Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ (22314 Views)

Ukr Has Allegedly Handed Over To Russia Its "Peace Plan" Agreed With The US / Zelensky Calls Russia's Missile Strike On Kharkiv's Freedom Square A 'war Crime' / US Vs IRAN, Check Out Some Of The Most Significant Weapons In The US Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2022
Mrtaye:

Stop spewing trash because of hatred for USA ok where were you when thousands died at the world trade center
Be calming down. We are only enlightening ourselves here. May be I need to remind you. and with reference to your allusion., that Russia offered the US a free passage to retaliate against the Taliban. However, you still haven’t answered correctly what you responded to…. that the UN was bypassed by the US and Britain when they unleashed hell on innocent Iraqis
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2022
Mrtaye:

Stop spewing trash because of hatred for USA ok where were you when thousands died at the world trade center

Mrtaye:

Be calming down. We are only enlightening ourselves here. May be I need to remind you. and with reference to your allusion., that Russia offered the US a free passage to retaliate against the Taliban. However, you still haven’t answered correctly what you responded to…. that the UN was bypassed by the US and Britain when they unleashed hell on innocent Iraqis unprovoked-
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Mrtaye: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2022
ademola721gmai:

Be calming down. We are only enlightening ourselves here. May be I need to remind you. and with reference to your allusion., that Russia offered the US a free passage to retaliate against the Taliban. However, you still haven’t answered correctly what you responded to…. that the UN was bypassed by the US and Britain when they unleashed hell on innocent Iraqis
I don't remember the talibans
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by maasoap(m): 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
Mrtaye:

Always shifting the goal post why bringing Israel ...is Israel really the bone of contention,is Israel threatening any body with nukes even when under rocket attack? well I don't expect much from communist sympathizers

You don't get it.
Israel is annexing Palestine because they're close to each other. Russia is annexing part of Ukraine because they are close to each other.
USA can't do that because their invasion is thousands of miles away from home.
But invasion is invasion, be it Russia or USA, it leads to killings and destructions.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Mrtaye: 7:30am On Jul 01, 2022
maasoap:

You don't get it.
Israel is annexing Palestine because they're close to each other. Russia is annexing part of Ukraine because they are close to each other.
USA can't do that because their invasion is thousands of miles away from home.
But invasion is invasion, be it Russia or USA, it leads to killings and destructions.
But USA can still annex Mexico, Cuba, Canada, and other close North American countries naw abi how you see am
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Ckonnet: 7:51am On Jul 01, 2022
Goddson:

Let me add the news below I just got from sources outside western propaganda.
Behind the scenes, there are pieces being moved and at the end of the day, it’s all about interests of individual countries.

I know news like this, you don’t get on mainstream media. Your brain has been clouded and brainwashed with western propaganda and Hollywood where America saves the world right? Laughs.
(Mind you, America has never won any major war in history, you can quote me from any source and I’m ready to defend it)

The world has moved on from unilateral to multilateral, no more American hegemony, every country is sovereign and decide on what policy is best for their interest.

Remember, knowledge is power.

Your brain is the one clouded by what I don't even understand probably ignorance. First I dont support any side and this war have affected my investment badly so iam not even happy that this is happening. But you should open up your and dont hate and you will understand better. Europe imports more othan 60% of its energy from Russia and this has been reduced drastically and in your mind you think Pakistan will fill 20% of that demand you must be joking or you don't even understand the arithmetic. Soon Russia will be running at a lost producing oil when the glutes hits them and already eu countries are diverting their source of oil.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Etinosa1234: 9:14am On Jul 01, 2022
jesmond3945:
they urge our govt to collect loans which are trap to control our country.

So our leaders can't think for themselves??

Is it not because our leaders mismanaged out resources that they run to the west and China for loan

Besides, since we borrowed, how has it impacted ur life?? Or did the west tell us how to use our money cheesy

Its nice absolving the APC and the PDP of their blames.. grin grin
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by jesmond3945: 9:29am On Jul 01, 2022
Etinosa1234:

So our leaders can't think for themselves??

Is it not because our leaders mismanaged out resources that they run to the west and China for loan

Besides, since we borrowed, how has it impacted ur life?? Or did the west tell us how to use our money cheesy

Its nice absolving the APC and the PDP of their blames.. grin grin
go and read about debt trap. Like I said the blame is 50 50. Our leaders 50 and the west 50.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Etinosa1234: 9:41am On Jul 01, 2022
jesmond3945:
go and read about debt trap. Like I said the blame is 50 50. Our leaders 50 and the west 50.

Oga... Learn not to blame the west for ur nations failure.. Then you will be able to move forward

From 1960- 2020 ur leaders embezzled and milked the country dry..

We are still recovering abacha loot

The west convicted ibori of money laundering.. Ur country celebrated him as a hero when he came back

Alameisigha, former bayelsa governor was caught and imprisoned by the same west

Even the loans that the west gave us to still develop our land, our leaders have embezzled it..

But yet we should blame the west for our suffering.. If dey didn't borrow us, y'all will still accuse them of trying to keep Africa in the mud.. I know una type cheesy

Additionally, the west has never imposed any leaders on us...

So can u explain to me how the west is responsible for Nigeria's suffering??

Typical black behavior.. Blame everyone but ur self for ur failure
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by jesmond3945: 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Oga... Learn not to blame the west for ur nations failure.. Then you will be able to move forward

From 1960- 2020 ur leaders embezzled and milked the country dry..

We are still recovering abacha loot

The west convicted ibori of money laundering.. Ur country celebrated him as a hero when he came back

Alameisigha, former bayelsa governor was caught and imprisoned by the same west

Even the loans that the west gave us to still develop our land, our leaders have embezzled it..

But yet we should blame the west for our suffering.. If dey didn't borrow us, y'all will still accuse them of trying to keep Africa in the mud.. I know una type cheesy

Additionally, the west has never imposed any leaders on us...

So can u explain to me how the west is responsible for Nigeria's suffering??

Typical black behavior.. Blame everyone but ur self for ur failure

Now let me coach you brother.
When leaders embezzle money and move it abroad, they do it with complete connivance with white men. If you doubt me go and make your findings.
Now when they put this money in western banks what happens, they bring out trump up charges to seize this money and domicile them in their banks were they use it for their economy. Then they arrest these people like ibori who after serving prison terms are deported back.
Now let the white man return the money, they refuse except they are taken to court. If you win they return the money gradually, sometimes they give it to you as loans.
Look at what france is doing to their former colonies.
Now let me coach you my friend, do you know your foreign currencies is domiciled in USA banks. When they buy your oil, they pay to your bank account in usa. Now if America sanctions Nigeria they can seize that money and Nigeria will suffer.
They did it to Allen oyenma, seized his money. He learnt a bitter lesson from the experience.
They did to russia seized their money. What did russia do, they stopped capital flight. Every cash made in our country must remain in our country.
But what does african countries do, business men in the west will come and encourage them to open bank accounts in their countries. They move your money to these banks and then use this money to control your country. When a good leader rises to take this money, they use their moles in your coumtry to remove the person. Look at what they are doing in haiti and some latin american countries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 01, 2022
Ckonnet:

Your brain is the one clouded by what I don't even understand probably ignorance. First I dont support any side and this war have affected my investment badly so iam not even happy that this is happening. But you should open up your and dont hate and you will understand better. Europe imports more othan 60% of its energy from Russia and this has been reduced drastically and in your mind you think Pakistan will fill 20% of that demand you must be joking or you don't even understand the arithmetic. Soon Russia will be running at a lost producing oil when the glutes hits them and already eu countries are diverting their source of oil.

If you are focused mentally, you will understand my previous comments, Pakistan wanting oil from Russia shows that the rest of the world is ready to do business with Russia, Note: the rest of the world is bigger than Europe and USA.

Your comments about EU countries diverting their source of oil is false, the EU countries are deliberating oil price cap which won’t work.. you see they can’t do or wouldn’t survive without Russian oil.

If Europe reduced its energy from Russia, India and China has taken over, meanwhile if you pay attention to my previous comment, you will see where I stated that India is now supplying Europe with energy needs… “is India a major oil producing nation? “
India is buying from Russia and selling to Europe, acting as middle man and also cashing out…

You see how Europe and USA is circumventing their own sanctions because it’s not working.

Bro, go to the romance or comedy section of nairaland, that is where fit you..

You are no match for me concerning international matters. You belong to the ignorant lot.

2 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
jesmond3945:

Now let me coach you brother.
When leaders embezzle money and move it abroad, they do it with complete connivance with white men. If you doubt me go and make your findings.
Now when they put this money in western banks what happens, they bring out trump up charges to seize this money and domicile them in their banks were they use it for their economy. Then they arrest these people like ibori who after serving prison terms are deported back.
Now let the white man return the money, they refuse except they are taken to court. If you win they return the money gradually, sometimes they give it to you as loans.
Look at what france is doing to their former colonies.
Now let me coach you my friend, do you know your foreign currencies is domiciled in USA banks. When they buy your oil, they pay to your bank account in usa. Now if America sanctions Nigeria they can seize that money and Nigeria will suffer.
They did it to Allen oyenma, seized his money. He learnt a bitter lesson from the experience.
They did to russia seized their money. What did russia do, they stopped capital flight. Every cash made in our country must remain in our country.
But what does african countries do, business men in the west will come and encourage them to open bank accounts in their countries. They move your money to these banks and then use this money to control your country. When a good leader rises to take this money, they use their moles in your coumtry to remove the person. Look at what they are doing in haiti and some latin american countries.

Wow this is excellent, please coach him.

I happy you are enlightened too brother

3 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by jesmond3945: 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2022
Goddson:

Wow this is excellent, please coach him.

I happy you are enlightened too brother
gracias
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by ken6488(m): 11:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
Ckonnet:

Was part of it and weakening russia also. Was an apparent trap 4 pootin.
all they fall for Putin trap
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by fairheart(m): 2:49am On Jul 03, 2022
grin grin grin
Asour:

NATO was not created for Russia.

It was created after the first world war in 1945.
Germany was the Villain here.

Russian became the 'enemy' of NATO & Vice versa due to its government's tendencies.

Note that (technically), the Russian Federation didn't exist until 1991. And former USSR countries (Latvia, Lithuania & Estonia) are members of NATo today.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by fairheart(m): 3:09am On Jul 03, 2022
I am in the U.S and I can tell you that all America will do is research on how to invade Russia but will not actually do it. It will be suicidal; it is like saying Russia can successfully invade the U.S and get out victoriously. It is almost impossible! Most of you on Nairaland is not as exposed as you often claim to be. For the most powerful country (militarily) to declare a country as an "existential threat," you should know that country is potent!

The day the U.S attempt to rally European Nations to invade Russia is the day WWW III will start, and it will be fought with nuclear weapons.
I can tell you based on the assessment of US military generals that the US would rather weaken Russia and see if it can be divided than launching a military invasion. First, their armies will be overstretched, given the size of Russia and 11 or 12 different time zones. Secondly, you have to make Russia incapable of launching its BMS and hypersonic weapons, which can reach anywhere in the US and in Europe. Right now, that is a pipe dream.

Also, you must be able to fire a lot of missiles to destroy the Capital and other key military sites, most of which are armed with the world's best air defense systems. I can tell you that No country at this moment can and will invade Russia and return alive.

What about Russia's ability to destroy U.S military satellites for defensive purposes? Remember, Russia is one of the best 2 countries in space technologies, and they have innovated to weaponize space. So, they will be waiting from there as well.

It may have made some mistakes in Ukraine, but Russia is a powerful country. It is unfortunate that the Russia-Ukraine crisis turned into a war. This should have been settled peacefully.

You mentioned Hitler's Germany, but Russia is not Germany. If Hitler had the nuclear weapons and technologies that present Russia has, war two would have turned out differently; maybe part of the U.S would be inhabitable by now. But Russia can and will do that to defend itself.

Lastly, let no one pray for a war that directly attacks Russia. It's a law in Russia that if they are attacked first, they will use nuclear weapons.
Peace is better than war.

Have a great weekend!

mach7:
Same was said about the USSR. But Hitler in 1941 didn't read the script.

In Military planning, you don't plan based on sentiments, but rather on realities.

The US has always been interested in invading Russia and clearly developed plans for it.

Research:

Operation Unthinkable
Operation Dropshot
Operation Pincher
Operation Broiler
Operation Offtackle

3 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 04, 2022
fairheart:
I am in the U.S and I can tell you that all America will do is research on how to invade Russia but will not actually do it. It will be suicidal; it is like saying Russia can successfully invade the U.S and get out victoriously. It is almost impossible! Most of you on Nairaland is not as exposed as you often claim to be. For the most powerful country (militarily) to declare a country as an "existential threat," you should know that country is potent!

The day the U.S attempt to rally European Nations to invade Russia is the day WWW III will start, and it will be fought with nuclear weapons.
I can tell you based on the assessment of US military generals that the US would rather weaken Russia and see if it can be divided than launching a military invasion. First, their armies will be overstretched, given the size of Russia and 11 or 12 different time zones. Secondly, you have to make Russia incapable of launching its BMS and hypersonic weapons, which can reach anywhere in the US and in Europe. Right now, that is a pipe dream.

Also, you must be able to fire a lot of missiles to destroy the Capital and other key military sites, most of which are armed with the world's best air defense systems. I can tell you that No country at this moment can and will invade Russia and return alive.

What about Russia's ability to destroy U.S military satellites for defensive purposes? Remember, Russia is one of the best 2 countries in space technologies, and they have innovated to weaponize space. So, they will be waiting from there as well.

It may have made some mistakes in Ukraine, but Russia is a powerful country. It is unfortunate that the Russia-Ukraine crisis turned into a war. This should have been settled peacefully.

You mentioned Hitler's Germany, but Russia is not Germany. If Hitler had the nuclear weapons and technologies that present Russia has, war two would have turned out differently; maybe part of the U.S would be inhabitable by now. But Russia can and will do that to defend itself.

Lastly, let no one pray for a war that directly attacks Russia. It's a law in Russia that if they are attacked first, they will use nuclear weapons.
Peace is better than war.

Have a great weekend!

Yes very good statement, unfortunately most here are very ignorant… Hollywood has clouded their minds.

Russia for now is the only country in the world that has hypersonic missile capable of carrying nuclear warhead which can reach anywhere in the world faster than the speed of sound. What that means is that, their reply to any enemy country will be lightning speed and accuracy.

China has too but it will take a while before they integrate it to their military while the USA failed its hypersonic arms test.

It’s sad seeing brother countries at war with each other based on their history together, this conflict could have been avoided if only Ukraine adhered to the Minsk agreement.. imagine the former president of Ukraine saying the Minsk agreement in 2014 was to buy time to build an army to fight Russia.

2 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
Ckonnet:

Let me add this here for you, I know most of your likes here are very ignorant and don’t like to source for information outside what western media tells you, just like i told you that other countries are filling the void of the western countries.

Below is news I just read this morning which I have been telling the ignorant you.

Ve told you, go to the romance or comedy section.

1 Like

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
Ckonnet:

I like to update ignorant peeps like you, here is another news I told you days ago below. You see your mainstream media is just updating zombies like you..

We have the intel, real time information and data on ground to school ignorant people like you.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-06/china-and-india-funnel-24-billion-to-putin-with-energy-spree

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Saczzy(m): 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2022
Sir fairheart if you can add me to a WhatsApp group for f1 visa undergraduate program I am still looking for date for interview or if you can send a link
My number 09051611385

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Russian Warships Fire Missiles Near Japan ( Pics, Video) / Twitter Suspends Trump's Account For 12 Hours.. / Leyla Muhandale, 23-Year-Old Wins Kenyan Assembly Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.