
Please any female going to Michigan or Grand valley state university this fall or if you know anyone going, kindly email me: adenijiade13@gmail.com
Thank you 🙏🏾.

After being denied twice in 2021, I finally got my student visa 🎊🎊.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
map96:
Phd at an Ivy league Uni, fully funded. I am currently in Berlin but my hubby is in Naija. Shall I apply for F1 alone in Germany and let her apply for F2 in Lagos or come to Naija to apply together? Also, she is about 2 months pregnant rn. Will that affect her chances of getting a visa? The University has funding for dependants n children up to $20k, so money is not really an issue.
Big congratulations!

I hope all the other processes get sorted out smoothly.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by map96(m): 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
optimusprime2:

Why not just do the application in Nigeria and have peace?

Looking at costs and time. Busy with projects in Berlin and i visited nigeria some weeks ago. Coming back in like a month after is just stressful.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by map96(m): 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
Najdorf:

Big congratulations!

I hope all the other processes get sorted out smoothly.

Amen. Just want to sort it asap.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AdeGbuyi20(m): 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
hello bosses in the house i need help pls. i got an admission into Suffolk MSc accounting. they offered me some form of little funding of 16kusd which is about 30% of tuition, but the overall amount in the certificate of finances form is running into 80kusd. what can i do?
Thanks a lot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2023
AdeGbuyi20:
hello bosses in the house i need help pls. i got an admission into Suffolk MSc accounting. they offered me some form of little funding of 16kusd which is about 30% of tuition, but the overall amount in the certificate of finances form is running into 80kusd. what can i do?
Thanks a lot.

Find another school you can afford except you have a sponsor that's very well-loaded.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
infosoftlife:

Find another school you can afford except you have a sponsor that's very well-loaded.

He or she may have the money grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AdeGbuyi20(m): 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2023
Thank you so much for your response. i don't know hat my chances are by this time of the year.
do you happen to also have recommendation of good and affordable school for MSc accounting or related course pls. i am very appreciative.
infosoftlife:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AdeGbuyi20(m): 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2023
i dont have the money o. ahhh
Olawrites:

He or she may have the money grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Happiness1414: 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
Good day house.please do I still need a new SEVIS FEE as I got one last year June 2nd which I use to apply for visa for Fall intake last year but got denied. Now I got a new admission letter now for Fall intake this year 2023 waiting for I-20 to apply for visa.what if I got a Visa interview date after June this year,does that mean the SEVIS FEE has expired that I can't use it again and have to get another one. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 12:14am On Apr 04, 2023
nicholasdunel:

If it comes up, you will be required to state in clear terms what you have done in the last 8yrs since you legt high school..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kechy20: 12:39am On Apr 04, 2023
USA F1visa renewal on OPT.
Hello all, has anyone tried renewing their F1 visa while on OPT/STEM OPT? My visa expires July 2023, currently on OPT but I want to know if anyone has renewed their F1 visa on OPT or if they have tried using Dropbox while still being in the US. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 4:14am On Apr 04, 2023
Today's for Sisib15. Plenty luck to you, gurl. Bring back great gist.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by justdoit100(m): 5:40am On Apr 04, 2023
VisaInfoNL:

Do VOs go online to do background check on each applicant before interview date?

Cc
Chibertha biglyanga nigpatriot

No! They don't

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by engrcorrect: 7:51am On Apr 04, 2023
Good morning @everyone..pls, if u av gotten admission to university of vanderbilt ( for phd in Chemical Engineering) and u av another admission already...pls, reject that of vanderbilt so that people like us can get a chance.
I was sent a message today that I'm on a waitlist...
I have gotten 14 rejections already with no admission thus far.
Thanks in anticipation.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tiptoe1: 9:17am On Apr 04, 2023
Happiness1414:
Good day house.please do I still need a new SEVIS FEE as I got one last year June 2nd which I use to apply for visa for Fall intake last year but got denied. Now I got a new admission letter now for Fall intake this year 2023 waiting for I-20 to apply for visa.what if I got a Visa interview date after June this year,does that mean the SEVIS FEE has expired that I can't use it again and have to get another one. Thanks.

Your SEVIS fee expires on June 2nd 2023, it's only valid for a year from the payment date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer0(m): 9:40am On Apr 04, 2023
Congratulations sis.
Is it safe to say that Louisiana State Uni put me on waiting list since I have not gotten decision from them? I even sent them additional material but they didn't even acknowledge it.
HaleemahYinusa:

It was a white woman that interviewed me. It was the last window by the right (can't remember the window number)inside one small office like place sha.

VO: oh you're going to school in Louisiana

Me: Yes

VO: How are you going to afford this( something like that I can'treally remember)?

Me: My dad is sponsoring me. He is a senior manager at .... bank

VO: Your dad is a banker?

Me: Yes

VO: How long as he been working there?

Me: Over 15 years now.

VO: So why did you choose this school in Louisiana.

Me: I chose ULM because I loved the fact that they held virtual information sessions where-

She cut me off

VO: Did you get accepted by other schools?

Me: Yes. 3 other schools

VO: Name them?

Me: The university of Michigan Flint, Norwich University and William Patterson University of new Jersey.

VO: Okay so you chose this because because you liked that they held information sessions?

Me: Yes. I was able to enquire more about scholarships, school of nursing etc.

VO- Oh okay. Do you have siblings?

Me: Yes I do. My older sister is-

VO:How many?

ME: 3 siblings.

VO: Your said your older sister is where? Here in Nigeria?

Me: No. She's currently studying Mechanical Engineering at the University of North Texas.

Vo: Oh North Texas.

Me: Yes. She's currently in her 2nd year.

VO: Okay. Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?

Me: No I have not.

VO: Okay. Give me a minute.

Then she started typing.

Then she said Congratulations I'm going to be granting your Visa. Itll be ready in the next 5 days. Always keep your I20 with you.

Omo I wanted to scream and start jumping.

Then she picked the white paper and joined it with my I 20.
Then she said Oh you know you can't travel more than 30 days before your expedited date.

I told her yes yes I know that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mantics(m): 10:06am On Apr 04, 2023
Happiness1414:

Do sevis transfer. You will login to fmjfee.com, retrieve old sevis and transfer to new one. You don't need to contact any school for this. As far as you transfer the sevis before june 2nd, you are good.
Best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anfieldboss: 10:10am On Apr 04, 2023
Gokoyer0:
Congratulations sis.
Is it safe to say that Louisiana State Uni put me on waiting list since I have not gotten decision from them? I even sent them additional material but they didn't even acknowledge it.

What's your discipline? I have an admit from LSU, waiting for funding.

Seems we applied to similar schools because I can recall you also applied to KSU.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 10:13am On Apr 04, 2023
engrcorrect:
Good morning @everyone..pls, if u av gotten admission to university of vanderbilt ( for phd in Chemical Engineering) and u av another admission already...pls, reject that of vanderbilt so that people like us can get a chance.
Thanks in anticipation.

Did you post this on grad cafe comrade?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by engrcorrect: 10:32am On Apr 04, 2023
Zihno:

Yes, i did...thanks very much
Did you post this on grad cafe comrade?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by nicholasdunel(m): 11:04am On Apr 04, 2023
BigIyanga:

If it comes up, you will be required to state in clear terms what you have done in the last 8yrs since you legt high school..

Sure ...So when it comes up like that , what am I going to say since have made it clear to u that am in university now . U know I cannot tell the VO that am university..And besides am not doing anything than to school..
So we have to get something meaningful to convince the VO ...So please can you help me build up my point @ Biglyanga 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by nicholasdunel(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2023
justdoit100:

Sorry for the late response. I've been busy...
You'll be added immediately.

Please just also add me to the group
This is my number +233547482556
Thank you 🙏 @justdoit100
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer0(m): 11:17am On Apr 04, 2023
No bro, i didn't apply to KSU. Chemistry. What's your own discipline?
Having done some research online, I would say that April 15 will be key in all these. I think you will get funding also.
Goodluck to us.
Anfieldboss:

What's your discipline? I have an admit from LSU, waiting for funding.

Seems we applied to similar schools because I can recall you also applied to KSU.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer0(m): 11:21am On Apr 04, 2023
In this our STEM field, once there is no funding available, it's almost impossible to get admission particularly in PhD..
Bro, what's your CGPA? Do you have any research papers? Are you working presently?
If you have decent profile, you need to restrategize.
God go bless your hussle!
engrcorrect:
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by petertunde(m): 11:29am On Apr 04, 2023
mantics:

Do sevis transfer. You will login to fmjfee.com, retrieve old sevis and transfer to new one. You don't need to contact any school for this. As far as you transfer the sevis before june 2nd, you are good.
Best
Please I'm interested. Did you mean transfer to another person application or which new one?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Donblaize: 11:49am On Apr 04, 2023
Gurus in the house please is it possible to defer one's admission to another year after obtaining Visa?? What are the implications
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HALIMAHHHH: 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2023
Gokoyer0:
Congratulations sis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: oluezekiel(m), Shamaaa, phatlytall(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.