Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Tales Of Opeyemi - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tales Of Opeyemi (252 Views)

Tales of Abuja Teachers on rich students / Shalanga, And The Modern Tales Of Snake In The Toilets / Senator Mikhail Okunbo Abiru At 57; Thank You Sir By Abdul Afusat Opeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of Opeyemi by Magicannon: 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2022
The compound was like prison for mummy Destiny throughout the weeks that students were on break. She hardly had anyone to talk to, the few students around weren't always at home so she was by herself.

She became more angry and aggressive, taking out all the aggression on her son and husband.

I returned from ante_natal one afternoon and met Destiny walking around the empty compound with just diapers on, his whole body was smeared with milk and he was crying because of the scorching sun that burned his feet.

Where this woman dey bayi? I looked around wondering where she might be.

The boy saw me and began running towards me with shaky legs. "Iyayo! Iyayo!" He called me in his babyish tongue.

"Hey big boy how are you?" I had opened my door now and I dropped my purse and plastic bag on the floor before carrying him.

"Where's your mummy and why did you mess yourself up?" I asked him like he could answer and he just giggled pointing towards their house.

I went to their apartment with him and met their door wide open, the inside was a total mess with bad odour filling the whole sitting room.

Clothes were scattered on all the couches and the floor was littered with milk, biscuits leathers, water and even plates and cups.

I stood for some seconds watching the mess and contemplating whether to enter their bedroom or not.

I finally decided to enter because I can't carry Destiny to my house without his mother knowing, my husband has warned me not to even associate with her at all because she acts like a mad woman.

Leaving him all alone in the compound or even in their house without supervision is so risky, what if he swallows something harmful or meddle with electric appliances? Heiiii God help us oh!

Mummy Destiny was lying on the tiled floor in their bedroom sleeping and snoring. She had added so much weight and though I don't know how many months her pregnancy is but it was so protruded that she slept on her sides.

Her whole face was covered in milk too and I almost burst into laughter. Her bedroom was a bit arranged but the laundry basket was filled to the brim with clothes and the shoe rack was upturned.

Their bedroom is nothing different from ours save for the painting and settings. A strong stench hit my nose and I scrunched it up.

I looked and saw that the toilet was opened and the smell was coming from there.

"Mami Mami!" Destiny's cry made me return to reality. He was gesturing at his mum and kicking his legs so hard while I struggled to keep him calm before he would kick my stomach.

"Mummy Destiny! Mummy Destiny." I called and tapped her gently on the leg.

It took some minutes before she woke up fully and she did with a jolt. She sat up tiredly and blinked, milk entered her eyes and it was then she looked around her surroundings and discovered the mess.

"Good afternoon mummy Destiny, I met Destiny outside when I came back from hospital. He was crying and walking about so I had to bring him inside." I told her with a smile.

"Is that why you had to enter my bedroom?" She said eyeing me, the wrapper she tied was slipping off her chest revealing her fair cleavage.

"I'm sorry ma, I didn't see you in the sitting room and I can't leave your son all by himself." I said calmly and dropped her son on the tiled floor.

"I'll take my leave now ma, please don't let him wander off, it's not safe for a child like him." I told her and jejely left her house.

I heard her beating Destiny and the boy's cry rang through the house.

Phewwww!!! Mr Uche is indeed going through alot oh.

I got into my house and met four missed calls on my phone, 3 from Mrs Abdullahi and 1 from my husband.I called my husband back immediately.

"Hey babe how far?" I asked and sunk into a couch yawning.

"Madam Deji iya ibeji mi." He said and I blushed hard. Na my new name be that oh.

"Daddy ibeji kilode? I missed your call."

"Ermmm yes dear, I called to tell you that Mrs Abdullahi asked after you. She said she's been calling you and you're not picking, where you keep phone?" He asked me.

"Haaaa I'm sorry fa, I saw it but I was busy with something, I'll call her back now." I told him and he blew me a kiss before hanging up.

I called her and she wanted to just ask if I've cooked ni oh, this woman and food sha�"

I went inside to change into casuals. I couldn't find a fitting skimpy clothe�, I searched and finally settled for my husband's boxers and a shirt dress of mine.

Most of my clothes are becoming so tight and uncomfortable for me to wear because of my pregnancy.

School had resumed for second semester but students haven't resumed so there are no much work at my husband's shop, he comes back home early.

I boiled rice quickly and warmed some stew from the fridge. I boiled four eggs too and was dishing out the food when Mrs Abdullahi came.

"Haaaa amaria you are a genius! How did you know what I was craving? Pour the stew plenty for me please." She was already removing her hijab and scarf whilst licking her lips in anticipation.

Mrs Abdullahi was sleeping on the tiled floor when my husband returned. She slept as soon as she finished eating five plates of rice, we boiled five more eggs and ate all�.

"Iya ibeji mi." My husband called and came to kiss me where I was sitting on the couch with legs wide opened.I suddenly felt irritated by his kiss as my body riled up.

"E'fimile jor, don't kiss me." I snapped at him and he was shocked. I looked at him from up to down and his perfume fragrance smelt like chicken droppings.

"Why will you rub igbe adiye(chicken droppings) on your body ehhn? What is all these nau?!" I burst into tears because I was feeling nauseous.

"Haaaa baby mi I'm sorry nau, it's my body spray and not igbe adiye ejor. And why are you acting like this nau?" He asked me with a confused face and I got angry the more.

"Go away oh!!! You're smelling and still pretending that it's perfume!" I screamed at him not minding if Mrs Abdullahi would wake up.

He went inside immediately still looking at me with a confused face while I was there sobbing silently.

He freshened up and was eating when Mr Abdullahi came to carry his wife.

He wanted to ask me what was wrong but the glare I gave him made him keep shut and greeted my husband alone, he woke his wife who began crying.

"Mai gida why will you wake me up when I am enjoying my sleep heie? " She pouted like a child and he began apologizing and petting her.

He pacified her and picked her hijab and scarf then helped her up. He thanked my husband and they left with him guiding his sleepy wife.

I sat curled up like a snake on the couch watching my husband as he ate. The way he was munching the rice gan' was annoying me and I covered my ears with my hands but it wasn't working.

"Stop that thing nau baby!!! Stop eating like ewu're(goat)" I blurted and the spoon he held fell noisily back on the plate.

"Sweetheart kilo..." A knock on the door cut him off and I jumped up as if I was expecting someone to go and open the door before my husband will stand up.

I opened the door and saw Mr Uche and his wife, mummy Destiny standing outside. Mummy Destiny had her hands on her waist and was pacing behind her husband.

"Good evening sir." I greeted wiping the trail of tears on my face.He smiled and nodded before answering.

"Evening iyawo how're you doing?" He asked and his wife frowned.

"I'm fine sir, hope all is well?" I asked him because his wife was looking like someone ready for violence.

"Daddy biko stop all these pleasantries and ask her what made us come here." Mummy Destiny said angrily and I raised my brows in surprise.

"Ermmm iyawo please I want to see your husband." The man said calmly and with that smile still plastered on his face.

"He just returned and is eating sir." I replied him, the thought of my husband's annoying eating sounds flashed through my head.

"No need for her husband daddy, it's her we came for so stop all these nonsense formalities." Mummy Destiny snapped again and I glared at her, the violence in me already brewing.

"Uhmmm... Iyawo my wife here said you entered our house this afternoon and after then she discovered her money and one of her high heeled shoe got missing." Mr Uche said as if the words were burning his mouth.

Click here for more

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Sleep On The Bike / Deceptive Inheritance: Dotun’s “Unborn” Existing Child Versus Morenikeji. / Freshly Picked Oron Crayfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.