Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681065 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AUgucci: 10:04am On Jul 22, 2023
laryom1:
Also,
Can anyone clarify how the booking works? For instance, I checked the website for the current wait time, it’s currently about 100 days for FM & J.
Does this mean the I have to wait 100 days to get a date, or the next possible set available appointments are in 100 days’ time?
I saw on the previous page when someone said “July date has been released”; does that mean they release dates every month ?

Please kindly clarify and advise. My program start date is Aug 1. I’m an exchange scholar.
August 1? And you are yet to get a date, my brother differ your admission and whatever program till January

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by laryom1(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2023
AUgucci:

August 1? And you are yet to get a date, my brother differ your admission and whatever program till January
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AUgucci: 10:37am On Jul 22, 2023
laryom1:
It’s not an admission. It’s a research exchange. So I’m hoping to get an EA, cuz it takes a bit of a priority. What do you think?
Of course go ahead and apply, if the interview date falls after the start date which is very possible, i dont knw what the vo would say about it,they could probably issue the visa if you are qualified and tells you to amend your i-20 or whatever form to the next available start date,I don't knw what the immigration will say, or maybe the other decision, God knows, so if they won't allow you to enter 1 month before start date then I guess they won't allow you less less than 1 month after start date. Its a close call, but try your luck as you wish. But even for EA you need to be atleast 1month before start date before talking about luck. Not every EA application is approved
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by transport124: 10:47am On Jul 22, 2023
Travel is an incredible journey that allows us to explore new places, cultures, and experiences. It broadens our horizons and opens our minds to the diversity and beauty of the world. Whether it's a relaxing beach vacation, an adventurous trek through the mountains, or a cultural immersion in a bustling city, each trip brings unique memories and moments that stay with us forever. best deal auto Manhattan Travel not only rejuvenates the soul but also teaches valuable life lessons, fostering understanding, empathy, and appreciation for different ways of life. It's a reminder of how vast and interconnected our world truly is, and it's a privilege to embark on these adventures and create cherished memories along the way.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2023
laryom1:
Hi guys. For guys who had interviewed for J1 visa, did any of you have to present proof health insurance at the interview? Or its till after you get to the states?
Also, I noticed some people describe some VO has “with earpiece” , what does that mean? Are there VOs without earpiece? How are they different ?
If my DS2019 takes so long to get here, and I’m unable to get an interview date before my program start date, if I apply for an expedited appointment after the program start date on the DS2019, would it still be accepted?

Also, please, if you misplace your passport on the day of your interview? What’s the solution?

And lastly, if a passport get reissued, does it carry the same passport number?

Would really appreciate responses to these questions 🙏🏾.

Would appreciate if I could be added to the WhatsApp group 08169244711

The proof of your health insurance is boldly written on your I-20, which your COA covers.

Don’t be troubled by the VO with the earpiece. Everybody has a different story, prepare very well for your interview.

The school can’t issue ds2019 after the program start date. There is an appropriate time you can apply for ds2019, and when the time has elapsed, deferment remains an option. In a case where you don’t get a favorable date before your program start date, and there is the hope of getting a date, you can write to your school for an extension letter.

You can’t be interviewed without a passport.

A different number will be given, and your previous number will be reflected on the passport data page.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ChasinGood(m): 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2023
What's up man,did you get any closer date?
febishola20:
I need help rescheduling my appointment, I go January 2024 date the first time I scheduled, I’ve been seeing people get earlier dates on here, I tried the cancelled page and it says”the earliest available slots is August 10” when I went back to the to the reschedule page the earliest date I saw is November 8, my question is do I have to cancel my appointment first before I can get earlier date ? Please I need your help guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by febishola20: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
ChasinGood:
What's up man,did you get any closer date?

Yes I got August 24th which is still past me resumption date, still on a look for a closer date though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Imustreturn(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
Brothers and sisters please I need your help. So this person has a 3rd class in her BSC. She did fishery, but now working with railway.. she wants to further her post graduate in transportation. Please and school recommendations will help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Agbeni33: 11:21pm On Jul 22, 2023
Of course, people's status change. But not in this case. He already declared that he has someone in the US. If I may ask you, why do you think that VO always ask these types questions?

Do you have anyone in the US?
I can see
that your brother or sister went to the US through F1 Visa, and now his a citizen. What is the assurance that you are coming back?
I can see that you were here last time, what has changed?
I can see that your brother or uncle was sporing you before, now your parents . So why is your parents now?
Do you think they don't have access to the previous information you provided in your DS 160?
What I am saying is that the only time applicant can edit DS 160 is if he/she have not gone for the interview.You can edit anything even after submission provided that you have not appear for the interview. Op can go ahead to remove it from his New DS 160. But he should be ready to explain to the VO if such question arises.

Lawal1555:

What you are saying is that people’s status doesn’t change. Even visa officers know that status changes from time to time; what if your relative in the US has relocated or died?

They can only ask questions based on the information you provide. Don’t put what you can’t defend, and don’t allow another man's sin to slow you down
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ChasinGood(m): 12:16am On Jul 23, 2023
Also searching for a closer date too
febishola20:

Yes I got August 24th which is still past me resumption date, still on a look for a closer date though
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FunmiFrancis: 1:42am On Jul 23, 2023
Ogundare26:
WhatsApp only

Please add me to the group search date for Lagos.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Felicidad: 3:26am On Jul 23, 2023
I was thinking of this👇🏻

So how about updating my DS-160 like creating a new one since it has old information of especially sponsorship

And the new sponsorship is company funding

Cos based on my findings they said it could be changed and updated on your CGI portal
Then u print out ur appointment page with the new barcode number

So what do u think on this🙏🏻
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Omolasho22: 8:27am On Jul 23, 2023
*Good morning, Please what advice will you guys give me..... For more than one month I was not able to schedule a date still saying ''There are currently no appointments available'' should I move to Abuja?*
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 9:35am On Jul 23, 2023
Agbeni33:
Of course, people's status change. But not in this case. He already declared that he has someone in the US. If I may ask you, why do you think that VO always ask these types questions?

Do you have anyone in the US?
I can see
that your brother or sister went to the US through F1 Visa, and now his a citizen. What is the assurance that you are coming back?
I can see that you were here last time, what has changed?
I can see that your brother or uncle was sporing you before, now your parents . So why is your parents now?
Do you think they don't have access to the previous information you provided in your DS 160?
What I am saying is that the only time applicant can edit DS 160 is if he/she have not gone for the interview.You can edit anything even after submission provided that you have not appear for the interview. Op can go ahead to remove it from his New DS 160. But he should be ready to explain to the VO if such question arises.

Those are called reverse psychology tricks.

“I can see that you have a brother in the US, and he’s a citizen and blablabla” He got this information simply because you thick YES and provide enough information about your brother.

“I can see you were here last time.” This is also asked because you thick YES for previously denied, and 214b notes from the previous VO appear on his screen

If your dad is your sponsor in your last attempt .and remains your sponsor, the VO may ask why your uncle is sponsoring you this time and not your dad. Your deficit is $10k, and VO may ask you who is covering your deficit of $15k. Those are tricks to know if you are in charge of your application.

You can make corrections on your Ds-160. It’s not advisable to return to the embassy with the same Ds-160 that got you denied, look for the errors and make corrections
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by laryom1(m): 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2023
Please can someone point me to the list of the required documents for the interview? Especially J1 or F1.
Thank you so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Badmanola: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
Hello everyone, my interview is on Aug 3 and I have just two questions.
- I’ve seen so many transcript here so I would like to ask, for the people that got approved, did you submit all documents and left with none or did you submit just passport and I-20 and left with other documents?
- After getting approved how many days did it take for your passport or any other documents to be returned?
My program start date is August 11 and I just want to know if I’ll get my passport and other documents back before that date.

If you don’t have answers to the above questions but you have any helpful insights regarding any part of the F-1 Visa interview, PLEASE DO QUOTE THIS POST.
Thank you and Goodluck to everyone.🤝🏾
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2023
Badmanola:
Hello everyone, my interview is on Aug 3 and I have just two questions.
- I’ve seen so many transcript here so I would like to ask, for the people that got approved, did you submit all documents and left with none or did you submit just passport and I-20 and left with other documents?
- After getting approved how many days did it take for your passport or any other documents to be returned?
My program start date is August 11 and I just want to know if I’ll get my passport and other documents back before that date.

If you don’t have answers to the above questions but you have any helpful insights regarding any part of the F-1 Visa interview, PLEASE DO QUOTE THIS POST.
Thank you and Goodluck to everyone.🤝🏾

when approved, the consular will only keep your passport , i20 and other docs will be given back to you as well as the white paper that guides you on how to get ur passport back(dont loose the white paper)
it takes 3-5days at most 7 days to get ur passport back (an email will be sent to u when its ready for pickup) you will most likely not meet up befr start date, so best email your school for an extension of start date. Good luck in ur interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adenrele12: 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2023

My school start date is August 28,2023 but got appointment in Lagos on Nov. 8,2023. On the portal their is no option for emergency date. Please how can i book emergency date?
Secondly i keep checking the portal for scheduling but its only nov. date upwards that kept appearing.
I need an august date interview asap.
Please any suggestion and advice is welcome.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2023
Please, i need assistance. I am to resume for the fall semester on August 14th but the interview date I have is 30th August. I am considering deferring to spring which my school has also suggested to me but my fear is the vo denying me because it's too early for the nxt yr spring semester or wanting me to reapply again because this is my second Attempt in Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oldfashioned145: 5:54pm On Jul 23, 2023
Hi Dan

Anyone applying to the university of North Dakota masters political science??

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2023
Dgabby01:
Please, i need assistance. I am to resume for the fall semester on August 14th but the interview date I have is 30th August. I am considering deferring to spring which my school has also suggested to me but my fear is the vo denying me because it's too early for the nxt yr spring semester or wanting me to reapply again because this is my second Attempt in Lagos

you can have your interview as far as a year to your program start date. what I mean is that there no
such thing as you are too early for next year spring. My friend had his interview in march and he is going for spring 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joan85: 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2023
Please can anyone share the mock group admin's contact number?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AZzoe: 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2023
Dgabby01:

Pls where and when was your first attempt? I got denied last week in Abuja and I want to reapply but don't know of I should go to Lagos or Abuja. Someone told me I should go to Abuja that previous denied in Lagos, even if they choose "regular" and not "previous denied", they don't see even the calendar to schedule for appointment (I don't know if this is true). My lastest date is 28Aug.

Please any suggestion from you or anyone is really appreciated. Thank you...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AZzoe: 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2023
Adenrele12:

My school start date is August 28,2023 but got appointment in Lagos on Nov. 8,2023. On the portal their is no option for emergency date. Please how can i book emergency date?
Secondly i keep checking the portal for scheduling but its only nov. date upwards that kept appearing.
I need an august date interview asap.
Please any suggestion and advice is welcome.

Pls why do you think there is no option for EA on your portal? Did you apply for EA with this MRV before? Is this your first attempt or were u denied visa previously?

Thank you for your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Felicidad: 12:25am On Jul 24, 2023
Pls o my people
I have my appointment for next week but want to do a new ds160 and upload the new barcode in my CGi Portal

Hope it's workable and that I can reprint my appointment letter with the new code right

Pls response
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 7:12am On Jul 24, 2023
I was denied last year December in Lagos but I'm going back to Lagos for my interview. If I'm to suggest, I'll say you go back to Abuja you will definitely get it there the second time if you prepare yourself very well and correct any mistake you made on your first interview.
AZzoe:

Pls where and when was your first attempt? I got denied last week in Abuja and I want to reapply but don't know of I should go to Lagos or Abuja. Someone told me I should go to Abuja that previous denied in Lagos, even if they choose "regular" and not "previous denied", they don't see even the calendar to schedule for appointment (I don't know if this is true). My lastest date is 28Aug.

Please any suggestion from you or anyone is really appreciated. Thank you...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 7:44am On Jul 24, 2023
Please someone should add me to the mock interview practice group , I have interview in august
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Slia2020: 11:05am On Jul 24, 2023
For someone the denial when can she reapply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Slia2020: 11:30am On Jul 24, 2023
Slia2020:
For someone the denial when can she reapply
please someone should answer me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2023
Please someone should add me to the mock interview practice group , I have interview in august

Or paste group link
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenaciousOrphan: 1:33pm On Jul 24, 2023
VTJN:
congratulations bro.

Please do you mind sharing what you've been doing wrongly and how you get back on track. Let's learn from you. Thanks

Mistake 1: Applying to schools that are higher than my profile
Mistake 2: not doing Wes evaluation
Mistake 3: using the wrong sop format
Mistake 4: Using UK English in writing instead of USA English.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adenrele12: 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2023
On my portal, there is no place where emergency date is specified for me to click or choose.
what I have there is cancel appointment, reschedule appointment
Or is there something am not getting?
This is my first time of booking appointment, no denial whatsoever.
please what do I click to book emergency date as there is no option for emergency date on my portal.
Thanks
AZzoe:

Pls why do you think there is no option for EA on your portal? Did you apply for EA with this MRV before? Is this your first attempt or were u denied visa previously?

Thank you for your response

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: toutlemonde and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.