Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (679911 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ceazer007: 11:31am On Jul 15, 2022
RaniOpe:

What did they say is the issue?

Maybe ask your program coordinator to help you remind them
Okay thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ceazer007: 11:32am On Jul 15, 2022
Bimffo:

You need to continue to message o.

I think they are the ones that can help you. They are the ones that will send the I20 to you
Okay thanks
But how longs does it takes to receive it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by djsmart(m): 11:49am On Jul 15, 2022
Is there any whatsapp group for Illinois Institute of technology. If Yes, please kindly add 08063660870... Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bimffo(m): 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2022
Ceazer007:

Okay thanks
But how longs does it takes to receive it?

It shouldn't be more than 10 working days
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vahn: 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2022
Bimffo:

I have o. I even added I-20, SIVES fee, a letter from my Graduate school coordinator stating that I am on scholarship, and even Graduate Assistantship Job letter.

The Embassy said they are low on staff and they cannot attend to me.

I was flabbergasted by the reply the Embassy gave me. Now, I must look for dates myself. Already paid 200k to get a date last week. I never see anything o.
Why did you pay to get a date?☹️☹️☹️

Agents are the ones causing this problems

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vahn: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2022
Has anyones EA been Approved in Lagos? Especially those who applied this month?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 1daboi: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2022
Kindly add me to Lagos/Abuja interview WhatsApp group 08037764131
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Veefid: 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2022

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bimffo(m): 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
Vahn:
Why did you pay to get a date?☹️☹️☹️

Agents are the ones causing this problems

Tell me why I won't pay to get a date.

The earliest date is May 23, 2023. My studies start on August 18, 2022.

Tell me what I could have done?

Should I just be waiting and claim someone is the problem or I should get something done?

Because I don't know why you guys are claiming holier than thou.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tasho105(m): 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
[You nailed this question....nuff reapest
quote author=CreativeWeb post=114749342]

He should state the amount he has in his account and assets he has. This amount should cover his living expenses for 6 months to one year.

He should never give any clue that he will be depending on the stipend you may be getting from the school for his upkeep.

If he has investment like real estate and he has tenants paying him, he should state that.

Just convince the VO that he's not going there to be a liability which will make him to start finding ways to work with f2 visa, which is not allowed.[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Boyco: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2022
Abeg i need somebody based on abroad or rather have a dollar account that can pay a 90 dollar application fee for me, i will pay the person back in naira equivalent. Pls its urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by zellfoxx: 5:23pm On Jul 15, 2022
Bimffo:

Should I just be waiting and claim someone is the problem or I should get something done?

This your response is kinda funny. Since you have already paid someone to get a date for you, why are you still having sleepless nights?

It’s one or the other. Time or Money. Since you’ve decided to spend both on one target, why are you complaining?

So far, I believe this thread encourages DIY. If you decide to defend paying an agent to do what the US Embassy explicitly advises against, then do not cry for help if the result you were expecting isn’t forthcoming.

19 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by zellfoxx: 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2022
Boyco:
Abeg i need somebody based on abroad or rather have a dollar account that can pay a 90 dollar application fee for me, i will pay the person back in naira equivalent. Pls its urgent

Google is your friend. Save yourself the stress and get a virtual Barter Dollar Card. Can be done in less than 10 minutes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by princetx(m): 5:33pm On Jul 15, 2022
Good evening all.

I have interview on 19th July, 2022. I used my old international passport which expires October, 2022 to fill DS-160 form, but now I have renewed it. Which should I go to the interview with?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by zellfoxx: 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2022
princetx:
Good evening all.

I have interview on 19th July, 2022. I used my old international passport which expires October, 2022 to fill DS-160 form, but now I have renewed it. Which should I go to the interview with?

Go with both.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenderDesy: 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2022
Hello Everyone

Could you add me to the WhatsApp groups for Lagos interview dates? My number is +2348064589511. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
The benefit of planing and transparency

I see progression here also a very solid STEM.
STEM-STEM that's how they refer to your profile in the USA.
Congratulations and welcome onboard.

sylolo:
F1 Visa Interview Transcript
Date: 8th July 2022.
Lagos.
Time: 9:30am. Got there 9:20am. Finished 10:20am.
We (F1 and F2) presently have B1B2 Visas which was renewed in March 2022.
Me: Good morning. How are you doing today?
VO: Good morning. I am doing well. Thank you

VO: I can see that you are going to UW Madison for your MSc to study Electrical Electronic Engineering.
Me: Yes, I am going to study Electrical Electronic Engineering at the UW Madison.

VO: What is your highest Educational qualification?
Me: I have an MBA from the Lagos Business School. I also have a Bachelor degree in Electrical Electronic Engineering from University of xxxxxx and an Associate degree in Electrical Electronic Engineering from xxxxxxx Polytechnic.

VO: Why another Masters degree?
Me: The MSc. Degree in Electrical Electronic Engineering will provide me with the necessary technical knowledge and skills needed for me to function in my next role as Operations / Service Delivery Director in my Organization. There is presently an energy transition drive from conventional fossil fuels to renewable energy systems by major players in our industry. This drive is done to make available efficient and safe energy sustainability and management.

VO: Where do you work?
Me: I work with xxxxx as Technical Sales Manager responsible for the Process Automation business in West Africa region. I have worked in a similar role with xxxxx, yyyyyy, zzzzz organizations over the past 12 years.

VO: Have you travelled outside the Country before?
Me: Yes, I have travelled five (5) times to the US. Once in 2012. Twice in 2013. Once in 2016 and 2018. My first three trips to the US were work related and the last two trips were personal which were for the birth of my kids.

VO: How do you intend to fund your study abroad?
Me: From my savings. I currently have xxxm set aside for this purpose. I have details of my account statement here with me. Would you like to see this?
VO: No, it’s fine.

VO: Turns to my wife F2 and asked if she will be resigning ?
Wife: No, I will be taking a leave of absence from my work place.

VO: What about the kids?
Me: We will be traveling with them as well.
VO: Oh, you guys are going as family?
Me and Wife: Yes.

VO: Your Visas have been approved. You can pick up in the next five days.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Myfavour22: 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2022
Bimffo:

It’s not about claiming holier than thou Oga, will the agent you paid manufacture date from the sky? Isn’t it the same group checking they do and get wind of new dates?
I’ll advise that you should be patient, dates will definitely pop out in good time.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bimffo(m): 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
zellfoxx:

This your response is kinda funny. Since you have already paid someone to get a date for you, why are you still having sleepless nights?

It’s one or the other. Time or Money. Since you’ve decided to spend both on one target, why are you complaining?

So far, I believe this thread encourages DIY. If you decide to defend paying an agent to do what the US Embassy explicitly advises against, then do not cry for help if the result you were expecting isn’t forthcoming.

Follow the replies I have been giving since and advice me on what will happen? Or what other options I have. Should I forfeit the scholarship?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HaywhyUnusual: 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2022
Guys, what's the ideal answer to "what has changed since ur last interview"?

I was denied early last month and I have my second interview in less than a month, I av gotten another scholarship after my last denial tho, should I just say that or not..

Reason for first denial was home ties.....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HaywhyUnusual: 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2022
In less than a week*
HaywhyUnusual:

I was denied early last month and I have my second interview in less than a month, I av gotten another scholarship after my last denial tho, should I just say that or not..

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by olutund(m): 10:36pm On Jul 15, 2022
Good evening everyone.

I am new here.
Although I have read a lot from previous threads but I am even more confused as regards seeking post-graduate scholarship in the US.

I will finish my youth service in 3 months time.
I am a graduate of Biologybsc. 2.1(second class upper) grade.
I hope to apply for a fully funded masters scholarship program in the U.S.

Honestly, I don’t know where to start from.

I would be grateful, if someone can educate me on this.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CreativeWeb(m): 12:14am On Jul 16, 2022
olutund:
Good evening everyone.

I am new here.
Although I have read a lot from previous threads but I am even more confused as regards seeking post-graduate scholarship in the US.

I will finish my youth service in 3 months time.
I am a graduate of Biologybsc. 2.1(second class upper) grade.
I hope to apply for a fully funded masters scholarship program in the U.S.

Honestly, I don’t know where to start from.

I would be grateful, if someone can educate me on this.

Thank you

You can search on Google "fully funded MS in Biology in US."

I did a small search and discovered that Loyola University, Chicago has a fully funded MS in Biology.

Check their requirements. Get your documents (SoP, CV, transcript, etc) ready. Write GRE or TOEFL if it's required. Or apply for waiver.

You can go through their faculty page and email the professor you will like to work with.

You can research and get like three to four schools that has Biology or molecular biology fully funded MS program. Apply to all of them.

With these in place, you will get admission for 2023.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CreativeWeb(m): 12:18am On Jul 16, 2022
HaywhyUnusual:

If the reason for your initial denial is home ties, then getting another scholarship has not changed anything as it concerns your home tie.

What is it that's strong enough to bring you back to Nigeria? Tell it to VO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Asherbu: 1:45am On Jul 16, 2022
Vahn:
Has anyones EA been Approved in Lagos? Especially those who applied this month?

I haven’t been approved too and when I called they said it’s undergoing approval that I should be patient
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mblog(m): 5:28am On Jul 16, 2022
Bimffo:

I have o. I even added I-20, SIVES fee, a letter from my Graduate school coordinator stating that I am on scholarship, and even Graduate Assistantship Job letter.

The Embassy said they are low on staff and they cannot attend to me.

I was flabbergasted by the reply the Embassy gave me. Now, I must look for dates myself. Already paid 200k to get a date last week. I never see anything o.

Wow....well I will advise you to still search for dates buh at worst you would have to defer you admission...you can always be considered for a graduate Assistantship by your school, they will understand if you give dem reasons why you won't be resuming the fall, also for the sevis fee, you don't have to pay again...as long as your old I-20 contains every details as the new one you would be collecting for the spring, you would have to transfer your sevis fee payment from the previous to the new one you would be getting...it's on the website.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Worktravel: 5:53am On Jul 16, 2022
Basic traveling allowance available ( USD at CBN rate) This is for those with visa and flight ticket
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Faithmoves: 6:28am On Jul 16, 2022
FK2022:
I am looking for an early us visa appointment. I currently have an October 2022 meanwhile school resumes august 2022.
I have been denied emergency appointment request with no reason provided in the email.
Please what is the best time to track the website for date? I will also appreciate if anyone here can add me to the whatsapp groupchat
I am also considering abuja but i do not know how to change my profile to reflect abuja date, can anyne guide me please.
Thank you.

Please i managed to get an emergency date on monday the 18th.. but i still cant find someone in us to pay sevis fees.. please who knows anyone in the US that can use western union online to pay for me.. please will be very grateful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MzWendy: 6:42am On Jul 16, 2022
Asherbu:

I haven’t been approved too and when I called they said it’s undergoing approval that I should be patient

Please can I get have the number or email you used in reaching out to them. I also applied for an EA but no response yet.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Faithmoves: 6:45am On Jul 16, 2022
Faithmoves:

Please i managed to get an emergency date on monday the 18th.. but i still cant find someone in us to pay sevis fees.. please who knows anyone in the US that can use western union online to pay for me.. please will be very grateful

PLEASE ANY OF OUR PEOPLE IN THE US OR ANYONE HERE IN NIGERIA WITH CONTACT IN THE US HELP ME PAY SEVIS FEES USING WESTERN UNION ONLINE... PLEASE LETS CONNECT.. MY APPOINTMENT IS ON MONDAY 18TH..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by jOSHBOYY(m): 7:26am On Jul 16, 2022
Please can someone explain to me how expedited appointment is scheduled. My question is if approved, does the consulate/embassy randomly assigns you a date or you are given a set of dates to choose from? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (531) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: highchiefpee(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.