Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) (38441 Views)

For Rent : Terrace In Oral Estate After The 2nd Tollgate Ikota-lekki. (photos) / Beautiful 2 Bedrooms Duplex For Rent @ Southern View Estate By The 2nd Tollgate / Tree Fell On Woman's Mud House In Imo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by chigoizie7(m): 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2022
Use quality materials and standard measurements for the mixtures and stop complaining.

1 Like

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Aforxzy(f): 8:09pm On Jun 25, 2022
The bolded is the issue you need to attend to.

The columns and the hollow blocks can't withstand the pressure from the water hence the fall.

You need to provide a channel for the water to flow through or construct a reinforced concrete retaining wall at that point to withstand the water pressure otherwise this collapse of your wall will be a reoccurring issue.

ThisisBuhari:
This particular side of my farmland fence failed for the second year running as a result of rain water. The back of the fence is sloppy, so all the rain water coming down from behind lodge at the back of the fence. So last year after the fence failed, we constructed four concrete pillars, and still it failed yesterday again. Although, someone suggested that I do a drainage to pass through the farmland but I am not disposed to the idea because of reptiles that may be gaining access into the land, so we didnt do that.

Engineers in the house, please what do you advice I do to stop this recurrence.

Thanks
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Awise09(m): 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:
This particular side of my farmland fence failed for the second year running as a result of rain water. The back of the fence is sloppy, so all the rain water coming down from behind lodge at the back of the fence. So last year after the fence failed, we constructed four concrete pillars, and still it failed yesterday again. Although, someone suggested that I do a drainage to pass through the farmland but I am not disposed to the idea because of reptiles that may be gaining access into the land, so we didnt do that.

Thanks

Just do a barn wires fence to the place that block can't hold to stand fencing.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Moneyboyz: 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2022
Foundation and most especially the pillars are not deep enough.

Make sure the pillars are deep enough in the soil also make sure each fence partition isn't too long before you add pillars to it.

Good luck.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by DeGLORIOUS: 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2022
Your name is responsible. Just change your name to OBIdient and everything will work fine.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by gulfer: 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2022
You need a concrete and reinforced retaining wall (dwarf) at the base of the fence, then you can set block from the level cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Error401: 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:

Thanks
drainage. That's your solution. If you like us concrete to build. Without drainage, it will fail again. My 2 cent. U can use mesh to close up the spaces
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Chiadi87: 8:40pm On Jun 25, 2022
Maybe you didn't do your findings about the area before fencing, that place might be a waterlog area which requires 2ft-2.5ft depth (digging) with solid concrete of 4" thickness as base before laying of blocks then chain the fence round at 3-4 blocks. Use a good block for your fence.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by kenny714433(m): 9:17pm On Jun 25, 2022
Dear poster, ignore all those telling you the blocks are not strong.

What made your fence fall is poorly made foundation.

How was the depth like for such blocks? What was the thickness of blinding? Is the soil too weak to carry such fountain, then try other fountain types.

I wanted to suggest retaining wall but from the picture, the place is not even sloppy so the water force is not much.

Summary of everything is poor foundation.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by FarmTech(m): 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:

Thanks
Drainage is a must. You may cover it with chicken wiremesh to keep out reptiles. Just make sure to clear it from time to time.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Trexnemesis(m): 9:43pm On Jun 25, 2022
Aniluvreal:
shocked

Exactly how Tinubu will fell(fail) and shattered completely.

These Obi supporters can say irrelevant things. Wetin concern politics in this matter now?
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by TinubuNG: 10:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
Aniluvreal:
shocked

Exactly how Tinubu will fell(fail) and shattered completely.
You should be concerned about your life not falling . You should be concerned on how your generation will not fall and carried away by water.

Tinubu has achieved alot in his life, presidency will just be a plus , what about your ancestors?
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by mikekobe01(m): 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
You will need a concrete reinforced ground beam starting from the foundation to a height of say 900mm before fixing blocks. This will help to withstand the pressure pulling the blocks off
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by FODA(m): 11:22pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:

Thanks
it's better u do a raft sir,so u can have rest of mind
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by fortunechy(m): 12:08am On Jun 26, 2022
Ur problem dey for ur back.... Change your username...... Period!!!
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by betshopagent(m): 1:30am On Jun 26, 2022
This is buhari= This is failure. It will continue to fall till you change that name
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Phonix16(m): 6:57am On Jun 26, 2022
Construct a drinage along the wall part and use burn bricks this time.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by hurlaryinkah(m): 10:24am On Jun 26, 2022
Something must have gone wrong but not the blocks.
You can see that many of the blocks are still intact.If its substandard block you would have seen many dissolving on ground.

Promoter2:
Sorry about that. The area looks like a potential water logging area but I'll wait for experts. Plus the blocks don't look strong at all, no offense

1 Like

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Petyr1: 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2022
ThisisBuhari:

Thanks
there is this government school that I know. The fence keep collapsing after rebuilding until they decided to do concrete fence
Pure granite and cement. Very expensive but it never collapse again
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Dshocker(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2022
ThisisBuhari:

Thanks

From the look of things, those blocks are not strong, like they used more of sand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IGP Usman Baba At Ikoyi Collapsed Building Site / Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) / Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.