Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) (44841 Views)

Fulani Herders Take Over Part Of Delta Community, Sparks Controversies / Sanwo-Olu: Nigerian Military Officers Ordered Shooting Of Protesters In Lekki / Nigerian Army Denies Involvement In Shooting Of EndSARS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by Angelfrost(m): 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2022
Nah... That story of army opening fire on merely sighting them is fishy!

This gist is not complete at all!

Sad about this death, but y'all need to come clean on what truly led to his death!
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by kingyakos: 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
ajumma:

Your phobias for the NORTH will lead to an untimely death......spy or picking snail at night near Military zone in this period of heightened tensions everywhere.?...pls tell that to the marine

Snails are being picked at night and I've heard the complete story, all the boys were with Torchlight pointing to the ground in search of snail before the military personnel open fire. That's not their first nor second time they go for snail picking around the oil facility area.
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by kingyakos: 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
Angelfrost:
Nah... That story of army opening fire on merely sighting them is fishy!

This gist is not complete at all!

Sad about this death, but y'all need to come clean on what truly led to his death!

I've heard the full story and it's nothing add or subtract from what you've heard.
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by Angelfrost(m): 3:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
kingyakos:

I've heard the full story and it's nothing add or subtract from what you've heard.

Really?!! That's just too bad!

This is unacceptable na. The army has to fish out those involved and court-martial them.
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by yakashjr(m): 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2022
I know People will insult me , but how can you go close where an army officer securing an oil facility just to pick snail... is just like going to bush inside villa to hunt without proper permission.
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by ajumma(m): 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2022
kingyakos:

Snails are being picked at night and I've heard the complete story, all the boys were with Torchlight pointing to the ground in search of snail before the military personnel open fire. That's not their first nor second time they go for snail picking around the oil facility area.

endangered the lives &location of soja ko?
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by 9jaTalks(m): 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2022
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by Dangrace01: 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
Factcheck0001:
emeka keep on wailing
Noting wey u fit do

Your son fit b next or your brother or your cousin or your father sef and you no go fit do anything

Stop supporting evil

Just saying
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by kingyakos: 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
ajumma:

endangered the lives &location of soja ko?

Endangered how?...
Those kids have been picking snails around the facility and the soldiers are aware.
The fact is that the soldiers have been seeing those kids and they even showed them the limit they could go.
Ajuma, nice name.

1 Like

Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by faceland: 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
They only know how to shot unarmed civilians but run if they see an armed person.
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by virginchaser(m): 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2022
Anything that moves around secured areas are meant to be sprayed. This is a piece of information community leader ought to have orientated his subjects. Soldiers have been killed by moving raffia on top of water before. My condolences to the victim family.

1 Like

Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by ajumma(m): 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2022
kingyakos:

Endangered how?...
Those kids have been picking snails around the facility and the soldiers are aware.
The fact is that the soldiers have been seeing those kids and they even showed them the limit they could go.
Ajuma, nice name.

thanks for the compliment,
then the question is why will a soja just decided to
shoot and killed the boy without provocation
and the soja live is not under threat.?

dont always believe in this fairly tale story

someone wrote this

"Anything that moves around secured areas are meant to be sprayed. This is a piece of information community leader ought to have orientated his subjects. Soldiers have been killed by moving raffia on top of water before. My condolences to the victim family."
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by Wwwq: 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by kingyakos: 4:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
ajumma:

thanks for the compliment,
then the question is why will a soja just decided to
shoot and killed the boy without provocation
and the soja live is not under threat.?

dont always believe in this fairly tale story

He's not the only soldier that saw the boys picking snail, his colleague also saw them but the shooting came from one soldier. It might be an accidental discharge.

someone wrote this

"Anything that moves around secured areas are meant to be sprayed. This is a piece of information community leader ought to have orientated his subjects. Soldiers have been killed by moving raffia on top of water before. My condolences to the victim family."
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by SaturnNick(m): 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
For God's sake, how can you just begin shooting an armless civilian
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by Impregnable101: 4:38pm On Jun 28, 2022
BKayy:
Wait a minute.
So this thing that I am looking at (Pictures) is an oil rich community?

And these hungry looking gentlemen that I am looking at are indigenes of oil rich community?
Like the place is their ancestral land?
One even use handkerchief as belt hold trouser

Chai, "Niger Delta" don suffer.
So u think say na belt be that handkerchief abi?

1 Like

Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by Impregnable101: 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
kingyakos:

Where you for hear the complete story? Well, I work in the shell facility so i know what happened
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by kingyakos: 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
Impregnable101:
Where you for hear the complete story? Well, I work in the shell facility so i know what happened

Na my community
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by Pacyrus(m): 5:16pm On Jun 28, 2022
harmargedon:
In the voice of tuface

For instance
Say na me be Baale of Nigerians
Say na me be one wey dey make plan
Say I go create a scenery where better go plenty
Make we dey give young people chance
Instead Tinubu to dey pack the money go France
To make suffer to full in abundance
To make me run run away
To a place where ebi say
I go feel like Europeans
Where them go respect my skills for instance
Where them no go dey play pranks
Ontop people wey work the way
Wey give them the key
To chop substance
As them know say we be freelance
Their looting no dey give us assurance
Repentance no dey their plane
E dey create annoyance for my heart
So Ala Oyi e!

Wao! Tubaba is a living legend. Let Nigerians be Obident once again, and by the grace of God normalcy will return to our lands. Insha Allahu, Ise!

1 Like

Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by Impregnable101: 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2022
kingyakos:

Na my community
ok
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by mrkings84(m): 5:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hmmmm..... Na wa o, of all the places in the community it was only the oil facility area that is guided by heavily armed soldiers that they decided to go pick snails.

That was a big mistake cos it was quite possible for the soldiers to think they were the usual oil pipes vandals.

Not justifying the actions of the soldiers tho.
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by coputa(m): 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2022
Obasanjo said the oil belongs to Nigeria,but it's only the oil producing communities that suffers from the environmental degradation arising from oil exploration.
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by MNDY(m): 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2022
BKayy:
Wait a minute.

And these hungry looking gentlemen that I am looking at are indigenes of oil rich community?

Their leaders are diverting money.
Together with the corruption exposed in the NDDC commission last year, their leaders are eating the money meant for development of the area and the people's wellbeing.
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by bizzibodi(m): 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2022
Those youths no no know what is Molotov cocktails?
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by Joeyfizzo: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2022
He might av encroached into thier territory and d soldier too love his own life. He Shud av fired warning shots...we know soldiers are been hunted by hoodlums in that South South region and thier rifles taken away. Sorry o ...RIP
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by apiski(m): 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2022
Some five years ago,that would have een my fate, exactly the same story.
A particular company on oil exploration had their base camp situated about a mile away from my village. There were army officers securing the site. One night I went into the bush to pick snails I had used chemicals to trap. By the time I was done traversing the forest I realized that the only rout leading home was throgh the company base camp. I tried to avoid that rout because of the military men but there was no other way out of the forest because they had completely blocked the bush path with there fence. So I resorted to make my way home through the camp. Being about 11 O. Clock in the night I feared that if I took them unawares they might open fire at me so I decided to alert them by waving flashlight severally at them but none of them noticed me as they were busy watching film. So I decided to go. When I got there I greeted and while I going one of them called me back and warned me seriously never to try that again.
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by lomprico(m): 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2022
BKayy:
Wait a minute.

Na dia leaders dey suffer Dem. nddc was created to solve their problems but it was turned to a cash cow for their leaders.
Re: Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) by Panda7(m): 12:20am On Jun 29, 2022
seems the military have nothing better to do other than protecting corrupt money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Margaret Obi Spotted At Hilda Baci Cook-A-Thon (Video) / PR Expert Faults Buhari’s Refusal To Shake Hand With Female Ministers - Vanguard / "Is It Because It's Buhari? Can't Suffer & Smile Because My Bro Is President"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.