Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man (4844 Views)

Photos Of Norwegian Warship Allegedly Bought By Tompolo / Nairaland; Beware Of Another Attack If APC Loses Osun Election / Patrick Obahiagbon On Being Disturbed By A Girl On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by BIGERBOY1: 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2011
Why is it that when a criminal who happens to be a muslim commits a crime it is associated with islam, But when another criminal who happens to be christian commits a crime its not associated with christianity. (note the suspect in the norwegian case admitted to police of being a 'christian fundementalist')

Thats the same problem we have in 9ja, a year and a half before the elections when the BH menace initially resurfaced i used to work 100km from maiduguri, then they were killing islamic scholars who preached against them and going into mosques and shooting pple. But u hardly see those grabing headlines then,

My point here is a wrong is wrong who ever commits it. Lets stop the cheap politics going on now with our national security.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by okstol: 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2011
Why do something else with your time.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by BIGERBOY1: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2011
dude you should be telling that to the dozens of racial and ethnic comment posters all over this forum. or haven't u noticed?
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Afam4eva(m): 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2011
The OP has a point.That's how the western media(USA) have programmed our mind to think.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Ngwakwe: 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2011
He (with right leaning ideology) killed his own people (with left leaning ideology) not for difference in religion, but because of Government policy on immigration. A christian killed christians due to differences in ideologies of the ruling party.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Ngwakwe: 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2011
Basically the term terrorism as used today is referred to ideologies on differences in religion, race, civilisation, social class and predetermined prejudice / hatred  against other cultures
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Richtalk: 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2011
It only becomes a terrorist attack, when a group claims responsibility and are threatening to do more.Or the attack is linked to an already existing terrorist organisation.

Unfortunately most islamic radicals that fall carry out these attacks  are mostly members of small terrorist cells that are following the instructions  of the bigger organisations. That is why they called terrorist attacks
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by BIGERBOY1: 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2011
^^^
My guy this guy is linked to a far right political group who advocate violence against immigrants. infact the last i checked he supposedly published documents online on friday on his cause and how they want to go about acheiving it.

now what do u call that CHARITY ATTACKS?

FYI lot of far right media had already started blaming their minority muslim population even without preceedence. and trust me they r using muslims as smoke screen what they are after is an anti imigration policy to lock out africans and middle easterners, both xtians and muslims
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by deols(f): 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2011
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43857267/ns/world_news-europe/t/norway-massacre-suspect-calls-deeds-necessary-lawyer-says/?GT1=43001

Breivik, who liked guns and weight-lifting, belonged to an anti-immigration party and opposed multiculturalism, Islam and the "cultural Marxists" of the establishment.

the guy is a[size=25pt] christian terrorist [/size] and ds isnt the first time christians are killing others on the basis of religion. the mainstream media has a way of brainwashing (especially) not right thinking people who believe everything they read or hear.

http://news.yahoo.com/norway-suspect-wanted-european-anti-muslim-crusade-134428674.html
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by wesley80(m): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2011
For one, you've not seen Christians dancing in the streets anywhere in the world hailing the attack neither have you seen any christian Clerics no matter how extremely viewed speaking up in defence of the attacks. Or have you?

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by maclatunji: 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2011
Do not justify violence or try to explain it away. Poster, you have a valid point but the people you are trying to reform are almost beyond redemption.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by abdakeem(m): 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2011
Us said late osama was a freedom fighter bt wen he turned agaist them he became a terrorist!
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Sunofgod(m): 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2011
BIGER BOY:

Why is it that when a criminal who happens to be a muslim commits a crime it is associated with islam, But when another criminal who happens to be christian commits a crime its not associated with christianity. (note the suspect in the norwegian case admitted to police of being a 'christian fundementalist')

Thats the same problem we have in 9ja, a year and a half before the elections when the BH menace initially resurfaced i used to work 100km from maiduguri, then they were killing islamic scholars who preached against them and going into mosques and shooting pple. But u hardly see those grabing headlines then,

My point here is  a wrong is wrong who ever commits it. Lets stop the cheap politics going on now with our national security.

Are you suggesting 'Moslems' get an unfair press in the mainstream media ? How dare you suggest this -  cheesy

I recommend you subscribe to 'Al Jazeera' or stop watching the news.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by EzeUche(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
Ngwakwe:

He (with right leaning ideology) killed his own people (with left leaning ideology) not for difference in religion, but because of Government policy on immigration. A christian killed christians due to differences in ideologies of the ruling party.

Good post!
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by dapachez: 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2011
BH legacy to Norway.person chop belle full carry bomb kill eself and odas na wa oh God have mercy
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by midpoint: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2011
it is because if a 'supposed' christian kills others it is hardly because of Jesus or christianity but 'supposed' muslims kill and are proud to announce that they are fighting for Allah and islam. this is the case everywhere in the world nigeria inclusive. this is why their acts are linked to islam sir.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by BIGERBOY1: 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2011
^^^
this guy announce that he is christain fundamentalist who wants to cleanse europe of muslims, i doubt if thats killing for buddah's sake!

anyway i dont in justify his cause all am saying is call a spade a spade rather than find excuses not to.

and for pple on the issue of celebrating terrorrists, only those who perpetrate the act and their supporters do but not islam or the majority of muslims. and u need to also understand the political nature of these things, most of these violence which u conviniently ascribe to islam has some political undertones, like something to do with US and european involvements in middle east and bla bla bla, ,,,

i could go on and on, but lets not loose focus, there is some bias in coverage of global conflicts which is why fridays attack was rushed on islam rather than fully investigate.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Becomrich11: 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2011
may the soul of the people rest in peace. that is a heartless thing he did
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Afam4eva(m): 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2011
Are the people he killed muslims or his fellow norwegian christians?
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by midpoint: 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2011
terrorism and the killing of innocent people is evil whether committed by christians or moslems. what the man did was terrorism and it was wrong. but to answer the question of the OP there are more moslems killing in the name of Allah and islam and they are willing to be seen as such. you can name them.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by norrisman: 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2011
Christian killing christain is not terrorism abi? But muslim killing muslim in Pakistan and Somalia is terrorism. The republicans/ nationalists and unionists in Northern Ireland killing themselves are not Christian terrorists but when Al-Shabab kill fellow muslims in Somalia they are called Islamic extremists/ terrorists.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2011
His ideology was based on opposition to immigration,multiculturalism et al

Most people killed were teenagers of the left wing labour party with lenient stance on immigration.

Someone threatening to cleanse Europe of Islam would have thought he would attack mosques first  undecided No?
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Sunofgod(m): 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2011
Like the 'West' cares about the truth:

Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2011
Why a tabloid

The Sun is also right wing tongue
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by GAR3TH(m): 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2011
For the last time what is so hard about looking at the definition of terrorism.

There are different types of terrorism based of their motives.

The man in Norway was a Right-Wing Terrorist, Simple.

Terrorism has NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION.

ITS ABOUT THE IDEOLOGY OF THE TERRORIST and what the terrorist is fighting for.

It has nothing to do with western propoganda.

Types of terrorism includes but is not limited to:

Nationalist
Religious
[Christian, Islamic, Jewish, etc]
State-sponsored
Left-wing
Right-wing
Anarchist
etc
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by adejoro75: 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2011
Norwegian killed Norwegians
An arab kills others
See the difference?
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by olapluto(m): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2011
Absolutely spot-on @OP. I remember when this new first broke out. Every pundit, commentator and what nots on BBC and other media houses were searching for links with Islam. Some said a group related to Al-Qaeda have claimed responsibility. Others said the Muslims are now protesting Norway's NATO links, others said Gadaffi is suspect. I'm not surprised the 'Murdoch Puppet' already made an headline accusing Al-Qaeda.
Its a shame on the western media. They no longer have class. I remember BBC once called Nelson Mandela a 'terrorist', but today, a statue of Mandela is in Westminster. Such is the way the western media act. If you're with them, you're a dove, an angel. If you're against, you're a monster, terrorist, etc.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Ekiti1: 9:09pm On Jul 24, 2011
Altho I Dont really like arguments based on religion (I 've some good moslem friends) Methinks the poster is correct.
The difference is that for each terrorist act by christian extremists, we have like 10 by islamic extremists.
Not so?
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Ekiti1: 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2011
Altho I Dont really like arguments based on religion (I 've some good moslem friends) Methinks the poster is correct.
The difference is that for each terrorist act by christian extremists, we have like 10 by islamic extremists.
Not so?
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by lafuria1(m): 9:13pm On Jul 24, 2011
if d attack was done by a muslim, there wud be non stop coverage of of d event. The media decided 2  use words lyk madman, loner etc but avoided usin d word terrorist. D media didnt want 2 attach his religion 2 d crime even afta he admitted it. But wil do odawise if na muslim. #blamethemuslim.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by k2kay(m): 9:22pm On Jul 24, 2011
I read that this lunatic had even visited Nigeria in the past!
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by EvilBrain1(m): 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2011
Evil Brain:

I'm not claiming that he's not a real Christian, I'm saying that the killings were not motivated by religion therefore, OP's attempt to relate them to Islamic fundamentalism is a logical fallacy.

Obviously, Christians are just as capable of terrible acts of violence as members of any other religion. There are Christian killers and Muslim armed robbers and devil worshipping murderers.  A violent islamist is not the same as a Muslim who just happens to kill someone. Even Nidal Malik Hasan (the Fort Hood shooter) isn't officially considered to be a terrorist despite him being a muslim and killing 13 american soilders.

The thing is that nowadays its extremely rare for any one to cite Christianity as a justification for killing. Anders Breivik killed because of his crazy political views not because he thought the bible told him to. He wasn't recruited or radicalised in a church. He's not known to be in contact with any "radical Christian pastors" (if such people exist), and there were few references to Christianity in his writings. He is not known to have harmed anybody because of their religion: his attack was specifically targeted at government workers and members of the Norwegian Labour party.

The guy even stated in his manifesto that the killings were a sacrifice to gain publicity for his book. No mention of Jesus, or the Holy Ghost or heaven. Compare that to your average Islamic militant. They wear turbans and sing in Arabic and count prayer beads. They make "martyr videos" where they talk of Allah's glorious reward awaiting them in paradise. They encourage other Muslims (note: only Muslims) to join the "jihad". They kill "infidels" and fellow muslims who aren't radical enough for them.

If Breivik had done anything remotely similar to these things, It would be a completely different matter, but he didn't. Instead, it seems he's just your ordinary, garden-variety crazy person. That he happens to be a Christian is completely irrelevant.

I posted this in another thread in the religion section. Seems I should have come here first.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-719777.0.html#msg8779653

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Dementia Worsens, President Fumbles For Words, Goes Off-key During Secu / Picture Of Kidnapped Benue Corper With Bandits Resurface After Their Release / Tinubu Know What He Is Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.