Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (682181 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rsogbuyi: 4:28am On Apr 11
Hello… I am yet to get my I-20 and I haven’t applied for visa yet. Will I still be able to get a date for visa interview? My admission is for Fall 2024

Also, how can I secure an early appointment for visa interview?

Lastly, between Texas Tech University, Texas A and M University and Lamar University, which school is advised to pick? I have an admission offer for the first two already with an out-of-state tuition waiver for both. I’m expecting admission offer from the third school soon and I pray it also comes with scholarship/funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ca55: 10:22am On Apr 11
rsogbuyi:
Hello… I am yet to get my I-20 and I haven’t applied for visa yet. Will I still be able to get a date for visa interview? My admission is for Fall 2024

Lastly, between Texas Tech University, Texas A and M University and Lamar University, which school is advised to pick? I have an admission offer for the first two already with an out-of-state tuition waiver for both. I’m expecting admission offer from the third school soon and I pray it also comes with scholarship/funding

Hi. I got my I-20 yesterday from Texas Tech University for Fall 2024 as well. It didn’t take time after submitting the proof of financial support in the I-20 documentation. I submitted on Monday the 8th and I got the I-20 yesterday, that’s barely two days. If you haven’t submitted, I’ll advise you do that as soon as possible.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kjayy: 10:41am On Apr 11
Please house, I got these dates for visa appointment but my school resumes on the 12th August 2024. The first available date is 8th August. Please what should I do

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rsogbuyi: 10:46am On Apr 11
Hi. Thank you. How many months of bank statement was sent for the I-20?
ca55:

Hi. I got my I-20 yesterday from Texas Tech University for Fall 2024 as well. It didn’t take time after submitting the proof of financial support in the I-20 documentation. I submitted on Monday the 8th and I got the I-20 yesterday, that’s barely two days. If you haven’t submitted, I’ll advise you do that as soon as possible.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rotex111(m): 10:56am On Apr 11
Here are my qualifications, please advise me on what I can add to my qualifications to get fully funded PhD in US.
B.Sc. CGPA 2.99/4
M. SC. 62%
Publication 2 publications from my M.Sc. thesis.
What else can I do to increase my chances ? Thank you all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nunu05: 11:07am On Apr 11
Good day house,
Pls who is got into Seattle University or University of Arizona for Fall 2024
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by linsa01(m): 11:22am On Apr 11
Kjayy:
Please house, I got these dates for visa appointment but my school resumes on the 12th August 2024. The first available date is 8th August. Please what should I do

Pick the date available. Write your school that you may resume latter. Then start searching for another earlier date and reschedule your appointment.

When did you pay for your visa fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teledom1: 11:24am On Apr 11
Hello, Any one going to Morgan State University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by liliberth: 12:45pm On Apr 11
Did you apply?

Teledom1:
Hello, Any one going to Morgan State University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by liliberth: 12:48pm On Apr 11
Can we apply for FAFSA scholarship?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ca55: 1:30pm On Apr 11
rsogbuyi:
Hi. Thank you. How many months of bank statement was sent for the I-20?

You’re welcome.
On the I-20 documentation, they requested to NOT send long statements with history. Just a statement of current balance. I couldn’t get that so I used a week statement.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rsogbuyi: 2:07pm On Apr 11
Thank you
ca55:

You’re welcome.
On the I-20 documentation, they requested to NOT send long statements with history. Just a statement of current balance. I couldn’t get that so I used a week statement.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rsogbuyi: 2:42pm On Apr 11
US student visa fee is now 259k

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Grit2943(m): 2:56pm On Apr 11
rsogbuyi:
US student visa fee is now 259k
That means the adopted exchange rate is $1=#1400
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kjayy: 3:29pm On Apr 11
linsa01:

I paid yesterday. Thanks
Pick the date available. Write your school that you may resume latter. Then start searching for another earlier date and reschedule your appointment.

When did you pay for your visa fee?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Michaelcoolid88: 3:41pm On Apr 11
[quote author=Kjayy post=129384844][/quote]

Omo!!! Made payment almost 2 weeks now and it’s just showing “ Your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed. You will receive an email once your request is approved.”
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by RaniOpe: 3:43pm On Apr 11
Kjayy:

Keep searching for dates , so you can reschedule.
But as someone who had an interview on the 19th of August, when my school resumed on the 22nd, nothing is impossible.
My visa was approved but the V.O asked me to get a letter of extension in one week, or he will reject me. I got the letter that same night because my school and department were very cooperating.
I had a friend who could not get the letter of extension from his school and was rejected.

Your best bet though is to reschedule
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teledom1: 3:45pm On Apr 11
liliberth:
Did you apply?

Yes I did . How about you ?? Did you ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by RaniOpe: 3:45pm On Apr 11
liliberth:

No. Reserved for only Americans

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by liliberth: 3:57pm On Apr 11
No didnt want to as its too late for fall

Teledom1:

Yes I did . How about you ?? Did you ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by liliberth: 3:57pm On Apr 11
Thank you

RaniOpe:

No. Reserved for only Americans
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teledom1: 4:11pm On Apr 11
liliberth:
No didnt want to as its too late for fall

Oh ok ! But their application was still open for international applicants till the first week of April I guess

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greatkenny2: 4:24pm On Apr 11
Grit2943:
That means the adopted exchange rate is $1=#1400
Bro how did you know? I just checked and it's still showing 1800 ie 3330000
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Grit2943(m): 4:40pm On Apr 11
Greatkenny2:

Bro how did you know? I just checked and it's still showing 1800 ie 3330000
Kindly check the link below

https://www.gtbank.com/personal-banking/services/e-banking/us-visa-fees-payment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gist9ja: 4:51pm On Apr 11
F1 Visa is now N259,000. N1,400 for one dollar.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by liliberth: 5:25pm On Apr 11
Yes i think its still is. Was thinkinghowi wouldmeet up

Teledom1:

Oh ok ! But their application was still open for international applicants till the first week of April I guess
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by liliberth: 5:27pm On Apr 11
Would be interested to know if you get admissionas i plan to apply for next session
Teledom1:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 5:28pm On Apr 11
liliberth:
No. only for citizens and LPR.

You can apply for Mpower or Prodigy loan if they list your school or program
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greatkenny2: 5:29pm On Apr 11
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 5:35pm On Apr 11
rsogbuyi:

Hello, I just got a graduate assistantship at Lamar University too. Unfortunately, it doesn’t waive tuition. Just provides instate tuition which is around 4k usd per semester and 12kusd stipend. Is this the same offer you got?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:00pm On Apr 11
Kjayy:
Pick whatever date you can see now or join the groups to search for dates, 60 days to the start of your programme as stated on your I-20 you’ll be eligible to apply for emergency appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rsogbuyi: 6:17pm On Apr 11
I am yet to get an admission offer from Lamar. Can I chat you up on WhatsApp if you don’t mind? I have a lot of questions to ask
Zihno:

Hello, I just got a graduate assistantship at Lamar University too. Unfortunately, it doesn’t waive tuition. Just provides instate tuition which is around 4k usd per semester and 12kusd stipend. Is this the same offer you got?

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: missidy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.