Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria (13007 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 8:25am On Jul 28, 2011
If this is true then it's despicable and BTW do state governors have such power under the constitution? Silly govs. Whatever crimes these Ghanains had committed, dont we have more Nigerians committing worse here in Naija WTF? If they(govs) want to be fair, they should start deporting Nigerians committing such crime to wherever and the Ghanaian govt should reciprocate our 'kind' gesture too.

1 Like

Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by kembrat(m): 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2011
[quote="tatafla"]Looks it may be heating up

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=214755

Like I said its gonna cost problems[/quote]
SMH!
Where are we heading to! I'm almost speechless, it's totally nonsense, but i'm not so much suprised since there has been worse cases in Africa in this 2011 year,
Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by lauretta12: 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2011
Whether Ghanaians wee deported from Nigeria or the other way round, the comments in the above link clearly show that Ghanaians are xenophobic. Why such hate? Both countries are not better in any way than the other. Is this the first time a foreigner has been deported from a country? You want to tell me that Ghana has never deported any Nigerian or any other national in their history , Common people, i hope we won't be comparing which country is more xenophobic between Ghana and South Africa.
Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by londoner: 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Yeski, do you really believe that Ghana has not deported Nigerians from Ghana recently?

Your logic that because Nigerians commit crimes in Nigeria, Ghanaians should also be allowed is quite laughable.

Do you also feel that Nigerians should be allowed to commit crimes in Ghana, because Ghanaians also do?

If the headline had read "45 Nigerians deported from Ghana", what would have been your contribution here?

Would you not have immediately come up with a  way to either blame the Nigerians (or the Nigerian government), or any excuse which simply justifies the deportations?

Would you still describe the action as "despicable" ?

@Lauretta, the comments on the link are the same that Ghanaians have been expressing on the net for many years now. It did not take this recent headline for them to think like this towards Nigerians. Ghanaians can be VERY xenophobic, ESPECIALLY where Nigerians are concerned. Not all of them, but far too many IMO.
Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by Calamama: 1:26am On Jul 29, 2011
I think it is unfortunate that Nigerians very much hate their country like this with all the comments i have read here. If any, only few people are asking questions on why the Ghanians were deported. Are we all saying that all Ghanians are angels and incapable of committing crimes? By simply being neighbours, will you allow the man next door turn your room into a gutter? People should be constructive in their crititicm. Those who deported them won't ever do it for the fun of it knowing what the consequences of doing so will be on our international relation with them. Who told Nigerians that Nigerians are not been sent packing also from Ghana if you over stay your welcome or you're in the country illegally? Just take a look at the comments Nigerians have made here and compare them with the ones credited to them brought on this forum by a nairalander. Just look at the hatred they have for us even when 90% of Nigerian are condemning the deportation. While both countries belong to ECOWAS, that is not a license for nationals of either country to commit crimes and be left alone. It is a pity that most Nigerians have lost their self-worth because of what they'll eat. Its a shame!

Most such posts are not from Nigerians. Like some people have mentioned before, i think it is Ghanians people who go around doing that. It would be like me going around posting things like this: i[i] am Ghanian but i relay hate Ghana. i hate how we wowo, how our face black like coaltar, we are thieves, its true I'm saying this even though I'm Ghanaian [/i]
Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 1:54am On Jul 29, 2011
but Ghana people have this hatred for Nigeria, i think there was a time when GLO open their first office in Accra they were pulling there advertisement bill board and destroying the company's infrastructure as well why will they do such a thing like that,
Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by daniellle(f): 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2011
Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2011
The motives of Ghanaians that run their mouth and say negative things about Nigeria is driven mainly by jealousy; paranoia and a large dose of inferiority complex. I don't attach much importance to those rants culled from Ghanaian websites anymore than i do the rants that fly all over the place here on nairaland. We need to be the bigger person in all this and ignore such nonsense, but at the same time insist that the right thing be done: as far as i know, a state government does not have the right to deport any foreign nationale, especially not one from the ECOWAS region. I did not see in the original post where it said the deportees were criminals, so we're assuming they were i guess. Besides, even if they were criminals isn't the legal system in Nigeria adequate enough to prosecute them, and if they're found guilty, the Ghanaian government could ask for them to serve their sentences in Ghana if they so choose.

We need to be civil when having dealings with our neighbours, especially those from peaceful countries that don't give us stress.
Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2011
Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by biggodwin: 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2011
ok[/quote][/quote]
Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by tatafla(m): 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2011
I can't beleive some comments here saying saying Ghanaians are ''Xenophobic''. At least since I was born ie. 1985 I have never heard of any xenophobic uprising or even any attack based on prejudice of Nigerians or any other country. Even when about 45 Ghanaians were killed in Gambia because that president thought they were 'mercenaries' Ghanaians never attacked or protested in any violent way. The only thing that is encouraged in Ghana today is freedom of speech no matter who you are, you can criticise just as they criticise but that doesn't make them xenophobic or us Ghanaians xenophobic. We are peace loving people and right from our independence Ghana has stood for African unity even when we were betrayed and mistreated. I always talk against this in my country but maybe its about time Ghana really reacted and we kick all those asses out of here then we will really known what xenophobia ills. What the hell, why do you compare Ghana to South Africa, thats so insulting especially to me when I am nice to the Nigerians I know in Ghana and really for the first time I met many, didn't even have a place to lay their heads

1 Like

Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2011
biggodwin:

uote]ote]
@AK47Man, let me start with yours, first of all its not true GLO billboards were once destroyed, I used to live in NIG but i now live in Ghana cos i have dual citizenship (Nig & Gh and i have 2 passports), GLO, Mr Biggs, Chicken Republic, Zenith, GTBank, Intercontinental, Access Bank, Ovation House, and many other thousands of Nigerian companies are here and they are doing well, with no one pulling down their billboards, u said "i THINK there was a time when GLO, " please your source of info is untrue and if otherwise present link or editorial proof. Generally, Ghana is peaceful and very organized.

@lauretta12, You  are 65% correct, many Ghanaians are xenophobic, which is a very bad attitude; especially those of them who have never traveled, if they travel and understand what it means to be an alien in another country, they'll grow to change their attitude, and do u know they show such hatred even to other nationals like lebanese too? However, let me tell u a truth here Lauretta, in many cases, our own Nigerians disgrace our image in Ghana, about 26 who lived in the same neighborhood with me were arrested of minting Fake Ghana cedi a few years ago during the redenomination of cedi, besides, all of them who live close by ALWAYS dont live a calm, composed life, they open their stereos excessively loud and throw parties blocking minor roads without due authorization and legal backings, and i always call them and talk to them, look, many Nigerians deceive their parents that they r coming to school in Ghana, when they get here, they dont even school, some have stopped schooling and living big here with their school fees and the Ghanaians know and see it, (and Ghanaians naturally dont dare big things, either good or bad, they seem to be frightful and easily tamed). So basically, i tell u lauretta, their venom, suspicion and distrust for Nigerians is more than any other national becos our people too are too conspicuous and loud in most of the atrocities and illegal living here, Ghanaians too arent never saints, but Niger folks here makes theirs most times a red alert news cos of their modus operandi in doing the wrong.
Ghanaian Universities are for example, naturally not enlightened about occultism, unlike the way we have, Bucca, eye, Vikings, ,  blackbra, pink lady in our 9ja tertiaries, (which by God's grace is reducing now) etc, so i expect that, if a nigerian travel to a country like ghana, they shld live a comported life, especially since they know they are resented already, but they've been trying to establish it here and it keep failing cos the system here is not rightly enabled to make such occultism survive well althouggh there are faint traces.
I know of a few who are re-writing the story now by becoming good role models and representatives of ideal Nigeria here in Ghana.

@Proudigbo, yes, you sound unbiased. i like that. The Ghanaians may not be of good a character towards us, but we also dont have to give them more reasons to resent us. And believe me, there are very good Ghanaians, i'm a dual citizen and i'v lived both countries for over a decade each, i speak 3 languages very fluently from both sides, i believe i can tell a fair story on both ends.
Gbam!!! Well said. Our own too much 4 naija
Re: 45 Ghanaians Deported From Nigeria by Juvinist(m): 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2019
suomi:
Misplaced priority on the part of the government officials. I am typing this mail from an office in Accra, Ghana. I am a Nigerian and lives there but get to move around because of the nature of my work. This country, Ghana, is my adopted second country in the world. Having been to and work in many othercountries of the world that cut across all continents. Ghana is far better and more accommodating that some other countries of the world. I always feel at home whenever am in this country. So why should my own country not make Ghanaian feel the same way whenever they are in Nigeria.
We share common cultural heritage; the Ga from Greater Accra( have their origin from Ile-ife), the Ashatis (are believed to be related to the Ibos). We even inter-marry ourselves i.e Ghanaians and the Nigerians. So why are we deporting them?

For all you care to know, many Nigerian companies are here with a lot Nigerians working here both legally and otherwise. We should not use this to cause rift between 2 sister countries.  Among the Nigerian companies are GTB, UBA, Zenith, Intercontinental, Access Banks, AMAL Bank(90% owned by Oceanic bank of Nigeria). Even until recently, the MDs of Coca Cola Ghana, Guinness Ghana and Total Ghana were all Nigerians. Globacom, Oando and Sahara Energy are all operating here in Ghana. IEI Insurance company is also here. Many of us Nigerian come here regularly to stay.
Nigerian Airlines too come here, the likes of Aero, Air Nigeria, Arik and co. So we have come a long way as sister countires and so acts of deportation should not spoil the good relationships we have and we are still going to have in the future.

Also, according to the constitution and demography of Ghana, they recognised 1% of the Ghanaian population to be Yorubas who actuallyoriginated from Western part of Nigeria. So we are brothers and sisters and issue of deporting the law-abidding Ghanaians in Nigeria should not come up.

I know of Nigerians who own properties here and many of Nigerians students are schooling here.

Only the bad eggs who are found wanting should be sent packing, the peace loving ones should not be deported. The govt should fish out the black sheep from other countries and leave the peace loving ones alone.
Yeske2:
Gbam!!! Well said. Our own too much 4 naija
suomi:
Misplaced priority on the part of the government officials. I am typing this mail from an office in Accra, Ghana. I am a Nigerian and lives there but get to move around because of the nature of my work. This country, Ghana, is my adopted second country in the world. Having been to and work in many othercountries of the world that cut across all continents. Ghana is far better and more accommodating that some other countries of the world. I always feel at home whenever am in this country. So why should my own country not make Ghanaian feel the same way whenever they are in Nigeria.
We share common cultural heritage; the Ga from Greater Accra( have their origin from Ile-ife), the Ashatis (are believed to be related to the Ibos). We even inter-marry ourselves i.e Ghanaians and the Nigerians. So why are we deporting them?

For all you care to know, many Nigerian companies are here with a lot Nigerians working here both legally and otherwise. We should not use this to cause rift between 2 sister countries.  Among the Nigerian companies are GTB, UBA, Zenith, Intercontinental, Access Banks, AMAL Bank(90% owned by Oceanic bank of Nigeria). Even until recently, the MDs of Coca Cola Ghana, Guinness Ghana and Total Ghana were all Nigerians. Globacom, Oando and Sahara Energy are all operating here in Ghana. IEI Insurance company is also here. Many of us Nigerian come here regularly to stay.
Nigerian Airlines too come here, the likes of Aero, Air Nigeria, Arik and co. So we have come a long way as sister countires and so acts of deportation should not spoil the good relationships we have and we are still going to have in the future.

Also, according to the constitution and demography of Ghana, they recognised 1% of the Ghanaian population to be Yorubas who actuallyoriginated from Western part of Nigeria. So we are brothers and sisters and issue of deporting the law-abidding Ghanaians in Nigeria should not come up.

I know of Nigerians who own properties here and many of Nigerians students are schooling here.

Only the bad eggs who are found wanting should be sent packing, the peace loving ones should not be deported. The govt should fish out the black sheep from other countries and leave the peace loving ones alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need Advice About My Interview In Germany Embassy Pls! / US Visa Lottery: Is It Genuine? / Tier 2 UK Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.