Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (697071 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eliza12: 7:08pm On Sep 22, 2023
Oh, wow!

But we only just got married last year (our wedding is almost a year now) even though have been together for over 7 years... I went along with picture evidence but the VO didn't even ask about that.

How do you think I can address this issue?
NUELUSA2023:

I think the issue is hometies. You are going to join your husband, and you guys don't have kids. I think she thinks you don't intend to return.

Hopefully others will provide more insight.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by habeeb246(m): 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
Eliza12:
Good evening,

I had my F2 Visa Interview recently and it was delayed.

This was how my conversation with the VO went:

Greetings...

VO- You are F2, you are joining your husband?

Me - Yes.

VO - What do you do?

Me - I am a researcher and I work with xxxx which is a mental health-based organisation that focuses on giving a voice to the mentally challenged...

My duties include investigating mental health cases and...

She interrupted me,

VO. How much do you earn?

Me - I earn 120k/month at ****, I also earn an additional average of 100k from freelance academic and content writing jobs.

She nodded.

VO - "That means you earn 220k in a month."

Me - Then I elaborated, "I earn 120 k per month from **** which is my full time job and I get an average of 100 k from freelance content and academic writing jobs monthly.

VO - That's why I said you get a total of 220k in a month.

Me - yes.

VO - Do you have kids yet?

Me - No, we don't.

VO - Have you ever been to any country outside Nigeria?

Me - No.

VO - How long do you plan to spend in the US?

Me - I plan to spend my 4-week work leave in the US to spend time with my husband and give him physical and emotional support. This period also coincides with the Thanksgiving break and it will afford us the opportunity to spend quality time together before I resume back to work and also before I...

She cuts in again,

VO - okay okay.

Then she paused for long and typed on the system.

VO - "I'm sorry you are not qualified and gave me the blue paper."

Please I would appreciate if anyone could help me figure out where I went wrong... And hopefully, what I should have done differently.
sorry about this Abuja or Lagos ? Is your husband a PhD student or MSc ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eliza12: 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
Thank you🥺

The interview took place in Lagos and my husband is doing his Ph.D.
habeeb246:
sorry about this Abuja or Lagos ? Is your husband a PhD student or MSc ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by jinju27: 8:00am On Sep 23, 2023
Pls fams, what best answer can someone give when asked the question "Why did you change your sponsor"

** I changed my sponsor from my sis and sis in law to my mother, just because I think mom is very much better to use than sis and Sis in law and then I don't have any deficit then but now I have and I didn't have any funding from the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 8:56am On Sep 23, 2023
Pls does anyone know any affordable accommodation around the embassy . I have interview next week Friday 29, I need a place to pass the night on thursday.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Promise61: 11:05am On Sep 23, 2023
Did you change your sponsor on your 1_20 or you changed it on your ds160 form. Am in the same issues with you i used my brother inlaw now i want to use my mother as sponsor.
jinju27:
Pls fams, what best answer can someone give when asked the question "Why did you change your sponsor"

** I changed my sponsor from my sis and sis in law to my mother, just because I think mom is very much better to use than sis and Sis in law and then I don't have any deficit then but now I have and I didn't have any funding from the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Icesnow(f): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
GboyegaD:
For those who may want to change status from within, I will suggest you do it as early as you can and if possible, please use priority request if your new class of visa has that.
Can you change from visiting visa to study visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ebubu: 8:31pm On Sep 23, 2023
Eventus31:
Good day every one.
Please I need assistance, My Wes Evaluation has been completed since 7 June 2023 but I am yet to receive a copy and I reached out to Wes and I was assured it was sent through standard delivery to my location but I haven’t gotten any file. Another one was sent on the 14th of august but still not received it. How do I trace it since standard delivery does not have any tracking information.

Sorry about your predicament. I sincerely pray you find help on here. How much did you pay for your WES evaluation altogether in dollars and which of the evaluation did you do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Icesnow:

Nope!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 9:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
Eventus31:
Good day every one.
Please I need assistance, My Wes Evaluation has been completed since 7 June 2023 but I am yet to receive a copy and I reached out to Wes and I was assured it was sent through standard delivery to my location but I haven’t gotten any file. Another one was sent on the 14th of august but still not received it. How do I trace it since standard delivery does not have any tracking information.

Politely ask them for a tracking number or you visit the nearest post office
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mantics(m): 2:52am On Sep 24, 2023
Eliza12:
Good evening,

Greetings...

Me - Yes.

VO - What do you do?

Me - I am a researcher and I work with xxxx which is a mental health-based organisation that focuses on giving a voice to the mentally challenged...

She interrupted me,

Me - I earn 120k/month at ****, I also earn an additional average of 100k from freelance academic and content writing jobs.

She nodded.

Me - Then I elaborated, "I earn 120 k per month from **** which is my full time job and I get an average of 100 k from freelance content and academic writing jobs monthly.

Me - yes.

Me - No, we don't.

Me - No.

Me - I plan to spend my 4-week work leave in the US to spend time with my husband and give him physical and emotional support. This period also coincides with the Thanksgiving break and it will afford us the opportunity to spend quality time together before I resume back to work and also before I...

She cuts in again,

VO - okay okay.

Please I would appreciate if anyone could help me figure out where I went wrong... And hopefully, what I should have done differently.

Sorry for the delay.
Can you answer the below?

When did your husband get his visa?
Did you have your wedding after the visa issuance?

Did he mentioned during his interview to be married?
Is your husband fully funded? Do you have deficit on I-20 ?

Also when the VO said are you joining your husband, you said Yes and then later said you visiting for 4weeks. I think the VO changed countenance from that first response.

You need to be prepared well next time. If you can join F2 mock sessions too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 4:55am On Sep 24, 2023
Icesnow:

If you have food reasons to justify the change, yes you can.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 5:05am On Sep 24, 2023
Eliza12:
Thank you🥺

The interview took place in Lagos and my husband is doing his Ph.D.

I don't see anything wrong with your answer except that I find some part overly detailed. Just explain the purpose of your visit and remove all those it coinciding with Thanksgiving next time.

Also, no vex, what is emotional and physical support? You can explain without that phrase.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eventus31: 5:40am On Sep 24, 2023
$228 wes Icap
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Alphahauk(m): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2023
Ibks100:

What makes them the best? What aspect of the curriculum in particular? Be specific, these are very vague answers.
And what's your funding like?

I have made a financial plan, I got accepted to pay the in-state fees, also got a graduate assistantship scholarship and my family would also be sponsoring me for the duration of my program
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sophiakosy23: 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
Good afternoon guys ...I really want to appreciate everyone of us here my prayer is that we all will get our visas soon Amen...please am new here pleaseam looking for a fully sponsored scholarship at University of Missouri ...please anyone with this information pls let me know and I don't know how to apply please I would really love a guideline thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sophiakosy23: 12:34pm On Sep 24, 2023
Please this is my number please add me to the USA group 07053588816 THANKS
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sophiakosy23: 12:34pm On Sep 24, 2023
Admin Please this is my number please add me to the USA group 07053588816
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2023
Sophiakosy23:
Good afternoon guys ...I really want to appreciate everyone of us here my prayer is that we all will get our visas soon Amen...please am new here pleaseam looking for a fully sponsored scholarship at University of Missouri ...please anyone with this information pls let me know and I don't know how to apply please I would really love a guideline thanks

Go to your graduate program and the graduate school website to get every needed information.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2023
Greetings everyone, abeg people that has idea of Canada visa process, someone that has been refused a US Study visa twice and is now planning on going to Canada for work. Please will his visa be approved and what is there interview like. Asking for a friend, your kind gesture will help alot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Icesnow(f): 10:11pm On Sep 24, 2023
GboyegaD:

If you have food reasons to justify the change, yes you can.
Okay
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigJune: 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2023
BigJune:
I’m looking for 6 more people to add to a group for appointment date hunt in either Abuja or Lagos..

If you’re interested, kindly send a message to this number -, with the purpose so I can add you up.

This group is full. I’ll appreciate it if I don’t get a text regarding this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Immunity04: 2:52am On Sep 25, 2023
Please I would appreciate any help with reviewing my SOP, it's just two pages 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2023
BigJune:

This group is full. I’ll appreciate it if I don’t get a text regarding this.
Then edit your initial post and this one to remove your number.

Doing what you just did will memorialize your number
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2023
kpukpuyenke:

Please I need help o

I initially chose an appointment date for March 2024

I rescheduled once to January 4th 2024

But now the "Reschedule" option is no longer showing on my portal.
the new policy is you can only reschedule once or twice per MRV i forgotten which
What could be the reason?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pkay28(f): 9:35pm On Sep 25, 2023
Hello my beautiful people, please I need your honest opinions no matter how bitter it sounds.

So my little sister got admission for a 10 month masters in usa in a top 20 school. Please will the 10 months be stamped on her visa?

Will she be able to continue studies say PHd there without coming back?

What's the disadvantages or advantages to this 10month thinh because I personally have no idea .

I am scared of immigration policies cos of this wo mo th that's why I rushed here to seek your honest opinions......

Thank you all in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anyimblessing: 10:55am On Sep 26, 2023
Please add me to the mock group and date search group please

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LudaChriz(m): 1:38pm On Sep 26, 2023
Greetings to the gurus here for the great work you are doing.

For someone with 3.23 GPA in BSc, 4.90 in PGD and 4.69 in MSc, with 2 scopus publication and 1 already accepted, and one Thomson Reuters also accepted (all first author); with about 2 years lecturing experience, what are the chances like for a PhD considering the low BSc GPA

I noticed most US schools emphasize more on BSc GPA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Liamsys: 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2023
Good afternoon great minds.

Kudos for all the good work the gurus in the house are doing.

Please I need someone to help me picture the below profile for a student visa (Master's degree in Accountancy).

BSc: 2022
ICAN: 2018 (Professional & ATS)
SSCE: 2007.
Saving: N5m
Highest COA: $35,000USD
Work experience: 7years+

I have applied to 4 universities for a master's degree in accounting. 3 of the schools have asked me if I will be applying for GA and I have answered yes and filled out a GA application/cover letter for 2 of the schools and waiting for the admission outcomes.

School 1: Spring 2024
School 2: Fall 2024
School 3: Fall 2024
School 4: Fall: 2024

My questions are:
(1) considering my age 37, what are my chances of getting a student visa I've read somewhere that those above 35 years hardly get student visas (i.e. for master's degree level). How true is this?

2. Can I use extended family say an aunt as a sponsor in my i20 form?

Thank you guys.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
Eliza12:
Good evening,

Greetings...

Me - Yes.

VO - What do you do?

She interrupted me,

She nodded.

Me - yes.

Me - No, we don't.

Me - No.

She cuts in again,

VO - okay okay.

2 things. You failed to convince the VO that you have strong enough ties to Nigeria that’ll make you want to return at the end of your visit. Your job is relatively low paying but you told the VO that you make nearly the same freelancing as you do on your job so why wouldn’t the VO consider that you may abandon your job in Nigeria and continue freelancing on the Internet from the US?
Second thing is your monthly salary in comparison to how much money it’ll take to sustain you throughout your visit. Your husband is a student and 4 weeks here will cost the equivalent of 3-4 months worth of your total monthly salary—it seems unsustainable.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 2:43am On Sep 27, 2023
Pkay28:
Hello my beautiful people, please I need your honest opinions no matter how bitter it sounds.

So my little sister got admission for a 10 month masters in usa in a top 20 school. Please will the 10 months be stamped on her visa?

Will she be able to continue studies say PHd there without coming back?

What's the disadvantages or advantages to this 10month thinh because I personally have no idea .

I am scared of immigration policies cos of this wo mo th that's why I rushed here to seek your honest opinions......

Thank you all in advance

1. No one can predict your sister's chances... she'll have to prove to the VO that she is a genuine candidate for a student visa.
2. No she should get the traditional 2-year visa (or whatever the standard visa validity interval is today).
3. Yes, she can extend her stay to a Phd without needing to return to a visa. She will need a new I-20 though.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pkay28(f): 3:12am On Sep 27, 2023
Thanks so much ...

TWoods:

1. No one can predict your sister's chances... she'll have to prove to the VO that she is a genuine candidate for a student visa.
2. No she should get the traditional 2-year visa (or whatever the standard visa validity interval is today).
3. Yes, she can extend her stay to a Phd without needing to return to a visa. She will need a new I-20 though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Kansola01 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.