Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,576 members, 7,958,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:09 AM

NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ (22887 Views)

Ukr Has Allegedly Handed Over To Russia Its "Peace Plan" Agreed With The US / Zelensky Calls Russia's Missile Strike On Kharkiv's Freedom Square A 'war Crime' / US Vs IRAN, Check Out Some Of The Most Significant Weapons In The US Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by maasoap(m): 9:33am On Jun 30, 2022
Ckonnet:

I don't side any of them but your guess is as good as mine, no country can survive such a ban with the international community for a long time not even America so what Russia is doing is cosmetic surgery just as Nigeria NBS does.

It doesn't matter what happens tomorrow, we're discussing what we see today.
They sanctioned both Iran and North Korea for many years and Europe and America didn't feel any negative impacts. But this one with Russia is like the more you look, the less you see. You just have to accept the reality on ground and leave tomorrow talk for tomorrow
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Mrtaye: 9:34am On Jun 30, 2022
maasoap:

It has. Funny you didn't know.
Shuu them never dey attack Russia wotowoto naw na only Russia dey fight dey destroy malls, houses, killing people naw
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Appleyard(m): 9:35am On Jun 30, 2022
Mrtaye:

USA not scared but too civil to invade Russia

USA too civil to invade Russia? grin

For a country that has practically invaded and interfered in more than 30 countries?

Tell me you're just kidding.

2 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Mrtaye: 9:35am On Jun 30, 2022
maasoap:

But they can invade Syria, Iraq, Libya and some other small countries because they are barbaric like Russia? The only thing stopping them is Russia nuclear capability. Remember, it also equally stopped them from attacking North Korea
Yes they also occupied Syria, Iraq, Libya and some small countries and annexed it as an extension of the USA
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Mrtaye: 9:40am On Jun 30, 2022
maasoap:

grin grin grin lol
You know your mate when you see one. USA vs Russia, none of them will stand on her feet after the fight. It is not about being civil or compassionate because USA was never known for that, it is about respecting your equal mate, adversary
USA and Russia are not mates in everything technology, education, military,rule of law, democracy name it Russia is just doing agidi based on envy and jealousy... think am now if USA dey behave the same way as Russia things go spoil as per say USA is up while Russia is down and he who is down fears no fall
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Appleyard(m): 9:40am On Jun 30, 2022
seanwilliam:
apart from nuclear weapons which is M.A.D, Germany will destroy Russia not to talk of almighty U.S of A

In your dreams.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by dantewest: 9:43am On Jun 30, 2022
Mrtaye:

Mumu says wkipedia who be Wikipedia no be people dey run wikipedia abi where was wikipedia when wtc was bombed...ogun kee your wikipedia

At this point, further reasonable engagement with you is worthless.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Mrtaye: 9:52am On Jun 30, 2022
Appleyard:

USA too civil to invade Russia? grin

For a country that has practically invaded and interfered in more than 30 countries?

Tell me you're just kidding.
USA is a very wise country naw they can never reason the same way with Russia never USA is way up... Russia because of envy and jealousy wants to drag USA into the mud they are but USA won't act solely but with the alliance so it won't look like they (Russia) succeeded.... USA is a progressive nation but Russia wants war and war they will get allahkwa......... also I would love to live in the USA than Russia because my freedom is intact as in all these I am interacting on a forum like this if I were to be in Russia I would have been arrested and sent to Siberia
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Mrtaye: 9:56am On Jun 30, 2022
dantewest:

At this point, further reasonable engagement with you is worthless.
Of course now it's always a tall order trying to educate communist sympathizers and people that just hate USA because of envy and jealousy bye
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by maasoap(m): 10:04am On Jun 30, 2022
Mrtaye:

Yes they also occupied Syria, Iraq, Libya and some small countries and annexed it as an extension of the USA

Israel has annexed most of the Palestinian territory and you might even be one their defendants. My point is that they're neighbours and there is always these claims to the sorrounding territories.
But that has nothing to do with the destructions that those invasions caused, that's the main point here
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:13am On Jun 30, 2022
Geniuelander:

angry angry
Why am I insulting my Dad
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:13am On Jun 30, 2022
Appleyard:

See this little girl calling his Father's mate a kid. Is that all you have when you can't string together coherent rebuttal?

Move aside, gringo. cool
You know nothing little boy.. grin
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Appleyard(m): 10:14am On Jun 30, 2022
tnerro1:
Ukraine without it’s eastern part is useless to EU or NATO. EU needs Ukraine’s east due to it’s industrial and fertile lands for growing things, NATO needs it’s sea port to have a base in the Black Sea or sea of Azor. Russia will take the east by all means necessary to stop all these even if they have to lose millions of soilders. Ukraine without it’s east will be a burden to EU and the last thing oyibo person need na something to stress them.

At the end of the day, Russia will be the winner and Ukraine the loser.

You just educated a lot of sheeples.

2 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Appleyard(m): 10:17am On Jun 30, 2022
Drenimarcus:
I still remember Putin words back in February, Putin made it clear that Russia was not going to go to war with NATO, but that in the event of an attack, there would only be one retaliatory strike. One.

The US has deployed the 101st Airborne today. These are attack US troops.

It is slowly going from "if" to "when"

Something big is coming....all eyes on the Med and the Balkans.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by olalat(m): 10:28am On Jun 30, 2022
Mrtaye:

They can't invade Russia because they are not barbaric like Russia
And the holy alliance constructed Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan, Raqqa in Syria. Hypocrite
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Appleyard(m): 10:39am On Jun 30, 2022
Dohn:

See mumu, shay u no d hear d word "alliance" ni?
If usa alone descend on russia, noting go remain. As a mata of fact, most of the 32 nations are in NATO because dey seek protection from USA and few other world powers ther , against mad aggressive nations lyk Russia. Not asif they have much to contribute
.. No d com post nons*nse here

Lmao. This thread is full of kids.

So nations join NATO because they fear the US? grin

So Sweden and Finland that are joining NATO now are doing so because they fear US?

Do you even know what NATO stands for?

1 Like

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Geniuelander: 10:55am On Jun 30, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

angry angry
Why am I insulting my Dad

wink angry cheesy

It doesn't make sense, he's your dad for Christ sake .
Evendo you're frustrated and probably depressed that doesn't mean you should be insulting him publicly

Gosh embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by sdfggege: 11:03am On Jun 30, 2022
What role NATO played in the Russia-Ukraine war...
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:03am On Jun 30, 2022
Geniuelander:

wink angry cheesy

It doesn't make sense, he's your dad for Christ sake .
Evendo you're frustrated and probably depressed that doesn't mean you should be insulting him publicly

Gosh embarassed embarassed embarassed
What meme is that?

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Appleyard(m): 11:19am On Jun 30, 2022
Goddson:

Well Russia sees everyone as equals and not subordinates…

Russia didn’t invade Africa to enslave our forefathers.

It’s Russia that helped South Africa against apartheid.

Russia revealed how Belgium and the west murdered Patrice lumumba

France was stealing Mali’s resources in the guise of solving Mali’s internal problem for a decade, they were kicked out by Mali’s government and they invited the Russians. What france couldn’t achieve in a decade in mali, Russia did in 6 months.

Russia defeated the nazi’s in WW2 there by killing the ideology of racial superiority, may be your likes will still be bundled to Europe in chains to your slave masters abode as an ignorant black man that you are.

I can go on and on….

If only you know the importance of Russia to the world, if only you read more books on history, if only you are well traveled, then maybe you won’t be ignorant.

@nairaland please we need cognitive testing especially in this political segment of the forum, we need intelligent assessment before one can comment or join this sensitive section.
too many ignorant people on leash on here.

Gaddamit!!! You really made my day. cool

Much of the people here on this thread are locked away in their slave mentality and gross inability to think for themselves. When people can't reason logically, the result is always catastrophic as evident in their sheer ignorant comments.

Many of these people don't even realize that this world need a balance of power as against unipolarism.

While there is racism everywhere, in Russia the police don't use black people for target practice. In the US, you're more likely to be killed as a black man than anywhere else in the world. But many of our brothers that has been zombified by Hollywood don't even realise this.

Spain just killed a lot of African migrants, and no one is talking about it. They are more CONCERNED with Ukraine, same country that pushed Africans away from boarding the trains to Poland when people were running away from the war during the initial stage of the Russian SMO.

At times when I read some of the comments on this section, I just shake my head and I started to understand why the white man always sees the black man as an inferior specie.

Imagine one comment here saying that "the US is too civil hence it has not invaded Russia", same US that destroyed Libya, Iraq, and has invaded more than 30 nations Killing millions of innocent people.

Same US that frustrated the Good luck Jonathan's government effort to combat Boko Haram, blocking us from buying weapons until Russia came to our rescue. While the Russians are no saints, this world need a balance of power, and it's pathetic seeing people reasoning on the basics of emotions rather than being pragmatic and logical.

It doesn't even dawn on most of the kids here that assuming NATO was dissolved following the collapse of the Soviet Union, Ukraine wouldn't been experiencing this war now. Libya would still have been intact and much of the Middle East wouldn't have been a hotbed for terrorism. Unfortunately, only few people reason this way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 30, 2022
Appleyard:

Gaddamit!!! You really made my day. cool

Much of the people here on this thread are locked away in their slave mentality and gross inability to think for themselves. When people can't reason logically, the result is always catastrophic as evident in their sheer ignorant comments.

Many of these people don't even realize that this world need a balance of power as against unipolarism.

While there is racism everywhere, in Russia the police don't use black people for target practice. In the US, you're more likely to be killed as a black man than anywhere else in the world. But many of our brothers that has been zombified by Hollywood don't even realise this.

Spain just killed a lot of African migrants, and no one is talking about it. They are more CONCERNED with Ukraine, same country that pushed Africans away from boarding the trains to Poland when people were running away from the war during the initial stage of the Russian SMO.

At times when I read some of the comments on this section, I just shake my head and I started to understand why the white man always sees the black man as an inferior specie.

Imagine one comment here saying that "the US is too civil hence it has not invaded Russia", same US that destroyed Libya, Iraq, and has invaded more than 30 nations Killing millions of innocent people.

Same US that frustrated the Good luck Jonathan's government effort to combat Boko Haram, blocking us from buying weapons until Russia came to our rescue. While the Russians are no saints, this world need a balance of power, and it's pathetic seeing people reasoning on the basics of emotions rather than being pragmatic and logical.

It doesn't even dawn on most of the kids here that assuming NATO was dissolved following the collapse of the Soviet Union, Ukraine wouldn't been experiencing this war now. Libya would still have been intact and much of the Middle East wouldn't have been a hotbed for terrorism. Unfortunately, only few people reason this way.

Very true bro, I’m happy that you are enlightened too.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Mrtaye: 11:54am On Jun 30, 2022
maasoap:

Israel has annexed most of the Palestinian territory and you might even be one their defendants. My point is that they're neighbours and there is always these claims to the sorrounding territories.
But that has nothing to do with the destructions that those invasions caused, that's the main point here
Always shifting the goal post why bringing Israel...is Israel really the bone of contention,is Israel threatening any body with nukes even when under rocket attack? well I don't expect much from communist sympathizers
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Mrtaye: 11:55am On Jun 30, 2022
olalat:

And the holy alliance constructed Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan, Raqqa in Syria. Hypocrite
No they actually annexed and occupied thwm
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 30, 2022
Ckonnet:

Please use your thinking cap effectively next time. Europe is the biggest importer of russia oil and they have reduced this drastically, looks at the countries you mentioned that can't account for upto 10 % business transaction with Russia, Belarus is being fed by russia,Syria and Iran is battling serious inflation and what have you in their respective countries. One of China's biggest bank already cut off transactions with russia. Microsoft and all American software companies pulled out and you are here arguing blindly. Maybe you don't comprehend how macro economics works hence your assumptions just to support pootin. For your information Europe accounts for more than 50% of russia business transactions so if you are able to comprehend that then you will understand better.

Bro i see the western propaganda at work on you, first before you quote me on this particular topic on how macro or micro economics works, you need to step out of your bubble because without that, you cant see the outside picture.

Russia sales of oil and gas has been shifted to India and China. Do you know the west still buys from Russia indirectly? India buys the oil, refines it , changes the flag to Indian flag on the cargo ship then export it to these dumb European countries whom you are supporting. Who gains and who losses?

Poland used to buy directly from Russia, now Germany supplies Poland.. where do you think Germany buys from?

Do you know why they couldn’t agree to the sixth package of sanctions? Because Hungary opposed it, now most European countries buy from hungry, where do you think hungry buy from?

Last I checked, India, Germany and Hungary are not oil producers, neither are they in OPEC but they are increasingly exporting gas and oil to European countries and cashing out?

I know they don’t teach you this on the empire of lies news stations.

Mind you Europe does not account for 50% of Russian economy neither do they account for 50% Russian business, stop this ignorance, Russia exports to Europe and USA, Europe is dependent on Russian exports that’s why there is a mirror effect on Europe as regards the sanctions.

So is American software companies the only one in the world? Russia is a self sufficient country, face reality and read books please… please my fingers are hurting cos it’s like I’m teaching a 2 year old how to read 1- 10.

Please read more books.

Here is what was posted by a representative of the Chinese foreign ministry below..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 30, 2022
Ckonnet:

Please use your thinking cap effectively next time. Europe is the biggest importer of russia oil and they have reduced this drastically, looks at the countries you mentioned that can't account for upto 10 % business transaction with Russia, Belarus is being fed by russia,Syria and Iran is battling serious inflation and what have you in their respective countries. One of China's biggest bank already cut off transactions with russia. Microsoft and all American software companies pulled out and you are here arguing blindly. Maybe you don't comprehend how macro economics works hence your assumptions just to support pootin. For your information Europe accounts for more than 50% of russia business transactions so if you are able to comprehend that then you will understand better.

Let me add the news below I just got from sources outside western propaganda.
Behind the scenes, there are pieces being moved and at the end of the day, it’s all about interests of individual countries.

I know news like this, you don’t get on mainstream media. Your brain has been clouded and brainwashed with western propaganda and Hollywood where America saves the world right? Laughs.
(Mind you, America has never won any major war in history, you can quote me from any source and I’m ready to defend it)

The world has moved on from unilateral to multilateral, no more American hegemony, every country is sovereign and decide on what policy is best for their interest.

Remember, knowledge is power.

2 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Etinosa1234: 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2022
jesmond3945:
the european politicial played an ignoble role in what is happening africa today. Weapons need to be sold to our government.

So u are blaming the European powers for Nigeria's predicament grin

How sweet
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Etinosa1234: 2:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
Drenimarcus:

Now go look those names up. Selah.

Well.. It should interest u that those that were responsible for the war crimes and the war itself were prosecuted.. The allies didn't want to make the mistake of the first world war by creating another treaty of Versailles which allowed the rise of Hitler and the Nazis

Also.. Don't even ignore the fact that Russia also took more of German scientists than the US

But let's play dumb to that fact.. After all, the US is the devil here grin cheesy cheesy
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by jesmond3945: 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2022
Etinosa1234:

So u are blaming the European powers for Nigeria's predicament grin

How sweet
yes they have a role. Once a leader aligns with the east, china or russia they would start creating problems for you. Let me explain, why do you think Govt is taxing us to death, reason IMF. They are doing it to Sri lanka and Pakistan now. Go and look at Mali and see what is happening there. The development going on there. They are buying russian energy cheap. You guys are suffering, travel to other African countries and see.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Etinosa1234: 3:18pm On Jun 30, 2022
jesmond3945:
yes they have a role. Once a leader aligns with the east, china or russia they would start creating problems for you. Let me explain, why do you think Govt is taxing us to death, reason IMF. They are doing it to Sri lanka and Pakistan now. Go and look at Mali and see what is happening there. The development going on there. They are buying russian energy cheap. You guys are suffering, travel to other African countries and see.

Lmaoo.. The context here is Nigeria.. That's the country we live in...

The loans ur country has borrowed from China, IMF, etc.. How has it been spent.??

Aren't dey all embezzled by our leaders??
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by jesmond3945: 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Lmaoo.. The context here is Nigeria.. That's the country we live in...

The loans ur country has borrowed from China, IMF, etc.. How has it been spent.??

Aren't dey all embezzled by our leaders??
thats why i said whatever is happening to you is being dictated by western leaders who sold you out.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Etinosa1234: 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2022
jesmond3945:
thats why i said whatever is happening to you is being dictated by western leaders who sold you out.

What you are saying is wrong..

What is happening to us is caused by the bad policies and embezzling of our governments.. Both APC and PDP

Abi is it the west that's responsible for the insecurity in our land?

Are they the ones who caused our recession in buhari government??
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by jesmond3945: 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2022
Etinosa1234:

What you are saying is wrong..

What is happening to us is caused by the bad policies and embezzling of our governments.. Both APC and PDP

Abi is it the west that's responsible for the insecurity in our land?

Are they the ones who caused our recession in buhari government??
they urge our govt to collect loans which are trap to control our country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out / Saudi Arabia Admits Jamal Khashoggi Killed In Istanbul Consulate / US Drone Strike Kills Senior Iran-Backed Militia Leader In Baghdad (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.