Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (683835 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 5:09pm On Mar 02
chaiks:
Just got admitted to SDSU. They are offering me 3500 USD scholarship, masters research fund amounting to 10k USD annually, nomination for presidential scholarship which would provide a non-resident tuition waiver for five semesters and then possibilities of other work appointments. I am now in the process of sending my official transcripts. What should I do guys?

Getting the non resident tuition waiver is the real determinant of what you afford.

Submit the documents they requested for.

Also find out when the presidential scholarship would be awarded

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Somatohadidas(m): 5:18pm On Mar 02
dest4real:

That's okay. Does it mean my application has been reviewed already from the message they sent?

It seemed so from ´"no faculty available to take in more students".

I hope you have other applications you are yet to hear from for Fall 2024?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by gbenshe: 6:14pm On Mar 02
SMH

USAfall2024:

Now that back market rate has come down to #1500-1600, US consular should have just maintained their last rate of #1500/$. #1780/$ is too much na, them just like to rip us.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 7:09pm On Mar 02
Thank you. As soon as I complete the "to do list", it will not take long to land the offer letter. I am still trying to figure out if npower loan can suffice.
Taal17:

Getting the non resident tuition waiver is the real determinant of what you afford.

Submit the documents they requested for.

Also find out when the presidential scholarship would be awarded
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bbibbi: 7:24pm On Mar 02
Hello please. I paid my visa fee in 2022 but couldn't get an early appointment, I got march 2024 which I picked . Initially my mrv payment receipt was on the visa appointment page, but I received a mail from them that my appointment was brought to a closer date, that is a day before my former date but my visa payment receipt wasn't on the new appointment portal, the put none there. Does that mean my mrv payment has expired despite the fact that I choose a visa date before
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by deewhydoski(m): 7:34pm On Mar 02
NeonDee:
Mine's being on "first review" since Dec. last year.
Mine na since August last year.
How sure are we that they haven't pick their candidate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 7:39pm On Mar 02
chaiks:
Thank you. As soon as I complete the "to do list", it will not take long to land the offer letter. I am still trying to figure out if npower loan can suffice.
Leave Empower loan out of it.

Let it be your last resort if you have a deficit.

How much is you school fees for the master's anyways..including living expenses
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 7:44pm On Mar 02
USAfall2024:

Now that back market rate has come down to #1500-1600, US consular should have just maintained their last rate of #1500/$. #1780/$ is too much na, them just like to rip us.

Wo none of the rates are good jare

Paying six figures for visa fees no make any sense in a country where monthly salaries get up to 333k. Income above that amount usually means your doing some sort of business of buying and selling to augment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by USAfall2024: 8:13pm On Mar 02
Taal17:

Wo none of the rates are good jare

Paying six figures for visa fees no make any sense in a country where monthly salaries get up to 333k. Income above that amount usually means your doing some sort of business of buying and selling to augment.

Yes, you're right but na naira depreciation cause these high fees. U.S charge $185 for F1 visa in almost all countries so why should they lower this fee for only Nigerians? Some years ago same visa fee was less than 100K so I can't really put all the blame on US consular for this new 333K.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 8:32pm On Mar 02
Taal17:

Leave Empower loan out of it.

Let it be your last resort if you have a deficit.

How much is you school fees for the master's anyways..including living expenses
tuition and expenses is about 35k USD per per. Tuition itself is 10, 252 USD.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dest4real(m): 8:55pm On Mar 02
Somatohadidas:

It seemed so from ´"no faculty available to take in more students".

I hope you have other applications you are yet to hear from for Fall 2024?

I just have one more left. May I ask a question, so you give an honest opinion please?

This:

If they didn't find my application competitive, do you think they'll be willing to recode my application for spring semester? Is it a signal that a potential supervisor has spotted my application and he/she likes it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 10:01pm On Mar 02
chaiks:
tuition and expenses is about 35k USD per per. Tuition itself is 10, 252 USD.
That's not too bad so 10k covers your tuition. Then if you get the non resident tuition you'd have extra funds

Some schools you might be able to access more funding when arrive so you should be fine when you get odd jobs .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 11:29pm On Mar 02
Taal17:

That's not too bad so 10k covers your tuition. Then if you get the non resident tuition you'd have extra funds

Some schools you might be able to access more funding when arrive so you should be fine when you get odd jobs .
exactly. It's not bad sha. I just need to wait for the official details and know what remains.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 11:29pm On Mar 02
At the same time, do mpower fund all programs?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Swerveking14: 12:50am On Mar 03
Don’t dare try it [quote author=charliejose post=128541298][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Swerveking14: 12:52am On Mar 03
[quote author=charliejose post=128541285]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ZeroSpace(m): 2:10am On Mar 03
Please I’m in need of more information as regards the student visa application and a lot of necessary information to enhance its success .

I’m currently trying to apply for pet. Engr. MSC program at university of Louisiana. If there's anyone here that has applied here before or can shed light on this please help.

Thank you

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 3:14am On Mar 03
chaiks:
Their website has all the information you need
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Somatohadidas(m): 3:20pm On Mar 03
dest4real:

I just have one more left. May I ask a question, so you give an honest opinion please?

This:

If they didn't find my application competitive, do you think they'll be willing to recode my application for spring semester? Is it a signal that a potential supervisor has spotted my application and he/she likes it?

It is hard to say yes or no to your question. One, it might be that there might be funding opportunities in the spring for some faculty, that was why they asked that your application be recoded for Spring '25.
Two, it is also dicey as there is no guarantee that these faculty expecting funding would get it by then.

If the program requires you to contact a potential supervisor before handing in your application, and you have done so, it would be easier for you to ask directly if there is solid assurance for Spring '25. If this is not the case with the program, it might be difficult to know that, except you ask the program coordinator.

Overall, it would be advantageous for you to have plans B, C and D, should this falls through. Gaining admissions for graduate studies has become very competitive, and the competitiveness increases every cycle. I wish you the very best in your search.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fabianiyobosa(m): 3:26pm On Mar 03
Hey All,

I hope I can get assistance here.
I got my Bachelors in Comp Science in India.
MS in Economics (Digital Marketing) in Poland.
Currently working as IT Service Desk Analyst for an MSP.
I would love to attend certificate course (20 Months) at Texas State Technical College.
Estimated cost 17K.

Is this ideal or do I just apply for MS in Information Technology?

At the moment, I live with my wife and 2 kids in Europe.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bigbelad: 4:22pm On Mar 03
Hi I’m new here and I need urgent information as regards the student visa application and interview.

I really wish to be added to a WhatsApp group if any to get more information

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MrGovernor21: 5:10pm On Mar 03
ZeroSpace:
Please I’m in need of more information as regards the student visa application and a lot of necessary information to enhance its success .

I’m currently trying to apply for pet. Engr. MSC program at university of Louisiana. If there's anyone here that has applied here before or can shed light on this please help.

Thank you

Be diligent and study the USA visa student thread to get all the information you may have need of.
You should be good afterwards.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:08pm On Mar 03
fabianiyobosa:
Hey All,

I would love to attend certificate course (20 Months) at Texas State Technical College.
Estimated cost 17K.

Hey 🤠

1. There is honest intentions (to study) in your travel history , therefore , your new study destination (US consulate ) might believe you .

2. The 20 Months certificate course is a good one if it's very related to your present job position as well as your post study portfolio, but have it in mind that your visa may likely fall under M1 visa .

3. Either way round , leave your family behind in Europe and apply alone first if you don't want to create doubt .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 9:46pm On Mar 03
Which of the SDSU, is it southdakotastateuniversity? And what is your deficit
chaiks:
Just got admitted to SDSU. They are offering me 3500 USD scholarship, masters research fund amounting to 10k USD annually, nomination for presidential scholarship which would provide a non-resident tuition waiver for five semesters and then possibilities of other work appointments. I am now in the process of sending my official transcripts. What should I do guys?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 9:47pm On Mar 03
fabianiyobosa:
Hey All,

Estimated cost 17K.

Do not go for a certificate course except you intend to return to Poland. I would advise you go for an MS IT program instead. You have better access to opportunities here with an MS.

Also, why are you going to a technical college? Why not search for a better university in the US. Why do you want to spend such amount in a community college. You have a Bachelors and a masters degree, so why are you wanting to attend a community college? This is a huge red flag for visa denial

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 9:52pm On Mar 03
Can someone please tell me why this? I am trying to search for date but this is what it has been showing me.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 10:13pm On Mar 03
Sisib15:
Which of the SDSU, is it southdakotastateuniversity? And what is your deficit
San Diego state university. I don't know my deficit yet. I have sent them my official transcript. Hoping to get the formal offer letter detailing all financial awards and deficits.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 10:19pm On Mar 03
Oh,it kinda of expensive and they usuallydon'thave funding like that
chaiks:
San Diego state university. I don't know my deficit yet. I have sent them my official transcript. Hoping to get the formal offer letter detailing all financial awards and deficits.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 10:25pm On Mar 03
Sisib15:
Can someone please tell me why this? I am trying to search for date but this is what it has been showing me.
You will have to wait for them to approve you to be able to search for date. No way around it. They will send you an email. It takes 72hrs or more most times

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 10:34pm On Mar 03
Sisib15:
Oh,it kinda of expensive and they usuallydon'thave funding like that
I see. Their tuition is like 10k per year from what I saw in their website last year. I just hope they will give me decent offer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phraser: 11:33am On Mar 04
I want to ask if the way I filled the city and state/province section is correct.

Thanks.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by gbenshe: 11:53am On Mar 04
I know about funding for Masters with STEM courses
Check their website for more details

https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/

chaiks:

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (533) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: Abby212, orlahtohbadt(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.