Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido (1886 Views)

2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus / Wike: Nigeria Is On Oxygen, Nobody Knows What Will Happen Next / Why Is Mike Ozekhome Laughing Even After Atiku Lost At Supreme Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by ogododo: 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Former Jigawa state governor and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Sule Lamido has named River state governor, Nyesom Wike “the natural heir” to the Presidential seat after Atiku Abubakar, the party’s candidate in the 2023 election.

This is even as Lamido described the governor as an asset to the PDP and a leader who has etched his name in glory given his performance as chief executive of the oil-rich state.

Lamido who stated this in an exclusive chat with our correspondent in his Abuja residence however blamed unnamed persons close to the governor for fuelling issues Wike has been responding to recently, stressing that the party must rescue the Rivers state governor and preserve him for the future.

He said: “Wike is a huge treasure for the PDP and one of the best materials. If we win (in 2023), he is the natural heir to the throne because he has the quality, the aura, the charm, the charisma and the age. I have been saying this: PDP is a family. There was a primary election and there were expectations but some of them were not met. So, it is natural for one to react. I can understand that. Governor Wike is somebody who is very forceful, who has done so well as a governor of PDP in his own state and who has been very supportive of the PDP. But again, he was made by the PDP. He is somebody we must make sure we preserve and we must rescue him from his own anger.”

According to the former Foreign Affairs Minister, whatever support Wike gives to PDP today is the party’s right, adding that “it is the party that made him” and not the other way round.

He continued: “Whatever support he is giving to PDP is PDP’sright because a son does not say ‘I am doing this for my father.’ The party that made him is like a father.”

Recall that a former governor of Niger state, Babangida Aliyu recently said that Wike lost the Vice Presidential nomination to Delta state governor, Ifeanyi Okowa because of the former’s penchant for talking too much. But for Lamido, Wike is right to be angry, insisting however that he must give peace a chance in the overall interest of the party.

“He is right to be angry for having not achieved his own personal interest or ambition but again that is what leadership entails. He is a party man and the party is not his enemy. The party is his home, is own group, his own support and therefore whatever might have been the failure of him to achieve his interest, should not be taken too seriously at a personal level.

“Wike is now like as a boiling pot. There is so much anger in him because people around him will not allow him to see clearly. People around him who he thinks are his own friends are his biggest enemies. It is a fact and he will see it later on and that is why they are putting more logs under the fire. By now they should be withdrawing all the logs under the fire, to allow the pot to cool down.

Lamido further counselled Governor Wike to be wary of those around him, noting that none of them has the capacity to make him realize his ambition.

“There is no one single person in Nigeria today who can say I can run on the platform of PDP and win election on his own, not even Atiku. It is the people of the PDP who will deliver such a person. Ask those around Wike, can they deliver their states to him? There are governors now using Wike but he is one of our best materials for the future.

“To me, we need to make sure that we assist him to calm down and stop him from spilling over with anger because the pot is literally messing up its body by this unnecessary heat. 

At the right time, he will see the wisdom in what I am saying because we are all former governors. We know what we were in office and we know what we are out of office,” he added.  

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/wike-nigerias-next-president-after-atiku-lamido/
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by todaynewsreview: 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
Wike has moved on. Nothing concerns him again.

4 Likes

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by musa234(m): 2:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Be deceiving yourself.. This is supposed to be turn of the south and even though I am a supporter of kwankwaso, I want him to team up with Mr Obi. It is unfair for another Fulani man to take over the helm of affairs after buhari. We should learn to treat others equally and do to others what you want others to do to us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Kdon2: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2022
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/wike-nigerias-next-president-after-atiku-lamido/

Whining don start be dat! Wike no fit smell presidency for Nigeria! North hate him to their core! Maybe amaechi their puppet though grin
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nigeria's situation is critical at the moment, and the worst thing that would happen to us is for extremely corrupt and business-as-usual type of politicians like Atiku and Tinubu that lavish money on cronies and other corrupt practices to win.
Peter Obi who didn't spend shishi to emerge, someone who already hates waste and corruption will definitely ensure that resources are judiciously used for the masses benefit. By cutting out waste, Peter Obi government would be able to re-channel the resources to areas that need it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by lonecatt(m): 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2022
Wike have made up his mind , no scam talk will change it.

pdp is dead today because of atiku and co,why should they benefit from the same dead party they helped kill.

1 Like

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by SmartPolician: 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2022
If you listen to these people, you think they know what they are saying. Nobody is even sure of the next president let alone his successor.

1 Like

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Totilopussylick(m): 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
SmartPolician:
If you listen to these people, you think they know what they are saying. Nobody is even sure of the next president let alone his successor.

APC and PDP are in no way different from each other.

They forgot that Nigerians are tired of them.

Obi go shock them like a electric shock tongue.

1 Like

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by ogododo: 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2022
Subsea:
Nigeria's situation is critical at the moment, and the worst thing that would happen to us is for extremely corrupt and business-as-usual type of politicians like Atiku and Tinubu that lavish money on cronies and other corrupt practices to win.
Peter Obi who didn't spend shishi to emerge, someone who already hates waste and corruption will definitely ensure that resources are judiciously used for the masses benefit. By cutting out waste, Peter Obi government would be able to re-channel the resources to areas that need it.
You think Obi go emerge if dem no step down for him, especially Pat Utomi?
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Smithkafors(m): 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
Make una dey deceive am......

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Omihanifa: 2:13pm On Jun 29, 2022
They want to scam him again and collect the remaining dollars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Duru009(m): 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2022
If WIKE decamps , that will be the END of PDP

1 Like

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by shine00: 2:17pm On Jun 29, 2022
Pdp are playing mind games with wike
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Karlovych: 2:19pm On Jun 29, 2022
embarassed Labour Party is the new flame!

APC and PDP have both done their part , they should be relegated to the archives.

2 Likes

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Frigga13: 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Duru009:
If WIKE decamps , that will be the END of PDP

Who’s Wike in Pdp

Na his Rivers money we need ... not Wike ...

Ameachi decamp .. was it the end of Pdp?

Did he win even local government or statehouse ?

Rivers has money ...

Delta get money pass

Akwaibom is there ... all Pdp

Wake up..

Power to the people
North 2023

Wike should please Decamp

1 Like

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by rolams(m): 3:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
See the king/President maker! Dem wan turn this country to their property!

1 Like

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by KanwuliaExtra: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
Is that how democracy works?
Wike will wait 9 years after being made politically-irrelevant?

OMO! See GOBE. cheesy
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Minime10(f): 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
ogododo:
Former Jigawa state governor and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Sule Lamido has named River state governor, Nyesom Wike “the natural heir” to the Presidential seat after Atiku Abubakar, the party’s candidate in the 2023 election.

This is even as Lamido described the governor as an asset to the PDP and a leader who has etched his name in glory given his performance as chief executive of the oil-rich state.

Lamido who stated this in an exclusive chat with our correspondent in his Abuja residence however blamed unnamed persons close to the governor for fuelling issues Wike has been responding to recently, stressing that the party must rescue the Rivers state governor and preserve him for the future.

He said: “Wike is a huge treasure for the PDP and one of the best materials. If we win (in 2023), he is the natural heir to the throne because he has the quality, the aura, the charm, the charisma and the age. I have been saying this: PDP is a family. There was a primary election and there were expectations but some of them were not met. So, it is natural for one to react. I can understand that. Governor Wike is somebody who is very forceful, who has done so well as a governor of PDP in his own state and who has been very supportive of the PDP. But again, he was made by the PDP. He is somebody we must make sure we preserve and we must rescue him from his own anger.”

According to the former Foreign Affairs Minister, whatever support Wike gives to PDP today is the party’s right, adding that “it is the party that made him” and not the other way round.

He continued: “Whatever support he is giving to PDP is PDP’sright because a son does not say ‘I am doing this for my father.’ The party that made him is like a father.”

Recall that a former governor of Niger state, Babangida Aliyu recently said that Wike lost the Vice Presidential nomination to Delta state governor, Ifeanyi Okowa because of the former’s penchant for talking too much. But for Lamido, Wike is right to be angry, insisting however that he must give peace a chance in the overall interest of the party.

“He is right to be angry for having not achieved his own personal interest or ambition but again that is what leadership entails. He is a party man and the party is not his enemy. The party is his home, is own group, his own support and therefore whatever might have been the failure of him to achieve his interest, should not be taken too seriously at a personal level.

“Wike is now like as a boiling pot. There is so much anger in him because people around him will not allow him to see clearly. People around him who he thinks are his own friends are his biggest enemies. It is a fact and he will see it later on and that is why they are putting more logs under the fire. By now they should be withdrawing all the logs under the fire, to allow the pot to cool down.

Lamido further counselled Governor Wike to be wary of those around him, noting that none of them has the capacity to make him realize his ambition.

“There is no one single person in Nigeria today who can say I can run on the platform of PDP and win election on his own, not even Atiku. It is the people of the PDP who will deliver such a person. Ask those around Wike, can they deliver their states to him? There are governors now using Wike but he is one of our best materials for the future.

“To me, we need to make sure that we assist him to calm down and stop him from spilling over with anger because the pot is literally messing up its body by this unnecessary heat. 

At the right time, he will see the wisdom in what I am saying because we are all former governors. We know what we were in office and we know what we are out of office,” he added.  

They have come again with their deciet.
When they feel their interest is threaten, due the injustice backstabbing done to Wike and fearing the attendant consequences, they now want to decieve wike with a fake Presidential hope.
If I were wike, I would have left the PDP long before they realize it
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Duru009(m): 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2022
Frigga13:

Who’s Wike in Pdp

Rivers has money ...

Delta get money pass

Wake up..

Power to the people
North 2023

No NEED for this ARGUMENT, only time we tell......
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Googledotcom: 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nonsense talks, if the south did not have betrayals like Okowa, northerners won't open their mouths to talk.
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by AwkaFinest: 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2022
Frigga13:

Who’s Wike in Pdp

Rivers has money ...

Delta get money pass

Wake up..

Power to the people
North 2023

Abeg which money Delta get? Delta that can't survive without FG allocation?
Please say something else.
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Prince111111: 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
lonecatt:
Wike have made up his mind , no scam talk will change it.

pdp is dead today because of atiku and co,why should they benefit from the same dead party they helped kill.
na you kill am ba
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by samunaka: 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2022
ogododo:

It simply means that Wike will never be president because Atiku cannot be president of Nigeria
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
Weyrey una never win, you Don dey pick successor
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by perez100: 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lamido think he is smart. Anything to brainwash Wike and get his support now is allowed . It must be after you guys and not after others you guys.

Kwankwaso said after him, then Obi. Lamido said after Atiku, then Wike and so on.
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Penguin2: 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2022
Wike will be a fool to fall for this trick.

If he’s the next president after Atiku, why did they not advise Atiku to pick him as VP candidate so he can be closer to the presidency?

You are telling me Okowa does not have ambitions abi?

Well, all these ones are not necessary because Atiku will not win the election.

Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria.
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by IgOga(m): 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Se you dey whine Wike ni grin grin
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Milljack: 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
Aside gov makinde of Oyo that performed & has political value.. gov of Abia& enugu are Disasters!!! PDP will loose abia governorship election..enugu has no viable opposition honestly most ppl are tired of chimaroke nnamani and his boys...gov ortom of benue is 50/50 in terms of performance...wike uncouth utterances and unpresidential behavior are his greatest enemies
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by abobote: 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2022
This deceit is too cheap
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Wisetrue99: 6:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
grin grin grin Is this a consolation or an insult

This people must take Wike for an idiot grin grin grin

So who will Atiku hand over to The igbos or Wike grin grin

Raymond Dokpesi, see your lies for outside
Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by ChrisP92(m): 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
Oya make Okowa show workings for osun make we believe am. U know say Wike run am for Obaseki dat yr
Frigga13:

Who’s Wike in Pdp

Rivers has money ...

Delta get money pass

Wake up..

Power to the people
North 2023

Re: Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido by Frigga13: 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
ChrisP92:
Oya make Okowa show workings for osun make we believe am. U know say Wike run am for Obaseki dat yr

Run wetin

Don’t let media noise deceive you... not even Wike can say what you just vomit

Nobody really send Wike in Pdp

He’s a forcing guy...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mixed Reactions As Peter Obi Was Interviewed By Igbos Woman On CNN / Obidents 2 Million Man March Happening In Uyo (Pictures and Videos) / Video Of Soldiers Singing And Dancing The Mock Emilokon Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.