Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? (12518 Views)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by TRUTHTELA: 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
Mass PROTEST is on the way, cos SUBSIDY has been removed. BokoHaram has issued a three day Ultimatum for people to head back to their various regions. I forsee Jonathan going the same ROUTE with Ironsi or heading for EXILE. What do you for see?
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by koruji(m): 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
No, Nigeria is heading towards its natural state. Many separate nations.

Tell the military boys to back off - will you cool cool cool cool
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by TRUTHTELA: 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
They only want to make sure people get to their destinations safely.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by TRUTHTELA: 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ Koruji, The Northerners ruled Nigeria for almost 50 yrs, and they will soon be back, cos every Southern president makes the his Northern counterparts look like a SAINT.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
Not possible with the level of security President of Nigeria now have especially GEJ.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by koruji(m): 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
No kidding!!! The only thing that will be back is war.

TRUTHTELA:

@ Koruji, The Northerners ruled Nigeria for almost 50 yrs, and they will soon be back, cos every Southern president makes the his Northern counterparts look like a SAINT.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Gbawe: 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Not possible with the level of security President of Nigeria now have especially GEJ.

Unfortunately ,  very naive. They don't need to harm GEJ (and I sincerely hope they don't) to take power off him. When the clear identification is made of the 'bogeyman', then everyone is united in forgetting certain things all in aid of removing this 'ogre'. Even recent history showed us how Libyans, Western Nation and the world at large got behind racist rebels controlled by men who have spent their lives in the military like Ghaddafi. No one asked any questions because all agreed Ghaddafi had to go. When all are in agreement, because of suffering everyone can feel with zero "palliatives" in sight, that GEJ has to go, it will be obvious what people power can achieve if harnessed properly.

No one, after circa three months of suffering, for example will hate those who depose GEJ and immediately reinstate subsidy of N240 billion (the original approved NASS figure) limited to the original major marketers while the fraudulent "independent" marketers who swelled subsidy to N1.4 trillions are paraded in public with a clear establishment of how they actually scammed Nigeria, through round tripping, over-invoicing, redirecting locally refined oil back to Nigeria as "imported" fuel. All this done in collaboration with the NNPC  controlled by the Petroleum Minister and the Government of the day. There is far too much slackness , the sort to justify all kinds of "desperate actions for desperate times", going on under GEJ. There will be grave reperrcussions.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^ thruthtela,u be nostrademus? gej knows what he is doing.he is the last president of nigeria the way it is currently structured.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by koruji(m): 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
I don't even think he has 3 months - maybe 1 month. A military intervention might gladden some poeple at first, but will be immediately followed by insurgency.

Surel, GEJ cannot be that morose to allow things to fester this way.

Gbawe:

Unfortunately , very naive. They don't need to harm GEJ (and I sincerely hope they don't) to take power off him. When the clear identification is made of the 'bogeyman', then everyone is united in forgetting certain things all in aid of removing this 'ogre'. Even recent history showed us how Libyans, Western Nation and the world at large got behind racist rebels controlled by men who have spent their lives in the military like Ghaddafi. No one asked any questions because all agreed Ghaddafi had to go. When all are in agreement, because of suffering everyone can feel with zero "palliatives" in sight, that GEJ has to go, it will be obvious what people power can achieve if harnessed properly.

No one, after circa three months of suffering, for example will hate those who depose GEJ and immediately reinstate subsidy of N240 billion (the original approved NASS figure) limited to the original major marketers while the fraudulent "independent" marketers who swelled subsidy to N1.4 trillions are paraded in public with a clear establishment of how they actually scammed Nigeria, through round tripping, over-invoicing, redirecting locally refined oil back to Nigeria as "imported" fuel. All this done in collaboration with the NNPC controlled by the Petroleum Minister and the Government of the day. There is far too much slackness , the sort to justify all kinds of "desperate actions for desperate times" moves, going on under GEJ. There will be grave reperrcussions.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by TRUTHTELA: 3:57pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Chima, I'm NOT Nostrademus, but I'll tell you this Nigeria is GUN RUNNERS WET DREAMS. They can't wait to explore the market. FYI, Gun runners will inherit this EARTH,cos everybody else is busy killing each other.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
nigeria is surely gunrunners wet dreams,just as the west has her dreams about nigeria,hope you do not think their 2015 split prediction is a coincidence.they simply laid out their plan for nigeria and called it a prediction.I support a disintegration of nigeria,therefore I am for the actualization of the 2015 prediction.Just my personal opinion.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by TRUTHTELA: 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Chima12, Are you going to blame the West, for Nigeria's failure, Simply cos they predicted it ? ThAT WON'T BE fair. Do you blame the WEATHERMAN, when his weather forecast becomes a reality? Blaming others in our daily lives is the easiest thing to do. Remember this, Adam BLAMED Eve, and Eve BLAMED the serpent. People should learn to ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITIES.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
events can change in a blink of an eye. now fuel price increases means increase in transport fare. many easterners and southerns will want to come back but with the impending doom, nlc strike, many can not come. And if these terrorists say they will bomb again, they will bomb. What will the result of this be? Your guess is as good as mine. GEJ will Flee!
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by TRUTHTELA: 4:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^ Yea, what people brought upon themselves cos someone said his name is GOODLUCK & a nation over 150 million people swallowed HOOK, LINE & SINKER. Incredible. China does not know what DEMOCRACY is, yet they have lifted millions of their people out of POVERTY. Nigerians should choose what's best for them, cos these guys are too GREEDY to represent them SELFLESSLY.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by philip0906(m): 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^
+100
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Samy1: 7:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
Never ever blame Jonathan. What do you expect from somebody
who is a Titular or Figure Head?

The substructure of Nigeria is weak and so, the superstructure is precarious
and unreliable.

There is great confusion in the land now but Lord will have mercy.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by sheyguy: 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
Gej is definitely towing Ironsi' path.
Like '66 a southerner has stepped on the toes of the Northerners while betraying the trust of his northern PDP member by breaking their eight yrs turn by turn transfer of power btw the North and South agreement, he is pretending to av done nothing wrong while trying to please the north subtly. Just like 1966 the west is still very much out of the picture and the East seem to be supporting him (dont 4get they voted 4 him than any other region).
The fuel subsidy issue has only drawn Nigerians away from him.
Like 66 he still has the support of his pple, and they are ready to stick with him.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by sheyguy: 7:56pm On Jan 02, 2012
But unlike in 66 Asari dokubo doesn't av the wisdom and chasm of Ojukwu and i dont see beaf showing up to play the ojukwu role succesfully neither . . . Lol
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by TRUTHTELA: 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
Jonathan claimed that he did'nt have shoes when he was a little boy, in HINDSIGHT,it goes to show that he WAS & is a DUNCE, for not being CREATIVE on how he can have something to wear on his feet. Smh
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by LoveKing(m): 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
its getting clear every day. unless something drastic is done
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Onlytruth(m): 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2012
Gbawe:

Unfortunately ,  very naive. They don't need to harm GEJ (and I sincerely hope they don't) to take power off him. When the clear identification is made of the 'bogeyman', then everyone is united in forgetting certain things all in aid of removing this 'ogre'. Even recent history showed us how Libyans, Western Nation and the world at large got behind racist rebels controlled by men who have spent their lives in the military like Ghaddafi. No one asked any questions because all agreed Ghaddafi had to go. When all are in agreement, because of suffering everyone can feel with zero "palliatives" in sight, that GEJ has to go, it will be obvious what people power can achieve if harnessed properly.

And you really believe that this can ever happen in Nigeria?
Is it how simplistic Nigeria appears to you?
Some of you will soon learn FOR THE FIRST TIME about the true nature of the Nigerian nation.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by houvest: 10:53pm On Jan 02, 2012
Even though people are sore about the oil subsidy removal, If anything happens to GEJ or his presidency that is not via the ballot box, believe me that will hasten the end of Nigeria as we know it.

Gbawe:

Unfortunately , very naive. They don't need to harm GEJ (and I sincerely hope they don't) to take power off him. When the clear identification is made of the 'bogeyman', then everyone is united in forgetting certain things all in aid of removing this 'ogre'. Even recent history showed us how Libyans, Western Nation and the world at large got behind racist rebels controlled by men who have spent their lives in the military like Ghaddafi. No one asked any questions because all agreed Ghaddafi had to go. When all are in agreement, because of suffering everyone can feel with zero "palliatives" in sight, that GEJ has to go, it will be obvious what people power can achieve if harnessed properly.

No one, after circa three months of suffering, for example will hate those who depose GEJ and immediately reinstate subsidy of N240 billion (the original approved NASS figure) limited to the original major marketers while the fraudulent "independent" marketers who swelled subsidy to N1.4 trillions are paraded in public with a clear establishment of how they actually scammed Nigeria, through round tripping, over-invoicing, redirecting locally refined oil back to Nigeria as "imported" fuel. All this done in collaboration with the NNPC controlled by the Petroleum Minister and the Government of the day. There is far too much slackness , the sort to justify all kinds of "desperate actions for desperate times", going on under GEJ. There will be grave reperrcussions.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by kettykin: 11:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ poster , like in 1966 the south west is still warming up , speaking from both sides of the mouth , vauting operation totality while fielding VPS to northern candidates , waiting behind the scenes to play ou the morther of all Betrayals (Betrayals no dey tire them) (some few weeks back they paraded the funniest carnival of women in men's form carrying arms around lagos threathening to shoot at nothing in particular)

God will help those who will fall for their Antics .
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Gbawe: 11:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

And you really believe that this can ever happen in Nigeria?
Is it how simplistic Nigeria appears to you?
Some of you will soon learn FOR THE FIRST TIME about the true nature of the Nigerian nation.

keep watching buddy. We will see who has overestimated their touted strenght within a Nigeria where the stomach, and not enduring principles, is king[b] today[/b]. Boko Haram has been butchering Nigerians from all walks of life so far. What has been the reaction of those who vacuously make noise about their 'powermen' strenght on the net? Where was the immediate burning of Mosques after the Christmas attack to indicate a readiness for t.i.t-for-tat and we-wont-take-it-lying-down people like you tout?

Right now, the "owners of Nigeria" will do and undo , plus give the lead, while all Nigeria will follow as is the case so far !!! Many of you don't seem to understand that events on the ground has overtaken the history you so much hold on to and assume other share feverishly , as dogmatic mantra, with you.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Gbawe: 11:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
houvest:

Even though people are sore about the oil subsidy removal, If anything happens to GEJ or his presidency that is not via the ballot box, believe me that will hasten the end of Nigeria as we know it.

Let us wait and see.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by houvest: 11:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
Gbawe:

Let us wait and see.

Deal.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Beaf: 11:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
Gbawe:

Unfortunately ,  very naive. They don't need to harm GEJ (and I sincerely hope they don't) to take power off him. When the clear identification is made of the 'bogeyman', then everyone is united in forgetting certain things all in aid of removing this 'ogre'. Even recent history showed us how Libyans, Western Nation and the world at large got behind racist rebels controlled by men who have spent their lives in the military like Ghaddafi. No one asked any questions because all agreed Ghaddafi had to go. When all are in agreement, because of suffering everyone can feel with zero "palliatives" in sight, that GEJ has to go, it will be obvious what people power can achieve if harnessed properly.

No one, after circa three months of suffering, for example will hate those who depose GEJ and immediately reinstate subsidy of N240 billion (the original approved NASS figure) limited to the original major marketers while the fraudulent "independent" marketers who swelled subsidy to N1.4 trillions are paraded in public with a clear establishment of how they actually scammed Nigeria, through round tripping, over-invoicing, redirecting locally refined oil back to Nigeria as "imported" fuel. All this done in collaboration with the NNPC  controlled by the Petroleum Minister and the Government of the day. There is far too much slackness , the sort to justify all kinds of "desperate actions for desperate times", going on under GEJ. There will be grave reperrcussions.

This is how your chaotically stup!d protest that is not backed by a single shred of philosophy or ideology will go:

[list]
[li]There will be major protests in Lagos and the far-North[/li]
[li]All protests will be led by dissidents and opposition figures[/li]
[li]There will be fewer or no protests in the SE/SS where the oil comes from (this is a point that cannot be overemphasised)[/li]
[li]You people will be grouped as political desperados willing to tear Nigeria apart to suit your personal and ethnically centred goals[/li]
[li]Coupled with the threats from boko haram, you will be seen as a security threat and haters of progress[/li]
[/list]

Seen?
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Gbawe: 12:07am On Jan 03, 2012
Beaf:

This is how your chaotically stup!d protest that is not backed by a single shred of philosophy or ideology will go:

[list]
[li]There will be major protests in Lagos and the far-North[/li]
[li]All protests will be led by dissidents and opposition figures[/li]
[li]There will be fewer or no protests in the SE/SS where the oil comes from (this is a point that cannot be overemphasised)[/li]
[li]You people will be grouped as political desperados willing to tear Nigeria apart to suit your personal and ethnically centred goals[/li]
[li]Coupled with the threats from boko haram, you will be seen as a security threat and haters of progress[/li]
[/list]

Seen?

Who has time for a fool like you? When I said Boko Haram will be used to bog GEJ down, did you not swear that the might of the Presidency will crush all in its path? Now you feebly acknowledge defeat via praying , like a cowering b.itch who never read "art of war", some are excluded from the armed forces !!! Need I remind you of Dokpesi will "rot in jail" and the response I gave you? How about "Tinubu is going down" when we told you your tin god is simply taking on folks more sagacious than he is?

You want me to go on to highlight how you never get anything right because you are an emotional empty barrel? A simpleton wanting an ethnic group removed from the armed forces of a sovereign nation? A slowpoke touting "Ihejirika na our blood" in testimony to the foolish notion that the leaders of our armed forces can automatically be trusted to be bigots who will act along sectional lines alone? Dude, shut up !! You are an embarrassment bereft of shame considering how many times you have foolishly gotten it wrong. Learn to keep your silly 'fronting' to new nairalanders who have not had the chance to make a fool of you more times than anyone can count.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by houvest: 12:07am On Jan 03, 2012
Gbawe:

keep watching buddy. We will see who has overestimated their touted strenght within a Nigeria where the stomach, and not enduring principles, is king[b] today[/b]. Boko Haram has been butchering Nigerians from all walks of life so far. What has been the reaction of those who vacuously make noise about their 'powermen' strenght on the net? Where was the immediate burning of Mosques after the Christmas attack to indicate a readiness for t.i.t-for-tat and we-wont-take-it-lying-down people like you tout?

Right now, the "owners of Nigeria" will do and undo , plus give the lead, while all Nigeria will follow as is the case so far !!! Many of you don't seem to understand that events on the ground has overtaken the history you so much hold on to and assume other share feverishly , as dogmatic mantra, with you.

WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT BUDDY? Please come down to my level so I can understand clearly. Who talked about strength here or are you transferring something from another thread? Burning of mosques? balance of violence? Who are 'the owners of Nigeria' ? what are the events on the ground please? What history and how has that been overtaken? Could you please enlighten us more as it appears you are the mouth piece of these coup plotters whether real or imagined
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Gbawe: 12:10am On Jan 03, 2012
houvest:

WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT BUDDY? Please come down to my level so I can understand clearly. Who talked about strength here or are you transferring something from another thread? Burning of mosques? balance of violence? 'who are the owners of Nigeria' what are the events on the ground please? What history and how has that been overtaken? Could you please enlighten us more as it appears you are the mouth piece of these coup plotters whether real or imagined

Was I talking to you? Why don't you leave others to reply to posts directly responding to them?
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Onlytruth(m): 12:18am On Jan 03, 2012
Gbawe:

Was I talking to you? Why don't you leave others to reply to posts directly responding to them?

But what if he is ON THE MONEY? lol grin
Do I need to repeat a SPOT ON comment?

Dude answer the damn question. undecided
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Beaf: 12:19am On Jan 03, 2012
Gbawe:

Who has time for a fool like you? When I said Boko Haram will be used to bog GEJ down, did you not swear that the might of the Presidency will crush all in its path? Now you feebly acknowledge defeat via praying some are excluded from the armed forces !!! Need I remind you of Dokpesi will "rot in jail" and the response I gave you? How about "Tinubu is going down" when we told you your tin god is simply taking on folks more sagacious than he is?

You want me to go on to highlight how you never get anything right because you are an emotional empty barrel? A simpleton wanting an ethnic group removed from the armed forces of a sovereign nation? A slowpoke touting "Ihejirika na our blood" in testimony to the foolish notion that the leaders of our armed forces can automatically be trusted to be bigots who will act along sectional lines alone? Dude, shut up !! You are an embarrassment bereft of shame considering how many times you have foolishly gotten it wrong. Learn to keep your silly 'fronting' to new nairalanders who have not had the chance to make a fool of you more times than anyone can count.

Go and carry out your id!ots revolution. You will learn a thing or two.
You will be shocked to find out how badly some of us want Oduduwa and Arewa; more than anything, you will be shocked at how prepared and organised your foes are. We have been looking for any excuse to dump your rotting ship, so please give it to us, run wild and burn shiit down, twist Lagos and bend Zamfara with protests. Lolz!

Dude, go on the streets and freely express your "Egyptian" idiocy. Words are cheap (especially after the sepe has cleared from your eyes).

. . .By the way, "Ihejirika na our blood." Swine, let it kill you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Issues Travel Alert On Nigeria / Pictures Of The Progress On 2nd Niger Bridge / Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.