Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage (1082 Views)

5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today / List Of Phones You Can Get With N40,000 Today. / 5 Best Android Phones You Can Go For In Early 2019 With A Budget Of 45k-50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by shogsman(m): 8:49am On Jun 25, 2022
One of the cons of buying ultra expensive phones is that there is a very fair degree of chance that it might get damage one day. And that is a pain that cuts through your skin. Spending $1k on a phone only to drop it the third day is painful to most people.
Here is how I fixed that, I only buy phones I can specifically afford to damage anytime.
I dropped my oppo Reno 8 on it's back today and th back got a little shattered cos I don't use cases for phones but something interesting happened I didn't feel angry or bad at all,maybe the fact that the screen wasn't affected was part of it, but I simply didn't care about the back scratching or the big dents it left. Simply because I got it for $450.
Now if this was a xaoimi 11 ultra that goes for like $1500 over here I would be very very angry and sad.
Then it dawned on me ,if you don't like phone cases and you drop your phones regularly,only buy phones that you can afford to DAMAGE.
I've damaged my fair share of expensive phones over the years,from the note 9 in it's prime to xsmax when it first came out and the feeling was very horrible.

5 Likes

Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by noble4d(m): 10:17am On Jun 25, 2022
shogsman:
One of the cons of buying ultra expensive phones is that there is a very fair degree of chance that it might get damage one day. And that is a pain that cuts through your skin. Spending $1k on a phone only to drop it the third day is painful to most people.
Here is how I fixed that, I only buy phones I can specifically afford to damage anytime.
I dropped my oppo Reno 8 on it's back today and th back got a little shattered cos I don't use cases for phones but something interesting happened I didn't feel angry or bad at all,maybe the fact that the screen wasn't affected was part of it, but I simply didn't care about the back scratching or the big dents it left. Simply because I got it for $450.
Now if this was a xaoimi 11 ultra that goes for like $1500 over here I would be very very angry and sad.
Then it dawned on me ,if you don't like phone cases and you drop your phones regularly,only buy phones that you can afford to DAMAGE.
I've damaged my fair share of expensive phones over the years,from the note 9 in it's prime to xsmax when it first came out and the feeling was very horrible.

I agree with you. Everyone wants to use big phones. They forgot that big phones come with expensive parts. So I ensure I buy a phone I can afford the parts.

1 Like

Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by Autobot05: 10:43am On Jun 25, 2022
Omo true but I pray I don’t damage mine

1 Like

Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by AndroBlaze: 11:24am On Jun 25, 2022
shogsman:

Another sensible way out is to insure the expensive phone, I know axa-mansard use to offer this service.

5 Likes

Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by Flamethehussler: 11:40am On Jun 25, 2022
Rip English
Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by shogsman(m): 12:11pm On Jun 25, 2022
AndroBlaze:

Another sensible way out is to insure the expensive phone, I know axa-mansard use to offer this service.
Yeah of course, but here in the states it's not widespread like that, someone mobile services like Verizon and co offer it but most people just don't see the need for it, cost as much as it'll take for you to fix the phone anyways.
Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by shogsman(m): 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2022
noble4d:

I agree with you. Everyone wants to use big phones. They forgot that big phones come with expensive parts. So I ensure I buy a phone I can afford the parts.
Of course me too,but at least if it gets damage you won't be too sad

1 Like

Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by fastanddubious(m): 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
shogsman:

Yeah of course, but here in the states it's not widespread like that, someone mobile services like Verizon and co offer it but most people just don't see the need for it, cost as much as it'll take for you to fix the phone anyways.
This OP eeh
You're in the States and you're using an oppo? That's not possible cause it doesn't work with carriers over there
Anyways what do I know? grin
Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by shogsman(m): 9:49am On Jun 27, 2022
fastanddubious:

This OP eeh
You're in the States and you're using an oppo? That's not possible cause it doesn't work with carriers over there
Anyways what do I know? grin
Oh you ever heard of wifi,cos we all use a home network here, and obviously I have a second phone genius. I have a used Huawei too right here and it's banned too isn't it,but that doesn't stop us from using it
Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by IbrahimMav: 2:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
shogsman:

Oh you ever heard of wifi,cos we all use a home network here, and obviously I have a second phone genius. I have a used Huawei too right here and it's banned too isn't it,but that doesn't stop us from using it

bro stop lying.

it's obvious you don't live in America.

@topic, why should I deprived myself of owing a flagship phone if I can afford it?

news flash bro, everything spoils.

if you can afford the latest phones then go ahead and indulge yourself, after all, you only live once.

Anyone who can afford an expensive phone can also afford to replace a broken screen or a faulty panel.
Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by fastanddubious(m): 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2022
shogsman:

Ok now I get it
Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by shogsman(m): 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2022
IbrahimMav:

bro stop lying.

it's obvious you don't live in America.

@topic, why should I deprived myself of owing a flagship phone if I can afford it?

news flash bro, everything spoils.

if you can afford the latest phones then go ahead and indulge yourself, after all, you only live once.

Anyone who can afford an expensive phone can also afford to replace a broken screen or a faulty panel.

Who is this slowpoke for God sake, even My small $450 phone goes around 300k in your country,you rush to run your mouth when you can't ever comprehend anything, isn't it your mates that has 400k to Thier name that buys 350k iphone then start running around when it gets broken, with the measly amount you earn in naija how much of your monthly salary would go into replacing an oppo find x5 pro 250k screen or iphone 13pro max 250k screen.
You're just jabbing up and down.70% of you Nigerian youths especially the lots of you into Internet scam practically spend all your money on iphones, we receive orders daily here to ship back home,a young boy buys a 500k iphone 13 and find it difficult to pay 70k for shipping, where's the Sense in that

1 Like

Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by IbrahimMav: 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2022
shogsman:

Who is this slowpoke for God sake, even My small $450 phone goes around 300k in your country,you rush to run your mouth when you can't ever comprehend anything, isn't it your mates that has 400k to Thier name that buys 350k iphone then start running around when it gets broken, with the measly amount you earn in naija how much of your monthly salary would go into replacing an oppo find x5 pro 250k screen or iphone 13pro max 250k screen.
You're just jabbing up and down.70% of you Nigerian youths especially the lots of you into Internet scam practically spend all your money on iphones, we receive orders daily here to ship back home,a young boy buys a 500k iphone 13 and find it difficult to pay 70k for shipping, where's the Sense in that

grin grin grin

e pain am grin grin grin

I've gone through your posts. you've already been called out for lying multiple times. grin grin

living fake life won't get you anywhere, boy.

be true to yourself......fake ass nigga. grin grin grin

Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by Femi8586(m): 6:27am On Jun 28, 2022
IbrahimMav:

grin grin grin

e pain am grin grin grin

I've gone through your posts. you've already been called out for lying multiple times. grin grin

OP is this true?

Nawa o
Re: Only Buy Phones You Can Afford To Damage by shogsman(m): 8:49am On Jun 28, 2022
IbrahimMav:

grin grin grin

e pain am grin grin grin

You will continue to wallow in your poverty,I don't need to proof anything to the likes of you,go and kee yourself broke ass.like I give a flying fvck what you lowlife think grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Iphone / Who Has This OTG 2 In 1 Cable / Clean Iphone Xsmax 256gb Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.