Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) (33442 Views)

My Special Unripe Plantain Porridge With Oil And Vegetable Blend (pics & Video) / I Cooked This Strange Food I Found On Jumia / See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by Eyanbahose: 6:05am On Jun 28, 2022
Nice! Looks yummy.

Just the way my Oraimo smartwatch looks cool on me

Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by shantti(m): 6:20am On Jun 28, 2022
07kjb:
All this ingredients to cook beans is obvious you don't know what you are doing

The best oil to cook beans is palm oil any more than it is poison

Gbam
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by otokx(m): 6:38am On Jun 28, 2022
ama19:

Vegetable oil please. This particular recipe is not for red oil. Thanks

Would like to see your palm oil recipe.
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:40am On Jun 28, 2022
citadels:
God forbid this kind of delicacy, beans has natural sweetness I cook beans with oil, salt, onion, pepper sometimes crayfish yet still delicious.
This isn't how everyone on Earth cooks beans sister.
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:41am On Jun 28, 2022
07kjb:
All this ingredients to cook beans is obvious you don't know what you are doing

The best oil to cook beans is palm oil any more than it is poison
And this one will go to market and buy Heinz baked beans. Palm oil that has one of the worst tastes on Earth
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:43am On Jun 28, 2022
Beans isn't something that you eat with all this ingredients. You should try baked beans sister, I believe you'll like it, though it takes horribly long to prepare.
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 6:50am On Jun 28, 2022
ceeceeco:
I dislike all these swag pattern of cooking, just cook food normal for someone to eat. I doubt this food will be as delicious as a normal pattern of cooking beans.

When you have not yet tasted it, how can you be certain it won't be delicious? The constant thing in life is change, tradition must meet innovation at some point....

1 Like

Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 6:57am On Jun 28, 2022
SoapQueen:

I was going to say that but I didn't want to come off as hateful. I can't eat her food. I do not know how to cook much either but I've seen photos of what some guys here are doing. I saw their food ehn, and the food looked so good that I started eating so much food in real life. My appetite increased like mad. Those guys know how to throw it down in the kitchen.

I appreciate your feedback, whether likeful or hateful. It is not expected that everyone will like every type of meal equally. But letting go of inhibitions and being open to new ideas is one way to embrace changes. I can bet you will never eat raw fish (sushi), but whether you like it or not, it's a great delicacy in far East countries like Japan.

Cooking is an art, open your eyes to new possibilities dear.

2 Likes

Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 6:58am On Jun 28, 2022
Deegee2121:
Nice and innovative..me i like enjoyment grin, na beef go sure pass for me..

Thanks! You will love this meal, no jokes! smiley
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 7:00am On Jun 28, 2022
Ruby458:
Very creative of you, poster.

I have added cabbage to beans before. I was trying to lose weight, so I was adding veggies into any food I cooked. It was actually nice. Gave it some crunch cheesy grin. And yes, I achieved my weight loss goal.

Thanks very much! Good job with your weight loss goal.

2 Likes

Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 7:00am On Jun 28, 2022
otokx:

Would like to see your palm oil recipe.

Ok, you will see it soon!

1 Like

Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 7:03am On Jun 28, 2022
LienwaltAbel:
Beans isn't something that you eat with all this ingredients. You should try baked beans sister, I believe you'll like it, though it takes horribly long to prepare.

Not as long as you think. You can try cooking beans with a pressure cooker to make it soft before adding the other ingredients, it reduces the cooking time considerably by up to 60%.
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 7:04am On Jun 28, 2022
Eyanbahose:
Nice! Looks yummy.

Just the way my Oraimo smartwatch looks cool on me

Thanks, nice marketing concept! grin
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 7:05am On Jun 28, 2022
lawrenzooo:
Ahhhh this got me salivating. Well done. Hopefully I marry a lady whose hobby is cooking because my own hobby na eating.

Thanks very much!
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 7:12am On Jun 28, 2022
nkemdi89:
It looks nice, personally I love my beans simple, just like ukwa that doesn't need too much ceremony, beans is already an heavy food , adding more ingredients makes it looks too busy.

Thanks. Your points are noted, but if you can try out this recipe even on a small scale, the you will be convinced that beans can be many more things than being just simple. You will love the taste, simple.

I think beans is one of the must disregarded of foods. So many innovative ways exist to prepare foods like rice and yam but beans is left far behind. smiley

It's about time we started showing beans some more love and becoming creative. Cooking is an art, not just a chore.

1 Like

Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 7:15am On Jun 28, 2022
poyo:
Waste of ingredients and oney. Just cook your beans with read oil, crayfish salt and pepper.

And if I may ask, in what food will these ingredients not be a waste? Rice and chicken?

So it's only beans that deserves to be cooked poorly abi? Wehdone o grin

1 Like

Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by LienwaltAbel(m): 7:18am On Jun 28, 2022
ama19:

Not as long as you think. You can try cooking beans with a pressure cooker to make it soft before adding the other ingredients, it reduces the cooking time considerably by up to 60%.
Okay. Thanks for the tip.
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 7:19am On Jun 28, 2022
Serial48:
You go mess tire today, inu e mabu
On the contrary, you may not mess tire as you think. Try the hack of using some garlic to cook the beans.
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by doggedfighter(f): 7:19am On Jun 28, 2022
pocohantas:
Why are Nigerians averse to posh beans?

I can’t eat that bland beans and oil you people cook o. While I would put curry and carrot, it must have dry fish. The oil must be bleached too.

Would or wouldn't?
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 7:23am On Jun 28, 2022
Ishilove:

Oh Christ, curry, cabbage and carrot inside beans cry You even added vegetable oil. Inside beans!!!!! undecided cry

Don't bother, I'll pass embarassed

Thank you Ishilove smiley, but if you can take a step back to taste just one spoon, you will not be disappointed.
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 7:26am On Jun 28, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Okay. Thanks for the tip.

You're welcome! We learn every day.

I encourage you to keep an open mind with this recipe and try it out someday, you will love it too. wink
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 7:30am On Jun 28, 2022
kuuljay:
You forgot to add thyme ugwu leaves beef and stock fish���

These are not part of this recipe, but you can try it out if you want. There is no limit to creativity in the kitchen. In fact, I once had a beans porridge meal that had softened stockfish in it. It was really good smiley
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by magzey: 7:44am On Jun 28, 2022
Beans not my Favorite , Weldon though grin grin
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by Cutehector(m): 7:44am On Jun 28, 2022
Shalommy:
That kinda food will make one sleep in the toilet. You don't know how to cook jare.. Chaii
as if you do undecided
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by TMwise1942: 7:53am On Jun 28, 2022
ama19:
Hi All, beans porridge is a great tasting meal that's very satisfying any time. Please check out my recipe with some yummy upgrades and try it out today smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5B0wUlZ7YM

INGREDIENTS (enough for 4 adult servings)
Beans - 4 cups
Medium sized carrots - 2 pieces
Medium sized Cabbage - 1/4 piece
Boneless Chicken Breast - Quantity as preferred
Plantain - 2 pieces
Fresh Tomatoes - 5 pieces
Onion - 1 bulb
Garlic - 3 cloves (big sized)
Vegetable Oil - 125 ml (1/2 cup)
Seasoning to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Black Pepper - 1 teaspoon
Curry Powder - 1 teaspoon

cc Mariangeles, Lalasticlala, Mvena
As far as say na beans na no go area for me
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by CheapHomes1: 8:04am On Jun 28, 2022
Rastaramsey:

See you grin grin grin

Na because you no dey chop beta angry grin

Carbage and beens na im be better?
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by CheapHomes1: 8:06am On Jun 28, 2022
Zonefree:

Go and cook your own let's see.

But she is right. Beans naturally makes you a toilet champion. then you come add carbage. Your mess go carry weight
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 8:41am On Jun 28, 2022
magzey:
Beans not my Favorite , Weldon though grin grin

Thanks very much!
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by ama19: 8:42am On Jun 28, 2022
SAFEtradings:

You people have come again... shocked

Which one be Chicken breast again? grin

So, chicken get breast na eem all these chicks dey hustle hard tilling grounds everyday for the country ?

Chicken get breast na! E de for market grin
Re: How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 28, 2022
Zonefree:
Vegetable oil or Red oil?

You ladies keep unlocking new pattern of cooking every day. I go soon leave this cooking for una.

Looks like transformer oil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi / White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. / I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.