Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,184 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts (20181 Views)

Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) / How Much Does Cataracts Surgery Cost In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 25, 2022
Gkemz:
I respect every lady who doesn't succumb to the pressure of bleaching her skin.

You must be very brilliant. Your line of thought.. "succumb to pressure.."

1 Like

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by perestroika19: 7:58am On Jun 25, 2022
haggai247:
Mj suffered from vitiligo which was given him patches in all his body after that he had an accident with fire when doing advertisment for PepsiCo that burn his hair and scalp from then baba started facelift nose lift everything transplant was a go to the extent the drugs make him look and talk like women.
He was tired and they were working hi like a banshee so he killed the bucket after calling Tony motola a devil.
Bleaching is not a medical solution to vitiligo even if he had it. Michael bleached because he wanted a larger appeal to white folks. Was it also vitiligo that caused him to have several nose jobs? The vitiligo story only emerged after he died so as to change people's narrative and justifying his bleaching

4 Likes

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:01am On Jun 25, 2022
Warldbest:
And one region in Nigeria bleaches most, I forget their name angry
Yoruba girls especially the ones who sell agbo. Only God knows why Yoruba girls bleach when they are all dark and beautiful.
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Itzurboi(m): 8:02am On Jun 25, 2022
toprealman:

It is called window of opportunity defined as the short period of time within which some action can be taken that will achieve a desired outcome.
This is the best time to raise as much publicity about this issue now that a high profile case is involved. Hopefully, the people involved will learn and make necessary adjustment.
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Itzurboi(m): 8:03am On Jun 25, 2022
toprealman:

It is called window of opportunity defined as the short period of time within which some action can be taken that will achieve a desired outcome.
This is the best time to raise as much publicity about this issue now that a high profile case is involved. Hopefully, the people involved will learn and make necessary adjustment.
You are right.
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 25, 2022
07kjb:
I don't eat from any restaurant that the owner bleaches they irritate me honestly

I don't joke with black skin girls,

To the men that BLEACH I always feel like shooting them,low life idiots

But how would you know a bleached skin.. unless you stay away from light skinned girls completely. Some girls bleach good. You'd never know they were once dark. Wish I could post pics of two I know personally.
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by perestroika19: 8:05am On Jun 25, 2022
NigeriaIsDoomed:
I swear! That is why the white see us as monkeys because we have no self worth. I wish the government of Nigeria could ban those chemicals.
Banning it will only make it more expensive and desirable. Tell me one thing that Nigerian government has succeeded in banning. From rice , used tyres , tramadol and codeine

2 Likes

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Thomthom(m): 8:07am On Jun 25, 2022
Searchingvictor:
OK

Somebody should lend me 60k please, I'll pay back in 20k/month for 4 months. I swear, please.
Nigerians no dey pay Debt.. When they collect use am solve problem finish, to pay back Na war, they might even carry you to court self..

1 Like

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:08am On Jun 25, 2022
phemmyfour:
Naija women no dey hear even those in 40-50 age range
My aunty's face is like the devil's own now because of the chemical she used in her youthful days and that is why those bleaching things turn me off.

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Searchingvictor: 8:09am On Jun 25, 2022
Thomthom:
Nigerians no dey pay Debt.. When they collect use am solve problem finish, to pay back Na war, they might even carry you to court self..

Mine will be different boss. Anything you want me to provide and I have it, I'll get them. Please boss.
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by perestroika19: 8:09am On Jun 25, 2022
nighter:

What causes liver disease?
Overworking your liver by uncontrolled usage of drugs and alcohol
I think he's actually saying there would more liver failure because of various mixtures people now drink. From energy drinks to manpower drinks and various alcoholic drinks

2 Likes

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Thomthom(m): 8:09am On Jun 25, 2022
wilcox:

This story about MJ wanting to be white is absolutely wrong, he was suffering from a particular disease that gave him patches in his skin, so he had to bleach his skin.
Since them Born me this is the first time I dey hear this one
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Quiny32323: 8:11am On Jun 25, 2022
Itzurboi:
Why do i think the message is for ekweremadu's daughter...

Wanted to say it when I saw her but I kpichikom my bucka cavity.
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by perestroika19: 8:11am On Jun 25, 2022
Thomthom:
Since them Born me this is the first time I dey hear this one
It's not true. The story was only put out there after his death to give him posthumous appeal
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:13am On Jun 25, 2022
Stop being ignorant about Michael Jackson. Do not follow the media hype. The man had proven vitiligo that his doctors and the forensic autopsy testify to. There are many people who naturally change their skin tone as a result of medical issues. When you use examples, ensure to capture legit facts and not trends.
helinues:
Inferiority complex is what is making them to bleach

Some blacks want to look like white e.g Michael Jackson but I am yet to see or read about a while bleaching to black

1 Like

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Angelfrost(m): 8:24am On Jun 25, 2022
“We can maintain a very beautiful, lovely, attractive skin colour without bleaching our skin by eating a balanced diet, regular intake of fruits and vegetables, adequate rest and engaging in regular exercise."

This is what I tell people every single day! Even if you have been darkened by excess sun exposure, bleaching is not the right way to get your color back... Less exposure, moisturizing, sleep, diet can get your color back naturally.

1 Like

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by ihimiray(m): 8:25am On Jun 25, 2022
judedwriter:
I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
— Songs of Solomon 1:5

Now if Solomon wasn't ashamed of his black skin why would our black skinned ladies battle with inferiority complex?
go and read that part again... Solomon wasn't black.but the woman who was praising hm

1 Like

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Elock1: 8:26am On Jun 25, 2022
helinues:

Some blacks want to look like white e.g Michael Jackson but I am yet to see or read about a while bleaching to black
Oga don't just jump and talk nonsense because you want to feel like you are informed... Who told you MJ wantrd to be like the whites?

Have you ever heard of the disease called vitiligo?
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Itzurboi(m): 8:31am On Jun 25, 2022
Quiny32323:

Wanted to say it when I saw her but I kpichikom my bucka cavity.
It reminded me of that adage, witch cry for night, pikin die for morning... we know sey nah the witch dem dey talk to.
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 25, 2022
perestroika19:

Overworking your liver by uncontrolled usage of drugs and alcohol
I think he's actually saying there would more liver failure because of various mixtures people now drink. From energy drinks to manpower drinks and various alcoholic drinks

I always marvel at those who depend on these drinks for survival. Even the so called energy drinks... I scoff. Anything that isn't close to organic I don't put in my body. I've never taken energy drink before and I never will.

I could take lucozade boost cos it's recommended for kids. But you see all these adult energy booster drinks, never. If I have to take energy drinks for strength, then it means I'm not fit medically, something is wrong somewhere.

I had jaundice as an infant and I know it's a liver problem issue. It's why I wanted to know if there are other known causes apart from what Google tells us.

I remember the last time I took ill, everyone kept insisting it was typhoid cos it kept relapsing. I told them I can never have typhoid cos I don't eat roadside food and I wash my utensils like I just picked them from the incinerator.

Even when the doctor recommended typhoid test, I told him I was sure I don't have typhoid. Well the test came out negative for typhoid and positive for malaria. Just malaria.

1 Like

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Mightysomadina88: 8:34am On Jun 25, 2022
Guys I seriously need a job waeec holder distance not a barrier 09122703040

1 Like

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by swissgoldenpro2: 8:35am On Jun 25, 2022
This is true
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Narijoel(m): 9:20am On Jun 25, 2022
Elock1:

Oga don't just jump and talk nonsense because you want to feel like you are informed... Who told you MJ wantrd to be like the whites?

Have you ever heard of the disease called vitiligo?
Dropping this for ignorant peeps like that fellow who in 2022 still believe Michael Jackson changed his skin because he wanted to be white!

Read and learn
https://twitter.com/moonwaIkbae/status/1523462028031328256?t=Fsa3tLgPC1s4-s7uWBEfaQ&s=19
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Romanoff(f): 9:22am On Jun 25, 2022
AndyCole16:

Stop covering your face na embarassed embarassed

I dey quick vex ooo cheesy

Wetin u wan see?
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Adex2442: 10:17am On Jun 25, 2022
Pacyrus:
My Edo people just left the thread. Bleaching of the skin has been so rampant in Edo State, most especially in Benin City; be it male or female.

You never visit Ogun state I think. HQ of organic creams

1 Like

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by ThatsONYI: 10:43am On Jun 25, 2022
szczescie:
Gbam gbam

Let me advice the good people of naira land

The world will learn to adjust; just be yourself, keep your hair the way it is, in time we all will be forced to get used to it.

As a man the first time you cut your hair skin cut or Moro Moro, Sekura, bololo etc people will laugh but by the time they see the head 2 to 3 times they’ll get used to it and even like it case in view 2face, Dwayne the rock Johnson and so on

If we as Africans have been rocking our natural hair since the 80’s by now we will be seeing it as normal we won’t see our natural hair as unkempt or hair of hoodlums and vagabonds. We only see our natural hair this way because our schools retained our colonial masters indoctrination the funny thing is those colonial masters are dead and gone but our schools still shave students hair, imagine a school in USA shaving a black kids hair because they don’t like the hairstyle imagine what would happen it would make breaking news the school will apologize people (the teacher responsible or the school administrators) will be sacked but we here we do it because we still have that inferiority Complex we inherited from our parents that they were given by the colonial masters

Think about it a white mans hair can never be too long or too stylish to be seen as unprofessional but black man with corn row or dread or even hair that is mini Afro those very small ones is seen as unprofessional where did we get it from? Even when the hair is not have the length as the white mans hair.

If you schooled with whites in Nigeria you’ll understand what I mean better all those “all the girls must plait xyz hair “ did not affect them.
All the “boys make sure you cut your hair, I don’t want to see nonsense hairstyles” didn’t affect them
So I believe that’s part of the problem because what message were acts like that sending to us all

Away from that; Me as a man I and many of my friends do not know the difference between Brazilian, Peruvian etc
I don’t know the value, their cost and what they worth.
All I know is I don’t find that space between your wig and forehead attractive at all.

If you keep your natural hair, your natural skin colour we will be forced to get used to it, but if you make us get used to wigs any day we see your real hair we will laugh. If you force us to get used to seeing your bleached skin any day you stop bleaching and it reverts or you over bleach and start shining red and green we will laugh.

Everybody should not and must not be the same colour with the same hair texture be yourself it is cheaper and healthier.

Maybe no one has told you before so let me tell you now; I as a man find Afro, corn rows, all back and so on to be much more attractive and appealing than those hair you wear and remove like cap

I find normal colour skin follow come more attractive than the bleached skin we have become used to seeing now

So if it is “man” you are doing it for men like me do not care. Stop wearing hair, stop bleaching skin.

shocked

Absolutely brilliant! You spoke my mind, like how's a Caucasian's hair seen as normal and mine, bushy ffs?

Mental slavery cry

2 Likes

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Toriagirl(f): 10:43am On Jun 25, 2022
I don't really know why people are feeling so insecure about their skin.

1 Like

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by SyrusdeHansome(m): 11:04am On Jun 25, 2022
Angel55555:

Exactly, the Internet is free just Google it, he had a skin disorder
You're correct, sir
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Akposkiz: 11:39am On Jun 25, 2022
Ok correct!
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Shevi443: 11:56am On Jun 25, 2022
It will amaze you that we now have bleaching babies in Africa dark dad and mom giving birth to white kids with no medical report of some syndromes omo many kids will die early with kidney or cancer disease my brother and sister try warn your family members to stop that act they are harming there baby

1 Like

Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by Raychee(f): 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
*puking emoji*
Re: Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts by adedayoa2(f): 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2022
helinues:

whites don't bleach to black, they tan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus / Aju Mbaise A Natural Remedy For Bellyfat / COVID-19: Members Of Ramaphosa's Team Evacuated From Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.