Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man (4852 Views)

Photos Of Norwegian Warship Allegedly Bought By Tompolo / Nairaland; Beware Of Another Attack If APC Loses Osun Election / Patrick Obahiagbon On Being Disturbed By A Girl On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by ShiaMuslim: 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2011
"Norway Christian Terrorist Motive:"to Demand Crusade Against Spread Of Islam":

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-719777.0.html
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by londoner: 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2011
I was born and lived through an era in the UK, where the IRA bombed almost every two weeks, they were known and reported as terrorists at the time.

If there is full coverage of Muslim terrorist activity, don't expect ANY sympathy from me.

The actual Muslim terrorists love it, and all the attention they get as well as being labelled by the west as terrorists.

@OP, I think you will find that many media outlets in the west labelled this a terror or terrorist attack. So, maybe your point is not altogether factual.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by EvilBrain1(m): 9:48pm On Jul 24, 2011
ola_pluto:

Absolutely spot-on @OP. I remember when this new first broke out. Every pundit, commentator and what nots on BBC and other media houses were searching for links with Islam. Some said a group related to Al-Qaeda have claimed responsibility. Others said the Muslims are now protesting Norway's NATO links, others said Gadaffi is suspect. I'm not surprised the 'Murdoch Puppet' already made an headline accusing Al-Qaeda.
Its a shame on the western media. They no longer have class. I remember BBC once called Nelson Mandela a 'terrorist', but today, a statue of Mandela is in Westminster. Such is the way the western media act. If you're with them, you're a dove, an angel. If you're against, you're a monster, terrorist, etc.

They assumed that it was Muslims because Muslim fundamentalists are responsible for the majority of the senseless violence that goes on nowadays. There's no excuse for what they did but then a man who keeps getting caught stealing shouldn't be surprised when people check his pockets whenever anything goes missing.

Anyway, its stuupid to be condemning the "western media" for something a useless gossip rag like the Sun published. Did you expect journalistic excellence from them before? You can't really fault the media because not all of them jumped to the same conclusion and those that did corrected the error as soon as they found out about it.

Also, the South African ANC lead a campaign of bombing during the apartheid era. One of their bombs killed 19 people and injured over 200. Nelson Mandela was the groups leader at the time and was therefore, by definition, a terrorist; the BBC was correct. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Gerrard59(m): 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2011
O
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by londoner: 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2011
Seriously, sympathy is the last thing Muslim terrorists should expect.

Some are offended that people label some "disturbed" and others terrorists, well I find it offensive that some Muslims call people who plan and bomb thousands around the world "martyrs".
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by olapluto(m): 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2011
Evil Brain:

They assumed that it was Muslims because Muslim fundamentalists are responsible for the majority of the senseless violence that goes on nowadays. There's no excuse for what they did but then a man who keeps getting caught stealing shouldn't be surprised when people check his pockets whenever anything goes missing.

Anyway, its stuupid to be condemning the "western media" for something a useless gossip rag like the Sun published. Did you expect journalistic excellence from them before? You can't really fault the media because not all of them jumped to the same conclusion and those that did corrected the error as soon as they found out about it.

Also, the South African ANC lead a campaign of bombing during the apartheid era. One of their bombs killed 19 people and injured over 200. Nelson Mandela was the groups leader at the time and was therefore, by definition, a terrorist; the BBC was correct. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
YOu, sir, are not thoughtful enough to be regarded as intelligent. If only you extend you radar to 50 years back, you can then talk about who the persistent set of killers are. And maybe then, you will understand abit more about the world you live in.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Sunofgod(m): 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2011
Gerrard59:

One thing is MOSLEMS r terrorists. Thats 4 sure. KILL N GET 70 VIGINS. WICKED FOOLS. GOD BLESS THE USA

Nobody is disputing the fact that moslems are notorius terrorists.

The point the poster is trying to make is that when on the very rare occassion a terrorists attack is carried out by a non-moslem, should moslems still have their name dragged through the mud?

And should the non-moslem terrorist be refered to as something other than a terrorists?
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by aljharem(m): 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2011
Gerrard59:

One thing is MOSLEMS r terrorists. Thats 4 sure. KILL N GET 70 VIGINS. WICKED FOOLS. GOD BLESS THE USA

dumb iddeiot, why generalised.just becos iraq etc are like that does not mean us nigerians are the same angry angry angry angry stu.pid ideeiot

Sun of god:

Nobody is disputing the fact that moslems are notorius terrorists.

The point the poster is trying to make is that when on the very rare occassion a terrorists attack is carried out by a non-moslem, should moslems still have their name dragged through the mud?

And should the non-moslem terrorist be refered to as something other than a terrorists?

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry you too dey vex me now are days

mumu ideeiot
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by BIGERBOY1: 10:13pm On Jul 24, 2011
londoner:

I was born and lived through an era in the UK, where the IRA bombed almost every two weeks, they were known and reported as terrorists at the time.

If there is full coverage of Muslim terrorist activity, don't expect ANY sympathy from me.

The actual Muslim terrorists love it, and all the attention they get as well as being labelled by the west as terrorists.

@OP, I think you will find that many media outlets in the west labelled this a terror or terrorist attack. So, maybe your point is not altogether factual.

i dont expect any sympathy coverage for criminals who happen to be muslims, and infact most of these crimes r political steming from middle eastern conflicts (get that point ) and yes most western media called it terrorist while searching for a muslim/alqaeda link (infact the so caled int'l media reported feticious jihadist claim of responsibilities) but now that the guy is norwegian, media coverage is dying down or toning down the terrorist rhetorics to lunatic, lone assailant, madman disturbed individual etc.

my point again call a spade a spade.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Amalaaba: 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2011
OP, you are correct. May God bless you.

When the bombing started BBC, VOA, DF and CNN reported it as Muslim terrorist attack without evidence. The shooting that followed days after was reported as a deranged person's attack. His Christian extremist background was mentioned in passing, much later. His hatred for Muslims is never emphasized.  He has killed 93 so far; while many are still missing according to BBC this evening.

Please let us call a spade by its name; Just like Bush (who is responsible for killing of over 1million Iraqis), this guy is a Christianist. He is a Terrorist.  Since they recently coined Islamist, let them use Christianist appropriately.

Let the western media (That have been shown to be unprofessional and extremely corrupt, as revealed in the Mudoch case) purge itself of double standards.

A terrorist is a Terrorist, no matter his religious or ethnic make up.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Sunofgod(m): 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2011
alj harem:

dumb iddeiot, why generalised.just becos iraq etc are like that does not mean us nigerians are the same angry angry angry angry stu.pid ideeiot

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry you too dey vex me now are days

mumu ideeiot

Aboki - Get Away.

I understand there was a Bomb blast today in Maiduguri.

Where and where have you been today?

As far as i'm concerned your a prime suspect.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by aljharem(m): 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2011
Sun of god:

Aboki - Get Away.

I understand there was a Bomb blast today in Maiduguri.

Where and where have you been today?

As far as i'm concerned your a prime suspect.

you people should be careful on how you generalise. The way I talk on this forum should tell you that we Muslims in Nigeria are cool and are free minded.

Just don't add or catigorise us, with terrorist pakistan, iraq etc

We are different and in the same category with saudi arabia, turkey and us. we are not iraq or terrorist angry
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Sunofgod(m): 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2011
alj harem:

you people should be careful on how you generalise. The way I talk on this forum should tell you that we Muslims in Nigeria are cool and are free minded.

Just don't add or catigorise us, with terrorist pakistan, iraq etc

We are different and in the same category with saudi arabia, turkey and us. we are not iraq or terrorist angry

Please explain 'Boko Haram' then.

Are they not your fellow moslem brothers or are they foreigners?
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by londoner: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2011
BIGER BOY:

i dont expect any sympathy coverage for criminals who happen to be muslims, and infact most of these crimes r political steming from middle eastern conflicts (get that point ) and yes most western media called it terrorist while searching for a muslim/alqaeda link (infact the so caled int'l media reported feticious jihadist claim of responsibilities) but now that the guy is norwegian, media coverage is dying down or toning down the terrorist rhetorics to lunatic, lone assailant, madman disturbed individual etc.

my point again call a spade a spade.

Yes, lets call a spade a spade and a knife a knife.

I don't term every individual who causes death to another or others deliberately, as "terrorists". In the sense that we now term it, a person responsible for multiple or mass murderer is not always seen the same way as a "terrorist".

Nobody would automatically think of muslims when they hear bombing, if recent history had been different.

If in fact the bombing never happened, but only the shooting, I'm not sure people would have looked to find a "Muslim" culprit to blame.

That is the way it is, and Muslim terrorists have to take on their share of the responsibility that people now point the finger at them first.

It is a feature of human beings to jump to conclusions in those situations.

Just the same way when people receive a 419 email, they assume a Nigerian is behind it. We may not enjoy the assumption, but after we have calmed down, can we really blame them?

WE even make the same assumption, as Nigerians?

That is what happens when people come to know you for certain actions/dealings.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Chintua: 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2011
But when another criminal who happens to be christian commits a crime its not associated with christianity. (note the suspect in the norwegian case admitted to police of being a 'christian fundamentalist'). cheesy

Taink God.
Juju don fail.
Pipo eye don dey clear to take h-ask the correct questions.
Mu he he he he he

Welcome to the world of 'Satanic' Anti-Christians.

I repeat. The is no difference between a Christian and a Muslim. Both psychos!
ie did not kill his Mohammed only to mock him by calling him 'savior' every Sunday after eating his arze and drinking his blood for 'communion'. A plus in the Muslim corner for sure. kiss

Only psychos will kill their so-called savior by nailing his arzzze to a cross with 2 armed robbers and be proud to celebrate such a thing with a rational mind.

Mu he he he he

Funny bunch!
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by aspabay(m): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2011
@poster The guy in question killed for idealogical differences and not religious. Have you ever had of Christian militant or Chritian extremist? But the muslim guys (even though its not the general opinion) carry out their terrorism in the name of religion. They kill and maime in the name of Islamic militant, extremist and all sort. So you see its a different ball game.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Chintua: 10:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
We don hia.
But dem no kill dem Mohamed like una kill una Jisos.
So, which wan beta pass? tongue
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by modskiller(m): 11:19pm On Jul 24, 2011
NAH NAH NAH, RELIGIOUS BULL SHHIT AND CRAP.,
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by xterra2(m): 11:23pm On Jul 24, 2011
I agree with the OP, its unfair and unwarranted
Also the SUN - this is journalism at its worse
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2011
The analysis is as simple as ABC.

ISLAM preaches , practices and was founded on violence.

Christianity preaches, practices and was founded on Peace.

People who preach that Christians are also capable of terrorism are totally misinformed and have no clue, because their knowledge of history of the church and especially roman Catholicism is nil.

And even then you cannot begin to compare the very sad case of almost 92 dead, to the millions massacred my Islam in recent times.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by olapluto(m): 11:45pm On Jul 24, 2011
frosbel:

The analysis is as simple as ABC.

ISLAM preaches , practices and was founded on violence.

Christianity preaches, practices and was founded on Peace.

People who preach that Christians are also capable of terrorism are totally misinformed and have no clue, because their knowledge of history of the church and especially roman Catholicism is nil.

And even then you cannot begin to compare the very sad case of almost 92 dead, to the millions massacred my Islam in recent times.

How recent is recent times? 30 years max of 'uprisings' compared to 100 years minimum of crusader massacres? think broad and you will liberate yourself my brother.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 25, 2011
What a useless thread. The deep-seated insecurity of muslims is legendary. What a laugh. The Norwegian madman who is supposedly a 'Christian Fundamentalist' (there is NO such thing; how counter-intuitive!): why did he not target muslims? ? ? All the muslim TERRORISTS that we know of, is it not Christians and western interests that they target? Indeed, did the Norwegian madman mention that he was fighting/killing tn the name of Jesus or the Bible? In that regard, is it not the usual thing for these Islamic beasts to JUSTIFY their terrorism with the name of their so-called Allah, Mohammed and Quran? Lets not indulge fools who eat their own excreta. Every now and then in the western world we hear of deranged lone gunmen who suddenly go on killing sprees without any apparent motive. This latest case obviously fits into that pattern.

Trying to exonerate Islam from its defining tenets (violence and extremism) on account of this isolated case of motive-less madness is the most idiotic thing ever.

Terrorism is not necessarily the same thing as islamic fundamentalism. We know that. Terorists might represent a broad range of ideological interests, not necessarily Islamic. But we know for SURE that there has never been and would never be an established terrorist cell/group devoted to fighting the cause of Jesus Christ or 'defending' Christianity against 'infidels' (who send them work?). In that sense, the ONLY ONLY ONLY organized RELIGION-based terrorism known to man is perpetrated EXCLUSIVELY by muslims and islamic elements; and there is no evidence to the contrary.  Only an a.s, s.h.o.l.e would try to de-Islamize RELIGION-BASED terrorism. It is exclusively an Islamic phenomenon.

Pull down this useless thread and rid yourself of this Islamic virus. It is not a religion; it is in fact an affliction. A curse. A plague. A menace to mankind.

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by coogar: 12:37am On Jul 25, 2011
proO1:

What a useless thread. The deep-seated insecurity of muslims is legendary. What a laugh. The Norwegian madman who is supposedly a 'Christian Fundamentalist' (there is NO such thing; how counter-intuitive!): why did he not target muslims? ? ? All the muslim TERRORISTS that we know of, is it not Christians and western interests that they target? Indeed, did the Norwegian madman mention that he was fighting/killing tn the name of Jesus or the Bible? In that regard, is it not the usual thing for these Islamic beasts to JUSTIFY their terrorism with the name of their so-called Allah, Mohammed and Quran? Lets not indulge fools who eat their own excreta. Every now and then in the western world we hear of deranged lone gunmen who suddenly go on killing sprees without any apparent motive. This latest case obviously fits into that pattern.

Trying to exonerate Islam from its defining tenets (violence and extremism) on account of this isolated case of motive-less madness is the most idiotic thing ever.

Terrorism is not necessarily the same thing as islamic fundamentalism. We know that. Terorists might represent a broad range of ideological interests, not necessarily Islamic. But we know for SURE that there has never been and would never be an established terrorist cell/group devoted to fighting the cause of Jesus Christ or 'defending' Christianity against 'infidels' (who send them work?). In that sense, the ONLY ONLY ONLY organized RELIGION-based terrorism known to man is perpetrated EXCLUSIVELY by muslims and islamic elements; and there is no evidence to the contrary.  Only an a.s, s.h.o.l.e would try to de-Islamize RELIGION-BASED terrorism. It is exclusively an Islamic phenomenon.

Pull down this useless thread and rid yourself of this Islamic virus. It is not a religion; it is in fact an affliction. A curse. A plague. A menace to mankind.

thread is an epic fail.

norwegian does not belong to any terrorist group like al-qaeda or al-hamburger. he acted alone - killed his own people, born norwegian. he did not even go to any mosque to kill. he attacked ordinary youths. yes - what he did was evil but comparing this lad to al-qaeda is idiotic.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by mathskill: 12:37am On Jul 25, 2011
proO1:

Breivik posted a 1,500-page manifesto, written in English, on Friday, describing his violent philosophy and how he planned his onslaught and made explosives.

The killings would draw attention to the manifesto entitled “2083-A European Declaration of Independence,” Breivik wrote.

“Once you decide to strike, it is better to kill too many than not enough, or you risk reducing the desired ideological impact of the strike,” he added.

The manifesto posted by Breivik, a self-styled founder member of a modern Knights Templar organisation, hints at a wider conspiracy of self-appointed crusaders and shows a mind influenced by the fantasy imagery of online gaming.

“The order is to serve as an armed Indigenous Rights Organisation and as a Crusader Movement (anti-Jihad movement),” he writes in the document, chunks of which are cut and pasted from other far-right, anti-Islam documents on the Internet.

Breivik says he is not against immigrants who integrate and reserves a lot of his fury for a liberal European political establishment he views as promoting Europe’s destruction.

He hints at a wider conspiracy in the document, saying that the Knights Templar, a medieval order of crusading warrior monks, had been reconstituted in London in 2002.

Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by suprted(m): 12:43am On Jul 25, 2011
Sun of god:

Please explain 'Boko Haram' then.

Are they not your fellow moslem brothers or are they foreigners?

they are his fellow moslem brothers as much as the witch children pastors in akwa ibom are our christian brothers.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by mathskill: 12:46am On Jul 25, 2011
Just like the crusader's,like the pogroms against jews,like the slave master's of europe,like the atrocities of world war 1 and 2,like the okhlahoma bomber,like the torture's during the inquisition, NDER'S BEHRING BEIVIK IS AA BLOODY CHRISTIAN TERRORIST
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by mathskill: 1:02am On Jul 25, 2011
proO1:

Let me tell you what is a curse,plague and menace to mankind and threatens the very existance of mankind than the presence of nuclear weapons on earth, it is the defiling of young boys by priest's in christianity especialy in the catholic church,priest's presiding over gay marriages.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by jmaine: 1:12am On Jul 25, 2011

The guy is simply a terrorist . .
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by hbrednic: 2:01am On Jul 25, 2011
the guy is mentaly disturbed
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by juman(m): 7:43am On Jul 25, 2011
mathskill:

Just like the crusader's,like the pogroms against jews,like the slave master's of europe,like the atrocities of world war 1 and 2,like the okhlahoma bomber,like the torture's during the inquisition, NDER'S BEHRING BEIVIK IS AA BLOODY CHRISTIAN TERRORIST

jmaine:

The guy is simply a terrorist . .

There are extremists in every religion. Even people without religion.
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:00am On Jul 25, 2011
violent christians and muslims. angry tongue
Re: Norwegian Attack: If Muslim, Its A Terrorist.if Christian, Its A 'disturbed' Man by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2011
Christians are getting fed up. hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Of Second Niger Bridge, Facts And Lies(?) / Apc Rally Today At Oron,akwa Ibom Was Hmmmmmmm(pics) / MASSOB Scolds Ohaneze: Stop Demanding Political Privileges From Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.