Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... (1488 Views)

12 Tips On How To Make Sex Last Longer: Make Her Asking For More / 12/12/2018 The Day Everything Came Crashing In / Valentine’s Day: Everything You Need To Know About This Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Sukkyy2010: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2022
Several years ago, my greatest desire was to be permanently employed by New Era Hospital in Aba where I did my 6 months compulsory SIWES Industrial Training..... My then boss, Oga Uche had what I call the perfect � life - a job, one wife, and he was a pastor with a church in town..... I wanted to be like him.

Several years later, I wouldn't take 5 million Naira Per Month to work in that hospital. In fact, my Brain � can only remember computer codes, not some enzymes, pathways, and all those Biochemistry stuff.

In my first year in High School, I crushed on this girl... Chai.... I couldn't even tell her how much 'crush' I poured on her in the secrecy of my heart ♥ until this day... Looking back, Chai, I just thank God that I didn't tell her. SMH �‍♂️.

I remember how I desired to own a certain Motorola phone codenamed "Razor" by Nigerians... Boy, I hustled but still couldn't afford it. I sent out prayer requests asking God to touch someone's heart to give me their used Motorola razor. Several years later, hehehe, my son wouldn't take that phone as a gift because his generation is only used to the screen-touch devices.

Friends, someday all the things you desire today will no longer make sense. Some of you are desiring a certain girl or guy who is not giving you the attention you deserve, when the universe gives you your perfect soul mate, you will judge your intelligence for ever desiring someone who didn't have your time.

Someday, you will get a job that will make you look stupid for ever imagining sleeping with that entrepreneur just to be his PA.

Someday, you will buy a car that will make you feel too desperate for ever trying to do something stupid just to get a ride in a range rover.

What's your most pressing desire today? � A house? New car? Oversea trips? Money? Love? Whatever it is, someday you will realize it really wasn't worth all the stress.

Please calm down and take life one step at a time.

Maranatha.

Credit: Dr. Charles Awuzie

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Righteousness2(m): 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2022
Absolutely on Point.
That is why we Admonish all to be very cautious and careful with Vanities.
Control them, don't let them control you.
Treat the things of this life with very Light Hands. They are Decievers.
Hold tight only to the things that have Eternal value.
Hold on to JESUS Christ. Hold to the Salvation of your soul.
This is what really matters.

7 Likes

Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Sukkyy2010: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
Righteousness2:
Absolutely on Point.
Treat the things of this life with very Light Hands.
I hold unto Christ the utmost fountain of infinite Joy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
Righteousness2:
Absolutely on Point.
How do you define vanity? grin
You keep telling people to hold on to Jesus...what are the benefit of holding on to him?are you holding on to him cos a bible book say you should?

1 Like

Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Sukkyy2010: 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

F**k off you hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Divay22(f): 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2022
Nice one
It's all a phase of life...
[/b]This too shall pass[b]
Be it good or bad
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2022
Sukkyy2010:

F**k off you hypocrite.
Don't cry baby boy.. grin
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by kenzysmith: 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
Righteousness2:
Absolutely on Point.
baba see small

1 Like

Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Sukkyy2010: 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Don't cry baby boy.. grin
Gat No causes to weep old brainless fool.
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Arkmanbuddy(m): 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
Of course, some things we desire today will not make any sense to us later on in life when we look back. However, this only applies to carnal desires that lead one into falling prey to the wiles of the devil.

If you have a legit source of income, you'd want to attain to the position of being able to cater for yourself and family. If you don't have a job but desire one to be able to take care of yourself and family, that will always make sense to you later in life. But if your desire is to work, no matter how legitly, to buy car, be promiscuous and buga, then it's stupid and it'll never make sense to you later in life.

All I'm saying is our desires become senseless to us later on if they were for selfish reasons that profit no one. The good ones will always make sense not just to us but to our dependents.

4 Likes

Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by slickbak(m): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
Wisdom
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Zee0007: 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
cry

Righteousness2:
Absolutely on Point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by SavageBoy: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
This is so on point

@pansohist your presence is needed here. Come and shed more light if wisdom on this topic.

Oga righteousness comment shows that it will definitely make front page
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:18pm On Jun 25, 2022
Sukkyy2010:

My m*m is an old brainless fool... grin grin
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Magnoliaa(f): 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
Ok.

Let me get all I desire first and we'll come back to this. I object to the use of the word "everything." How can you use that word and then go on to give examples of fleeting meaningless things like teenage crush, sapa and job-hunting (or even gadgets) - some specific contexts?

There were a lot of things I used to desire and that I have gotten now and I am very much happy and satisfied with them.

2 Likes

Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by kals4luv990(m): 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
Zee0007:
Sir, you are correct. But all I need now is just 1k to buy foodstuff. Can you help me with it?

I hope this request of mine isn't vanity cry

nope bro it aint
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by drightguy(m): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
One step at a time.
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Magnoliaa(f): 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:
If you have a legit source of income, you'd want to attain to the position of being able to cater for yourself and family. If you don't have a job but desire one to be able to take care of yourself and family, that will always make sense to you later in life. But if your desire is to work, no matter how legitly, to buy car, be promiscuous and buga, then it's stupid and it'll never make sense to you later in life.

Thank you.
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Zee0007: 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2022
Thanks for this reply. This hunger for this weekend wan blind my eyes.

kals4luv990:
nope bro it aint
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by cavreek: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2022
Sad reality of life, everyone will grow old and everyone will depart from this world, very scary right....
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by playapayaski: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
Sad but true
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Softmirror: 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
Sukkyy2010 THIS IS VERY TRUE WHEN THE MIND IS DEVOID OF CONTENTMENT. WHAT YOU HAVE BECOMES UNFULFILLING, MAKING NO SENSE..
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You keep telling people to hold on to Jesus...what are the benefit of holding on to him?are you holding on to him cos a bible book say you should?

One of the only thing we have in common undecided
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2022
Think4Myself:

One of the only thing we have in common undecided
Thinking for ourselves? grin
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Jeromejnr(m): 7:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
Motorola Razr that year sha. That phone looked badass.
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Sanmel(f): 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2022
Wow! Thanks.. There's hope for the hopeless, what God cannot do does not exist..
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by eazzzy1(m): 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2022
I think desires here should be classified as needs and wants. While wants are easy to get over with the passage of time, because we want different things at different stages of our lives.

The things you need would always matter to you until you get them. The blind man who desires to see one day won’t get over the desire until he sees, the lady on a wheel chair who desires to walk again won’t get over it until she walks, it will always be a desire as long as they live.

Same with the homeless who desires a home, the couple who desires children, the poor who desires to afford a decent living etc.
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Es350: 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2022
Righteousness2:
Absolutely on Point.
Mr righteousness, what are you doing in the romance section?

1 Like

Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Thinking for ourselves? grin
That, and being agnostic/atheistic
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Goodlyhrt(m): 11:37pm On Jun 25, 2022
Till then enjoy yourself
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by Slynation(m): 11:52pm On Jun 25, 2022
This Op is so on point...At every point in time, the Abraham Maslow theory of needs/motivation will certainly come into play...!!

I remembered how I started and how it's going currently, God has been really faithful, I must confess
Re: One Day, Everything You Desire Today Will No Longer Make Sense.... by cumoverna: 12:19am On Jun 26, 2022
True, at a time, I want to kill myself for bold 5,

At a time I had a big crush on one yellow girl when I was in primary 6, then I thought we were going to get married, but she got herself a boyfriend from another school.

I recently saw her, and I was really disappointed with her new appearance, as she got very fat.

I thank God for everything jare.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between A Man And A Woman Who Lives Fake Life Pass / Lagos Adult house party / Uploaded A Very High Resolution Picture On Bio And Nairaland Reduce The Quality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.