Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

A Church Inside An Hotel!!! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Church Inside An Hotel!!! (30646 Views)

Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / Meet The Anti-christ Who Killed 26 People Inside A Church / Pastor & His Pastor Wife Spotted Kissing Passionately Inside An Airport (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2022
Zonefree:
Churches are mostly for sinners and unholy people.

A Church shouldn't be for righteous people.
Yes o, a Church is a workshop for sinners and Heaven is a home for saints.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Papichulostunne(m): 7:02pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:
During the week i was invited to a church program...

I had the intentions to attend but what turned me off was the Venue which happens to be one of the bubbling Hotel in the Vicinity...

And i was like why will i attend a church that is located in an Hotel where all sort of immortality takes place? undecided

Though i ain't a saint but i don't understand why a so called house of God should be in an unholy ground..

To me it doesn't make sense,,,

Brethrens what do you have to say?

If i add join to wetin you talk my guy e go be over talk..

You dne talk am finish.

1 Like

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by DrinkWater10: 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:

The church that invited me wasn't Christ Embassy....

One of these new generation churches...
Dunamis
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Jun 26, 2022
coputa:
The church is not the building but the humans(congregation) therein,so if God dwells only inside of those who are his sons,are you saying there is no righteous one(children of God)amog the congregation(the church)
Sin is disobedience/transgression of God's given Law/commandments, and a Son of God is one who through continuous submission and obedience of God's commandment has been set free from slavery to sin - John 8 vs 31 - 35. undecided

Now, God never asked anyone to set up your churches or gather people using His name. So such unauthorized gatherings should be considered of God even though they claim to be. How can a one who is a Son of God be a part of such a gathering which is against God? undecided
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by theamazonguru(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2022
MissionaryArchi:

And all these are for the edification of the body of Christ.
It saddens me when Christians begin to talk down themselves because of these different mandate. One mocking the other for being worldly because they have the mandate of prosperity, the other mocking another for being too archaic cuz they have been given the mandate for holiness, some other mocking another for being blasphemous to the teachings of Christ because they were given the mandate against wickedness of the high places through prayers. Even those who have been given the intercessor mandate have also been mocked for lacking Faith because they pray too much without works forgetting the Bible says men always to pray and never to faint.
If only the whole mandates can see it collectively themselves as for the perfection of the saints (church), the Gospel will be strongly and better propagated all over the world.
When Christ said the Church is matching on and the gates of hell shall never prevail against it, he didn't specifically called any denomination.

True.
That is where some Christians get it wrong.
That's what the Yoruba people call "éléyaméya".
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Depressed101: 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:

I had the intentions to attend but what turned me off was the Venue which happens to be one of the bubbling Hotel in the Vicinity...

And i was like why will i attend a church that is located in an Hotel where all sort of n
immortality takes place? undecided

Though i ain't a saint but i don't understand why a so called house of God should be in an unholy ground..

it's a penetration strategy.

People in the hotel deserve to hear about God too.

1 Like

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by coputa(m): 7:54pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Sin is disobedience/transgression of God's given Law/commandments, and a Son of God is one who through continuous submission and obedience of God's commandment has been set free from slavery to sin - John 8 vs 31 - 35. undecided

Now, God never asked anyone to set up your churches or gather people using His name. So such unauthorized gatherings should be considered of God even though they claim to be. How can a one who is a Son of God be a part of such a gathering which is against God? undecided
If it is an unauthorized gathering,why did Jesus,his disciples and paul went to the synagogue to worship.because synagogue is to the jews as church is to a christian,the greek word synagogue means assembly.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by majamajic(m): 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2022
MyExpression:

I dey Ojo...please which of the Olosho hotels dem dey do church?

Go old ojo road
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
coputa:
If it is an unauthorized gathering,why did Jesus,his disciples and paul went to the synagogue to worship. because synagogue is to the jews as church is to a christian,the greek word synagogue means assembly.
I am not a witness for Paul and the other apostles, but I am curious to know where in scripture the statement is bold is found written. undecided
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by coputa(m): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am not a witness for Paul and the other apostles, but I am curious to know where in scripture the statement is bold is found written. undecided
An exorcism performed in the synagogue is one of the miracles of Jesus,recounted in Mark.1;21-28 and luke.4;31-37 marks version reads;They went to capernaun and when sabbath came,jesus went out into the synagogue and began to teach.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2022
coputa:
An exorcism performed in the synagogue is one of the miracles of Jesus,recounted in Mark.1;21-28 and luke.4;31-37 marks version reads;They went to capernaun and when sabbath came,jesus went out into the synagogue and began to teach.
Jesus Christ taught the people everywhere He went, even at parties where prostitutes were present, so why single out his teaching of His Gospel even in the synagogues? undecided
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by sooperrescue(m): 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2022
Op you are right.
In the place where the Lord shall put his name, there you shall go and worship God. Do not go to any garden or field or any place that the lord did not approve else he will destroy you like he did to the people before you. Deut 12

1 Like

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by hkidola00(m): 11:27pm On Jun 26, 2022
etrange:
Haha... but a hotel is just a lodge with restaurants and bars, not a shrine. If you were a priest or a pastor on a business trip, would refuse to stay in a hotel because it's an unholy ground or would stay in one despite that knowledge? When you look at that way, the question would be, where is not "unholy"? A hospital where people do abortions and plastic surgeries? A market where people cheat one another?

Bro, the world is already unholy enough and the church cannot keep running away. If there's anyone that needs the sermon the most, shouldn't it be those "unholy people" in the hotel? If the hotel is not one of those defaced by prostitution, I'd say there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, the pastor just took the battle to thier doorstep. Imagine hearing the words as you're about to remove your boxers. Lol
people don't cheat in the market..ALLAH permits trading as it's said in the holy Quran
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by NessFortunate: 11:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:

And i was like why will i attend a church that is located in an Hotel where all sort of immortality takes place? undecided

spreading the Gospel has no limitations. A lot of lost sheeps and prodigal sons visit/use the hotels, so nothing wrong in bringing the gospel closer to the people who need it most, christianity shouldn't discriminate not even for once.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by etrange: 11:57pm On Jun 26, 2022
hkidola00:
people don't cheat in the market..ALLAH permits trading as it's said in the holy Quran

Selling fake products at the price of the real ones isn't cheating? Or that doesn't happen at market places? Or ALLAH also permits that one? Which one?
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by HeroicMeastro: 12:31am On Jun 27, 2022
DSC7:

Hmmmm
Some comments though...

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by vicfajeze: 12:48am On Jun 27, 2022
DSC7:

u no get work?
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Happiness62862: 3:35am On Jun 27, 2022
Hsgs

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Essien45: 4:31am On Jun 27, 2022
That is the best place for it to be. In their midst not away from them.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Yankee101: 5:22am On Jun 27, 2022
Anywhere two or three are gathered in MY name, I'll be there in their midst
Matthew 18:20

Anywhere
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by toloohthegreat: 6:00am On Jun 27, 2022
Cypress042:
He's taking the gospel to their door steps, for those who need repentances.

Usual narrative. Holy crap!
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Quaddafi29: 7:05am On Jun 27, 2022
A church is not a building as you think but the people that worship there. My own church is in a hotel. It uses the hotel auditorium permanently although plans are there to build our own and relocate because of the cost and the size, and the hotel manager and many workers are members. Many guests also join our programmes. If you cannot meet God in a hotel, then you are not ready for salvation. Wait until it is built on the Atlantic ocean
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by hkidola00(m): 8:00am On Jun 27, 2022
etrange:

Selling fake products at the price of the real ones isn't cheating? Or that doesn't happen at market places? Or ALLAH also permits that one? Which one?
u are changing d narration now,u never said fake products b4
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by MyExpression(m): 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2022
majamajic:

Go old ojo road

I know those 3 in 1, dat one na Ndokwa hotel.

I no fit go round the tens of hotels der na.

Give me name or busstop
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by majamajic(m): 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2022
MyExpression:

I know those 3 in 1, dat one na Ndokwa hotel.

I no fit go round the tens of hotels der na.

Give me name or busstop

3 in 1 is ok , oluti is ok too

1 Like

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Greatzeus(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2022
Christ embassy is fond of that. You hardly see any Christ embassy church that owns it's building, always renting up and down and relocating often.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by etrange: 4:55am On Jun 28, 2022
hkidola00:
u are changing d narration now,u never said fake products b4

Lol... You don't seem very intelligent. So you think it's buying and selling I was referring to as cheating? I said market where people cheat. And you're telling me people don't cheat in markets. Your reason being that Allah allows as trade. So because Allah allows trade, there aren't people that cheat there? Why not also tell me that people don't do abortions in the hospital since allows medical care? Why not tell the OP that hotel isn't bad since Allah permits business trips? How does genuine business in a place means they aren't people that do other bad things there? Dude, please.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Lovenorth: 7:08am On Jul 11, 2022
Just say hotel inside hotel

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor David Ogbueli Celebrates 51st Birthday: Biography, Founder Dominion City / Photos From THE EXPERIENCE 2016 / Catholic Priest Batters 70-year--Old Man In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.