Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,682 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings (28352 Views)

Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? / Living In Bondage: Breaking Free Reviews And Ratings? / Zack Orji & Eucharia Anunobi's Sex Scene In 'Glamour Girls' That Shook Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Sterope(f): 6:19pm On Jun 27, 2022
Thank you cool
safarigirl:

grin

You sabi good thing
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Sterope(f): 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2022
I have o and it is a waste.

The men's acting was better.

I don't know why they keep giving the main character roles. Her acting has always come out forced even in skinny girl in transit. Nse was talking and acting like God knows what. Toke is not an actress, it shows!

As for the story, the plot and the theme, nothing was redeemable.

Mariangeles:

Have you seen the movie?

Why because of the men? Good acting? cheesy
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Mariangeles(f): 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2022
Sterope:
I have o and it is a waste.

The men's acting was better.

I don't know why they keep giving the main character roles. Her acting has always come out forced even in skinny girl in transit. Nse was talking and acting like God knows what. Toke is not an actress, it shows!

As for the story, the plot and the theme, nothing was redeemable.

I shouldn't bother then. Thanks. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by TMwise1942: 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2022
iamL:
Am yet to see glamour girls and I am going to watch it.

They should stop remaking classic since they have nothing good to deliver. All the remakes so far have been poor from:

Living in bondage: 3/10
Nneka the pretty serpent 3/10
Rattlesnake 4/10

undecided
Omo you no get joy ooh see rating na �
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by sehin79(m): 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2022
Thank God I wasn’t the only one that thought the movie was directionless
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
safarigirl:
Whew!

It's been a while I was here. So, I'm back for another review and rating. This time, it's for the newly released Glamour Girls, which is a PlayNetwork production, with a collaboration from Netflix, so you know, money was not an issue. I will be reviewing what exactly Play Network used this excess funds they must have gotten, to do.

Movie Title: Glamour Girls
Cast:
Nse-Ikpe Etim
Sharon Ooja
Joselyn Dumas
Toke Makinwa
Segilola
James Gardiner
Uzor Arukwe
Chukie "Lynxx" Edozien
Taymesan
Ejike Asiegbu
Femi Branch
Producer: Charles Okpaleke
Director: Bunmi Ajakaiye
Writer; Kemi Adesoye

Plot:

We follow the luxury lives of a group of women who make money off of wealthy men. Lies, deceit and betrayal are part of the ingredients to this life.

Review:

To be honest, if the plot seems vague and empty to you, it's because that's what the entire movie was; vague and empty.

While I expected the movie to tank, from the moment I learnt of the cast, I did not expect it to tank this much. Mo Abudu must be sighing in relief, that this shambolic production doesn't have her name on it. Honestly, I saw this movie for 46 minutes, and the entire time, I was waiting for it to start. 46 minutes in and nothing had happened. Where do I even begin?

Dem say make we try dey talk good, before we talk bad. So, the good from this movie? Uzor Arukwe, Lynxx, and James Gardiner. Beautiful men, very beautiful. Lovely African men.

Another good? Well, at least we are once again reminded that a lot of people who live luxury lives are not doing it on their dime or on the back of legal dealings, so, if you never blow because you're on the straight narrow, no feel say na only your head dem no wash. Na just road you no know, and some of those roads are not nice.

Phew! Let us now get into the nitty gritty of it all...

Let me start with casting, because like I said, from the moment I saw the cast, I knew this movie would not bang so hard. Sharon Ooja as Emmanuella, this lady is one of those people that I'm conflicted on; can she really act, or is it pretty privilege? My conflict was not resolved by her performance in this movie. There were moments I thought she was doing too much, and moments she was doing just fine. In total, her performance was decent, but not quite AMVCA Best Actress level. Nse Ikpe-Etim as Donna, while being a boss lady, was a bit too stiff. I have never seen Nse give such a poor performance, and I have to blame her co-stars for killing her vibe, because Nse can do no wrong in my eyes. Toke Makinwa as Lulu, chai! Toke should please, stick to those short YouTube videos she does with Falz, she had possibly the worst performance of the four ladies, her character just seemed like a caricature. There was a scene where Nse, Toke and Sharon were gathered at Donna's (Nse) house, the delivery in that scene was so poor, I cringed the entire time. And then Joselyn Dumas' performance was like she been no collect complete money for the film. It lacked any kick to it. Even when Jemma (Dumas), was broken by her boyfriend, Alexander's (Edozien) actions, it still did nothing. Thank God for her chemistry with Lynxx sha, it was a saving grace, because we got some intense, seggsual something from it. Possibly the only pair that brought what I imagine the producers were going for, as far as on-screen chemistry went.

Where the women tanked though, the men somehow held their own. Uzor Arukwe's brilliance need not be reiterated at this point, because we can clearly see why Nollywood dey rush the guy like hot puffpuff, but once again, he brought some comic relief playing Lulu's (Makinwa) Igbo husband. His mannerism and speech was nicely delivered and very believable. Femi Branch, is another actor who can never be caught slacking. I truly enjoyed his portrayal of Kunle, Emmannuella's (Ooja) 'sponsor'. Gardiner as Zeribe, played the tough bodyguard with a soft spot for oga's babe appropriately. We could have gotten more as far as chemistry with Sharon Ooja was concerned, but I'm not sure who to blame for this failure between himself and Sharon. I got what they were going for, but whatever chemistry rose at some points, would quickly fall, like a poorly baked cake. Taymesan as Tommy was decent, although he did not have to play a challenging role, and neither did Ejike Asiegbu tbh.

This is the first movie production I have seen Lynxx in, we hadn't heard much of him since he decided he was a born again pastor, and secular music held no interest for him anymore. Imagine my surprise that our MOG was playing the charming, seductive and very deceptive love interest of Joselyn. Ladies and Gentlemen, yes, I am a simp for Mr. Lynxx. Please, I don't have much to say, but filmmakers, call this guy. He's got the IT factor. Thanks and God bless. I look forward to seeing more of Lynxx on screen.

Now, to other things; plotline, sound, editing. PlayNetwork used money they should have used to hire a good scriptwriter, to travel around the world. When Donna (Ikpe-Etim) got into some issues, we saw her jetting to Beirut and Berlin, for what? We no know. They sha gave them money, and they used it for trips. The plot was a whole mess of parts that did not align, so, the editing was clearly questionable. The settings were good, albeit lazy, because seeing luxury in Nollywood doesn't hold the same excitement as before. Na aesthetics we go chop? The sound was also poor...just hold remote with you, because it got very loud whenever the soundtracks were on, and then low, when the actors were speaking.

We saw so many scenes that we could neither make sense of, nor justify. So many unanswered questions; what did Lulu's husband see when he went through that door? What led to the death of Alexander the Accountant? How did a third flash drive magically appear for Donna to steal $6 billion? And why were they playing "You're my honey bunch, sugar plum..." In a boxing scene?

We may never know the answers to these questions, and we honestly pray Play Network does not feel compelled to answer them with a sequel, because we will revolt.

This movie was a waste of time, a disservice to the memory of the iconic Glamour Girls of 1994, and a poor attempt at a remake. They should have used all that money to pay ASUU to call off the strike.

Rating: 5/10

Watch/Trash; The story is sweeter when someone else gists you, but you can watch for Lynxx wink.

If you have already made the error of seeing the movie, what are your genuine thoughts and ratings on the movie?
Thought it was the old Glamour Girls movie. Mtcheew
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Habayomie(m): 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2022
Issakaba is loading...
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by uncleteeh(m): 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2022
chukwugoziegi:
5/10.

You're such a generous rater.

The movie na trash. More like 1/10
The movie is trash and trash and trash.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Kalakazzy(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2022
Dreadlock69:
The movie I enjoyed most is ololade mí asake

Especially that part the woman said help me help me help me help me , Dem dey carry me wey I know no help me

The video coverage was a big blast abeg
werey
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Hyland(m): 7:01pm On Jun 27, 2022
safarigirl:
Whew!

It's been a while I was here. So, I'm back for another review and rating. This time, it's for the newly released Glamour Girls, which is a PlayNetwork production, with a collaboration from Netflix, so you know, money was not an issue. I will be reviewing what exactly Play Network used this excess funds they must have gotten, to do.

Cast:
Nse-Ikpe Etim
Sharon Ooja
Joselyn Dumas
Toke Makinwa
Segilola
James Gardiner
Uzor Arukwe
Chukie "Lynxx" Edozien
Taymesan
Ejike Asiegbu
Femi Branch
Writer; Kemi Adesoye

Plot:

We follow the luxury lives of a group of women who make money off of wealthy men. Lies, deceit and betrayal are part of the ingredients to this life.

Review:

To be honest, if the plot seems vague and empty to you, it's because that's what the entire movie was; vague and empty.

While I expected the movie to tank, from the moment I learnt of the cast, I did not expect it to tank this much. Mo Abudu must be sighing in relief, that this shambolic production doesn't have her name on it. Honestly, I saw this movie for 46 minutes, and the entire time, I was waiting for it to start. 46 minutes in and nothing had happened. Where do I even begin?

Dem say make we try dey talk good, before we talk bad. So, the good from this movie? Uzor Arukwe, Lynxx, and James Gardiner. Beautiful men, very beautiful. Lovely African men.

Another good? Well, at least we are once again reminded that a lot of people who live luxury lives are not doing it on their dime or on the back of legal dealings, so, if you never blow because you're on the straight narrow, no feel say na only your head dem no wash. Na just road you no know, and some of those roads are not nice.

Let me start with casting, because like I said, from the moment I saw the cast, I knew this movie would not bang so hard. Sharon Ooja as Emmanuella, this lady is one of those people that I'm conflicted on; can she really act, or is it pretty privilege? My conflict was not resolved by her performance in this movie. There were moments I thought she was doing too much, and moments she was doing just fine. In total, her performance was decent, but not quite AMVCA Best Actress level. Nse Ikpe-Etim as Donna, while being a boss lady, was a bit too stiff. I have never seen Nse give such a poor performance, and I have to blame her co-stars for killing her vibe, because Nse can do no wrong in my eyes. Toke Makinwa as Lulu, chai! Toke should please, stick to those short YouTube videos she does with Falz, she had possibly the worst performance of the four ladies, her character just seemed like a caricature. There was a scene where Nse, Toke and Sharon were gathered at Donna's (Nse) house, the delivery in that scene was so poor, I cringed the entire time. And then Joselyn Dumas' performance was like she been no collect complete money for the film. It lacked any kick to it. Even when Jemma (Dumas), was broken by her boyfriend, Alexander's (Edozien) actions, it still did nothing. Thank God for her chemistry with Lynxx sha, it was a saving grace, because we got some intense, seggsual something from it. Possibly the only pair that brought what I imagine the producers were going for, as far as on-screen chemistry went.

Where the women tanked though, the men somehow held their own. Uzor Arukwe's brilliance need not be reiterated at this point, because we can clearly see why Nollywood dey rush the guy like hot puffpuff, but once again, he brought some comic relief playing Lulu's (Makinwa) Igbo husband. His mannerism and speech was nicely delivered and very believable. Femi Branch, is another actor who can never be caught slacking. I truly enjoyed his portrayal of Kunle, Emmannuella's (Ooja) 'sponsor'. Gardiner as Zeribe, played the tough bodyguard with a soft spot for oga's babe appropriately. We could have gotten more as far as chemistry with Sharon Ooja was concerned, but I'm not sure who to blame for this failure between himself and Sharon. I got what they were going for, but whatever chemistry rose at some points, would quickly fall, like a poorly baked cake. Taymesan as Tommy was decent, although he did not have to play a challenging role, and neither did Ejike Asiegbu tbh.

This is the first movie production I have seen Lynxx in, we hadn't heard much of him since he decided he was a born again pastor, and secular music held no interest for him anymore. Imagine my surprise that our MOG was playing the charming, seductive and very deceptive love interest of Joselyn. Ladies and Gentlemen, yes, I am a simp for Mr. Lynxx. Please, I don't have much to say, but filmmakers, call this guy. He's got the IT factor. Thanks and God bless. I look forward to seeing more of Lynxx on screen.

Now, to other things; plotline, sound, editing. PlayNetwork used money they should have used to hire a good scriptwriter, to travel around the world. When Donna (Ikpe-Etim) got into some issues, we saw her jetting to Beirut and Berlin, for what? We no know. They sha gave them money, and they used it for trips. The plot was a whole mess of parts that did not align, so, the editing was clearly questionable. The settings were good, albeit lazy, because seeing luxury in Nollywood doesn't hold the same excitement as before. Na aesthetics we go chop? The sound was also poor...just hold remote with you, because it got very loud whenever the soundtracks were on, and then low, when the actors were speaking.

We saw so many scenes that we could neither make sense of, nor justify. So many unanswered questions; what did Lulu's husband see when he went through that door? What led to the death of Alexander the Accountant? How did a third flash drive magically appear for Donna to steal $6 billion? And why were they playing "You're my honey bunch, sugar plum..." In a boxing scene?

We may never know the answers to these questions, and we honestly pray Play Network does not feel compelled to answer them with a sequel, because we will revolt.

This movie was a waste of time, a disservice to the memory of the iconic Glamour Girls of 1994, and a poor attempt at a remake. They should have used all that money to pay ASUU to call off the strike.

Watch/Trash; The story is sweeter when someone else gists you, but you can watch for Lynxx wink.

If you have already made the error of seeing the movie, what are your genuine thoughts and ratings on the movie?

Wow! Nice..... You're one of the best critics I have seen.

I need your reviews/thoughts on KOB 2 and Omo ghetto the saga.
Thanks.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2022
Dreadlock69:
The movie I enjoyed most is ololade mí asake

Especially that part the woman said help me help me help me help me , Dem dey carry me wey I know no help me

The video coverage was a big blast abeg
lol
even me that part got me too
so she want make they help am bkos she no know where dem dey carry her go?
when she dey collect money who she tell she no suppose know say na who give go collect
abeg make nobody help her o
allow make they carry her go where she no know

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Yankee101: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2022
I thought it was the original
If no be Biron bike, no be Biron bike
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by IbileIfe: 7:21pm On Jun 27, 2022
It not a movie.
It is a TV commercial of Nollywood stars on Instagram by an opportunist producer.
It is an insult to the original "Glamour Girls" of 1993 directed by the multiple award winning Nollywood filmmaker, Dr. Chika Christian On.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by jaszplus12(m): 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2022
Sincerely I believe people watch Nollywood more for the sight of beauty, shape and sexy actresses and for the handsome guys and luxury houses and for the story...
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Goldbw122(m): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
I like the movie, it shows the shadow behind hustling through thick and thin, well I know it is not a good way to hustle but it shows the bad side so covert it to good side I rate it 7/10.

2 Likes

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by dasparrow: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2022
I was about to watch this movie on Netflix yesterday but then got caught up with other things. Thank God I didn't bother watching.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by harmargedon: 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2022
queenfav:
Thank God,i am even too busy to waste eye on a film that i don't think would be okay.
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Reussite: 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2022
safarigirl:
Whew!

It's been a while I was here. So, I'm back for another review and rating.

I was beginning to wonder where you were when I sought for your take on Glamour Girls on its release.

Mo Abudu must be sighing in relief, that this shambolic production doesn't have her name on it.
grin cheesy

Toke should please, stick to those short YouTube videos she does with Falz

Movie producers who honestly give roles to Toke are not serious film makers. My apologies. I mean it's been confirmed time after time that acting is not her thing.

Now, to other things; plotline, sound, editing. PlayNetwork used money they should have used to hire a good scriptwriter, to travel around the world

Typical Play network style. Spend lavishly for unnecessary scenes & events.

We may never know the answers to these questions, and we honestly pray Play Network does not feel compelled to answer them with a sequel, because we will revolt
Wicked grin

This movie was a waste of time, a disservice to the memory of the iconic Glamour Girls of 1994, and a poor attempt at a remake
Only LIB stood out amongst their remake. Nneka the pretty serpent should be the worse of the lot.

I am yet to so let me watch.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Shedrill(m): 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2022
safarigirl:
Whew!

Cast:
Nse-Ikpe Etim
Sharon Ooja
Joselyn Dumas
Toke Makinwa
Segilola
James Gardiner
Uzor Arukwe
Chukie "Lynxx" Edozien
Taymesan
Ejike Asiegbu
Femi Branch
Writer; Kemi Adesoye

Plot:

Review:

grin
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by naturefellow(m): 10:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
Reinamaria:
You're a good writer and a storyteller.
movie critic

Safarigirl. Do you have a social media handle for movie critiques? Or only on nairaland
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by HajiaNotu: 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2022
homesinabuja:

Lmaoooo
What's this
Comparing Blood sisters to glamor girls
Common!!!
Your taste must be really low
No offense
It is!!!
Next?
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by HajiaNotu: 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2022
Goldbw122:
I like the movie, it shows the shadow behind hustling through thick and thin, well I know it is not a good way to hustle but it shows the bad side so covert it to good side I rate it 7/10.
Thank you...At least I am not blind n dumb.....
Thank you once again grin

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by HajiaNotu: 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2022
The only Nigerian movie I have watched recently that's better than Glamour Girls is
Hibiscus Hotel smthing

Others like King of Boys oo(I didn't bother to finish),Blood Sister et.c are in the same caucus with Glamour Girls.....and I prefer more ...

Argue with ya keepad angry grin
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:02pm On Jun 27, 2022
iamL:
Am yet to see glamour girls and I am going to watch it.

They should stop remaking classic since they have nothing good to deliver. All the remakes so far have been poor from:

Rattlesnake 4/10

Living in bondage remake was ok..but they should have done more occult scenes

undecided
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:02pm On Jun 27, 2022
[quote author=iamL post=114197395]Am yet to see glamour girls and I am going to watch it.

Rattlesnake 4/10

Living in bondage remake was ok..but they should have done more occult scenes
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by safarigirl(f): 11:07pm On Jun 27, 2022
scholes23:
I may be wrong but the only movie remake they tried was Nneka the pretty serpent

You're definitely wrong, that is the worst they have done. The girl playing Nneka spoke Igbo so poorly, even Bimbo Ademoye's own was better.

My personal best was RattleSnake
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Yinksy09(m): 7:05am On Jun 28, 2022
The movie is interesting
Watching it with my Oraimo freepods Pro made it quite interesting.

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 28, 2022
No where the original, which I believe you be never seen, go watch it, most of the movies we are watching are sequels, it always pays to the original .
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Aidejay(m): 10:53am On Jun 28, 2022
HajiaNotu:
I think I like the film tho, the ending was not just took okay...

But I didn't fast-forward it unlike Blood Sisters...
I noticed Nse didn't change her hair, through the film tho...
Sharon, first time watching her act, she tried.
Na Waka pass role fit Toke, she no try for this film...

I prefer this film to Blood Sister.I will rate it 6/10

Blood sisters is amazing naaaa.
What's all this slander.

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by safarigirl(f): 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
naturefellow:
movie critic

Safarigirl. Do you have a social media handle for movie critiques? Or only on nairaland

For now, it's just on Nairaland. I don't have a social media handle for that just yet.

It's something I do at my free time

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by naturefellow(m): 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2022
safarigirl:

For now, it's just on Nairaland. I don't have a social media handle for that just yet.

It's something I do at my free time
nice work. Well done! Only a handle Nigerians have a good appreciation of performing art. Most watch only for entertainment or to keep up with Jonses/trend. No mind of their own to properly critique a movie.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by iamL(f): 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
safarigirl:

I enjoyed RattleSnake the most, and then Living In Bondage. I'm even offended you would rate LIB 3/10 with Nneka the Pretty Serpent . Nneka The Pretty Serpent was awful, the lead actress no even try at all.

This Glamour Girls is in the same category as Nneka The Pretty Serpent. I did not see their Aki & Pawpaw remake in the cinemas, so, waiting for it to hit streaming platforms.

I don't think they have any other remakes lined up for now, so, thank God for that.

I will pick Nneka the pretty serpent over LIB. LIB is a total nonsense, Ramsey Noah totally spoilt The Old fame of those movies.

I was really expecting Glamour girls to be different. I may see it this weekend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Khole And Anto Rock Bikini Tops / Am I The Only One Having Problems Downloading From O2tvseries / #BBNaija2018: "Miracle Is A Heartbreaker" - Bitto To Nina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.