Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members (29405 Views)

Isaac Fayose To Atiku: You Think Wike Is Not Important, You'll Be Disgraced 2023 / Tinubu To Atiku: You Can Strategize In Jungle, You’re Going Nowhere / Sorry Atiku, You Can’t Buy Integrity What Is Rotten Is Rotten- Churchill Okonkwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by brightonos24: 7:38am On Jun 30, 2022
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State asked the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Abubakar Atiku to reach out to the River State Governor.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2NGf1NfmGA

Ortom, who expressed worry that Atiku denied Wike the popular views of the PDP members, stated that he expected Atiku to have reached out to Wike on the grounds that he finished second in the PDP presidential primaries.

He said, “I am waiting for him (Atiku) because there are more things he is expected to do. I expected him to reach out to Wike who came second and he denied him the popular view of PDP members. 14 out of 17 members say that Wike should be the VP but in his wisdom, he chose Governor Okowa.

“Governor Okowa is a nice man and my friend and I have no problem with him. But if we are in a democratic era, and 14 people out of 17 said that it should be Wike, and he (Atiku) in his wisdom gave it to Okowa, I expect more explanation, I expect him to talk to Wike first, I expect him to even reach out to some of us so that together we can work as a party,” he added.

The Benue State Governor while speaking on Arise Interview on Wednesday, noted that Wike has capacity and charisma to lead Nigeria.

He said, “Some of us believe that Wike has the capacity but Nigerians or let me say the PDP people did not give him the opportunity. Some of us rooted for him. I was amongst the 17-member committee that was set up by the candidate himself and the party and some of us said that for the vice presidency of the party, we needed Wike to be the vice president so that he can bridge the gap.

“We (the committee) said it does not matter whether he supported the presidential candidate or not, all we are looking for is unity and how we can make things work. Unfortunately, it was said that it is Governor Ifeanyi Okowa who is also a PDP member. And that is the wisdom of the presidential candidate.

“Some of us have resorted back to prayers because I am really confused. I felt that Wike would have been the vice-presidential candidate of the party after losing the presidential ticket to Atiku. He was the second person to Atiku and Wike has charisma,” he said.

Ortom further said, “All of us have our weak spots. Wike can be ‘something something’, but when it comes to mobilization, impact, value addition and reaching out, and making sure that the party works, Wike is an instrument. Wike is somebody who stands for the party and makes sure that things work.

“So, for some of us, we believe in him but unfortunately, it was somebody else and it doesn’t matter because the party is supreme. But for some of us, now I have resorted to prayers and if you haven’t seen me in Turkey, it is because I am praying,” he said.

Asked whether he would support Atiku’s presidential bid, Ortom simply said he has resorted to prayers.

He said, “I tell you as a Christian, that I believe that power belongs to God. John 3:27 says “A man can receive nothing except it is given to him from above”. If God says it is Atiku and if God says it is whoever, that is all.

“I am praying. I have gone into hibernation and I am fasting and praying. So, in the end, if God directs me to support Atiku, why should I not do it? After all, he is my party man. But the bottom line for me is that I have gone into hibernation and I am praying and at the end, whatever God directs me to, I can assure you that I will do it,” he added.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/you-denied-wike-popular-views-of-pdp-members-ortom-tells-atiku/?utm_source=break.ma&utm_medium=break.ma

23 Likes

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by Totilopussylick(m): 7:42am On Jun 30, 2022
Emperor Wike was disappointed by PDP over a past crook.

Wike is not somebody to mess with and go free. Ask Ned wnoko the pedophile tongue.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by Moferere: 7:45am On Jun 30, 2022
Just a gentle reminder, Atiku will not win the 2023 presidential election grin

456 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by ArmaniUhuru: 7:47am On Jun 30, 2022
Make una dey calm down. Others also lost the Presidential primaries, and where not even shortlisted for VP’s slot. It is the way of the game. As a Nigerian politician, your shock absorber suppose dey intact because shock can come anytime.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by salbis(m): 7:47am On Jun 30, 2022
This old fool should keep quite and pay Benue state civil servants their salaries.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:47am On Jun 30, 2022
Even PDP has conceded defeat. grin >

God Bless Bola Tinubu

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by mbasharon(m): 7:48am On Jun 30, 2022
PDP and it's wahala
Most PDP governor's seems to be supporting Wike

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by jkpbestseries: 7:48am On Jun 30, 2022
Power must return to South! What killed the father will surely come for the son... Atiku never likes Goodluck and that hatred is there for wike too. Wike should work for Tinubu or Obi, if not he will be disgrace. Once beaten twice shy

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by Moh247: 7:48am On Jun 30, 2022
cool

Weyrey dey disguise

Benue delegates also voted Atiku , Same as Delta and Edo State

Governance Ortom scored zero, politics zero

Even Yeye Bello came out to showcase flyovers bridges, hospitals and paid workers atall atall some change monthly even when allocations were low

Makinde in 3 years has built more roads, markets bus terminal than Ortom

Yet this idiotic man still talks

15 Likes

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by fasho01(m): 7:48am On Jun 30, 2022
Shut up! If the cowardly committee on zoning that you headed had done the right thing, all of this will not be happening now

55 Likes

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by blazesam(m): 7:48am On Jun 30, 2022
Wike is on his way to become a very and more OBIDIENT citizen of this nation.

Let be more serious and avoid doing nonsense politics. What atiku did demands leaving him with his party and also vote his self.

Say no to northern presidency 2023 and say no to vawalence.

Vote Peter Obi for President

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by steq: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2022
Wike the strategist, what's next?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by datola: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2022
Atiku, the Dubai based presidential aspirant cannot win the general elections without Wike's support. I wonder why he needed to be reminded to reach out to Wike.

Atiku will not be next president of Nigeria. He can only be president of fulani Meyeti Ala.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by nkemoma(m): 7:49am On Jun 30, 2022
All wailers who think they are patriotic should support neither Tinubu nor Atiku..

That way, their sins will be forgiven

3 Likes

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by akpunda86: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2022

1 Like

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by LoveToRead: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2022
In as much as it is the prerogative of Atiku to pick his vice candidate, then he has done no wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by VladimirPutiin(m): 7:50am On Jun 30, 2022
Wike men fighting dirty already. From Fayose to Ortom. Remember most of the PDP senators and governors are in Wike Camp.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by Ndibuna: 7:50am On Jun 30, 2022
Good one. Southern presidency or nothing

With what I'm seeing I don't see Atiku winning one state

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by Warldbest(m): 7:50am On Jun 30, 2022
Wonder what Reno Omokri has to say, has been silent on this

8 Likes

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by Blackazuma99(m): 7:50am On Jun 30, 2022
Everywhere you go wike...

From a reliable source, I heard Atiku want to jet down to Turkey to visit wike concerning the ongoing crisis in the People Democratic Party (PDP)..

2 Likes

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by Abalado(f): 7:50am On Jun 30, 2022
Atiku didn't pick Wike bcs of fayose,fayose is a failure, people dont trust the thief again bcs of his anti party romance his doing with APC and Tinubu, he sold ekiti PDP to APC, no mega rally in ekiti for the first time,fayose na eleribu eda

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by Bawsse(m): 7:50am On Jun 30, 2022
PO for life

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by SlavaUkraini: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2022
Wike would have cost Atiku votes in the North and the south east.

Nonetheless the party should reach out to him for the purpose of Party Unity.

Another extraordinary meeting in Turkey on the cards...

3 Likes

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by Bloggz74(m): 7:51am On Jun 30, 2022
Oga go and learn simple politics.
Since when did party started picking running mate for presidential aspirants?

You guys are just causing confusion everywhere because of stomach infrastructure.

Moferere:
Just a gentle reminder, Atiku will not win grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2022
Party in disarray.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by Newton2024: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2022
Like for Peter Obi

Share for Tinubu

Quote for Atiku

50 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by MrSensor(m): 7:51am On Jun 30, 2022
I will try Obi.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members by Dawn91(m): 7:52am On Jun 30, 2022
Everyone should stop sulking because of the money they collected from Wike and move on already

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abacha And Babangida In Kontagora In 1989 / PDP Dares INEC, Re-open Presidential Campaign On Monday / Adamawa: INEC By Law, Cannot Nullify Already Announced Results - Senator Abbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.