Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Ekweremadu: What Could Have Happened? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu: What Could Have Happened? (115 Views)

Bombing Of Kaduna Residents Decided By God Else It Wouldn’t Have Happened -Tinub / Ekweremadu: What A Northern Nigerian Muslim Donor Would Have Done - Reno Omokri / Ike Ekweremadu: What Else Does He Want And Why He Should Consider Quitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: What Could Have Happened? by ScamHunter: 5:02pm On Jun 26, 2022
I really do not like Nigerian politicians, except Peter Obi. Nevertheless, I think that Ekweremadu's travails is the consequence of the aplomb associated with political office in Nigeria. When people are elected, they basically lose sight of reality. Would someone like Ekweremadu intentionally commit a crime? I think not. If he knew a crime has been committed, he wouldn't be present in the UK. And staying in Nigeria, he knows that he is above the law. Rather what I believe is that he entrusted the arrangement of something as personal as the donor that could save his child's life to one of the many retinue of aides that is one of the appurtenances of political power in Nigeria. Now, he's likely to pay for it.
From the sidelines, I think that the job of securing a donor wasn't properly done. I even doubt that the Ekweremadu's have met, stayed with and interacted with that boy as family. I mean someone who wants to donate a part of them to your child should be like family, even if you're paying them all the money you have in the bank. Money cannot equate life and the possibility that the boy wouldn't come out of the operation theater does exist. It is even possible that the boy was lured with the promise of material reward by someone Ekweremadu hired to find a donor. It is still possible that the boy wasn't privy to why he was in the UK. All these are the consequence of believing that you have the world in your pocket just because you have money, power or both.

I'm sure that if Ekweremadu had made the arrangement himself and possibly interacted with the boy, he would have been sure that they were on the same page before risking his daughter's life and his own freedom for aplomb. I pray that the girl finds succor soon. I also pray that Ekweremadu and many others would learn a quick lesson from this, being that, it's not everything that money can buy.

(1) (Reply)

Having Voters Card Alone Will Not Win The 2023 Elections / Buhari Swears In Southerner, Justice Ariwoola As Nigeria’s New Acting CJ / Police Officers Kill Driver, Motor Boy In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.