Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days (12526 Views)

How Much Are You Buying A Litre Of Petrol In Your Area? / NNPC To Nigerians: Avoid Panic Buying, We Have 1.7bn Litres Of Petrol In Stock / Saraki: It’s Criminal To Say Nigerians Consume Over 50m Litres Of PMS Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Ojuntana: 7:27am On Jun 25, 2022
Bobloco:
They should also let us know how many litres of petrol get smuggled out through our northern borders into countries like Niger,chad, Cameroon even up to Mali
Learn to read and understand properly before you comment. It is this narrative of smuggling the investigation by daily trust is exposing to be a lie.
It's a narrative being pushed by those who are profiting from the fuel importation scam.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Okarakwu: 7:28am On Jun 25, 2022
Don't vote in Thieves again ..that's the value
Amotekun777:
OK?

What value does this foolish info. adds to the average 9ja? angry
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 25, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

Yes I know

Then you should not have said 98% of fuel is smuggled to Niger.

Smuggling happens on all borders. It happens because all our neighbours sell fuel above N350 (Benin and Cameroon are N400-10 per liter now). Smugglers do the math.
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 25, 2022
popes001:
Porous,ill manned and unmanned borders. More like west Africa consumes 2bln litres of petrol in 28days.

Remove subsidy, and all that smuggling would fall to zero.
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by KingOfTheDamned: 7:29am On Jun 25, 2022
subsidywise18:

Then you should not have said 98% of fuel is smuggled to Niger.

Smuggling happens on all borders. It happens because all our neighbours sell fuel above N350 (Benin and Cameroon are N400-10 per liter now). Smugglers do the math.

Dude are you dense ? I worked in the down stream I know all about azman, maitalo, AA Rano etc and where all there 44k liter trucks smuggle the fuel to...
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Ojuntana: 7:30am On Jun 25, 2022
cenaman:
Half of the product is either hoard or smuggled to neighbouring countries.
The article says fuel consumption by neighbouring countries is less than 10m so smuggling can't take half
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 25, 2022
Generators on the beat! But this sounds like a Scam and a fat lies..
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Hydroxide(m): 7:30am On Jun 25, 2022
I don't believe any news from this govt anymore. Beside that, if there was light, the numbers will definitely reduced. But no light at home, at the place of work. People need light to run their businesses.
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Cantona05: 7:31am On Jun 25, 2022
65% of 2b litres is powered generator.from experience I used 3l to for my car to and fro my office,and uses 10litres to run gen for 12hours of every day.#giveuselectricity
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Okoroawusa: 7:32am On Jun 25, 2022
Fuel subsidy is suffocating the Nigerian economy.....
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 25, 2022
Ojuntana:

Learn to read and understand properly before you comment. It is this narrative of smuggling the investigation by daily trust is exposing to be a lie.
It's a narrative being pushed by those who are profiting from the fuel importation scam.

Erm, the importers are actually benefiting from the smuggling. Cheap way of making money.

Plus, smuggling is happening.

I mean, assuming I live on the border with Benin, Niger and Cameroon..where fuel costs between N350-400 per liter....I can buy fuel at N165 per liter in a 50 liter jerrycan, carry it across the border , and sell to someone there at N250-300, and pocket a neat profit.

(I even confrnted a nairalander who was lamenting that the border closures of 2019 hampered his 'business of taking fuel to benin').

If smallies are doing that, imagine what the big bossses are doing....
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Oshodipikin: 7:34am On Jun 25, 2022
A total ban on combustion or vehicles using PMS starts in 7 years time.....2030 in THE UK.

Yet none is thinking....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by sao09: 7:36am On Jun 25, 2022
Alternatives to depending on petrol.
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 25, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

Dude are you dense ? I worked in the down stream I know all about azman, maitalo, AA Rano etc and where all there 44k liter trucks smuggle the fuel to...

Well, the same smuggling happens in the Southern borders too...not just the North. (I even confronted one nairalander here who admitted to carrying fuel across the border to Benin. I have also seen comments here that smuggled fuel is a big hit in Cameroon and Ghana..including an old comment from another nairalander about how Ghana was benefitting from smuggled fuel in 2012.

Arbitrage.

Plus, I am not denying smuggling happens in the Nawth...it just confirms my point that subsidy is costing us too much. Remove the subsidy and all the smuggling would stop..since we won't have massive price differential...plus Dangote and the other private refineries would be able to export legally..and earn everyone of us millions in dollars (including our neighbors).

P.S I don't appreciate you calling me 'dense' .If abuse is your game, I am not playing.
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:39am On Jun 25, 2022
Fix electricity, they won’t learn
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Ojuntana: 7:40am On Jun 25, 2022
subsidywise18:

Erm, the importers are actually benefiting from the smuggling. Cheap way of making money.

Plus, smuggling is happening.

I mean, assuming I live on the border with Benin, Niger and Cameroon..where fuel costs between N350-400 per liter....I can buy fuel at N165 per liter in a 50 liter jerrycan, carry it across the border , and sell to someone there at N250-300, and pocket a neat profit.

(I even confrnted a nairalander who was lamenting that the border closures of 2019 hampered his 'business of taking fuel to benin').

If smallies are doing that, imagine what the big bossses are doing....
Checks by Daily Trust Saturday showed that the daily consumption of petrol by the six countries bordering Nigeria, which are the possible smuggling destinations, as alleged by the Nigerian petroleum agencies, does not exceed 10m litres per day.
“Moreover, to smuggle, say, 53 million litres of petrol out of Nigeria everyday, would require 2,121 tankers and they will have to be moving every day for 30 days or so. How can they have free access to the borders every day? The borders will be congested and if they are following illegal routes, the humongous traffic of 63,636 tankers moving out every month will easily give them away to security operatives,” said the official.

Did you read this part or you're just peddling your bias that is not grounded on any fact?
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by dallyemmy: 7:40am On Jun 25, 2022
Panic buying
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 25, 2022
Ojuntana:

Did you read this part or you're just peddling your bias that is not grounded on any fact?

I did.

Smuggling does not happen all via tankers...ye know....
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by KingOfTheDamned: 7:41am On Jun 25, 2022
subsidywise18:

Well, the same smuggling happens in the Southern borders too...not just the North. (I even confronted one nairalander here who admitted to carrying fuel across the border to Benin. I have also seen comments here that smugglied fuel is a big hit in Cameroon and Ghana..including an old comment from another nairalander about how Ghana was benefitting from smuggled fuel in 2012.

Arbitrage.

Plus, I am not denying smuglling happens in the Nawth...it just confirms my point that subsidy is costing us too much. Remove the subsidy and all the smuggling would stop..since we won't have massive price differential...plus Dangote and the other private refineries would be able to export legally..and earn everyone of us millions in dollars (including our neighbours).

P.S I don't appreciate you calling me 'dense' .If abuse is your game, I am not playing.
Smuggling of petroleum products has primarily been a Northen business for decades and still is. It is the Hausa man's business and you can't get into it as a southerner, they will use immigration and customs to wreck your life.

Those northern marketers I mentioned have those huge capacity trucks fleets for smuggling petroleum products through Nigerians borders . They use their 44000 liter and 50000.liter trucks to do this...

The Hausa man benefits from fraud and corrupt systems this is why they are kciking the most against subsidy removal

PS I didn't abuse you, I asked if you were dense. It is not the same as calling you dense
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by KingOfTheDamned: 7:42am On Jun 25, 2022
subsidywise18:

Well, the same smuggling happens in the Southern borders too...not just the North. (I even confronted one nairalander here who admitted to carrying fuel across the border to Benin. I have also seen comments here that smugglied fuel is a big hit in Cameroon and Ghana..including an old comment from another nairalander about how Ghana was benefitting from smuggled fuel in 2012.

Arbitrage.

Plus, I am not denying smuglling happens in the Nawth...it just confirms my point that subsidy is costing us too much. Remove the subsidy and all the smuggling would stop..since we won't have massive price differential...plus Dangote and the other private refineries would be able to export legally..and earn everyone of us millions in dollars (including our neighbours).

Smuggling of petroleum products has primarily been a Northen business for decades and still is. It is the Hausa man's business and you can't get into it as a southerner, they will use immigration and customs to wreck your life.

Those northern marketers I mentioned have those huge capacity trucks fleets for smuggling petroleum products through Nigerians borders . They use their 44000 liter and 50000.liter trucks to do this...

The Hausa man benefits from fraud and corrupt systems this is why they are kciking the most against subsidy removal

PS I didn't abuse you, I asked if you were dense. It is not the same as calling you dense ..
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 25, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

PS I didn't abuse you, I asked if you were dense. It is not the same as calling you dense

Ok, since you are too dense to see my point, good morning.
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Franking: 7:45am On Jun 25, 2022
Cars and generators.
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Brushstrokes20: 7:46am On Jun 25, 2022
Stupidest lie from the pit of hell! undecided
The lifeless scammer and his insatiable kleptomaniac cohorts are CHRONIC THIEVES who are hell bent on sinking the shithole beyond redemption undecided
Nig urgently needs a SANE AND SOUND and SINCERE LEADER!
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2022
Ojuntana:

Modified...

For your reading pleasure

1.How smuggled petrol from Nigeria floods Niger, Cameroon, Benin

2.State collusion perpetrates smuggling across Nigeria-Cameroon borders.
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Ojuntana: 7:50am On Jun 25, 2022
subsidywise18:

I did.

Smuggling does not happen all via tankers...ye know....
Enlighten me
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by KingOfTheDamned: 7:51am On Jun 25, 2022
subsidywise18:

Ok, since you are too dense to see my point, good morning.

Ah you have concluded I am dense without even 5akimg the time to ascertain this? At least I did inquire if you were dense based on the rather cretinous reasoning and mentally handicapped cognitive ability you were showing hence I had to inquire if you were dense.

Alas now you have affirmed my earlier suspicion that you are indeed a truly stupid individual who is probably drooling all over his phone as he reads this like a schizophrenic nonentity.

You have my sympathy. Imbecìle
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 25, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

Ah you have concluded I am dense without even 5akimg the time to ascertain this? At least I did inquire if you were dense based on the rather cretinous reasoning and mentally handicapped cognitive ability you were showing hence I had to inquire if you were dense.

Alas now you have affirmed my earlier suspicion that you are indeed a truly stupid individual who is probably drooling all over his phone as he reads this like a schizophrenic nonentity.

You have my sympathy. Imbecìle

Good morning. You said that being called dense was not an insult.

So, I assumed it wasn't and when I called you dense, you start crying and shouting.

Next time, do be more calm. You started the abuse game, now you can't play it no more.

Have a good day.
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Metrofox(m): 7:52am On Jun 25, 2022
grin
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 25, 2022
Ojuntana:

Enlighten me

I quoted you earlier, and sent you two links to articles.
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by KingOfTheDamned: 7:53am On Jun 25, 2022
subsidywise18:

Good morning. You said that being called dense was not an insult.

So, I assumed it wasn't and when I called you dense, you start crying and shouting.

Next time, do be more calm. You started the abuse game, now you can't play it no more.

Have a good day.

I asked you if you were dense based on your infantile comments , I didn't call.you dense and you went on to call me dense.

Are you too dense to understand this very obvious difference?

Wow. Are you struggling with a cognitive handicapp of sorts ?
Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 25, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

I asked you if you were dense based on your infantile comments , I didn't call.you dense and you went on to call me dense.

Are you too dense to understand this very obvious difference?

Wow. Are you struggling with a cognitive handicapp of sorts ?

Re: Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days by bizzibodi(m): 7:55am On Jun 25, 2022
Without a single functional refinery,Lawd help us! cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Speakership: Doguwa, Olawuyi & Yelleman Step Down For Tajudeen Abbas / Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? / Udom Emmanuel And Makarfi At Flag-off Of LG Elections In Uyo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.