Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. (2419 Views)

Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital / Three Trekkers For Atiku Stranded In Yola / Thousands Stranded In Abuja By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by BABEELOVE(f): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2007
PTH:

na now you just dey know? where have u been since? grin

Gosh!!!!-------- I really thought I had lost you for good.  I have a reason to sign in to Nairaland every night now.  Boy I missed you so much.  But please try and change now.  Your wahala is too much. grin  Why can't you just be a lover and not a fighter always tongue

Nairaland has been so boring without you.  Please don't ever leave.  I got tired of denex talking to himself! grin
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Gosh!!!!-------- I really thoughy I had lost you for good. I have a reason to sign in to Nairaland every night now. Boy I missed you so much. But please try and change now. Your wahala is too much. grin Why can't you just be a lover and not a fighter always tongue

Nairaland has been so boring without you. Please don't ever leave. I got tired of denex talking to himself! grin

awww i'm flattered. tongue if she means it at all
I'm a lover boy o, i only fight those who choose to fight me. Okay for thy sake i aint going anywhere and i wont fight too much. wink
Was denex really talking to himself? grin LMAO! i missed nl like crazy too. thanks to obantalapipi
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by BABEELOVE(f): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2007
PTH:

awww i'm flattered. tongue if she means it at all
I'm a lover boy o, i only fight those who choose to fight me. Okay for thy sake i aint going anywhere and i wont fight too much. wink
Was denex really talking to himself? grin LMAO! i missed nl like crazy too. thanks to obantalapipi

kiss---------Kiss and make up! I really mean it!  One big happy family again!!!  Yes, just try to fight with love!  denex, please do not chase him off again oh! tongue
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2007
BABEELOVE:

kiss---------Kiss and make up! I really mean it! One big happy family again!!! Yes, just try to fight with love! denex, please do not chase him off again oh! tongue

kiss such a pity there's no hug smilie. you deserve it! i'll be good from now on. grin
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by BABEELOVE(f): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2007
There the hug coming your way---------------------------------with another grin I knew deep down you were such a "pie"!!! I am on my way to update my favorites list!!! wink
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2007
cool what's a pie?
got YIM? there's a hug smilie there. tongue
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by presido1: 9:53am On Aug 13, 2007
hmmmmmmmmm****** just kuffing and passing by, may be will peep in yim later*****
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by denex: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2007
@BABEELOVE

I never chased anybody off. It must have been Fela's last son in form of the moderator doing a remix of Femi Kuti's song: Ban, Ban, Ban.

Me self, I was banned and I've contacted somebody at Cyber-Protest so that the next time I'm banned from nairaland, nairaland too may be banned from the internet.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by Iman3(m): 10:47am On Aug 13, 2007
Our flight was grounded at Enugu Airport for 6 hours because they(Aero-Contractors) didn't know how to close the cock pit window,I didn't see the need to start a thread.While the plane was stuck on the runway,no other plane could land.

This didn't make the news beacause its a normal thing.Denex disdain for the US is symptomatic of Visa Rejection Syndrome grin
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by BABEELOVE(f): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2007
I-man:

Our flight was grounded at Enugu Airport for 6 hours because they(Aero-Contractors) didn't know how to close the cock pit window,I didn't see the need to start a thread.While the plane was stuck on the runway,no other plane could land.

This didn't make the news beacause its a normal thing.Denex disdain for the US is symptomatic of Visa Rejection Syndrome grin

You mean our aero graduates from covenant university ota!!!!  What about planes landing on grazing cows in PH International Airport  Or is it the pot holes like coal mines sucking up wings and tires of the Nigerian "molues" in the air, as they attempt to land on more cows

You gat that right!!!!  Rumour has it that Condeleeza Rice personally handed him his deportation papers for trying to catch a "mugu" inside the white house.  He probably tried to sell GWB some bunkered oil!!!!  Remember those missing ships grin Sorry denex!!!
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by Afam(m): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2007
PTH (formerly Davidylan),

Please, learn to state things the way they are.

Don't tell a lie about something and when you are corrected you jump into another thing, it is bad.

I don't know why you were banned, maybe too much abuses, maybe lies but believe me if you continue the way you are going now you may most likely be banned for lack of comprehension of issues than anything else.

This is a public forum and most of the users don't even know one another and as such people don't come here to make enemies regardless of our passions and sentiments.

Everyone will benefit when issues are discussed without bad blood, facts must be respected, truth should be preferred, misinformation should be avoided.

I recently added an article as regards why it may take eternity for Nigeria to move forward at www.afamnnaji.com

Read it if you have time and see if it can help you readjust your style.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by Iman3(m): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2007
BABEELOVE:

You mean our aero graduates from covenant university ota!!!!  What about planes landing on grazing cows in PH International Airport  Or is it the pot holes like coal mines sucking up wings and tires of the Nigerian "molues" in the air, as they attempt to land on more cows

I don see scorpion inside a plane before,the defunct Capital Airlines .Who can forget my former favorite airline-Sosoliso?They had planes from the old Yugoslavia.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by BABEELOVE(f): 11:28am On Aug 13, 2007
I-man:

I don see scorpion inside a plane before,the defunct Capital Airlines .Who can forget my former favorite airline-Sosoliso?They had planes from the old Yugoslavia.

wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa--- in stitches! Please stop!!!! wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa!!!! I go die oh!!!! Laff wan kill me!!! Scorpion ke Na zoo grin
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by Iman3(m): 11:32am On Aug 13, 2007
Na extreme travelling grin If you use Nigerian Airports regularly,you won't have time to mock American Airports.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by BABEELOVE(f): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2007
Obviously most of them have never travelled by these planes even in Nigeria.  If what you say is true. I can't get over the scorpion part.  Say what  So denex and K0be you have these types of mobile labs/airlabs with scorpions and you are talking of America  Next we will find a "bushmeat" type animal inside one of them planes in Nigeria!!!  SCORPION shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by TayoD(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2007
@topic,

Another american wonder don happen. My computer just crashed a few minutes ago. Where can I post it on nairaland?
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by desgiezd(m): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2007
Often times, I wonder why its so easy for us in Nairaland to pick quarrels with ourselves. One should be able to write whatever one feels about any topic and whoever wants to disagree with such views can do so without insulting the other party. We need to step down our agressions towards ourselves, its not healthy, abeg.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by BABEELOVE(f): 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2007
desgiezd:

Often times, I wonder why its so easy for us in Nairaland to pick quarrels with ourselves. One should be able to write whatever one feels about any topic and whoever wants to disagree with such views can do so without insulting the other party. We need to step down our agressions towards ourselves, its not healthy, abeg.

Because we collectively have a problem with "misplaced anger management"!!!
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by denex: 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2007
@I-man

na wah maybe I need to script this your story of "Scorpions On A Plane" and "Unlockable Cockpit Windows On A Plane"

there is no lie that cannot be unleashed on Nigeria. Very soon, person go say e see Polar Bear back in the days of Nigeria Airways.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by Iman3(m): 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2007
denex:

there is no lie that cannot be unleashed on Nigeria. Very soon, person go say e see Polar Bear back in the days of Nigeria Airways.

You remind me of Wada Nas.Nigeria is Janna compared to the US and anybody who has had a bad experience in Nigeria must be telling a lie.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by denex: 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2007
I will not go as far as making those kinds of NASty statements but how you go talk say you see wild animal inside aeroplane for Nigeria.

In quality control, there Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP). At what point do you think this scorpion got into the plane?

And when a pilot was so inexperienced that he didn't know how to close a cockpit window, why didn't you just come down from the plane and trek to where you're going? Honestly, I do not intend this as a joke. Do not risk your life like that again. A pilot that basically knew nothing about the ABCs of a plane flew you? You no like life.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by Iman3(m): 9:33pm On Aug 13, 2007
Your posts typify the reason why I continually refer to you as an ignorant oaf.The first quote is an example of your ignorance,the second embodies your oafish qualities.

denex:

I will not go as far as making those kinds of NASty statements but how you go talk say you see wild animal inside aeroplane for Nigeria.

In quality control, there Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP). At what point do you think this scorpion got into the plane?

Scorpions on planes are not particularly remarkable.It could be anything from lack of a good aircraft hangar to careless passengers inadvertently coming on board with a scorpion-http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_6710.aspx.

And when a pilot was so inexperienced that he didn't know how to close a cockpit window, why didn't you just come down from the plane and trek to where you're going? Honestly, I do not intend this as a joke. Do not risk your life like that again. A pilot that basically knew nothing about the ABCs of a plane flew you? You no like life.

I don't know what a faulty cockpit window has to do with a pilot's experience or lack of one.In this case there were two pilots.If someone was to say to you that a man couldn't travel because his car wouldn't start,does that mean that he is so inexperienced a driver that he does not know how start a car?

If you have a faulty car window that won't close or open,a common thing in "Tokunbo" cars,I guess that means you are inexperienced.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by presido1: 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2007
I-Man why not go and join American forum, its too bad of you always on the negative side when it concerns nigeria. Are u nigerian or american leaving in UK. This is just ridiculous my man. You can quit coming back to Nigeria if at all you are outside.
East or West home is the best brother.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by denex: 10:41pm On Aug 13, 2007
@I-man

Shey you see the way Nigerians are? No matter where they go, they still remain the same.

I only showed concern for your life because I thought you were too smart to die a cheap death.

When you talk about about a scorpion on a plane, you should know that with the HACCP system of quality control, it is virtually impossible for there to be scorpions on a plane in Enugu because first, you should ask yourself what the general prevalence of scorpions is in Enugu.

If you tell me that you were in a plane in Tasmania or Arizona or Nevada or the Sahara and you saw a scorpion, I will estimate the point at which this scorpion boarded the plane.

Nigerians do not inadvertently carry scorpions and scorpions are very rare in Southern Nigeria. In my entire stay in Lagos I've seen none. In my entire stay in Benin, I saw one which I went looking for anyhow.

I haven't been to Enugu O! But from the small knowledge of entomology (which I failed anyway), I don't believe scorpions are very common in Enugu to be sighted in planes (they prefer desert type environments).

But if you say you saw a scorpion, you saw a scorpion. But I believe there was something paranormal involved.

you said it with your own post that THEY DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO CLOSE THE COCKPIT WINDOW.

I imagined that there could be something wrong with the window but when I read your post again, I saw the problem was with "know how" not with technical fault.

Why una too dey argue like winch for Nairaland?

If I'd said the window had a fault, you will say no. Now I took the path of what you said, yet you still say no.

If you're not sure of what you're saying or if you're using the right words to say what you mean, don't insult me.

If it's because I used the word NASty? I was refering to the WADA NAS' comment.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 11:14pm On Aug 13, 2007
afam nnaji has a chip on his shoulder. perhaps he needs me to remind him that he really is not 30% as smart as he is desperate to prove. Get over it, your write ups dont mke sense to me. i read the last one published in guardian, i almost thought it was a secondary school class project until i saw the decietful "afam nnaji is a company executive in lagos".

yeye people.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by BABEELOVE(f): 3:59am On Aug 14, 2007
@denex and company,

Please instead of taking these types of topics seriously like "government" jobs, why can't we just have a good sense of humour and stop being at each other's throats all the time Even if some of us are outside Nigeria, does it make us any more or less of Nigerians I think we all have the same goals and wish the best for Nigeria as our beloved country. Why most of you choose to make it a problem of "my way or the highway" is what is really sad.  Please let's discuss these things lightheartedly and I am sure we can come to a compromise.

presido1:

I-Man why not go and join American forum, its too bad of you always on[b] the negative side when it concerns nigeria.[/b] Are u nigerian or american leaving in UK. This is just ridiculous my man. [b]You can quit coming back to Nigeria if at all you are outside.[/b]East or West home is the best brother.

You think you can dictate to others how to think, feel, act and speak  It shows you do not understand the meaning of basic human rights.  Small wonder why Nigeria only always heads to the deep, deep south!!!--backwards!!!  Please learn to respect others' opinions even if they differ from yours.  Even when you have children, you encourage them to use their minds freely as you guide them.  Not to talk of an adult whom you neither cloth nor feed.  I say e go hard for us oh!!!  E go hard!!!!
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by Afam(m): 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2007
PTH:

afam nnaji has a chip on his shoulder. perhaps he needs me to remind him that he really is not 30% as smart as he is desperate to prove. Get over it, your write ups don't mke sense to me. i read the last one published in guardian, i almost thought it was a secondary school class project until i saw the decietful "afam nnaji is a company executive in lagos".

yeye people.

Boy, you don finish your exams? Face your studies and stop using multiple user IDs on a discussion forum.

The statement in bold is understandable considering the fact that you hardly understand anything on this forum (I just hope Seun wasn't too mean to have banned you because of the high level of olodoness you were displaying here).

Learn to tolerate other people's opinions even if you don't agree with them, it makes you a better person.

Enjoy!
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2007
Afam:

Boy, you don finish your exams? Face your studies and stop using multiple user IDs on a discussion forum.

The statement in bold is understandable considering the fact that you hardly understand anything on this forum (I just hope Seun wasn't too mean to have banned you because of the high level of olodoness you were displaying here).

Learn to tolerate other people's opinions even if you don't agree with them, it makes you a better person.

Enjoy!

when you take your own advice then you can be taken seriously.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by denex: 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2007
The computer crashes repeated, stranding more than 20,000 passengers by Monday.

Though the systems are currently being sorted and passengers are slowly being cleared, no one knows when a third crash would occur or how long it would take to clear the 20,000 passengers sleeping on the tarmac, waiting rooms and on the floor of the airport. Travellers are generally advised to Avoid the Los Angeles Airport.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by osereka(m): 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2007
DENEX MY MAN,
forget about all these americanised naijas
they are no more naijas THEY ARE FUCKING NIGGAS!
and do you know what oyinbo do to the first niggas?
THEY CHANGE THEIR NAME, IDENTITY, THINKING, ORIENTATION.
INFACT THEY REPROGRAM THEM TO THINK ANYTHING OYINBO IS GOOD, ANYTHING BLACK IS BAD

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pdp S-election In Ondo State / Aristo: A New Name For Prostitution On Campus / Yar’adua’s Closest Friend And Wife, Turai, Are Nigeria’s Biggest Smugglers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.