Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria (22165 Views)

Why Do Some Employers Prefer Ladies For Jobs Than Men? / What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria / Some Employers Are Just Harsh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by Wwwq: 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
True
Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by femijay8271(m): 4:35pm On Jun 28, 2022
kingmsookwagh:
did he ask for your advice? He just shared a bitter experience and here you are rubbing on his face how he did not start up his own business. Na everybody go do business? Why did the boss not do all the work himself? Or because the guy didn't do his own business, now gives the boss the moral temerity to treat him badly? Guy mind yourself and the kinda sickining, devilish, sadistic advices you give o!

That guy u quoted no just get sense at all undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by luizpippo(m): 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2022
osomegbe:

why did he pay you 20k/
was there an agreement or a punitive measure for what you did.

Going to the village to lavish money is not the cache. why he paid you 20k is the question.
if he paid you 20k because he complained he doesn't have money then we can look at the lavish spending as an issue.

i was told of one of my worker that 3k was deducted from his salary because he stayed away from work without any notice or information or call to the office and his line was not reachable. then he appeared the next day to work and went about his work as if nothing happened the day before. very arrogant. salary day he came complaining and we told him why. it is in the policy of the company but we always put it away because of friendship.

How much is the salary to warrant 3k a day deduction please?
Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by Gilgil: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
One thing Nigerian workers don't mentiin is the poor work ethic demonstrate by employees:

1. Using omoany time for personal activities (phone calls, browsing etc).

2. Punctuality and truancy: most employees would find ways to not deliver the agreed work within the agreed time.

3. Irresponsinle use of company resources

By virtue of these, business results start to falter, and eventually go South and you want to receive your full salary?

julybaba:
Sorry for your past travails.
Forget about past pains, so you can move forward.

I once worked for someone like that, who always find excuses to short pay me.
I calculated my steps & discard him after I received my wages.

Most boss-worker relationship in this part of the world is like master-slave relationship.
Some boss may complain of Tax, cost of production etc, but that is not a tenable reason to short pay your employees.

If you can't pay them, then let them go.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by femijay8271(m): 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hamachi:
That is what u find in the Nigeria working climate , wish you all d very best as the attitude expressed by the firm speaks volume of the working condition.
I once attended an interview and noticed the garrulousness of one of the interviewer. He happens to be the M.D.
He asked me how much will I Bring to the firm. As far as I was concerned, that was a very dangerous questions that can be used against u later. I told him I need to at least know the modus operandi of my unit( if employed) then take a look at their product, their costing mechanism, the market forces of demand and supply, product performance index etc... In response, he thundered I must quote a figure.

At that point, I told him the question should have been reserved for a different occasion and moreover, I am not so desperate for the position! The other interviewing panel esp a woman burst into laughter... I just packed my files and left. ...Mind you, this same interview was delayed by strong 2 hours. It was d Saturday of 2016 experience musical night at TBS lagos.. I had to quickly leave d program by 5 am..cos d interview was scheduled by 9am..None of the interview panelist arrived till past 11am...

Kai Which kain English be diz.... garrulousness
Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by CheapHomes1: 5:35pm On Jun 28, 2022
victooman:
l can bet you are not up to 30yrs and you are likely still in the university,, so this speeches and ranting are expected,, when you come out ur narrative will change,, when l heard the word " is everyone built for business,, l sense unnecessary excuses and laziness,, what do u do for your employers? it is either you are selling or you are rendering services, they still fall under business,, how can one say that of all the businesses in the world they dont have interest in anyone,, of all the services rendered u cant pinch yourself to start any? no problem everyone must not be a businessman ,, but please when they treat as they want to treat you remember not to come and wail here.

Mr above 30 who is no longer in the University, sorry to announce to you that in all you said, you didn't answer the simple questions asked

Does the fact that people chose to work for and not start their business justify the mistreatment they receive from their employers?

Must everybody start business? Which business have you started?

The same you who saying employees are wailing is the same person wailing about govt. Why don't you contest for a govt position and go and fix the issues you raised?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by Chrisvotel: 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
SmartPolician:
It's always easy for Nigerians to wail about how their employers don't treat them right. Now, tell them to start their own businessess, they will look the other way. Nobody is ready to face uncertainties in a hostile business environment - those who take bold steps to start up something for themselves and create jobs should be appreciated.

You people need to understand that people do business in this country where the irresponsible government doesn't care. They are more interested in doubly taxing a new business instead of allowing them enjoy some tax holidays. It's even worse in Lagos. To even get bank facilities to boost one's business is a big problem.

And the government doesn't seem to care because they are even worse. It's the same government that owes workers months of salaries and years of pensions. If they do this, what moral rights do they have to punish erring companies?

In my opinion, until we shun religious and tribal sentiments, stop collecting 5 -10k to vote for idiots and start electing the right people, this madness will continue for a long time. But then, just so you don't complain, quit and start something for yourself. At least that's what some of us did. Then, you will see what your boss is going through.
pesin wey never see food chop Na won open business,you sound like some motivational speaker angry
Even though you have the idea, knowledge skills and techniques without moni it's useless

2 Likes

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by Chrisvotel: 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2022
MansoryMX:
Mine I was working for one Esan ediot as a Sale Rep in exotic home and office furniture and lights after finishing high school and this Man has like 3 shops in town in different locations with each shop having at least 5 Sales Rep. Dude opened another new branch and took me there to run it alone with no salary increment! A huge shop that is supposed to house at least 6 workers! Is being managed by me alone!

I then got admission into the University and told him I will be resigning and Leaving for university next week being month ending. I was hoping this man will appreciate me for running this new branch smoothly. Month ending then came, this man refuse to pay me my last salary or even appreciate me in anyway and started giving me lame excuse like 2yrs ago I broke something at branch one and that he has decided to deduct it since I will no longer work for him. I just laugh, took my things and walked out. Omorrr I cried that night eh! I then summoned courage and went there the following day, luckily his friends where around and even asking why they didn’t see me. I walked up to him and told him “I could dragged the living day out of you and collect my salary from you because I worked for it but I won’t. You will lose 100 fold of my salary! Mark my words” I left. I think few months while in school one of my colleague called me and told me that particular branch got burnt to the ground due to faulty electrical installation he did himself. I begged God for forgiveness if curse finally caught up with him and vowed never to work for anybody in my life.

Last I saw of him was in a refilling station last year while buying fuel for my car. The werey was just looking at me and my car with so much shock. Abeg e good to drive better machine lol! Thank God for legit Street hustling if not this country won’t be habitable one bit for vibrant youths be it educated or illiterate!!!

Note: Not yahoo o cheesy
guy give me small update na, I'm interested in legit hustle
Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by mayo47(m): 7:46pm On Jun 28, 2022
Still not a justification not to meet up with agreed salary. This is part of Nigeria's problem where people give justification for bad behaviour because nothing will happen

SmartPolician:
It's always easy for Nigerians to wail about how their employers don't treat them right. Now, tell them to start their own businessess, they will look the other way. Nobody is ready to face uncertainties in a hostile business environment - those who take bold steps to start up something for themselves and create jobs should be appreciated.

You people need to understand that people do business in this country where the irresponsible government doesn't care. They are more interested in doubly taxing a new business instead of allowing them enjoy some tax holidays. It's even worse in Lagos. To even get bank facilities to boost one's business is a big problem.

And the government doesn't seem to care because they are even worse. It's the same government that owes workers months of salaries and years of pensions. If they do this, what moral rights do they have to punish erring companies?

In my opinion, until we shun religious and tribal sentiments, stop collecting 5 -10k to vote for idiots and start electing the right people, this madness will continue for a long time. But then, just so you don't complain, quit and start something for yourself. At least that's what some of us did. Then, you will see what your boss is going through.

1 Like

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by ojtech8291: 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2022
SmartPolician:
It's always easy for Nigerians to wail about how their employers don't treat them right. Now, tell them to start their businessess, they will look the other way. Nobody is ready to face uncertainties in a hostile business environment - those who take bold steps to start up something for themselves and create jobs should be appreciated.

You people need to understand that people do business in this country where the irresponsible government doesn't care. They are more interested in doubly taxing a new business instead of allowing them to enjoy some tax holidays. It's even worse in Lagos. To even get bank facilities to boost one's business is a big problem.

Let everyone establish their own business let us see who will work for another person. Address what is on the ground. Everybody can't own a business, there must be an employee and an employer. You do your part well and do mine well so that this kind of issue will not arise.

2 Likes

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by Quantized92(m): 8:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
Such a horrible experience i must say. But dust it off & forge ahead.

Try learning some skills that will enable u earn passively.

Anyway there is this new business opportunity in town called AMAZON KDP. It's basically a business about publishing books online & getting paid monthly in USD

The good thing is that the business can be done conveniently on a mobile phone & u don't necessarily have to be a writer to publish books online.

All u need is to be committed & be open to learning.

Send me a DM @SIGGY if you are interested
Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by Wisdom2003: 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
Pauldollars:
If you were making ordinary doughnuts, buns and others to sell or had a small business of your own like a photocopy business centre, phone repairs or other kinds of business, you wouldn't be making this complaints about any boss that didn't pay you salary.

Try and establish something and leave all these small small private schools and firms that pay chicken change you can make in a day from your own business.

I’m not trying to judge.

But I am privileged to have worked for people for almost 6 years before starting my coy.

A most of the folks that comes online to rant “employers are evil” are either lazy or place so much value on themselves than their intrinsic value.

A lot of them come very late to work and carry out their duties shabbily and not ready to learn.

Some lack spirit of ownership and they allow clients to slip off without care (she bi salary is sacrosanct)

Every reasonable employer wants to keep his best hands and treat them right.

My former employer took care of us yet some folks stole his money 6.5M, 5M and 5M respectively.

Please let’s evaluate ourselves before we come online. If you think you deserved to be treated better then resign and move on to a place where you will be celebrated.

The mental health of some employers needs urgent attention based on the way their employees handled their business

#stopranting
Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by MansoryMX(m): 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
Chrisvotel:
guy give me small update na, I'm interested in legit hustle

No much update brother! I started trading Bitcoin very early and I have a customer base network. I also buy and sell cars, general contract as well as far it’s something legal.

1 Like

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by LogicBomb8: 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
Antoeni:
During a robbery in America, the bank robber shouted to everyone in the bank: "Don't move. The money belongs to the State. Your life belongs to you."

Everyone in the bank laid down quietly. This is called "Mind Changing Concept” Changing the conventional way of thinking.

When a lady lay on the table provocatively, the robber shouted at her: "Please be civilized! This is a robbery and not a rape!"

This is called "Being Professional” Focus only on what you are trained to do!

When the bank robbers returned home, the younger robber (MBA-trained) told the older robber (who has only completed Year 6 in primary school): "Big brother, let's count how much we got."

The older robber rebutted and said: "You are very stupid. There is so much money it will take us a long time to count. Tonight, the TV news will tell us how much we robbed from the bank!"

This is called "Experience.” Nowadays, experience is more important than paper qualifications!

After the robbers had left, the bank manager told the bank supervisor to call the police quickly. But the supervisor said to him: "Wait! Let us take out $10 million from the bank for ourselves and add it to the $70 million that we have previously embezzled from the bank”.

This is called "Swim with the tide.” Converting an unfavorable situation to your advantage!

The supervisor says: "It will be good if there is a robbery every month."

This is called "Killing Boredom.” Personal Happiness is more important than your job.

The next day, the TV news reported that $100 million was taken from the bank. The robbers counted and counted and counted, but they could only count $20 million. The robbers were very angry and complained: "We risked our lives and only took $20 million. The bank manager took $80 million with a snap of his fingers. It looks like it is better to be educated than to be a thief!"

This is called "Knowledge is worth as much as gold!"

The bank manager was smiling and happy because his losses in the share market are now covered by this robbery.

This is called "Seizing the opportunity.” Daring to take risks!

So who are the real robbers here?
Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by LogicBomb8: 11:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
Antoeni:
During a robbery in America, the bank robber shouted to everyone in the bank: "Don't move. The money belongs to the State. Your life belongs to you."

Everyone in the bank laid down quietly. This is called "Mind Changing Concept” Changing the conventional way of thinking.

When a lady lay on the table provocatively, the robber shouted at her: "Please be civilized! This is a robbery and not a rape!"

This is called "Being Professional” Focus only on what you are trained to do!

When the bank robbers returned home, the younger robber (MBA-trained) told the older robber (who has only completed Year 6 in primary school): "Big brother, let's count how much we got."

The older robber rebutted and said: "You are very stupid. There is so much money it will take us a long time to count. Tonight, the TV news will tell us how much we robbed from the bank!"

This is called "Experience.” Nowadays, experience is more important than paper qualifications!
HBD

1 Like

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
kiss
Wisdom2003:

I’m not trying to judge.

But I am privileged to have worked for people for almost 6 years before starting my coy.

A most of the folks that comes online to rant “employers are evil” are either lazy or place so much value on themselves than their intrinsic value.

A lot of them come very late to work and carry out their duties shabbily and not ready to learn.

Some lack spirit of ownership and they allow clients to slip off without care (she bi salary is sacrosanct)

My former employer took care of us yet some folks stole his money 6.5M, 5M and 5M respectively.

Please let’s evaluate ourselves before we come online. If you think you deserved to be treated better then resign and move on to a place where you will be celebrated.

The mental health of some employers needs urgent attention based on the way their employees handled their business

#stopranting
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by Antoeni(m): 11:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
God Bless You
LogicBomb8:
HBD
Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by DonMekino(m): 7:14am On Jun 29, 2022
victooman:
l can bet you are not up to 30yrs and you are likely still in the university,, so this speeches and ranting are expected,, when you come out ur narrative will change,, when l heard the word " is everyone built for business,, l sense unnecessary excuses and laziness,, what do u do for your employers? it is either you are selling or you are rendering services, they still fall under business,, how can one say that of all the businesses in the world they dont have interest in anyone,, of all the services rendered u cant pinch yourself to start any? no problem everyone must not be a businessman ,, but please when they treat as they want to treat you remember not to come and wail here.
But to start any business, there must be a learning process, you have to serve first before becoming a boss. I don't even understand how hard it is for us to understand this. And yes, there are ppl who might not be self employed for life, it doesn't make them a failure

2 Likes

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by Emanodimo(m): 9:05am On Jun 30, 2022
Wisdom2003:

I’m not trying to judge.

#stopranting
Thank you

Can you give a broad and deep meaning to ....... Some lack spirit of ownership and they allow clients to slip off without care (she bi salary is sacrosanct)
Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by Fortune118005(m): 2:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
DaBogu:
What employees go through in the hands of some employers in Nigeria is something worth writing about. So pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

I remembered when I working at Allen & living at Palmgroove àxis on 25k salary. My Boss went to his Village to lavish money in December & my school fees deadline was 26th. He paid me a sum of 20k as salary.
I wept that day. He's now contesting in Akwa-Ibom. So many things I can talk about.

Share your experience

Read the story of an employer:

"I employ about 20 people in my small firm and one thing I’ve learnt through the course of my career is that majority of employees esp in Naija do not care about work. All they care about is their salary and some will do dubious things just to scheme money they haven’t earned from their employers. if you leave them or go too easy on them, they’ll run you to the ground.
I’ve had my experiences and I’m still learning every day. I really do not blame employers that eventually evolve into nasty people."

3 Likes

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by lavylilly: 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2022
Fortune118005:

"I employ about 20 people in my small firm and one thing I’ve learnt through the course of my career is that majority of employees esp in Naija do not care about work. All they care about is their salary and some will do dubious things just to scheme money they haven’t earned from their employers. if you leave them or go too easy on them, they’ll run you to the ground.
I’ve had my experiences and I’m still learning every day. I really do not blame employers that eventually evolve into nasty people."
True

2 Likes

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by DaBogu: 12:35am On Jul 07, 2022
cry
Fortune118005:

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by Pojomojo: 7:56am On Jul 10, 2022
grin
femijay8271:

That guy u quoted no just get sense at all undecided
Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by DaBogu: 11:48pm On Jul 30, 2022
wink
Fortune118005:

Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by obinna58(m): 9:59am On Jul 31, 2022
With all this complains you'll think they'll make changes if eventually they become bosses
Ask your boss he'll tell you past experiences with his superiors too
Power corrupts primitive people

Don't be surprised when op finally becomes a boss and it's time to make the ultimate changes/sacrifice for good, he'll become exactly like the bosses he complained about, it always starts like a joke but I've seen it happen many times. Op carry your trashy complains and put to the trash cos it all same blood.
Doomed Africans
Re: What Employees Go Through In The Hands Of Some Employers In Nigeria by SMJay: 1:12am On Jan 13, 2023
This is one sided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SHELL Aptitude Tests 2012 / Call Centre Agent Recruitment At Lorache Consulting-2000 positions / 10 Things You Didn’t Know You Can Claim On Your Resume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.