Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong (1235 Views)

If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? / Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by Godsent1234: 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hi everyone!
Being gossiper,has been common with Nigeria women and some jobless men,I always feel bad each time my mom is gossiping about someone with her neighbor or friends,
How can l tell my mom that what she is doing is bad, without them feeling bad, feeling being disrespected,
I good advice please!,mod help me push it to front page please!
Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2022
Godsent1234:
Hi everyone! Being gossiper,has been common with Nigeria women and some jobless men,I always feel bad each time my mom is gossiping about someone with her neighbor or friends,
How can l tell my mom that what she is doing is bad, without them feeling bad, feeling being disrespected,
Just open your mouth and tell her straight up that what she is doing is wrong. Ask her how she would feel if others did the same to her and her children.. undecided

It isn't wrong to try to correct a person no matter how much older the one may be. It is wrong however to see evil and do nothing about it.. undecided

5 Likes

Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by Jennyclay(f): 8:24pm On Dec 14, 2022
Biko mind your business

There is nothing wrong in discussing about somebody except she's trying to tarnish someone else reputation with her gossip.
Please leave your mother alone. Gossip is the only way we get our first class information... Biko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by MufasaLion: 8:24pm On Dec 14, 2022
Tell her she's doing the wrong thing. I wonder what sort of woman would be gossiping with people always. No shame, no self-esteem. Disgusting!
Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Tell her straight up, you will be doing her more good than harm.
Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by Godsent1234: 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Just open your mouth and tell her straight up that what she is doing is wrong. Ask her how she would feel if others did the same to her and her children.. undecided

It isn't wrong to try to correct a person no matter how much older the one may be. It is wrong however to see evil and do nothing about it.. undecided
I
I have tried sometimes by showing discomfort and changing the topic each time,I am having discussion with her, but it have no much effort in discouraging her,I feei bad and disrespect to her , each time I Try to caution her
Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by MrAdam: 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2022
It's better you break the circle now before you hear something very bad and probably false about her and some male counterparts.. trust me..some false alligations kill faster than HIV
Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2022
Godsent1234:
II have tried sometimes by showing discomfort and changing the topic each time,I am having discussion with her, but it have no much effort in discouraging her,I feei bad and disrespect to her , each time I Try to caution her
Showing discomfort? changing the topic? Those amount to nothing but cowardly tactics in my opinion. If you know something is wrong, speak up and make yourself heard. If she chooses to continue then you at least know you have done your part. undecided
Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by jetwonder(m): 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2022
grin
There are 3 major ways to inform her;
1) The formal method; when she is in her good mood, excuse her and discuss with her in a very polite way.
2) The informal method; this method involved sending messages to her through another person, it could be her best friend, pastor, her family members etc
3) The radical method; this usually involved authoritative, disrespectful, or disgraceful way of informing her the bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by habsydiamond(m): 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2022
Na only person wey dey alive dem dey talk or gossip about.... talking about people be it bad or good is a sign of relevancy... that is, the person discussed is relevant in one way or the other.... stylishly tell us mum to desist from gossiping but make sure its not in the presence of her friends.
Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2022
habsydiamond:
Na only person wey dey alive dem dey talk or gossip about.... talking about people be it bad or good is a sign of relevancy... that is, the person discussed is relevant in one way or the other.... stylishly tell us mum to desist from gossiping but make sure its not in the presence of her friends.
So when lives and livelihoods are destroyed by gossip, it is only to reveal the relevancy of these individuals whose lives have been handicapped by such wicked attacks? Some of you folks are resistant to wisdom even when it is right before your very eyes. undecided
Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by Nicepoker(m): 12:05am On Dec 15, 2022
Jennyclay:
Biko mind your business

There is nothing wrong in discussing about somebody except she's trying to tarnish someone else reputation with her gossip.
Please leave your mother alone. Gossip is the only way we get our first class information... Biko
senseless liability.

3 Likes

Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by Aguiyimba(m): 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
Jennyclay:
Biko mind your business

You forgot that gossip come with lies. Gossiper

1 Like

Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by Richy4(m): 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2022
She cannot stop it.. No matter what you say to her... There's a saying that you can't learn the use of left hand at old age...

How well does she trust this gossip mate of hers? That might be the question you should ask her on a rainy day....It might blow up someday...
Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by meobizy(f): 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
You're here gossiping about the woman. You are no different.
Re: How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong by Princessdainty(m): 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
Godsent1234:
Hi everyone!
Being gossiper,has been common with Nigeria women and some jobless men,I always feel bad each time my mom is gossiping about someone with her neighbor or friends,
would you advise your absentee father if he's out drinking and gisting with his friends?. St.upid boy get busy with your life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Me Today / Jealous Housewife Kills Hubby With Acid / Parents, How Would U Take This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.