Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,373 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words (5771 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? / Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by salisuammy(f): 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2011
My sons name is Joshua and my uncle plays with him with this big Joe motors advert: big Joe ayayaya and anytime my son sees my uncle he will say "mumm-mm" meaning mummy, bij Joe ayayaya. He will constantly point at the wall with anything that looks like a pencil and say wan, twuu, treee, agan which means again. and when i beat him he will wait for his daddy to come and as soon as he sees the dad, he starts crying and trying to explain dada, dada mumm-mmm ededee or whatever i hear him say and once the dad says sorry he will start laughing again. i just love being a mother cus motherhood is so much fun. lol cheesy
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by silat(f): 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2011
Loving this thread,my daughter says a pap u na means i will slap u now. Peeping means sleeping. My son says iti eat means i want to eat. Cocon means pop corn.Lots n lots. Lol
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by OWOLAYEMO: 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
Mine say some few words-

hallelua- halleluya

i wan to lite- I want to write

i bee u       - i will beat u

oo nepa   -up nepa

and the funniest;

hot-fire water[/b] meaning hot water from dispenser!

Raising kids cld be challenging but the joy they bring to ur life is unbelievable,
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by romsky: 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
i wan omi otutu meaning i want cold water
now dont tell him to recite the state and capital cuz that'll take him the entire day since he always rewind at Rivers - Kosoro(portharcourt i believe)
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by tessybaby(f): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
OHHHHHHHH I LOVE CHILDREN

my little niece is a talkative
she could call almost everybody's name in the house at less than 1 year
i remember she would say:
camimi naaa meaning carry me na

and my 11 months daughter says:
ta ta ta ta ta ta ma ma ma ma
tet meaning take
ta tuuuuu meaning thank you
and she sings
dedi dida meaning baby jesus where are you

love her sooooooooo much
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by Ayoobscom(m): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
how come none of you is teaching your babies OUR native language Igbo Yoruba Hausa,

Una done hear Oyibo pickin saying ala la-meaning amala before, nawa for una
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by yuzedo: 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2011
My 7month old son says,
1. Boko Haram is Bad!!!
angry
2. Dad, wsup with the NATO paroles in Libya? :/
3. Do you think Nigeria should review its Non-Alignment Policy?
. . . and my favorite,
4. Dad, Rily now?? Watching Po rn again??". . undecided tongue

cheesy Sigh! On the real tho, can't wait to carry my first child from the woman I L♥√ع (none yet sha). . Very sure I'll break down in tears of joy. . kiss smiley
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by DaDoctor: 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2011
yuzedo:

My 7month old son says,
1. Boko Haram is Bad!!!
angry
2. Dad, wsup with the NATO paroles in Libya? :/
3. Do you think Nigeria should review its Non-Alignment Policy?
. . . and my favorite,
4. Dad, Rily now?? Watching Po rn again??". . undecided tongue

cheesy Sigh! On the real tho, can't wait to carry my first child from the woman I L♥√ع (none yet sha). . Very sure I'll break down in tears of joy. . kiss smiley

YOU FIRST CHILD MAY THEN SAY;

PE-NY-IS!!

TO-O-TO!! cheesy
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by esosaidow: 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
mimi noone== leave me alone
babloon=== baloon
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by angel106: 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
Waoh, , my child's first funny word was daddy "ooooooooooooootop" which means "shut up". My hubby was gisting me about what happened to him earlier that day and she felt her dad was taking my attention off her and she said daddy? he quickly replied and she said "ooooooootop". I fell down while laughing at the way it sounded from her. My mum said she had told her that the day she went to pick her from school. She was a year 4 months at that time.

Now we've got many of them, lol
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by esosaidow: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2011
papa==nepa
genitor===Generator.

shes a yr and 10months  smiley
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by dblessed(f): 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2011
i'm single and truly really can't wait to get married and have my kids and love them like never before. my nieces and nephews spend their holidays with me and they said/say few words like

o quai - meaning don't cry

abituu- meaning i beat you

eluki nice - meaning you look nice

e your iceee- meaning see your eyes

ortop-  meaning shut up

kpankpastik- meaning fantastic

i always have so much fun with them. and i love them.
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 26, 2011
English is now our mother tongue. smiley
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 26, 2011
I remember my younger brother use to call spoon MOON! cheesy
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by Dgunnerz(m): 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
Actually,I don't have a kid now but my niece will say bye bye as Bayi bayi .
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2011
I thought i was doing pretty well by teaching my little one(1yr 7mths) how to speak English language ONLY, not until recently when in her bid to refrain grandma from interfering in her play mode, she screamed 'ma a nu e'! (I'll beat you) At first, we thought we didn't hear her well, then, she repeated it out loud again with some demonstration! Lol.

Now, we speak both Yoruba & English languages to her, smiley
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by buy1get2(m): 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2011
my kid started with MAAMAA
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2011
Had a Twin :

Susy = La televisión muestra [Meaning 'Television Showing']

Cheryl = Papá se casa tarde [Meaning 'Daddy is home late']
 grin grin grin
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by CrazyChica: 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^^cute
dont have any, am so jewous!(jealous) tongue
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by avwerosuoo: 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
my 21 months old child will say

ha wa uuuuuuuuu, how are you?
them when u ask her a question, she will say, hen, you say, that is i did not hear you, repeat what you said.
ni mi, ni mi, ni mi, that is leave me.

She is just adorable.
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by Gbenge77(m): 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2011
Interesting.
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2011
My lovely daugther (one year and two months) will say "bababaa" anytime she finish eating meaning its finish, she calls "dadaa" meaning daddy. "Tita" meaning sister
The most thrilling, is dat she keeps her hear on my belly and shouts "tataa" meaning baby, she is seeing vision lol
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by abouqi(f): 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
The usual a u bit u! pue da yo! (praise the lord!) and some that had been mentioned above.

When he could pronoun names, come and listen to his versions of the names of the people around him: Ati Peeipe (auntie Dupe), gaa ma (grand ma), Boya (Bola). He hears people call his dad; Daddy Waye (Daddy Wale).

It's a wonderful experience! I thank God for the privilege and pray for every family believing God for a child to be blessed with as many as they wish to have.
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by Koikoi(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2011
This is so, so funny! of all the funny things I've heard from my children, the most funny one was when my daughter was 2+. She came to me one morning while i was preparing to go to work, she was already dressed for school and the following conversation followed: Daddy, our chisha (Teacher) said we shood bing (bring) 5 yaya (5 naira) and i replied, tell your teacher that a small girl like you should not handle money. She turned without a word, took some few steps and dropped a bomb shell! Stupid daddy, she said. I was alarmed and called her back but she turned and ran away. each time i remember that conservation, i always laugh. why? i was clever not to be dupped by a two yr old
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by samyng(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
Wow i love this, can't wait to be married soon and have mine too. I might come back to this thread to post my child's funny words

Also (saxywale) made a point here,  Mothers in the house please also remember to teach your kids your mother tongue from child hood
Can you guys please tell us what they say in your own native language as we also love to hear too.

English is not our Mother tongue

saxywale:

English is now our mother tongue. smiley
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by oluchioke(f): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
My 27 months old boy , first word was, Ajah Ajah, i used to have a shop close to the road were bus conductors always shout Ajah Ajah when they pass, so he picked the word Ajah, Thank God iam no more there before my son will grow up to be a bus conductor.
His other words were, ata meaning water
mi mi meaning leave me
Tatoo meaning thank you

Kids are really troublesome but you cant help but love them
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by odufasuzz(f): 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2011
my inlaw daughter would say i month tenten meaning i want plantain.
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by Kunbee: 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
romsky:

i wan omi otutu meaning i want cold water
now dont tell him to recite the state and capital cuz that'll take him the entire day since he always rewind at Rivers - Kosoro(portharcourt i believe)

shocked shocked shocked shocked aww
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by IYANGBALI: 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2011
toto

obo

oko

kondom

push harder

i am coming
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by okooyinbo(m): 11:35pm On Jul 26, 2011
From what we have been hearing, hardly does any of these children learn the words in the native languages of their parents first. Later when they start speaking the "unusual" English tought them at infancy, then they would claim English is not their "mother tongue". This is very thought provoking and a big shame,
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by ijigbamigb(m): 4:06am On Jul 27, 2011
oh, i cant wait. ;d
Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by Odunnu: 5:17am On Jul 27, 2011
I'm so subscribing to this thread. Its lovely watching other people's kids grow, how much more yours. I hear all the fun starts at pregnancy, just cant wait oooo!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Wants To Be A Housewife? / Nagging Spouse Vs Difficult Boss / My Old Parents Are Still At War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.