Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? (5340 Views)

Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions / Naira Drops As US Begins Monetary Tightening !!! / Sanusi, Monetary Policy And Economic Development In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by ak47mann(m): 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2011
Fg Uncovers Boko Haram’s Funding Secrets

Counter terrorism experts who are on the trail of  the dreaded Boko Haram sect were said to have uncovered some funding secrets of the group lately.

Investigations by the Sunday Tribune indicated that the team had discovered some high profile funding being traced to operations of the group.

Sources confirmed that the sect, which started as a backwater religious organisation around year 2000, has now acquired the sophistication almost comparable to that of the international terror group, the Al-Qaeda.

Sources confirmed that the Boko Haram had hijacked the Awalla Monetary System, used in the middle East, as its main means of financial transfer and that the operatives have discovered that an otherwise innocent means of funds transfer had been diluted and is now being used for its benefit.

SUNDAY TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by otokx(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2011
media propaganda
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by houvest: 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2011
It goes further than Awalla.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by Mbeki: 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2011
Rubbish !

Who are these so called top Nigerians?

Let's continues wasting our time and deceiving ourselves, greed and corruption is gradually killing this country.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by Gbawe: 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2011
Mbeki:

Rubbish !

Let's continues wasting our time and deceiving ourselves, greed and corruption is gradually killing this country.

Indeed.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by Osama10(m): 6:22pm On Jul 24, 2011
The Nigerians involved are they nameless?
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by Becomrich11: 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2011
boko haram believe have been in the north for more than 50 years. parent never send their children to school because they believe they should not get exposed to western believe. while i was teaching in the north , i had to go to some of the children houses to make them accept western education. boko haram is not a sect. but a believe system in the north. and more than 30 million northern share this believe.

when boko haram has 30 million followers, believe who share core believe like boko haram. you know you are in trouble. 80% of fulani people share boko haram believe. this is why they refuse to change their nomadic life styles.

boko haram as a sect only but rather than a people believe. you can see their governors offering apology to boko haram. they do not want to change their life style
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by kasiem(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2011
Becomrich, u've said the unalloyed truth.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by jmaine: 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2011
Wonderful reasoning from Becomrich  cheesy cheesy  . . . .
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by member479760: 7:32am On Jul 25, 2011
That means one cannot win them by killing but curing by enlighten to transform the believe.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by Doptimist2: 7:49am On Jul 25, 2011
@Becomrich, you've said it all. I'm currently serving there so i knw what it is like,
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:00am On Jul 25, 2011
The Highly-placed politicians who who funded Kidnappings in the East are nameless
The Highly-placed politicians who who funded the Jos Religious Crisis are nameless
The Highly-placed politicians who who killed Funso Williams are nameless

But here is the kicker, the Police have a list they have refused to publish pending further investigation grin

I pity the lot who continue to have hope that one day Nigeria go better. How?!
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by isleman(m): 8:15am On Jul 25, 2011
what is awalla? i guess this people want attention just like the Niger -delta militants did. but they should at least identify themselves and say their grievances like the militants did.

I beg to be corrected, but each day we deceive ourselves and shy away from the truth. Nigeria is a forced relationship that led to an unhappy marriage. the north and the south have very great contrast in belief, religion and almost everything.

Please help me here, when a relationship or marriage goes sour and its leading to one attempting the life of the other, what is the solution to it?

That answer is the solution to Nigeria!!!
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by Mbeki: 8:33am On Jul 25, 2011
Rubbish !

Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by rhymz(m): 8:40am On Jul 25, 2011
@Becomrich
While I agree with most of the points you raised, I don't share the belief that Boko Haram is just a belief system as opposed to the generally accepted belief that they are a fundamentalist sect that tend to take their views of the Koran to the extremes.
Generally, many muslims blame the decadance of their society on the vanity of western culture and societal idiosyncracies. The belief system you talk about is the Almajiri school system practised in the north, mostly by childrien of peasant farmers with numerous wifes and countless childrien with no real intentions to train them.
The excuse usually given by these peasants for taking their childrien to almajiri schools with exploitative mallams as their guardian is thesame faulty logic of branding anything as evil. However, a closer observation will reveal that the main reason why that system of education has continued to flourish in the north unabated is POVERTY and the faulty teachings of the Koran which encourages irresponsible polygamy.
A parent that wants to absolve himself of any responsibility towards a child sends him/her to the almajiri school where the childrien can stay in the tutelage of grossly incompetent mallams whose understanding of their koran is warped with some seriously flawed political bent.
They brainwash these childrien and use them for political gains and for the next 3-4years are left to fend for themselves a cram every page of the koran, all these going on without them having to see their parents for the duration of this systematic religious brainwash.
No wonder there is no clear cut explanation as to what their agitation is all about besides making ridiculous threats and demands.
Government needs to start with those informal almajiri schools in the north which to me, serve as the factories for producing these societal misfits and religious robots. No matter how beautiful the koran is touted to be, nobody should be raised or trained solely on the dictates of any religious books. They are usually dangerous when swallowed hook, line and sinker without an informed mind to vet the information they give. and the faulty teachings of the Koran which encourages irresponsible polygamy.
A parent that wants to absolve himself of any responsibility towards a child sends him/her to the almajiri school where the childrien can stay in the tutelage of grossly incompetent mallams whose understanding of their koran is warped with some seriously flawed political bent.
They brainwash these childrien and use them for political gains and for the next 3-4years are left to fend for themselves a cram every page of the koran, all these going on without them having to see their parents for the duration of this systematic religious brainwash.
No wonder there is no clear cut explanation as to what their agitation is all about besides making ridiculous threats and demands.
Government needs to start with those informal almajiri schools in the north which to me, serve as the factories for producing these societal misfits and religious robots. No matter how beautiful the koran is touted to be, nobody should be raised or trained solely on the dictates of any religious books. They are usually dangerous when swallowed hook, line and sinker without an informed mind to vet the information they give.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by Tinax(f): 8:44am On Jul 25, 2011
pls house what is "awalla"
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by salihu2nic: 8:55am On Jul 25, 2011
Becomrich believe me i don't see any difference btw ur view and d devil. Y are u making baseless assertion? I guess u don't knw d sect therefore u are not qaulify to say those rubbish. U may have serve there bt u only hear ''boko haram'' on media. Any responsible nigerian will not bliv wat u said in ur post that all northernan are boko haram bc u tink they hv d same blif. Becomrich here is my email salihu2nice@yahoo.com.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by 8686(m): 9:07am On Jul 25, 2011
Isleman has said it all,
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by phreakabit(m): 9:38am On Jul 25, 2011
isleman:

what is awalla? i guess this people want attention just like the Niger -delta militants did. but they should at least identify themselves and say their grievances like the militants did.

I beg to be corrected, but each day we deceive ourselves and shy away from the truth. Nigeria is a forced relationship that led to an unhappy marriage. the north and the south have very great contrast in belief, religion and almost everything.

Please help me here, when a relationship or marriage goes sour and its leading to one attempting the life of the other, what is the solution to it?

That answer is the solution to Nigeria!!!

NUKE THE FREAKING NORTH INTO EXTINCTION!!!!!! I think it would be very much justified.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by biggozz(m): 9:42am On Jul 25, 2011
That is the same way our "meant-for-good" ISLAMIC BANKING will be used underground to commit evil. I had asked a question "If Islamic banking is neutral and harmless as defended, why cant it bear a neutral name as well in an already tense and multi-religious nation as Nigeria? We will keep praying for this Nation, but the price of its peace must be paid with the lives and blood of the wicked!
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by mikedanza(m): 10:02am On Jul 25, 2011
Tinax:

pls house what is "awalla"
'Hawala' system is a type of informal transfer of money that relies on the honour code to get funds across to receipients without the need for normal documentation or technology. If an organisation in Iran wants to transfer money to Nigeria It MEETS A Hawala dealer in Iran and gives him the money with details of the beneficiary in Nigeria. The Iran dealer calls up a Nigerian dealer with the details. The Nigerian Dealer contacts the beneficiary and pays him. To Settle Payments the Nigerian Dealer waits until he has a Transfer to Iran also, he does the same and the Iranian Dealer effects payment without any actual transfer of money. differences in accounts can be settled by other means other the cash. The Nigerian dealer can ask his Iranian counterpart to import goods for him worth the difference without any actual transfer of money taking place. It is therefore very difficult to trace the origin or beneficiary of funds because no money goes through the banking system and no documentation anywhere. Hope this answers your questions! Thanks.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by Tinax(f): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2011
mikedanza:

'Hawala' system is a type of informal transfer of money that relies on the honour code to get funds across to receipients without the need for normal documentation or technology. If an organisation in Iran wants to transfer money to Nigeria It MEETS A Hawala dealer in Iran and gives him the money with details of the beneficiary in Nigeria. The Iran dealer calls up a Nigerian dealer with the details. The Nigerian Dealer contacts the beneficiary and pays him. To Settle Payments the Nigerian Dealer waits until he has a Transfer to Iran also, he does the same and the Iranian Dealer effects payment without any actual transfer of money. differences in accounts can be settled by other means other the cash. The Nigerian dealer can ask his Iranian counterpart to import goods for him worth the difference without any actual transfer of money taking place. It is therefore very difficult to trace the origin or beneficiary of funds because no money goes through the banking system and no documentation anywhere. Hope this answers your questions! Thanks.

Thanks for the explanatn.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by tantan: 10:23am On Jul 25, 2011
if a religious sect shed the  blood of your fellow being  and you support that, u most be HEARTLESS. islam as we know and believe abhor the killing of a fellow being even a non-believer.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by Gbenge77(m): 10:45am On Jul 25, 2011
Gej has not shown enough resolve in tackling this boko haram menace.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by orble: 11:03am On Jul 25, 2011
EVERYDAY NEW WAHAALA !!
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by ahmadgulam(m): 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2011
@ posters i get to understand many people fail to under by the mission and vision of the so call boko haram me i call them jama'atu ahlil sunnu lil da'awati wal jihad. . . to be continue. . .
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by Reference(m): 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2011
I'm relieved some Nigerians are beginning to understand what is happening. What this country is all about. And perhaps where we may all be heading very soon if certain issues are not sorted out. The last elections and indeed the transition to civil rule has put this country under a firm microscope. I mean no harm whatsoever.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2011
The first time i may agree with some part of your propaganda, mind is you is not a conviction. within the contest of, its a general or a systematic believe i'm doubting it. But i generally agree with you in general terms that the word itself {BOKO} in Hausa language it mean RUSE. I read it, with the inception of western education in it early days the northerners rejected it in their view of religious conflict it has, hence the started calling it makarantar BOKO, meaning deceitful school. And most of the people who attended the western education schools in those days are either by forced or from poor families. But this does not tally with your opinion in anyway that boko haram is now 50 yrs in northern Nigeria

What this sect are doing is as result of injustice, and it it will mesmerize you the way they are carrying out their menace, their targets are government, the govt that pushes a lot of us into poverty, the govt that deprived us of basic amenities, the govt that dis allowed co-existence of peace between it subjects, May God help this country!
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by joecrack(m): 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2011
@abu maryam
did i read u say they(boko haram) are fighting govt
i guess innocent citizens chillin out in joint or bars are the govt.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by tpia5: 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2011
What's an awalla money system.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by joecrack(m): 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2011
tpia@:

What's an awalla money system.

can u kindly look up and read mike adanza's post.
Re: Boko Haram Funded Using Awalla Monetary System? by Myself2(m): 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2011
Why do Southerners have to put up with this Hausa/Fulani s[i]hi[/i]t?if some f[i]uc[/i]ked-up muslims say they dont want western education,they want sharia and all that,why not allow them have their way;but in their own country?must we live together as one nation?why cant we split into two or three parts like Czekoslovakia split into two;PEACEFULLY??
Oh I geddit,the lure of the crude oil from the south is too strong an attraction for those greedy northerners to let go
Buncha hypocrites

(1) (2) (Reply)

The North Is Not One And Will Never Be In 2015 / Breaking!!! Oyakhilome’s Brother, Rev. Ken Impregnates South African Member / Confused APC Member Refers To Roads Constructed By GEJ As Foreign Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.