Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,032 members, 7,956,823 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:03 PM

Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy (46571 Views)

2023: Peter Obi Addresses The Media / "Time To Reboot Nigeria" - Peter Obi Addresses Nigerians 7 Days Before Election / Peter Obi Team Begs Nairaland, Others To Take Down 'Blasphemous Prayer Mat' Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by glad7live: 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
The man who we hope will be by the work and grace of men. Amen
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by lanrock(m): 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2022
Fahdiga:
Now we have someone speaking like a president that he will soon be. Peter Obi might not be perfect. Even the holy book of Qur'an said that no one is perfect except Allah. We have forgotten about it. Peter Obi is the best man for the job. May Allah grant you your wish.
But u claimed it was Tinubu supporters that Mastermind it. You never believed it was Obi's supporters.
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2022
zionstaar75:
u get sense,that's why I stopped supporting him,mobbish is the perfect word,no control!I wish all the best .I hope they won't eventually be his downfall

According to you, you stopped supporting the best candidate because his supporters are annoying?

Are you going to vote for Peter Obi or his supporters? Who is going to rule Nigeria, Peter Obi or his supporters?

To whom brain is given, sense is expected.
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by Patrioticbreed9(m): 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2022
After reading all the comments if i no vote this man make i die!

This is the Man nigeria needs..

I myself i have been enlightening his supporters on how to civil with people till i asked myself A GROWNUP(18) that will take because of what the world is saying and reject the right thing is that one still an adult?

Peter obi my 1 vote is for you sir.
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by VEHINTOLAR: 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2022
Prayer mat or not,Igbo won't govern Nigeria in nearest future. If you idiots from that tiny enclave of criminals think you can insult other Nigerians to power,a rude shock awaits you f00ls !
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by ufotunang: 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2022
What is the problem...is it mat that should be the Muslim northern problem or the bad economy, p and the insecurity, bandits terrorist disturbing the northerners and the north...in which you should support a competent person like Peter obi to make the economy to be good and better and reduce the insecurity in the country and the north... which one is better for you
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by Factcheck0001: 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2022
Fahdiga:
You don't even know me personally to be lying against me. I don't hate northerners and Muslims. In fact Mustafa Ali from Damaturu is my favorite friend and he is a northerner. Stop lying against a believer or Allah's curse will be upon you.
guy
So election can humble u this way to the extent that an head slammer can b your best friend?

So election can humble u to the extent that a terrorist that deserve to b wiped away from d surface of d earth can b your best friend?
Omo this election na better thing ooo

I wish we can b having it every year so people can always see other practicing another religion as human like them

Igbo
Tinubuadvocate
Trutharena

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by 43Ronin: 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Nice. It is better late than never.

This his bold assertive condemnation and dissociation from the appaling disrespectful social media hype-gone-awry exercise by his followers is also a lesson to his misguided ipob terrorist followers who are ignorant of other religions/tribes.

It is this ignorance and hatred ipob terrorists have for others that make them to trash talk, make hate speeches and look down on the Islamic faith instead of learning about the religion and respecting other people's culture and religion.

HE Obi is a Patriot. May God bless him and bless Nigeria.

Btw, on the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand.

Meanwhile,here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
God bless Nigeria for ever.

But mannabbq you are very confused ooo. U started by supporting tinubu initially, then you jumped to supporting osinbajo/zulum now you are back to tinubu before. Its very bad to be at the lowest low of any endeavour cos then u are nothing but a mere order taker whose contribution is valueless just like a dog who has no option but to fetch when master throws a stick
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by Offpoint1: 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2022
festacman:
Of course, it came from overzealous supporters. But again, that is one downside of a politician having organic but mobbish support. They are driven by so much emotion and excitement to contribute to overthrow the status quo they considered stale. There will be more of this statement to come when real campaign starts because many will go overboard.
I will go overboard,I will go "Lord's Chosen" style....but stack naked with Obified painted all over my body.
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by ufotunang: 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
dettolgel:
Oga stop speaking English and start perfecting your rigging scheme because this election is up for grab by the best rigger.
..so with the INEC election transmission if votes can they still rig the election
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by honor4me: 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
Now what campaign strategy be this. That we should be sleeping on a mat in order to get our vote? Whether it’s for prayer or for just sleeping, the mat strategy really misses it. Muslims don’t sleep on a mat with pictures or pray on it. Besides, who wants to descend to the low level of sleeping on mat?
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by Eddygourdo(m): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Nice. It is better late than never.

This his bold assertive condemnation and dissociation from the appalling disrespectful social media hype-gone-awry exercise by his followers is also a lesson to his misguided ipob terrorist followers who are ignorant of other religions/tribes.

It is this ignorance and hatred ipob terrorists have for others that make them to trash talk, make hate speeches and look down on the Islamic faith instead of learning about the religion and respecting other people's culture and religion.

HE Obi is a Patriot. May God bless him and bless Nigeria.

Btw, on the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand.

Meanwhile,here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
God bless Nigeria for ever.
May all the gods in heaven and Earth forbid this.
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by Sunday2021: 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2022
Fahdiga:
Now we have someone speaking like a president that he will soon be. Peter Obi might not be perfect. Even the holy book of Qur'an said that no one is perfect except Allah. We have forgotten about it. Peter Obi is the best man for the job. May Allah grant you your wish.
since this statement is coming from you iam not surprised. But the question that is disturbing me is: When did you stop supporting Biafra agitation and start supporting one Nigeria?
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by jimyjames(m): 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
StagethemTVee:
Says a man who has no control of his support groups but wants to control and lead Nigeria, a country with severe unrest everywhere, diverse interests and tribes. This one will sabi push blame.
This was one of the reasons you fools voted Buhari in 2015 , that Jonathan was a weak man, Nigeria need a president who can control , well Buhari has controlled this country backwardly, Nigeria doesn't need a controller but a servant to serve the country
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by Fahdiga(m): 1:30pm On Jul 01, 2022
Sunday2021:
since this statement is coming from you iam not surprised. But the question that is disturbing me is: When did you stop supporting Biafra agitation and start supporting one Nigeria?
Trash
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by bencr7: 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2022
dettolgel:
Oga stop speaking English and start perfecting your rigging scheme because this election is up for grab by the best rigger.
that is number one thing killing d country which is rigging u are talking about! A country that every leaders or politicians love rigging to win an election that country can never progress forever...
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by boldtruthalways: 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2022
hopman98:
Oga pandora, na ur followers go be ur downfall o, they're too toxic and go to silly extreme length just to promote u, not knowing that they're only demarketing u. Now watch 'em call me namesgrin. #CRUISE
Don't look at what his followers are saying but look at the man himself because its him that will be on the ballot not his followers. Also remember that many of followers personally volunteered to work for him and some even use their money to support him, thr first people are sponsoring a candidate in Nigeria and not the other way round for other parties where the candidate is dishing out dollars to people. Vote wisely in 2023.
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by Sunday2021: 1:35pm On Jul 01, 2022
Fahdiga:
Trash
which of them is trash?Peter Obi or Biafra.
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by onuman: 1:35pm On Jul 01, 2022
dettolgel:

Ha ha ha. You are mean but ...

Buhari cabal has perfected rigging plans, right from INEC Voter Registration exercise to vote receiving servers on voting days.
Whether the cabal will rig to favour Atiku or Tinubu is not decided yet.
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by bencr7: 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
StagethemTVee:
Says a man who has no control of his support groups but wants to control and lead Nigeria, a country with severe unrest everywhere, diverse interests and tribes. This one will sabi push blame.
like d one will are having now,that have blame pdp, Jonathan,youths,dansuki,Twitter, Obasanjo,snake that swallow money and even Corona virus grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by Moddam: 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2022
The man behind the mat controversy cheesy

Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by naija4life247: 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2022
Them never born Peter Obituary's Mama well make he no come deny the Mat. We Muslims will not take the nonsense he did by instigating his fellow senseless Flattino idiots to close down Rev Fr Mbaka's Church for telling him that Aso Rock is somewhere he(Obituary) will never sleep in. If he and his senseless supporters do anyhow, them go see anyhow.

The way he dey bow down for Jesus (AWS) and Mary's statue for his Catholic Church, he wants to bring that into the Mosque
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2022
ishit4bodyy:
But one Obidient said the mat was from Tinubu’s camp!

What shall separate obituarists from lies

Read again, it’s not from his camp. No one know where e come from, so by still be from your daddy camp. Try to read to understand not reply
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by NakedTruth4eva: 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2022
festacman:
Of course, it came from overzealous supporters. But again, that is one downside of a politician having organic but mobbish support. They are driven by so much emotion and excitement to contribute to overthrow the status quo they considered stale. There will be more of this statement to come when real campaign starts because many will go overboard.
It might not be from his supporters. Definitely from saboteurs that want to provoke the Muslims against Peter Obi's candidacy

Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by rollywise(m): 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
Lol Nigeria! A land of funny citizens and wicked politicians .
God punish all politicians, the past,present and future ones.

Dj! Bring me 200 kolanuts and 7 cups of green palmwine.
Barman! Play me "our politicians are crazy" by Jumong and Kanye west.

In your mind now you think you not interested in politicians and politics but you forget there must be leaders whether you interested or not and they'll make policies that will affect you like the situation in the country is hitting you hard right now. Go get your PVC and not Peter Obi for a better Nigeria
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by ogbuefi677(m): 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2022
Fahdiga:
Fahdiga nwanne,udo diri gi!
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by Richieniit: 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2022
dettolgel:

Awon Batified and Tinubu supporters speaking. We know una grin
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by CoolAmbience(m): 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2022
Fahdiga:

Let me have his performance scorecard in Anambra?

I mean his key capital projects while he was governor.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by LAFOCUZY: 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2022
jmoore:
Peter Obi's movement is like blockchain technology. He is not in control of many of his supporters.

And he keeps apologizing to people who have already blocked their hearts. They prefer evil APC.

Did Buhari of APC apologize when his supporters carried a coffin that had Goodluck Jonathan written on it?

Every reasonable individual knows those with the highest form of extremism in supporting. All of a sudden, they have forgotten how they behaved.

The clowns saying they won't vote Peter Obi because of his supporters, are you voting Peter Obi or his supporters?

You think you are doing Peter Obi a favour?

Vote APC for more suffering na.

While not excusing the outburst and attacks we have seen from the youths, it's a very clear indication of the level of frustration they face.
Imagine being in school and not sure when you will graduate and the government gives not a hoot. Imagine graduating and can't get a job and still depend on parents and friends imagine having firends, brother, sister or parent sick and no healthcare. Imagine the killing everywhere and no security.

This election is an opportunity for them to find expression and it appears that anyone that say anything just anything in defence of the old order is the enemy. It's a huge mistake to think this is tribal or ipob as some may want to libel it. It is not. It is the collective outburst of most Nigerians who feels these failures over the years After all, the northern youth seems to have born the brunt of this failure in government more. Displaced from their home and farm, out of school, they are in the south begging. This affects all Nigerian. Everyone. And you think they are happy??

Would I blame them ?. No. Am I asking them to be a bit more controlled, absolutely YES. But you cannot rule out the suffering and pain people are going through unless you don't live in Nigeria or you are damn right insensitive or you are rewarded by status quo or in the pay roll of these old political parties

Unfortunately, psychology tells you that when people are frustrated and angry they become largely uncontrolled or shut in. This is going to increase unless there is good government. And a small spark can set the nation ablaze. The french people came to this point before the french revolution, same with the Arab spring.

We must make a change to the new order. Let's do away with these old politicians APC and PDP. Let's try something new.

Did you listen to the news today? Did you hear about the killings? It has become normal. The news messes up your mind set.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by Joe4real1988(m): 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
StagethemTVee:
Bro reason deeply ok. If Tinubu is your candidate, does he have control over u? U could wake up one morning and do something in his favor thinking it's right not knowing it will have an effect on him? Una too get poor judgemental faculty. undecided
Re: Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy by Simplythebest: 1:57pm On Jul 01, 2022
Do u really pride to say Nigeria is good and everything is working very well
StagethemTVee:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Meets Solomon Ukaoha, Innovator Who Created Mini Transformer (photos) / 30 Yelwan Zangam Residents Die In Fresh Attacks In Jos, Several Houses Burnt / Ex-commissioner Snubs His Brother In Bayelsa. See What Happened Next. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.