Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:59 PM

Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? (3698 Views)

When Would Wike Host Tinubu To Commision A Project? / Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu: Who Would You Prefer As President Among The 3 In 2023? / The Many Dramas Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu, Who Tried To Silence Co-senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by helinues: 11:44am On Jun 30, 2022
fergie001:
That is the least of his worries. The Court has helped him with that......

Court for this matter?

Wike's case required presidential pardon or sort

He Wike spent Rivers money recklessly for his presidential ambition. Where would he see all those money back when his tenure is less than a yes
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by helinues: 11:46am On Jun 30, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

With or without Wike's support.APC will not any state in the SS let Rivers

Have you ever seen Apc permutating of winning either SS or SE? Apc have been realistic with their Politics

25-35% is enough. They would look for the remaining % elsewhere

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:47am On Jun 30, 2022
helinues:

Have you ever seen Apc permutating of winning either SS or SE?

Where is elsewhere? Kano and Kaduna? grin grin ;Na juju him won take win am

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by helinues: 11:48am On Jun 30, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Where is elsewhere? Kano and Kaduna? grin grin ;Na juju him won take win am

That one for no concern you. I already responded to your questions

Sebi according to Obi's supporters, SS is in the bag already as the SS people would leave their son who is vying for VP and vote an alien Party LP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:48am On Jun 30, 2022
helinues:

Court for this matter?

He Wike spent Rivers money recklessly for his presidential ambition. Where would he see all those money back when his tenure is less than a yes
If he was worried about presidential pardon he will grovel at Atiku's feet.He has more chances of winning over Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:48am On Jun 30, 2022
helinues:

That one for no concern you. I already responded to your questions
Tinubu's stronghold is only in his local SW

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by kponkedenge(m): 11:49am On Jun 30, 2022
Factcheck0001:
guy wike can never support peter obi simply because right now his greatest allies now are seyi makinde n fayose n I believe u saw how makinde stood by wike n even brought him to south west n lately what fayose said about wike being cheated

Wike is a big man n what he needs now if he wants to cross is to make a bold statement,do u think he will make any statement by supporting obi n losing?

Once he joins apc it’s game over n I believe u know fayose stand?

You guys seem to have a very short memory.... Amaechi did more than that. He crossed to APC and lost Rivers State to PDP's (Wike). Rivers State generally votes PDP, it will be easier for them to even vote Labour Party than APC.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by helinues: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Tinubu's stronghold is only in his local SW

So we have been reading until the Apc primary changed the narration
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by helinues: 11:50am On Jun 30, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

If he was worried about presidential pardon he will grovel at Atiku's feet.He has more chances of winning over Tinubu

Toh.. Oya continue counting the unhatched eggs
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by seunmsg(m): 11:50am On Jun 30, 2022
There is nothing in LP for Wike. He will either work for Atiku or Tinubu, Obi is not an option for any serious politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by fergie001: 11:52am On Jun 30, 2022
helinues:

Court for this matter?

The EFCC cannot probe State finances except by fiat from the State Attorney-General.
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by Ttalk: 11:53am On Jun 30, 2022
Penguin2:
With the recent tweet of Ayo Fayose who is a staunch Wike ally, and the fact that Wike recent held closed door meetings with Peter Obi and Kwankwaso, Wike’s body language is seeming like he might not support Atiku for the 2023 presidency.

Like, what’s in Atiku’s presidency for him that others can’t give? Because as it stands, the only thing Atiku will offer Wike is a ministerial position which either of Obi or Tinubu can still offer if he throws his weight behind either of them and they win. If anything, Wike has been a minister and now a governor. So being a minister doesn’t freak him. Just that this time it will be a juicy position like Petroleum instead of Education he occupied under GEJ.

Now, on Peter Obi, Wike said a lot of disparaging things about Peter Obi during the PDP Primaries but we can dismiss that as things that come with politicking.

But why do I think Wike might support Peter Obi?

I’m gonna make it easier for you by itemizing it.

First, they were in same party but only went apart less than two months ago.

Second, the close affinity between Southeast and Southsouth.
Yes. You can’t dismiss that and you can’t wish it away. Because since the 1950s till date, the Southsouth and Southeast have always voted in same direction in general elections. So, that regional fraternity is there and might influence Wike’s choice.

Third, bulk of Wike allies are Igbo.
Men like Ugwuanyi and Ikpeazu, even the PDP national secretary, Sam Anyanwu, is Wike’s ally and many others. You cannot dismiss the influence that these men would have on Wike if he is going to support any other person than Atiku. I do not think Wike will leave the welfare and interests of the constituents of these his friends to support Tinubu for instance.

Fourth, it might serve as Wike’s last chance to make reparations for Obigbo.
Believe it or not, Igbos used to carry Wike matter for head like gala until Obigbo happened and Wike told the world he’s “not Igbo”. Say whatever you wanna, but Wike and strategists know that he has more to gain being part of the larger Igbo family than segregating from it. The choice is his and he is a man of his own but I think it’s the wise thing to do. So, throwing his weight behind Peter Obi would be the hissop that would wash Wike’s scarlet sins to be as white as snow amongst the Igbos and he would be forgiven. But throwing his weight behind Tinubu would be Wike stabbing the Igbos at the heart a second time which will further alienate Wike from the Igbos.

Next, is the pulse of Rivers people.
The next question that Wike would have to ask himself before making a choice is ask who the Rivers people are more disposed to voting. Are Rivers people more disposed to voting Tinubu or Peter Obi? When Wike has answered that question, it would help him make a choice that would be popular amongst his people. Or what’s the need in swimming against the tide?

Then There Is An Amaechi In APC
Wike and Amaechi have spent the last 7 years, since 2015, being on each other’s neck and case. I do not see how you would want reconcile both of them and have them under the APC roof? Who will be the Leader of APC in Rivers? Whose men will be in charge of APC and how will they share things amongst themselves? All these headaches won’t be there if Wike moves to Labour Party which is without a Leader in Rivers, Southsouth and even entire Southern Nigeria. In Labour Party, Wike will be the new lord. But in APC, he will just be another defector. However, when you remember that Kwankwaso and Ibrahim Shekarau are now in same party, you’d know nothing is impossible in politics.

Lastly, Wike’s aversion for APC.
Not just Wike but most Nigerians are tired of the APC. It’s on record that Wike once described APC as a ‘cancer’ and PDP a ‘headache’; he then queried, “why would I leave headache for cancer?” I know you would say other politicians have said worst things about rival parties but still joined it but we would have to watch and see if Wike will join the pack.

Why I think Wike Might Consider Tinubu

First, Wike respects Tinubu a whole lot and I don’t know why.
This respect is not overt but I discovered it the day I watched Wike’s interview that lasted for above an hour and each time the interviewers asked Wike questions regarding Tinubu that he would have ordinarily latched on to lambast Tinubu, he would play around it and end with “I have huge respect for him”. Again, think through, as temperamental as Wike is, and has insulted almost every living soul in Nigeria, have you ever heard of a single ill word that Wike said about Tinubu? I bet you have not. Maybe this had escaped your notice but now you know.

Second, some Wike’s allies like Fayose and Makinde are Yorubas.
Which among Wike’s allies have more influence on him than others? Is it his Igbo allies or his Yoruba allies? Would they work in harmony or would allies of each tribe wanna support one of their own? Would Fayose and Makinde wanna support Tinubu and therefore try to influence Wike to do the same? This is another factor that would influence who Wike would support.

Third, APC Is A Ruling Party.
Wike might wanna think that since APC is a ruling party, throwing his weight behind the party might be the safest option to take if he wants to play anti-party. We all know APC and the brand of politics they play. As much as we are hoping for a free, fair and transparent elections, do not rule out APC playing some abracadabra just to retain power. Now, Wike might not wanna gamble by supporting a Labour Party that is not grounded enough hence, he might decide to toe the path he feels is sure.

Fourth, To Make The Yoruba His Allies.
Wike might wanna believe that throwing his weight behind Tinubu might warm him into the hearts of more Yoruba people and end up bringing the Yoruba to his side and them his allies in case of future contests. It will be the perfect handshake across the Niger. The question Wike would have to ask himself is which would be more profitable to him; alliance with the Yoruba or alliance with the Igbo? Again Wike would also have to know that Tinubu already has a lot boys and men to settle which would make it difficult for Wike to get anything tangible from Tinubu’s presidency.

Other than these four reasons, I see no other reason Wike might wanna support Tinubu but you can add yours.

Conclusively, I would say that if Wike is wise and strategic, he should align with Obi, Kwankwaso and co and become the new shot callers in Nigeria if they succeed than serve as just another of Tinubu’s many boys.

Penguin is a bird of reason.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Fergie001
Garfield1
Truthisunique
PrinceofLagos

How mature you have grown in your analysis unlike the previous emotional junk you previously dish out now and then.

Just remove your personal interest while writing something with this title if you want people to take you seriously
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by helinues: 11:55am On Jun 30, 2022
fergie001:
The EFCC cannot probe State finances except by fiat from the State Attorney-General.

And why was Fayose invited? Why did Nyako fled Nigeria during GEJ's time?

Ibori being prosecuted under GEJ'S tenure was what?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by Passionate888: 11:57am On Jun 30, 2022
@ penguin2 where is 'obigbo' in Rivers state?
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by Penguin2: 12:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
helinues:

President with less than 10% of his party members in reps or Senate..

His policies won't pass his desk

That is for policies, admitted.

But what I’m asking is EFCC chairmanship… are you telling me an EFCC chairman appointed by Obi will arrest Wike after Wike has helped Obi become president?

On whose orders?
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by Penguin2: 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2022
fergie001:
Penguin Penguin
grin grin grin

Wetin I don do sir?
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by Penguin2: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2022
helinues:

Have you ever seen Apc permutating of winning either SS or SE? Apc have been realistic with their Politics

If there’s any party that would be talking about 25-35% in Southeast and Southsouth, it would have to be the PDP.

Who will vote Tinubu in the two regions?

If APC gets 10% in presidential election then they should be happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by paramakina202: 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2022
IamWonderful:
Check his cap when Peter Obituary visited him and see where he belongs

Recently Wike have been on red cap and white native like Hope Uzodimma even while he is in Turkey.

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by Penguin2: 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2022
Ttalk:

How mature you have grown in your analysis unlike the previous emotional junk you previously dish out now and then.

Just remove your personal interest while writing something with this title if you want people to take you seriously

I have always tried to be reasonable sir, I guess those times my analysis didn’t suit your biases and sentiments.

We serve reason here and are always reasonable and less emotional.
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by Penguin2: 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
Passionate888:
@ penguin2 where is 'obigbo' in Rivers state?

I don’t think I can help you if you don’t know where it is.

I’m not your man on that.
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by garfield1: 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2022
fergie001:
That is the least of his worries. The Court has helped him with that......

1. Politics is all about interests. What is the catch for Wike for LP? If Obi/Kwankwaso had happened, maybe just maybe. Moreover, will he abandon his NASS Candidates?

2. Fayose is just threatening and using Wike as smokescreen. Even if Wike had won the Primary, Fayose will always work for Tinubu in the trenches.

3. Wike has lost and lost out. His angst is that he funded the Party and then the "outsiders" like Ayu, Atiku, Tambuwal & co have hijacked it. So, it's over to Okowa to do the funding. His shishi will not show....

4. Where will Wike run to? He has hit the Northerners so many times, then hit Obi, then defend he is not Igbo. (I am not judging him). He is a victim of his been loudmouthed.

5. Forget the political correctness, many PDP SEners and Northerners were happy for his not been picked...Excepting Governors who have benefitted from him, which is for their interests.

6. Make no mistake, Fayose is speaking the mind of an average SWner, they won't leave their own......Tinubu will clear all 6 SW States.

7. Atiku's strongholds have always been in the South. He still gets his biggest votes from the South. It is time he starts behaving well in his own turf.

8. The next President of Nigeria oscillates around Atiku or Tinubu.

9. To bring Wike back, something "hooge" must be on the table.....Something as concrete as can be. But he sure knows he can't be in-charge anymore.

10. If Atiku doesn't bring them together and with Obi, on the ballot.....Tinubu can catwalk to the Villa without stressing out for Campaigns.

11. Wike will not back Tinubu. He has a formidable Amaechi on his throat. The new Minister from the State is Rotimi's godson and CRA is on ground now, APC is on the ballot. This will be one big fight so he can't afford any mistake....Presidential and NASS elections hold same day and usually have a ripple effect the following week.

Why is atiku stronghold in the south? Why not his own north? Or do you mean PDP strongholds are down south,what of his person strongholds? With the obi wave,are these southern strongholds still available?

Wike does not need to back anybody.he will just remain neutral during the presidential polls just like in 2019 and watch the direction of things...don't forget that Abe is leading the fight for tinubu in rivers and Abe is friendly with wike...

Except atiku drops okowa,there is nothing atiku can offer him.any other promise is just promissory note as atiku may not win and might renege if he wins.wike tolerated PDP in 2019,enough is enough.I believe ortom and fayose spoke his mind.all these men are for southern presidency
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2022
helinues:

So we have been reading until the Apc primary changed the narration
Oga People vote their tribesmen especially northerners in president elections.

If Amaechi was handed over the APC ticket over Tinubu the APC will lose the SW.

The NE/NW are for Atiku and Kwankwaso.

Anyone telling Tinubu he would win this two regions are deceiving him.

Tinubu would not be able to write results because of the new electoral law.Even in the days of Maurice Iwu the master rigger,the PDP could not win the North

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2022
Penguin2:

If there’s any party that would be talking about 25-35% in Southeast and Southsouth, it would have to be the PDP.

Same thing I was thinking.Tinubu can't secure 25% in any state in the SE/SS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by garfield1: 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

With or without Wike's support.APC will not any state in the SS let Rivers

They will win Edo or crs
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2022
garfield1:

They will win Edo or crs
grin grin Edo is even more OBIdient than any SE state

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by garfield1: 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2022
Penguin2:

Guy,we have passed this stage na since 2019.all the three parties will get 30.the next question is who will win
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by garfield1: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

grin grin Edo is even more OBIdient than any SE state

Second position is ok for tinubu.the aim is to stay close to atiku in his strongholds
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by garfield1: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Same thing I was thinking.Tinubu can't secure 25% in any state in the SE/SS

But buhari secured it
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by garfield1: 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2022
Penguin2:

I have always tried to be reasonable sir, I guess those times my analysis didn’t suit your biases and sentiments.

We serve reason here and are always reasonable and less emotional.

Saying apc won't get 25% is highly immature and emotional. Even me I can't say PDP or obi won't get that in sw
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by Vistra40: 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
helinues:

Wike is only looking for soft landing after his tenure which he can get under Apc

Yet people like you campaigned for “integrity” in 2015. Tueh!!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
garfield1:

Second position is ok for tinubu.the aim is to stay close to atiku in his strongholds
Then he will not be able to win the elections
Re: Peter Obi Or Tinubu, Who Would Wike Support? by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
garfield1:

But buhari secured it
There are four major candidates in this election.

We are looking at a likely run-off.Atiku would be second behind Obi in the SS and SE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hausa /fulani Clash On Twitter / Fani-kayode Reacts To Tinubu’s New Ministerial Nominees / Breaking - Nigerien Military Signs Contract With Russian Wagner Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.