Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Fg Worried Over Living Condition Of Maiduguri Residents -nema - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Worried Over Living Condition Of Maiduguri Residents -nema (2055 Views)

Maiduguri Residents Line Up To Identify Corpses After Boko Haram Attack (Photo) / Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph / Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Worried Over Living Condition Of Maiduguri Residents -nema by koruji(m): 2:27am On Jul 25, 2011
Quote: "The Director-General of NEMA, Alhaji Muhammad Sidi Sani, has mandated the agency’s North-East zone office to commence moves to reach out to the distressed people, irrespective of religion, ethnic or political affiliations, in their present places of residence."

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/25576-fg-worried-over-living-condition-of-maiduguri-residents-nema

THE National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) said the Federal Government was greatly worried over the conditions of living of Maiduguri residents, due to the ongoing face-off between security operatives and Boko Haram members, which had brought untold hardship on the people.

Consequently, the Federal Government, through NEMA and other humanitarian actors, is reaching out to the distressed people in the communities in order to reduce the adverse effects of the crisis, especially to make the forthcoming Ramadan fasting much easier for Islamic adherents.

The Director-General of NEMA, Alhaji Muhammad Sidi Sani, has mandated the agency’s North-East zone office to commence moves to reach out to the distressed people, irrespective of religion, ethnic or political affiliations, in their present places of residence.

It has commenced comprehensive compilation of all distressed people. The exercise would be completed by today.

The agency urged the beneficiaries to conduct themselves in orderly manner during the distribution of the Federal Government’s relief materials.

MEMA said attention would be focused on Abbaganaram, Kaleri, Simari, Dala, Budum, London Ciki and villages in and around Maiduguri in the first few days of the exercise.

NEMA’s North-East zone coordinator, Aliyu Baffale Sambo, said that emergency dynamism has resurfaced in the present intervention to the humanitarian needs of the distressed.

He said this was due to the displaced persons’ resolve to lodge at residential houses instead of camps, which would have made government’s intervention much easier as required by the camp coordination and management principles.

This he noted, had delayed early response to the needs of the people.

Meanwhile, NEMA has already carried out direct distribution of relief materials to the displaced persons in Ngamdu in Kaga Local Government Area as well as Auno in Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State. Distribution of relief materials is continuing in Potiskum.

Re: Fg Worried Over Living Condition Of Maiduguri Residents -nema by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 25, 2011
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fg Worried Over Living Condition Of Maiduguri Residents -nema by jeffpillar(m): 12:24pm On Jul 25, 2011
who will change this country?i think d issue is a leadership case.leadership does not rest on gudluck alone,what about the state governor? leadership in bornu state?maidugri need seriouse help,pple are fleeing by the hours and minutes.i just left the town.while some are still living in doubts it is clear to me that the north is senseless and too dull for the twentyfirst century minds.what is our way out people, ?i believe u know the answer
Re: Fg Worried Over Living Condition Of Maiduguri Residents -nema by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
i pity for them too cry cry cry cry cry
i wonder how some foolS will be causing trouble and unrest in this country angry angry angry angry angry
i wish im GEJ, just one Month of Emergence in borno state, i tell you ,this so called BASTAR.DS OF BOKO HARAM WILL BE NO WAY TO BE FIND
BLOOD SUCKING behind  HOLE.S  angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Fg Worried Over Living Condition Of Maiduguri Residents -nema by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2011
y d contradictions? Gej said few days ago dat d state is calm and normal again hence he won't declare a state of emergency rule there but i read abt a blast dis mrn at maiduguri and abt 8 feared dead and many wonded. F.G contradicting itslf.
Re: Fg Worried Over Living Condition Of Maiduguri Residents -nema by Drzak(m): 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2011
@ pitfiller. The whole insecurity in Nigeria is a National issue , So don't try to be tribalistic in making ur analysis over vital issues such as these, The Boko haram problem is nt yet identified and confirmed when d militancy sstarted it was supported my mostly all the traditional rulers and politicians in d south, D whole insecurity is a federal challenge dnt blame it on any state govt or Northern leader if u re nt planning ur own ,
Re: Fg Worried Over Living Condition Of Maiduguri Residents -nema by zikclassiq(m): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2011
The president should just declare state of emergency on Bornu state, period!
Re: Fg Worried Over Living Condition Of Maiduguri Residents -nema by Ugobelu: 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2011
Seconded cry

(1) (Reply)

The Best Comments On Pres. Jonathan's Fb Page / Exclusive: Ibb, Buhari,top Cbn-officials Are Boko Haram Sponsors–sheik Sani Hali / Yoruba Governor For Enugu In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.