Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying (732 Views)

Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce / EFCC Operatives Storm Osun To Curb Vote Buying - (Photos) / 2019: My Opinion - Best Combination That Will Defeat Buhari/apc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by BlazinGlory40: 5:53pm On Jun 28, 2022
There’s only one way to curb vote buying. On Election Day, voters should overpower those polling agents and forcefully collect the money from them. They should hold them hostage and one ordinary voter should be appointed to give voters their share of the money after voting for whoever they wish to vote for. When voting is done, release the agents to witness ballot counting and and final results in the polling units. If this is replicated in many places, APC won’t return to power. Same should be done to agents of other parties that want to buy votes too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by Factcheck0001: 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
BlazinGlory40:
There’s only one way to curb vote buying. On Election Day, voters should overpower those polling agents and forcefully collect the money from them. They should hold them hostage and one ordinary voter should be appointed to give voters their share of the money after voting for whoever they wish to vote for. When voting is done, release the agents to witness ballot counting and and final results in the polling units. If this is replicated in many places, APC won’t return to power. Same should be done to agents of other parties that want to buy votes too.
u are a joke

In Nigeria the best rigger will win n the party with the biggest financial warchest

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by BlazinGlory40: 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
Factcheck0001:
u are a joke

In Nigeria the best rigger will win n the party with the biggest financial warchest

Did you even understand the post?
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by Onigawara(m): 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

You must be a clown grin
Are you in any way related to zelensky??

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by BlazinGlory40: 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
Onigawara:

You must be a clown grin
Are you in any way related to zelensky??

This your comment typifies the average Nigerian. These politicians are aware of our docility and that’s why every four years they come to buy your vote for pittance and subject you to more poverty. But then, what do I know?

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by Newton2024: 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
BlazinGlory40:
Go and get sense.
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by BlazinGlory40: 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2022
Newton2024:
Go and get sense.

Okay sir! Sell your vote in peace

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by Newton2024: 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

Okay sir! Sell your vote in peace
You have good intention but your suggestion is childish, shallow and unrealistic. Only security forces can stop it because it is a criminal offence but you and I know that our uniform men are worse criminals.
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by 4teenblaq: 7:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
BlazinGlory40:
I am having the same train of thought ..

I believe there are some places this act can be done while there are other places it will be very hard.

But one thing is for sure, when ones mind is made up for something, he/she will make sure no form of deterrence will stop him/her from doing it.

As for me, even if you give me 50k, I will collect it and vote for my favorite candidate. No amount of money can stop me from doing my thing..

As it is now, most of us are wiser now, I pity tinubu and atiku relying on vote buying. Most people will collect money and vote for their preferred candidate.
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by BlazinGlory40: 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2022
Newton2024:
You have good intention but your suggestion is childish, shallow and unrealistic. Only security forces can stop it because it is a criminal offence but you and I know that our uniform men are worse criminals.

So what do you suggest? See ehn, until Nigerians are ready for change, they will effect it themselves. Nobody will do it for us. No wonder we are a docile people.
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by 4teenblaq: 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
Newton2024:

Stop sounding like a dunce.

You dey see Person dey steal your brother or sister or friend or even your own belonging , you go wait make police come before you take action abi?
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by BlazinGlory40: 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
4teenblaq:
I am having the same train of thought ..

I believe there are some places this act can be done while there are other places it will be very hard.

But one thing is for sure, when ones mind is made up for something, he/she will make sure no form of deterrence will stop him/her from doing it.

As for me, even if you give me 50k, I will collect it and vote for my favorite candidate. No amount of money can stop me from doing my thing..

As it is now, most of us are wiser now, I pity tinubu and atiku relying on vote buying. Most people will collect money and vote for their preferred candidate.

The major issue with vote buying is that they give you the money after you show them proof of voting who they want you to vote for.
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by IamWonderful: 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
BlazinGlory40:
Try it and sorry will be your name if you don't have family members with long legs, they will sit on you to count votes
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by helinues: 7:35pm On Jun 28, 2022
Easier said than done
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by 4teenblaq: 7:36pm On Jun 28, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

The major issue with vote buying is that they give you the money after you show them proof of voting who they want you to vote for.

Though I have never voted before but I have been involved in vote buying. It was in a school, a politician was contesting for a seat in his constituency. He came to our school and assembled some of us and gave all us 1,500 each for us to vote for him. I collected the more but I didn't vote for anyone.

I don't really know how they do it, do they give proof after voting or you take the ballot paper to them to show them who you voted for?
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by 4teenblaq: 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2022
helinues:
Easier said than done

I know your only hope is vote buying but a normal ground your tinubu can't beat peter obi in free and fair election. grin
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by helinues: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2022
4teenblaq:

I know your only hope is vote buying but a normal ground your tinubu can't beat peter obi in free and fair election. grin

But eventually, vote buying will still take place.

So console yourself
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by 4teenblaq: 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
helinues:

But eventually, vote buying will still take place.

So console yourself

Yes but this time it will land tinubu in a bigger mess grin

Imagine after vote buying, you still lose grin
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by helinues: 7:46pm On Jun 28, 2022
4teenblaq:

Yes but this time it will land tinubu in a bigger mess grin

Imagine after vote buying, you still lose grin

Let me tell you what you don't know about rigging.

All major political candidates rig, not necessarily them but their agents, their party candidates vying for different positions.

Highest rigger always win in such situation
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by Newton2024: 7:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

So what do you suggest? See ehn, until Nigerians are ready for change, they will effect it themselves. Nobody will do it for us. No wonder we are a docile people.
My suggestion is that people should not sell their votes. It happened in Anambra and Ekiti and the videos are there on the internet. Enlightenment is what nigerians need but not to do police job. If there are no buyers, there would be no sellers.
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by Newton2024: 7:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
4teenblaq:

Stop sounding like a dunce.

You dey see Person dey steal your brother or sister or friend or even your own belonging , you go wait make police come before you take action abi?

Bro, you can't compare armed robbery or kidnapping with vote trading. In vote trading, Sellers and Buyers are doing it happily with consent. This is different with kidnapping where the kidnappers do not seek consent of their victims before kidnapping them. In vote trading, there's no victim.

Advocacy against vote buying is my suggestion. We need to open people's minds.
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by BlazinGlory40: 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
Newton2024:
My suggestion is that people should not sell their votes. It happened in Anambra and Ekiti and the videos are there on the internet. Enlightenment is what nigerians need but not to do police job. If there are no buyers, there would be no sellers.

People should not sell their votes for mouth. It’s alright!
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by Newton2024: 8:08pm On Jun 28, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

People should not sell their votes for mouth. It’s alright!
Is that too much? Those who sold their votes have no right to complain about bad governance.
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by 3ple9iner: 8:36pm On Jun 28, 2022
Sometime it's the police on ground that do share the money not party agents.
Re: Opinion: Best Way To Curb Vote Buying by 4teenblaq: 10:02am On Jun 29, 2022
helinues:

Let me tell you what you don't know about rigging.

All major political candidates rig, not necessarily them but their agents, their party candidates vying for different positions.

Highest rigger always win in such situation

So you are saying in the just concluded election in Ekiti, sdp rigged more than PDP? grin

When PDP was vote buying in 2015, why did they win?

Just prepare for the mess coming your way in many folds.

(1) (Reply)

2023: Labour Party Unveils Umeh,43 Others As Candidates In Anambra / How Do I Transfer My Voter Card Center To Another State / The Real reason The Two Lagos Based Igbo Men are Supporting Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.