Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This (1492 Views)

APC Leaders Support Tinubu In The Morning And Atiku At Night - Senator Akpabio / 2023: Buhari Will Not Support Tinubu’s Candidacy - Sule Lamido / South-East Governors Ban Movement Of Cattle Into Region By Foot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by IjawPatriot: 9:08am On Jun 27, 2022
Breaking News!!! Niger Delta Leaders Demand Republic For Region
Count Ijaw Out!!!!

Its Ijaw Republic we Ijaws stand for.

We already have Ijaw Republic suit for Referendum in Abuja High Court we have documents in UN.

All Ijaw main leaders work on Ijaw Republic with us
These guys know that without us they have no future
We don't want them.
Without us they are not even connected
They cannot put up with each other.
Expecting us to die for all like Christ again so they can enjoy
In the name of we Niger Deltans.

Ijaw Republic is bigger than the 51 smallest countries in the world including Isreal and Rwanda.
We produce over 90 percent of all Nigeria's crude oil because the whole offshore oil and gas are in Ijaw Rep areas. For Ijaw Rep areas occupy the whole ocean fronts too.

Apart from the one on Ijaw Republic main soil.

By Anietie Akpan, Deputy Bureau Chief, South South
25 June 2022 | 4:06 am

Prof. G.G. Darah

Some leaders of the Niger Delta have demanded granting of self-determination to their region to take total control of its resources and end years of alleged exploitation, deprivation and slavery of their people in the Nigerian state.

The leaders, who lamented that the people of the Niger Delta had been talking and agitating for resource control and restructuring of the country through conferences but to no avail, said the time had come for them to take their destiny in their hands.

In a keynote address at a conference by the Niger Delta Alternative Convergence (NDAC) to endorse the eight-point demand in the “Niger Delta Manifesto for Socio Ecological Justice” in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State on Thursday, former Chairman, Editorial Board of The Guardian, Prof. G. G. Darah said: “From the challenges we are facing in the Niger Delta region, we seem to assume that the Federal Government is on our side whereas the Federal Government is the number one enemy of the Niger Delta.

“Today, people are anxious to be the president of Nigeria because there is the Niger Delta oil for them to squander. What this means is that the political system is all organised for taking control of the oil money, to share it among the friends of the president. All the parties are organised gangs to loot and plunder the Niger Delta resources.

“That is the country we are in, therefore we must assume that whatever government that comes to office in 2023 will not be different from the past ones since 1960. Nigeria has been designed to steal our resources and share. They gather monthly in Abuja to share the money. All our presidents, now and past, occupied office for the purpose of plundering our resources, otherwise our own son would have done something. Jonathan, when he was president, had no capacity to touch any bad section of the constitution against the Niger Delta”.

According to Darah, “Nigeria exists today because of Niger Delta oil and Nigeria is the only country in the world that has colonised its people.

“Now we are pleading that the Federal Government should implement the manifesto. We have to do it by ourselves because if you look at history, it is not today that our people have been fighting against injustice. Jonathan called for a national conference and all the issues raised could not be implemented. So what we are doing now is the authentication of the national conference for Nigerian people.

“The structure of Nigeria is against us and to build a new Nigeria will take time. We need a Niger Delta that will be in charge of its own resources and aim to be a country of its own, a sovereign country. Some ethnic groups in the Niger Delta are bigger than some European countries and our ancestors in their grave will not forgive us that we succumbed cheaply. We are well populated”.

Prof. Lucky Akaruese of the Ishekiri nationality aligned with the position of Darah, noting that many countries of the world like Easttimo and Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia, Denmark and Norway, Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union that split into many countries are products of negotiations, so the Niger Delta and Nigeria cannot be an exception.

A prominent traditional ruler from Rivers State backed the demand for a sovereign state.

“I agree with Prof. Darah that we should clamour for Niger Delta Republic and the manifesto we are signing today, we should speak with one voice. We have been talking and now it is only action that will bring result. There is nothing the Niger Delta has gotten without struggle.
The manifesto will remain a document if we do not put it to action. The Pan-Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) presented a 16-point agenda but only two were implemented. So we need to take a deliberate action on some of the issues we raise here.”

The convener of NDAC and Executive Director of Health of Mother Earth Foundation (HOMEF), Comrade Nnimmo Bassey said: “The convergence also aims to produce an inclusive Niger Delta Manifesto for Socio-Ecological Justice highlighting needed alternatives for transformation and social mobilizations for resource justice. It is hoped that NDAC will provoke a platform for convergence of communities in the region to galvanise action for needed changes for re-source access, including through demands for legislative changes, debates on the Petroleum Industry Bill and for critical attainment of re-source democracy – defined as the right of a people to live in harmony with nature and to retain a right to use, or not use, the gifts of nature.”

He stated that 64 years of oil extraction had brought untold misery and cut life abysmally low in the region.

“Things cannot continue this way. We have demands and resolves in the proposed Niger Delta Manifesto shared to delegates. Let’s all rise to be counted, demand that politicians declare their environmental plans before they gain our votes. Let us demand real climate action, including a halt to gas flaring and a restoration of our ecosystems. Let us demand action to stall the washing away of our communities. After 64 years of a nightmare, it is time to wake up, it is time to demand socio-ecological justice. We are not calling for charity, we are calling for justice” .

Former governor of Akwa Ibom State, Obong Victor Attah and the National Chairman of PANDEF, Senator Ibok Essien clamoured for restructuring and total control of resources. They pleaded with the people of the region to get their PVCs to vote people that will carry out restructuring of the country.

In this article

NDAC
Niger Delta
Professor G. G. Dara

https://guardian.ng/news/niger-delta-leaders-demand-republic-for-region/

2 Shares

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by Nwodosis(m): 9:10am On Jun 27, 2022
I wish them luck
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by tunene66: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2022
Let us see how it goes
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by ERockson: 9:11am On Jun 27, 2022
Good one
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by IjawPatriot: 9:12am On Jun 27, 2022
Nothing like Niger Delta Republic.

Without Ijaws they are not even connected.

They cannot even put up with each other.

Ijaws are for Ijaw Republic.
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by IjawPatriot: 9:12am On Jun 27, 2022
Ijaws have fully rejected the Niger Delta Republic nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by Enwhen(m): 9:15am On Jun 27, 2022
Yoruba Niger Delta , this is a pay back time for Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 27, 2022
Election deals with many effects!
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by MMWandali: 9:17am On Jun 27, 2022
Ok
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by franchasofficia: 9:25am On Jun 27, 2022
I support Ijaw Republic if that's what Ijaws want.

I support Niger Delta republic if they want it.

I support Yoruba Nation if that will help them prosper and achieve Yoruba dream.

I support Arewa Republic if it will bring peace and progress to the Northerners.

I support Middle Belt Nation if that's what they desire to be happy and free from oppression.

I support any genuine agitation of any group of Nigerian tribe so long as it makes them free and happy.

I support Biafra since Igbos and other tribes who believe in Biafra desire their own nation.

Let's not be forcing ourselves to be under one big umbrella that's not covering us all from rain and sun. Europe is made up of small countries; some European countries are even smaller than Ikeja Local Government Area yet they are an independent country which is why Europe enjoyed all round civilization and development.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by IjawPatriot: 9:27am On Jun 27, 2022
franchasofficia:
I support Ijaw Republic if that's what Ijaws want.

I support Niger Delta republic if they want it.

I support Yoruba Nation if that will help them prosper and achieve Yoruba dream.

I support Arewa Republic if it will bring peace and progress to the Northerners.

I support Middle Belt Nation if that's what they desire to be happy and free from oppression.

I support any genuine agitation of any group of Nigerian tribe so long as it makes them free and happy.

I support Biafra since Igbos and other tribes who believe in Biafra desire their own nation.

Let's not be forcing ourselves to be under one big umbrella that's not covering us all from rain and sun. Europe is made up of small countries, some European countries are even small than Ikeja Loca Government Area yet they are an independent country which is why Europe enjoyed all round civilization and development.

Without Ijaw they are not connected.
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by Smithkafors(m): 9:35am On Jun 27, 2022
Stop spreading fake news...... APC leaders are now Niger delta?.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by Baawaa(m): 9:44am On Jun 27, 2022
The Op above, where is your sense of reasoning, you said APC leaders are now Niger delta, why are you labouring in vain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by franchasofficia: 9:55am On Jun 27, 2022
IjawPatriot:

Without Ijaw they are not connected.
Stop mocking others just because your tribe is located in a more favorable geographical location. You are not God that created yourself or your tribe nor others. You and your tribe didn't play any role in deciding where you are located, those are natural occurence so you don't need to brag about it or use your tribe's geographical location advantage to mock others cos same nature can turn the tides against u and that your favorable geographical location becomes a hotbed of natural disasters.

Life is deeper than we humans can comprehend, just focus on growing your region and stop mocking or making jest of others you feel are in unfavourable geographical location

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by LeoDeKing: 10:03am On Jun 27, 2022
Why won't they support pandora hoebi?

In our brand of democracy, everyone must have same choice as us, otherwise, we insult them down to their forefathers.

Therefore, we Obi supporters will show them the full length of our tongue.

My fellow Obi supporters, how una see am? grin
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 27, 2022
franchasofficia:
Stop mocking others just because your tribe is located in a more favorable geographical location. You are not God that created yourself or your tribe nor others. You and your tribe didn't play any role in deciding where you are located, those are natural occurence so you don't need to brag about it or use your tribe's geographical location advantage to mock others cos same nature can turn the tides against u and that your favorable geographical location becomes a hotbed of natural disasters.

Life is deeper than we humans can comprehend, just focus on growing your region and stop mocking or making jest of others you feel are in unfavourable geographical location
The same you that’ll haul insults and derogatory words on the Hausa/fulanis at every given opportunity is here talking about God and mock, like seriously? If this is not hypocrisy then I don’t know what else to call it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by franchasofficia: 11:36am On Jun 27, 2022
peepydelano:
The same you that’ll haul insults and derogatory words on the Hausa/fulanis at every given opportunity is here talking about God and mock, like seriously? If this is not hypocrisy then I don’t know what else to call it.
I condemn Fulanis because of their wicked acts and evil ways.

I condemn Fulanis because of how they have sworn to take away peace, joy and happiness from others in the name of whatever I don't know.

I do not have issues with law abiding and peace loving people of any tribe, my problem is with Fulanis and their wanton killings of others in the name of rearing cow or grabbing land. Nature will reward all Fulanis terrorising others. Nature will visit them with sorrows and terror

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 27, 2022
franchasofficia:

I condemn Fulanis because of how they have sworn to take away peace, joy and happiness from others in the name of whatever I don't know.

I do not have issues with law abiding and peace loving people of any tribe, my problem is with Fulanis and their wanton killings of others in the name of rearing cow or grabbing land. Nature will reward all Fulanis terrorising others. Nature will visit them with sorrows and terror
Same for Igbos and igbos. Have a nice century.
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by Xbobtage: 11:56am On Jun 27, 2022
The whole write up is a bit confusing, starts by talking about Ijaw Republic, then later digresses to Niger Delta Republic. There is a big Difference between both, you cant have both. I am a Niger Deltan from an Oil producing community in creeks of Nigeria but I am not Ijaw.

So what do these guys want??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by Xbobtage: 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
franchasofficia:

friend, the majority of Fulanis are peaceful people going after their daily bread without any land grabbing agenda. You cant write off an entire tribe based on some few bad eggs...Bad Judgement my man.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by franchasofficia: 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
peepydelano:
Same for Igbos and igbos. Have a nice century.
Igbos don't kill. Any Igbo man you see committing the barbaric act of killing another must have done it out of foolishness of trying to make money from it.

Igbos are not terrorists, desperate Nigerian government is desperately looking for ways to tag them bad name to convince western world to proscribe IPOB as a terrorist organization by masterminding killings in the name of unknown gunmen killing people in the East.

God is watching us all. You all know the truth but your hatred for Igbos won't let you admit.

Because of their evil agenda in Igbo land, they forced Hopeless Uzodinma on Imo people whom they have been using to cause havoc and killings of people in the east.

Your FG via DSS have their own brand of UGM they are using to infiltrate ESN and kill people in SE while tagging it UGM and IPOB killings, God of justice is watching and will strike at the right time.

IPOB leadership have been condemning the killings and adoption of Igbos. No other terrorist group denies their own killings, they rather use it to brag. Fulani herdsmen terrorists always admit their killings and even issue more threats.

You know the truth but will never admit so enjoy but remember that God and nature are watching you and I and will reward us according to our deeds at the right time.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by franchasofficia: 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
Xbobtage:

friend, the majority of Fulanis are peaceful people going after their daily bread without any land grabbing agenda. You cant write off an entire tribe based on some few bad eggs...Bad Judgement my man.
Yes a lot of Fulanis are innocent that's obvious truth but most of their leaders have sworn to make Fulani a majority tribe in Nigeria and reason they imported deadly foreign Fulani herdsmen terrorists from around Africa to help them achieve their evil agenda in Nigeria and that's why they are everywhere occupying all Nigerian forests and building terror cells from where they launch attacks on Nigerians starting from those in remote areas.

They add kidnapping high profile Nigerians for ransom to generate the much needed fund they need to buy sophisticated arms and prepare for final battle.

Fulanis have evil agenda in Nigeria and not all Fulanis know about this and those that know are afraid of speaking up cos they and their families will be wiped out.

That is why Fulanis have been busy installing themselves in top positions of Nigerian security and government to coverup their evil acts until they achieve it and they have been successful because most Nigerians are dafts and focused on entertainment, money making and fun while the Fulanis mastermind the take over of Nigeria
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
What's the population of Ijaw nation?
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by BloomingDale(f): 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2022
IjawPatriot:
Nothing like Niger Delta Republic.

Without Ijaws they are not even connected.

They cannot even put up with each other.

Ijaws are for Ijaw Republic.

I watched your lawyer’s interview. He only mentioned Rivers, Bayelsa and parts of Delta state as Ijaw area. Watch his interview again. It’s not by coming to Nairaland to shout.
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by Orukomeno: 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2022
How una go form the and cut the map.Ijaw republic kor.Make una better start to emulate Isoko and Urhobos.They get oil and their youth still dey hustle

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by GreatBoss: 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2022
Orukomeno:
How una go form the and cut the map.Ijaw republic kor.Make una better start to emulate Isoko and Urhobos.They get oil and their youth still dey hustle

All Ijaw areas are fully together.

They share perfect boundaries with each other.
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by GreatBoss: 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2022
BloomingDale:

I watched your lawyer’s interview. He only mentioned Rivers, Bayelsa and parts of Delta state as Ijaw area. Watch his interview again. It’s not by coming to Nairaland to shout.

He mentioned no where you liar.

All Ijaw in the six states share perfect boundaries with each other.
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by GreatBoss: 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2022
Xbobtage:
The whole write up is a bit confusing, starts by talking about Ijaw Republic, then later digresses to Niger Delta Republic. There is a big Difference between both, you cant have both. I am a Niger Deltan from an Oil producing community in creeks of Nigeria but I am not Ijaw.

So what do these guys want??

Ijaw produce over 90 percent of all Nigeria's crude oil.

All offshore oil are on Ijaw Republic areas.
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by BloomingDale(f): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
GreatBoss:

He mentioned no where you liar.

All Ijaw in the six states share perfect boundaries with each other.

I will look for the video and link it.
Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by GreatBoss: 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
BloomingDale:

I will look for the video and link it.

I have the video see the pics let me go bring the video link

Video on Ijaw Republic Referendum Suit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrzOHeaVq8w

Re: Breaking News!! Niger Delta Leaders Support Tinubu For Region By Asking For This by islandsscotch8: 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
Asiwaju makers of men , Jah bless the leader. Again, jagaban till eternity

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labour Party Town Hall Meeting In Calabar / If Tinubu Can Say This Confidently In Public I Will Vote For Him / Peter Obi's Achievements In Education & How He Took Anambra From 27th To 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.