Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal (26552 Views)

Ortom To Buhari: Last Eight Years’ll Be Remembered As Worst In Nigeria’s History / Dino Melaye: "When I Say PDP, You Say TUFIAKWA, OLORUNMAJE" (Throwback Video) / David Mark, Suswam, Ortom To Be PDP Agents At Polling Units In Benue Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by Fareke: 11:33am On Jun 29, 2022
By Don Silas

Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has urged the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to go to Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, and appeal to him.

He insisted that the PDP has treated Wike, a former presidential aspirant of the party, badly.

Ortom, who appeared on Arise TV on Wednesday morning, also claimed that it was Wike who brought him back to the PDP in 2015 when he was treated unjustly.

“Why do you just send calls to Wike, you should have to go to him,” Ortom said.

“When people left the party, Wike was on ground. It was Wike that brought me back to PDP when I was treated unjustly.

“He brought me back to PDP in 2015. You have treated Wike badly. The party and national level should go to him and appeal to him. He came second to Atiku.”

DAILY POST reports that Wike has been involved lately in closed-door meetings with some top politicians who visited his country home shortly after the 2022 PDP presidential primaries and controversial selection of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa as running mate.

Just last week, the governor met with Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labor Party; Governor David Umahi of the All Progressives Congress, APC; Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso of the New Nigerian People’s Party, NNPP; and the Bauchi State Governor and former presidential aspirant, Senator Bala Mohammed of the PDP in his private residence in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

The visits were a sequel to a strong rumour of Wike’s alleged plan to dump the PDP after failing to make the cut in becoming a running mate to the flag bearer of the party for the 2023 election, Atiku Abubakar.

Recall that Wike came second in the May 28/29 presidential primary, which was won by Atiku, who garnered over a thousand votes to beat other contenders.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/29/2023-youve-treated-wike-badly-go-to-him-appeal-ortom-tells-pdp/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by MrPolitics: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2022
Wike is a strong party man that held the PDP together no doubt.

However, how was he done wrong? He contested for the presidency and the delegates voted him 2nd for different reasons. His uncouth method of speaking is probably one of it. He publicly stated that he wasn’t interested in VP.
Okowa worked actively for Atiku to win the primaries. It was an arrangement they had. It would be unfair to just dump him last minute for a man who is very controversial and said he never wanted the position.

Perhaps the way they went about it was wrong. I don’t know cause I wasn’t there but Wike will always have a place in PDP I think.

They will settle it anyway

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by Aonkuuse(m): 11:40am On Jun 29, 2022
Seriously, Oga go and pay salaries, Teachers in Benue have gone 8 months without salaries.

Meanwhile, Troops dealt with terrorists in Borno, see Photos>>> https://salemgists.com/nigerian-troops-kill-3-boko-haram-in-an-ambush-recover-weapons-photos/

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by slickbak(m): 11:51am On Jun 29, 2022
Ortom and Wike’s romance no be here.

His interests lie with Wike on the Federal level.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by Smithkafors(m): 11:51am On Jun 29, 2022
No body treated him badly..... He lost an election. If he had won, he would have done worse. Let him go and rest, next time he should be cautious as what ever he becomes in future......... By the way, if PDP had fielded wike, he will lose before 9:00am on election day.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by rolams(m): 11:53am On Jun 29, 2022
Eeeyah! Sorry ooo! Is Wike the Emilokan of SE/SS?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by Bar1941(m): 11:57am On Jun 29, 2022
Wike had made up his mind to support APC, he's a tough guy and never going back on that decision. The fact Okowa cajoled and later betrayed him and other Southern governors is enough a reason not to support PDP.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:57am On Jun 29, 2022
Ibos unite n vote in Peter

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by tophumble(m): 11:57am On Jun 29, 2022
Tell them
Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 29, 2022
Wike treated himself badly...

1 Like

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by LaSenior: 11:57am On Jun 29, 2022
grin

Na Aminu tambuwal finish wike kwatakwata

Imagine commanding all his delegates to vote for Atiku instead of telling his delegate to vote for who they like

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by PALAPALA02(m): 11:58am On Jun 29, 2022
They should go and beg him because he is God or what??

What about the millions of people wike stepped on their toes, has he gone to beg any of them.
Even the recently released Dagogo whom he arrested and imprisoned and also accused of promoting cultism in the state, has he apologized to that one.
And the Dagogo was supposed to contest for the governorship primaries, but wike had him jailed because he had personal issues with him, so he couldn’t contest the primaries again.

Has wike apologized to him??

Karma is a bitch.

Expect to get in return what u give out.
They say good begets good and evil begets evil.

For some, their reward comes earlier, while some, theirs comes latter.

Buh it must surely come.

Wike is fond of talking anyhow and treating people like rag cos he’s d governor. He treats people without regards.

This might even just be the beginning of his downfall cos I don’t think any smart politician will want to have wike as a vice or in their cabinet.

He his power drunk and destructive

14 Likes

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:58am On Jun 29, 2022
Tinubu is a thief

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by Newyorkitis(m): 11:58am On Jun 29, 2022
In-house matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by visijo(m): 11:58am On Jun 29, 2022
My phone fell inside hot water, I quickly removed it and put inside cold water, now it's showing CCTV News.
����

3 Likes

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by EkelediliBuhari: 11:58am On Jun 29, 2022
no lies
Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by Herbal001: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2022
As a leader or aspirants, what comes out from your mouth matters a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by FuckAllTheMODs: 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
LOL, wicked Wike in the mud.

My man is tayad of being wicked!

He can not can again!! grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by aribisala0(m): 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
Smithkafors:
No body treated him badly..... He lost an election. If he had won, he would have done worse. Let him go and rest, next time he should be cautious as what ever he becomes in future......... By the way, if PDP had fielded wike, he will lose before 9:00am on election day.
He is resting

128 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by Kingpele(m): 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
Hahaha I give it the northern politicians.they know how to make their southern politicians very useless and very important simultaneously....

3 Likes

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by CheapHomes1: 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
MrPolitics:
Wike is a strong party man that held the PDP together no doubt.

However, how was he done wrong? He contested for the presidency and the delegates voted him 2nd for different reasons. His uncouth method of speaking is probably one of it. He publicly stated that he wasn’t interested in VP.
Okowa worked actively for Atiku to win the primaries. It was an arrangement they had. It would be unfair to just dump him last minute for a man who is very controversial and said he never wanted the position.

Perhaps the way they went about it was wrong. I don’t know cause I wasn’t there but Wike will always have a place in PDP I think.

They will settle it anyway

Mr brother, it's the same question I am asking myself. Dude contested an election and lost. I don't know what all these emotions flying around is for

2 Likes

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by Truthisunique2: 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
You that is talking is not left out

You were chairman of the zoning committee, and what did you do but call for open contest

8 Likes

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by bigdammyj: 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
If not?
Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by blazesam(m): 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
Woke just join Obi and move on...

Leave Atiku with his wahala party ..

Woke just continue

4 Likes

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by Hisxellency: 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
They should appeal to peter Obi too

3 Likes

Re: Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal by Sulele04(m): 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Atoku the serial loser cheesy cheesy.
Warming up for another defeat in 2023. tongue

Wike nah noisemaker.
Wike nah empty barrel.
Wike is not vp.

Okay oo go win election nah. cheesy.

Hopefully Okowa will deliver the block vote in the south-east, and South-South afterall he is the bridge between the Igbos, and niger deltans.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign / FG Probes Jonathan Over Bombings In Niger Delta - Daily Trust / Governor Obaseki Commissions Streetlight Project (Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.