Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Finally,e Do Happen. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Finally,e Do Happen. (1189 Views)

Wedding Ceremony: Can This Happen In Nigeria?? (photo) / Is This Chemistry Or Is It Bound To Happen In Marriage/relationship? / I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally,e Do Happen. by ibechris(m): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
I bought a loaf of bread for #1,000 yesterday evening.

For those of u living in Abuja or some who may doubt me...the name of the bread is Grand loaf or grand square bread.

Earlier this year,this same bread was going for #550.

And someone would still mortgage his future under this corrupt govt by voting APC.

I really pity our jobless youths who are getting ready to collect 5k to vote APC...prisoners go better pass una after giving them another 8years.

Be wise and let your vote count.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by OlawaleBammie: 5:39pm On Jun 28, 2022
God forbid i vote apc or pdp

1 Like

Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
Lol well on the bright side people would be slim and sexy.

1 Like

Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by doggedfighter(f): 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2022
We got family bread 9h here. That bread was 500 when they opened their bakery in this estate.

3k is no longer enough for breakfast.

Parents asking for change as if you are hiding it but by the time you finish calculations they will mellow. grin

1500 chicken is 3600 here grin

The most painful part for me because I like chicken with passion, now see cry

1 Like

Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by doggedfighter(f): 6:41pm On Jun 28, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

While some are unhealthily fat because of excessive carbs which is what they can afford.

1 Like

Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by Acidosis(m): 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

LMAO grin grin grin On the bright side ke?
Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by Investmentfreak: 7:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
ibechris:

For those of u living in Abuja or some who may doubt me...the name of the bread is Grand loaf or grand square bread.

I bought 900 Mehn for one loaf of bread .

1 Like

Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by ibechris(m): 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2022
Investmentfreak:

I bought 900 Mehn for one loaf of bread .

The thing no funny at all.
Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by Qinglong(m): 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2022
Chai, it's real o. Somewhere here in Abeokuta where I'm doing my service, a loaf which was #400 less than two months ago is now #700. The thing really shocked me.

I've stopped visiting that bakery. Funny thing is that some places haven't hiked their prices from #400 ~ #500 yet. I don't even understand but I'm patronizing those ones for now.
Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by omeira: 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
And the #900 bread is not even filling. You finish it in one sitting undecided
Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by Justiceleague1: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
Me and Agege bread for life cool

1 Like

Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by Investmentfreak: 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
ibechris:

The thing no funny at all.
That’s why I am active on travel section grin
Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by Gerrard59(m): 1:36am On Jun 29, 2022
To be fair, it is the Russia-Ukraine war that caused bread prices to skyrocket, ditto diesel prices. Together, they produce more than 1/4 of global wheat output. Currently, ports in Ukraine have been blocked by Russia, as a result, loads of wheat and maize cannot leave the ports. The same applies to diesel as sanctions on Russia, a major oil producer, have made oil prices balloon. Remember, Nigeria does not have constant electricity so every major business uses diesel to operate. Even if there was constant electricity, as long as the source has to do with crude oil, prices will soar.

However, for wheat, high-quality cassava flour (I believe if research is focused here, we can "technically" replace a large percentage of wheat in bakery products with HQCF) can solve or at least mitigate the crisis as Nigeria is the largest producer of the crop. However, if you produce the crop, Islamic terrorists disguising as Fulani herdsmen will ravage the farmland, and render you poor.

So, back to purchasing bread for N1K.

3 Likes

Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by Teeroyzimma: 6:20am On Jun 29, 2022
ibechris:

And someone would still mortgage his future under this corrupt govt by voting APC.

I really pity our jobless youths who are getting ready to collect 5k to vote APC...prisoners go better pass una after giving them another 8years.

I never see my father in two weeks and we're in the same house together shocked
Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by SanctifiedSista(f): 7:29am On Jun 29, 2022
ibechris:

They use dat bread charm u people for Abuja ..that's why all of u are doing like it's a do or die affair

Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by ibechris(m): 9:17am On Jun 29, 2022
SanctifiedSista:

They use dat bread charm u people for Abuja ..that's why all of u are doing like it's a do or die affair

Na wetin I de like I dey use my money buy okey.
Re: Finally,e Do Happen. by MMempire(m): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2022
Na bread (Brioche) wey pass my money I want to dey eat now.

(1) (Reply)

Solution Has Come For Your Husband' Extra-marital Affairs / Do I Still Belive And Trust Her Again? / Haba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.