Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,676 members, 7,955,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) (38827 Views)

For Rent : Terrace In Oral Estate After The 2nd Tollgate Ikota-lekki. (photos) / Beautiful 2 Bedrooms Duplex For Rent @ Southern View Estate By The 2nd Tollgate / Tree Fell On Woman's Mud House In Imo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by stigman(m): 12:54pm On Jun 25, 2022
Do raft before block work, when it gets to like 6 coaches you do iron work ( a kind of beam) round the fence to chain it, before you continue the block work
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Kingjames(m): 12:54pm On Jun 25, 2022
since you are the Buhari, ask your minister of justice malami to file a case of unlawful displace of sand-filled block or a bill sent to Ahmed lawal in the senate for debate

we die here
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:55pm On Jun 25, 2022
A concrete fence as the foundations will do the needful.. Like two feet high. Then you can lay the blocks on it... That fine
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by rickyboss333: 12:56pm On Jun 25, 2022
The depth of d foundation around d affected area is d solution 2 d problem. Having seen that d are is usually water logged, u need to send d foundations of d affected area deeper than wat u used so that d foundation is far below d soil (atleast 3.5m below) which is water logged, because d soil around d area bcomes weak during d rainy season.

2 reduce cost, rather than make a reinforced concrete wall from such depth, U could do a concrete pile with base around d same positions u did ur concrete columns, down d foundation up 2 around 0.5m below d ground, chain all 4 columns with reinforced concrete, and then make ur fence with bricks up 2 d desired height.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by ALFADOS(m): 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:
This particular side of my farmland fence failed for the second year running as a result of rain water. The back of the fence is sloppy, so all the rain water coming down from behind lodge at the back of the fence. So last year after the fence failed, we constructed four concrete pillars, and still it failed yesterday again. Although, someone suggested that I do a drainage to pass through the farmland but I am not disposed to the idea because of reptiles that may be gaining access into the land, so we didnt do that.

Engineers in the house, please what do you advice I do to stop this recurrence.

Thanks
You can used strong iron nets for that particular position with strong concrete on the ground
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by olaodun: 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
Sorry just strong pillar and if there is a flow of water just allow drainage to carry water out you cannot stop water movement create a water drainage to flow
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by clydecarson(m): 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
This looks like a water logged area and I noticed the piles weren't digged into the soil properly thats why this shii happened also the blocks look like it was made with lots of sands and few cement....I'm a builder and this is my own perspective
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2022
Maybe d gods are not happy grin
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 1:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:
This particular side of my farmland fence failed for the second year running as a result of rain water. The back of the fence is sloppy, so all the rain water coming down from behind lodge at the back of the fence. So last year after the fence failed, we constructed four concrete pillars, and still it failed yesterday again. Although, someone suggested that I do a drainage to pass through the farmland but I am not disposed to the idea because of reptiles that may be gaining access into the land, so we didnt do that.

Thanks
First of all, the particular area is water logged due to slopy topography,it will always be sloppy and weakens the fencing foundation.

What you will do is first sand fill the particular area to redirect the flood.. then go ahead to re-do the fence. Ensure 6and half blocks per partition.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Pelia1234: 1:11pm On Jun 25, 2022
Construct a retaining wall,have a base of width 1200mm and wall of the same same size of your existing blocks.
Use y12 reinforcement both base and wall , minimum height of retaining wall should be 1500mm from sea level.
Use block to complete to the require height of your existing fence.Goodluck.
uote author=ThisisBuhari post=114135881]This particular side of my farmland fence failed for the second year running as a result of rain water. The back of the fence is sloppy, so all the rain water coming down from behind lodge at the back of the fence. So last year after the fence failed, we constructed four concrete pillars, and still it failed yesterday again. Although, someone suggested that I do a drainage to pass through the farmland but I am not disposed to the idea because of reptiles that may be gaining access into the land, so we didnt do that.

Thanks[/quote]
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Lionheartedfew: 1:12pm On Jun 25, 2022
I once had a similar problem. First of all, your village people have nothing to do with it. the fence appears to be on a water channel, and that’s never good, as water will always find a way through and it’s own level. You need to excavate foundations to at least 1.5- 2 feet down , pour a concrete base and lay wide basket( metal reinforcement ) for pillars, at the base of your foundation across the length of the respective area, preferably at intervals corresponding with sections of your fence. Once your pillars reach ground level, cast a concrete beam to interlink the stumps of your pillars across the affected span of your fencing. Lay the bottom 2 layers of blocks on the interlinking beam, with little gaps between the blocks for water to escape at the base of your fence. If finance is available, I would use light rods to continue the pillars upwards as I see you have not used any concrete vertical reinforcements previously. I would use home made 9 inch solid blocks for the (2)lower base layers of block work at least.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by swissgoldenpro2: 1:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
This is Sad
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by rotecch77(m): 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2022
Holiegrail2:
Good morning. So sorry about the unfortunate incident.
What you need there is construction of Retaining wall(reinforced concrete wall) from foundation.

Also try to create a drainage around the perimeter.

Good of you my man.
That is what he need over there… retaining wall and there is a way to construct it… not just buy sand cement call this artisan call that artisan
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by nedekid: 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2022
donbrowser:
First change your username. Half of your problem is solved grin grin

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Dave061(m): 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2022
Set about 4 coaches of sandcrete blocks from foundation level. ( 5 if u have enough fund).Erect enough column( pillars) from the foundation to the 4 coach block level along the perimeter of the land, then use reinforcement rod along the perimeter of the land to chain the various columns.( The chaining is done on the forth coach. After this, pour concrete on the chained reinforcement along the land perimeter. This, solves the problem. Remember to have drains so as to avoid clogging of water on the farmland. Am Engineer David( A certified COREN Civil Engineer with Masters degree)

1 Like

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Mazzkenny: 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2022
This is what you need to do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by nedekid: 1:22pm On Jun 25, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see dwarf demons living under that fence, I see them pushing down the fence whenever you erect it, you will have to anoint your fence with palm oil, so that the dwarf demons can stop pushing down your fence and start fighting each other on who will lick the oil.

This I have seen.
Did you see the ops name?
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Dave061(m): 1:22pm On Jun 25, 2022
Set about 4 coaches of sandcrete blocks from foundation level. ( 5 if u have enough fund).Erect enough column( pillars) from the foundation to the 4 coach block level along the perimeter of the land, then use reinforcement rod along the perimeter of the land to chain the various columns.( The chaining is done on the forth coach. After this, pour concrete on the chained reinforcement along the land perimeter. This, solves the problem. Remember to have drains so as to avoid clogging of water on the farmland. Am Engineer David( A certified COREN Civil Engineer with Masters degree). 08181666303
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Goodson15: 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2022
Do drainage and cover the inflow and exit with double barbwire,or floddring ,remember bigger and longer reptiles still climb fence

1 Like

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by IfeanyiOpara5698(m): 1:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
What you need is Topshield waterproofing. It will be used to mold the blocks and it will be used to do the casting and plastering

Call me let's talk better: 08132310132
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by eazyduzit: 1:34pm On Jun 25, 2022
Your username ( ThisIsBuhari) is a gigantic failure so change it, the fence will stand like Zuma Rock afterward.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by GodisFirst: 1:38pm On Jun 25, 2022
Shallow foundation, reason why your pillars also fell.

Let the pillars go down at least two feet. Create way (drainage) for the water to pass through as you lay the blocks and put something like steel Mesh that will prevent reptiles from entering but open enough to allow water to pass through.

In future (future plan) you will need to create a sizeable pit for the water to flow into and drain into the ground because your neighbor will soon block the water from entering his property.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by CASTOSVILLA(m): 1:45pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:

Thanks
Use reinforced retaining walls to fortify that section of the fence at least 1.2m from ground level. It'll cost you but an ultimate solution. Upen up some hollow in the retaining wall for excess water drainage. Use strong meshes to cover the hollows in oder to block off reptiles. Goodluck sir
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by kolnel: 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2022
I think the actual pressure exerted on the weak block walls by the water pressure is knocking the wall down.
Please try and make an opening for the water to pass through.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by CASTOSVILLA(m): 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2022
Mazzkenny:
This is what you need to do
Yes, he should retain the wall to a point then use block to complete the fence. He shouldn't forget, columns in-between too.

1 Like

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Handsum64: 1:49pm On Jun 25, 2022
Aniluvreal:
shocked

Exactly how Tinubu will fell(fail) and shattered completely.
Illiterate
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2022
Quality fencing is expensive business. Very expensive and not for weak men.

Quality blocks are important and you would do well to make blocks yourself. Make blocks that are strong enough not to break and to be reuseable IF the fences fails.
That means a high cement low sand content ; effectively CONCRETE blocks. That is not a cheap enterprise

However that is not the main problem. You need to have a FOUNDATION for the fence that is solid concrete and use pillars at intervals . Pillars are necessary at intervals. Pillars should be of concrete and steel and you need to make provision for drainage pipes especially if the land has a tendency to hold water.

For farmland the level of expense is so high as to make it not really worth the trouble but a quality fence is not cheap

If the area is rural why not consider planting trees as a perimeter instead unless it is an area that is urbanizing and you hope the land value will rise. it is difficult to see how you can get a good return from farming activity to justify the expense
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by twosquare(m): 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2022
There is nothing you can do except drainage @ThisisBuhari ... I don't know what reptiles you are afraid of...reptiles that will climb fence, especially snakes...coz I can't comprehend your logic. Do drainage or keep spending money on avoidable things over and over again

2 Likes

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by 79733139(m): 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2022
Put inlets for water to pass at the bottom of the fence but cover both sides with something like wire gauze or steel mesh... there is a type of wire gauze called "boko haram" that you can use. The wire gauze has to be built into the blocks. Or you can use pipes and then cover the two ends with wire-gauze or mesh.

ThisisBuhari:

Thanks
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Barrywilly(m): 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
Where is that Qdot Tinubu's song? O se kini lule, o se keji lule grin
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
Those people with the strongest opinions often know the least.
Everyone has an opinion let us respect each other's opinions
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by afamaustin(m): 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
Poor construction work,call me for ur building construction for advice or building. 08188516464 or 08063872789.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee / Re: 10 Most Beautiful Buildings In Abuja / Tigerkenn Homes Property Development Initiative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.